What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Aretha Franklin "The Thrill Is Gone (From Yesterday's Kiss)" from Aretha Franklin's 19th album "Spirit In The Dark" released in 1970 on Atlantic Records.

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Aretha Franklin "The Thrill Is Gone (From Yesterday's Kiss)" from Aretha Franklin's 19th album "Spirit In The Dark" released in 1970 on Atlantic Records.

I grew up with the B.B. King version.

^ That there is epic! Anytime you got a black guy playing steel electric guitar? Yeah!

Idk who he is, but it's all good!

Last edited:
I am listening to "Make The Most" from my late beautiful precious Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys during his earlier days with an act named Pyramid in 1974.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly, this song is not at the You Tube website right now.

Sandy Denny was one of the three great female Folk Rockers in Britain from that era (along with Maddy Prior of Steeleye Span and Annie Haslam of Renaissance) Her duet with Robert Plant in Battle for Evermore was a thing of beauty. This is my favorite Sandy Denny song though

Forum List

Back