What are you listening to?

Here's one to watch. From South Africa, Alice Phoebe Lou "She"
Very original indeed.

So I have had a few months away from this thread that I begin two years and seven months ago, it still is going strong, excellent. Also thank you for everyone continuing to post in it :smoke:

Pogo ogo are you aware of Dave Evans, yes? No?

Dave Evans "Grey Lady Morning" from the album "The Words In Between" released in 1971 on The Village Thing Records.

Cecil Taylor "Tales (8 Whisps)" from the album "Unit Structures" released in 1966 on Blue Note Records.

Sandy Denny "The Quiet Land of Érin" a Home Demo recorded in November 1968, this is from the 19 CD "Sandy Denny" Box Set released in 2010 on Island Records. "The Quiet Land of Érin" is Track 24 on CD 12.

Pogo ogo you should purchase, I recommend. I have everything already on the box set, I only bought it because from the 19 CDs 2 CDs are of Home Demos and Unheard Songs and also the hard back book included is very excellent.

sandydennyboxset_5328695.jpg

sandy126.jpg

Oosie ---- look what I found in a thrift store yesterday for the princely sum of 25 cents....

iu

And it's in great shape :D

Also came out with Fairport Convention's Liege and Lief but that was another 25 cents.

Last edited:
Very original indeed.

So I have had a few months away from this thread that I begin two years and seven months ago, it still is going strong, excellent. Also thank you for everyone continuing to post in it :smoke:

Dave Evans "Grey Lady Morning" from the album "The Words In Between" released in 1971 on The Village Thing Records.

Cecil Taylor "Tales (8 Whisps)" from the album "Unit Structures" released in 1966 on Blue Note Records.

Sandy Denny "The Quiet Land of Érin" a Home Demo recorded in November 1968, this is from the 19 CD "Sandy Denny" Box Set released in 2010 on Island Records. "The Quiet Land of Érin" is Track 24 on CD 12.

Pogo ogo you should purchase, I recommend. I have everything already on the box set, I only bought it because from the 19 CDs 2 CDs are of Home Demos and Unheard Songs and also the hard back book included is very excellent.

sandy126.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald "Sunshine Of Your Love" from her live album of the same name released in 1969 on MPS Records. The song "Sunshine Of Your Love" is of course the Cream song and is on their second album "Disraeli Gears" released in 1967 on Reaction Records.

Very original indeed.

sandy126.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald "Sunshine Of Your Love" from her live album of the same name released in 1969 on MPS Records. The song "Sunshine Of Your Love" is of course the Cream song and is on their second album "Disraeli Gears" released in 1967 on Reaction Records.

Dinah Washington "Baby Get Lost" released in 1949 on 10" 78 RPM on Mercury Records, the B Side is "Long John Blues"

Very original indeed.

sandy126.jpg

Dinah Washington "Baby Get Lost" released in 1949 on 10" 78 RPM on Mercury Records, the B Side is "Long John Blues"

Moondog "Lament I (Bird's Lament)" from the album "Moondog" released in 1969 on Columbia Masterworks. This track "Lament I (Bird's Lament)" is in memory of Charlie Parker.

Moondog "Witch of Endor: I - Dance, II - Trio: (a) Adagio (The Prophecy), (b) Andante (The Battle), (c) Agitato (Saul's Death'), III - Dance (Reprise)" from the album "Moondog" same as above released in 1969 on Columbia Masterworks.

Louis Thomas Hardin aka Moondog, total genius, total cracked weird genius:

upload_2018-8-12_13-44-13.png

upload_2018-8-12_13-44-28.png

upload_2018-8-12_13-44-43.png

The Viking of 6th Avenue: An introduction to Moondog in 10 records

upload_2018-8-12_13-41-30.png

upload_2018-8-12_13-41-47.png

upload_2018-8-12_13-42-3.png

The weird and true story of Moondog - Macleans.ca

Very original indeed.

sandy126.jpg

The Bernard Herrmann Ensemble "Rebirth" from Bernard Herrmann's soundtrack for the 1951 film "The Day The Earth Stood Still" the full soundtrack album was released in 1993 on the label Twentieth Century Fox Film Scores. "Rebirth" features two Theremins (my ULTIMATE favourite instrument) played by Dr. Samuel J. Hoffman (his day job was being a Podiatric surgeon) and Paul Shure.

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band "Electricity" from the album "Safe As Milk" released in 1967 on Buddah Records, the above Dr. Samuel J. Hoffman plays Theremin on this track (he also appears on the albums final track "Autumn's Child")

Last edited:
Very original indeed.

sandy126.jpg

Jarvis Cocker "Fat Children" from the album "The Jarvis Cocker Record" released in 2006 on Rough Trade Records.

Forum List

Back