What are you listening to?

The Beatles "Drive My Car" arranged by cellist Naseem Alatrash featuring vocalist Nano Raies. The interpretation is being released to celebrate Saudi Arabia lifting the ban on women driving.

Loved it. :thup:

And playing the video led to this one -- qanun jazz from Berklee...

Ali Paris Experiment: "Najat 1958"

Here's one to watch. From South Africa, Alice Phoebe Lou "She"
Very original indeed.

So I have had a few months away from this thread that I begin two years and seven months ago, it still is going strong, excellent. Also thank you for everyone continuing to post in it :smoke:

Pogo ogo are you aware of Dave Evans, yes? No?

Dave Evans "Grey Lady Morning" from the album "The Words In Between" released in 1971 on The Village Thing Records.

Cecil Taylor "Tales (8 Whisps)" from the album "Unit Structures" released in 1966 on Blue Note Records.

Sandy Denny "The Quiet Land of Érin" a Home Demo recorded in November 1968, this is from the 19 CD "Sandy Denny" Box Set released in 2010 on Island Records. "The Quiet Land of Érin" is Track 24 on CD 12.

Pogo ogo you should purchase, I recommend. I have everything already on the box set, I only bought it because from the 19 CDs 2 CDs are of Home Demos and Unheard Songs and also the hard back book included is very excellent.

sandydennyboxset_5328695.jpg

sandy126.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald "Sunshine Of Your Love" from her live album of the same name released in 1969 on MPS Records. The song "Sunshine Of Your Love" is of course the Cream song and is on their second album "Disraeli Gears" released in 1967 on Reaction Records.

Dinah Washington "Baby Get Lost" released in 1949 on 10" 78 RPM on Mercury Records, the B Side is "Long John Blues"

When certain members of my family went to live in Argentina, among their Operatic friends was the Italian Tenor Tito Schipa who visited often in the 1950s, Tito Schipa was and is considered one of the greatest Leggiero Tenors of the 20th Century he primarily is known for his roles in various Opera's by Verdi and Puccini but he also recorded some Tango tunes for RCA Victor Argentina.

Tito Schipa "La Cumparsita" released in 1930 on 10" 78 RPM on RCA Victor Argentina.

He also recorded a beautiful version of the Tenor Aria "Una Furtiva Lagrima" from Gaetano Donizetti's "L'elisir d'amore" (1832)

Tito Schipa "Una Furtiva Lagrima" released in 1929 on 10" 78 RPM on La Voce Del Padrone (Italian version of HMV His Master's Voice) the B Side is the Tenor Aria "È la solita storia....Lamento di Federico" from Act II of the Opera "L'arlesiana" by Francesco Cilea (1897)

upload_2018-8-12_21-13-32.png

upload_2018-8-12_21-13-54.png

Here's one to watch. From South Africa, Alice Phoebe Lou "She"
Very original indeed.

So I have had a few months away from this thread that I begin two years and seven months ago, it still is going strong, excellent. Also thank you for everyone continuing to post in it :smoke:

Dave Evans "Grey Lady Morning" from the album "The Words In Between" released in 1971 on The Village Thing Records.

Cecil Taylor "Tales (8 Whisps)" from the album "Unit Structures" released in 1966 on Blue Note Records.

Sandy Denny "The Quiet Land of Érin" a Home Demo recorded in November 1968, this is from the 19 CD "Sandy Denny" Box Set released in 2010 on Island Records. "The Quiet Land of Érin" is Track 24 on CD 12.

Pogo ogo you should purchase, I recommend. I have everything already on the box set, I only bought it because from the 19 CDs 2 CDs are of Home Demos and Unheard Songs and also the hard back book included is very excellent.

sandy126.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald "Sunshine Of Your Love" from her live album of the same name released in 1969 on MPS Records. The song "Sunshine Of Your Love" is of course the Cream song and is on their second album "Disraeli Gears" released in 1967 on Reaction Records.

Dinah Washington "Baby Get Lost" released in 1949 on 10" 78 RPM on Mercury Records, the B Side is "Long John Blues"

Nick Drake "Strange Meeting II" recorded in 1968 at Far Leys, Tanworth-in-Arden, one of Nick Drake's Home Demos, first released in 1987 on the album of Outtakes and Home Demos "Time Of No Reply" on Hannibal Records.

sandy126.jpg

Nick Drake "Strange Meeting II" recorded in 1968 at Far Leys, Tanworth-in-Arden, one of Nick Drake's Home Demos, first released in 1987 on the album of Outtakes and Home Demos "Time Of No Reply" on Hannibal Records.

Aretha not too good in health, hopefully she recovers.

Aretha Franklin "The Thrill Is Gone (From Yesterday's Kiss)" from Aretha Franklin's 19th album "Spirit In The Dark" released in 1970 on Atlantic Records.

sandy126.jpg

Aretha not too good in health, hopefully she recovers.

Aretha Franklin "The Thrill Is Gone (From Yesterday's Kiss)" from Aretha Franklin's 19th album "Spirit In The Dark" released in 1970 on Atlantic Records.

Aretha Franklin "Drown In My Own Tears" from Aretha Franklin's 11th album "I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You" released in 1967 on Atlantic Records.

Forum List

Back