What are you listening to?

What I'm listening to now I just posted in the Prince thread by Mudwhistle... before that, it was:

I hated Van Halen with Sammy Hagar. Lol. *thumbs down*

You mean Van Hagar? Sammy is very polarizing. I once did the Bay to Breakers carrying a boom box to help keep the pace and rhythm. It had running music on it. Even at full volume it wasn't very loud due to the crowd size. However, a few people ran by complaining of the music when Sammy was singing with his band. They said to turn it down in a snarky tone. Most of the people liked the music. Locals there like Sammy.

This song has the Van Halen sound even with Sammy.

This one could be a mixture.

This one is Sammy.

Do you know Sammy Hagar?

I hated Van Halen with Sammy Hagar. Lol. *thumbs down*

You mean Van Hagar? Sammy is very polarizing. I once did the Bay to Breakers carrying a boom box to help keep the pace and rhythm. It had running music on it. Even at full volume it wasn't very loud due to the crowd size. However, a few people ran by complaining of the music when Sammy was singing with his band. They said to turn it down in a snarky tone. Most of the people liked the music. Locals there like Sammy.

This song has the Van Halen sound even with Sammy.

This one could be a mixture.

This one is Sammy.

Do you know Sammy Hagar?

I'm not a Sammy Hagar fan. Lol. :) No offense.

only because it was on a commercial. I'm trying to figure out what to add to my Youtube play list:

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

The Fall "Totally Wired" released on 7" in 1980 on Rough Trade Records....the B Side is "Putta Block"

The Fall are my favourite band EVAH....they released album number 30 in 2015.

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Clinic "Cement Mixer" released on 7" in 1998 on Aladdin's Cave of Golf Records....the B Sides are "Kimberley" and "Voot"

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Buffalo Springfield "Mr. Soul" from their album "Buffalo Springfield Again" released in 1967 on ATCO Records.

Edited for spelling error.

Last edited:
The one and only song I like by Sammy Hagar (also a hilarious video!)

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Sleater-Kinney "Ironclad" from the album "All Hands On The Bad One" released in 2000 on Kill Rock Star Records.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Little Walter "My Babe" released on 7" in 1955 on Checker Records....the B Side is "Thunder Bird"

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Little Richard "Ooh! My Soul" released on 7" in 1958 on Speciality Records....the B Side is "True Fine Mama"

This is very much one of Little Richard's most raucous songs, the band spends nearly the entire song trying to catch up with him....he's hyper and out of control from the beginning :smoke:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Morrissey "The Last of The Famous International Playboys" released on 7" in 1989 on His Master's Voice Records....the B Side is "Lucky Lisp"

The song name checks The Kray Twins, Ronnie and Reggie, notorious 1960s East End London Gangsters:

Kray twins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back