What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Professor Alex Bradford & The Bradford Specials "Too Close To Heaven" released on 10" in 1953 on Speciality Records....the B Side is "I Don't Care What The World May Do"

I love this song - it's my new favorite song to listen to.....

I'm and imaging
a dark lit place, your place or mine
I'm not paralyzed, but I seem to be struck by you
I want to make you move
because you're standing still
and if your body matches what your eyes can do
you'll probably move right through me on my way to you

Can't Find My Way Back Home....

first, by Blind Faith in 1969

and in 2007- Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton (both formerly of Blind Faith)

lyrics from another song of their's I like:

The days go by and you wish you were a different guy,
Different friends and a new set of clothes.
You make alterations and affect a new pose,
A new house, a new car, a new job, a new nose.
But it's superficial and it's only skin deep,
Because the voices in your head keep shouting in your sleep.
Get back, get back.

A great song by two performers: My Back Pages

Bob Dylan

The Byrds

Was on a flight to NY with the Byrds many moons ago, seemed like nice guys. Simply brilliant taking the words of King Solomon and putting them to music.

That is so cool! Wish I could have met some of these guys - love the Byrds :)

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Ronnie Hawkins and The Hawks "Who Do You Love" released on 7" in 1963 on Roulette Records....the B Side is "Bo Diddley"....Ronnie Hawkins backing band The Hawks, the 1957-1964 line-up later in 1964 changed their name to The Band and then became Bob Dylan's backing band.

"Who Do You Love" is a complete gem, it's also wonderfully raucous.

Forum List

Back