🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

What are your attitudes about Homosexuals?

• I hate them all

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Homosexuals should be jailed or exiled

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • They should have no special protections

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • They should be protected under Civil Rights laws

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • They should be allowed to have Civil Unions only

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • They should be allowed to marry

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • They should be protected from any discrimination

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 30 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
which is fine, because it is not about genetics being passed down, as a layman's way of putting it. So you're conceding there is no proof of a gay gene passed down at birth.

Good on ya

Basically saying it's not genetic

I already posted proof that it's genetic, didn't you read it?

Here's a repost of post 270
In 1993, American geneticist Dean Hamer found families with several gay males on the mother’s side, suggesting a gene on the X chromosome. He showed that pairs of brothers who were openly gay shared a small region at the tip of the X, and proposed that it contained a gene that predisposes a male to homosexuality.

This year, a larger study of gay brothers, using the many genetic markers now available through the Human Genome Project, confirmed the original finding and also detected another “gay gene” on chromosome 8. This has unleashed a new flurry of comment.

If there are male-loving and female-loving alleles of tens or hundreds of genes battling it out in the population, everyone will inherit a mixture of different variants. Combined with environmental influences, it will be hard to detect individual genes.

Gay men and lesbian women may simply be the two ends of the same distribution.
How our genes could make us gay or straight - The Washington Post

So we narrow down the genes that cause people to be gay and at first we'll have the option to abort fetuses that are gay. Eventually we'll be able to manipulate DNA so abortion will no longer be necessary and gayness will be cured.

Just need patience.

A simple and singular cause for sexual dysphoria / homosexuality has never been determined. No gay gene has ever been isolated. Despite the fact the Humen Genome has been mapped out , science can tell you why your hair is the color it is , determine your expected life expectancy, and decipher the most minute details of your physical composition, yet science can not find a Gay Gene.

Identical Twin Studies however seem to have proven that Homosexuality is Not Genetic. Eight major studies of identical twins in over the past 20 years all arrived at the same conclusion: that gays were not born that way.
Science has found "men loving genes" and "women loving genes" so you would be incorrect.

I believe in the rights of unborn women. I believe in the right of the fetus to "choose" life over death. But using your logic folks should be able to kill their "born" children if and when they become burdensome. Life is burdensome! That's a fact. When a woman spreads her legs in the heat of passion she agrees to the possible long term ramifications of her action. She acquiesced to the possibility of parenthood. It's at THAT point that she had the "right to choose." Don't want a baby? Close your legs.

You believe in all kinds of magical things but the law doesn't.

The law defines Constitutional rights and not your mythical beliefs. If you want to overturn the Constitutional rights of your fellow Americans then you need to follow the legal procedure for doing so.

However until you change the Constitution you don't get to impose your own personal religious beliefs on others.

I believe in the Constitutional rights of all humans (whether in the womb or out of the womb).
A fetus does not have any Constitutional rights other than those granted by the woman carrying the fetus. That is her individual choice to make. Your religious beliefs play no legal role whatsoever. A fetus has no Constitutional rights. The State has the right to regulate 3rd trimester abortions but even then it cannot ban them and place the life of the woman concerned at needless risk for the sake of the fetus.
Perhaps the Constitution can be changed to allow the rights of normal folks to "abort" gays? How would you feel about the Constitution then?

Exactly the same way I feel about it right now. I have no doubt whatsoever that "normal folks" abort "gay fetuses" right now albeit unknowingly. Given the number of abortions the percentage that would be gay would be similar to that of gays being born in the general population.

Furthermore the right of an individual to make that choice is hers alone. Whatever factors influence her decision are entirely up to her. I have no say in the matter and neither do you.

Her rights are her rights. She gets to make the choice. I don't and you most certainly don't.

I believe in the Constitutional rights of all humans (whether in the womb or out of the womb). Perhaps the Constitution can be changed to allow the rights of normal folks to "abort" gays? How would you feel about the Constitution then?

Don't need to change the Constitution. The right for a woman to choose what to do with her body has already been made. You can abort the gay fetuses and prove you're a hypocrite.

Nope. I wouldn't abort "gay fetuses" because there's no such thing. All humans are born with a strong tendency towards sin. Proper training; loving discipline; good, parental examples; exposure to the tenets of the Gospel; and a strong definition between the concept of "right vs. wrong" will point ANY child in the right direction. All people are born sinners but all people have the ability to overcome their sin and walk "the straight and narrow."

Too bad your religious beliefs don't work in reality. There are plenty of gays who were brought up with those same beliefs and it made no difference to them being gay.

You can't "pray out the gay". It doesn't work.

"I think looking in the biological field for evidence of a biological cause for sexuality outside of heterosexuality is stupid" is the most ignorant post of the thread.

This ignorance, deliberately, by the far right pushes marriage equality close to implementation every day.

Science has pretty much proven that there is no gay gene, so basically what you are advocating is lying to the public in order to further an agenda.

The ends justify the means in your mind apparently. You're a horrible human being.

:link:

Facts not in evidence. Onus is on LJ to provide credible substantiation for his link.

"I think looking in the biological field for evidence of a biological cause for sexuality outside of heterosexuality is stupid" is the most ignorant post of the thread.

This ignorance, deliberately, by the far right pushes marriage equality close to implementation every day.

Science has pretty much proven that there is no gay gene, so basically what you are advocating is lying to the public in order to further an agenda. The ends justify the means in your mind apparently. You're a horrible human being.

Your statements are false, and you know they are false.

All you are doing is stamping your feet. Go ahead.

Are you going to back that up buddy?
I already posted proof that it's genetic, didn't you read it?

Here's a repost of post 270

How our genes could make us gay or straight - The Washington Post

So we narrow down the genes that cause people to be gay and at first we'll have the option to abort fetuses that are gay. Eventually we'll be able to manipulate DNA so abortion will no longer be necessary and gayness will be cured.

Just need patience.

A simple and singular cause for sexual dysphoria / homosexuality has never been determined. No gay gene has ever been isolated. Despite the fact the Humen Genome has been mapped out , science can tell you why your hair is the color it is , determine your expected life expectancy, and decipher the most minute details of your physical composition, yet science can not find a Gay Gene.

Identical Twin Studies however seem to have proven that Homosexuality is Not Genetic. Eight major studies of identical twins in over the past 20 years all arrived at the same conclusion: that gays were not born that way.
Science has found "men loving genes" and "women loving genes" so you would be incorrect.

Science has pretty much proven that there is no gay gene, so basically what you are advocating is lying to the public in order to further an agenda.

The ends justify the means in your mind apparently. You're a horrible human being.

Facts not in evidence. Onus is on LJ to provide credible substantiation for his link.

Like so many social cons he believes his opinion is factual evidence.

I will refrain from REposting the many studies on epigenetics and fetal development; neither of which an individual has any "choice" in.

Are you going to back that up buddy?

He tried to earlier,and failed miserably - scroll back

Science has pretty much proven that there is no gay gene, so basically what you are advocating is lying to the public in order to further an agenda. The ends justify the means in your mind apparently. You're a horrible human being.

Starkey is good for entertainment purposes only, I've yet to see him add anything of value or substance to any debate. If you like a good laugh from time to time keep him aorund, if you don't enjoy humor put him on ignore.

Starkey is good for entertainment purposes only, I've yet to see him add anything of value or substance to any debate. If you like a good laugh from time to time keep him aorund, if you don't enjoy humor put him on ignore.

Ironic!

no I don't sound like I hate science. I sound like I hate politicized science...because I do.

I think looking in the biological field for evidence of a biological cause for sexuality outside of heterosexuality is stupid. We have so many influences that could contribute to all forms of hypersexuality...be it straight or gay. You want to waste time on proving genetic or/and biological causes. It is all about enviroment & social causes... The APA was right before they were pressured to change their stance. We'd probably be having less problems with acceptance of gays....buts that's me.

You sound like you hate science. Where else would one look for the reason some people are born gay and others are not. If it was only environmental or social everyone experiencing those conditions would be gay. We all know thats not the case as brothers growing up in the same family can be of different sexual orientations. The Collins brothers come to mind. Why is one gay and the other is not? The root of the mystery has to be genetic.

That sounds more like your opinion and subjective. What is politicized science? Whatever you bury your head in the sand and ignore?

"I think looking in the biological field for evidence of a biological cause for sexuality outside of heterosexuality is stupid"

Good Point, it tends to prove the fact that heterosexuality does not have a "cause" it is the norm. Homosexuality is not the norm, it is an abberation, a deviance, a perversion and not normal human behavior , and not somethiong one is born with. So, if it's not something you are born with, if its not genetic , then what causes it ?

no I don't sound like I hate science. I sound like I hate politicized science...because I do.

I think looking in the biological field for evidence of a biological cause for sexuality outside of heterosexuality is stupid. We have so many influences that could contribute to all forms of hypersexuality...be it straight or gay. You want to waste time on proving genetic or/and biological causes. It is all about enviroment & social causes... The APA was right before they were pressured to change their stance. We'd probably be having less problems with acceptance of gays....buts that's me.

You sound like you hate science. Where else would one look for the reason some people are born gay and others are not. If it was only environmental or social everyone experiencing those conditions would be gay. We all know thats not the case as brothers growing up in the same family can be of different sexual orientations. The Collins brothers come to mind. Why is one gay and the other is not? The root of the mystery has to be genetic.

politicized science - American Psychological Association. Owned by the Gays

"I think looking in the biological field for evidence of a biological cause for sexuality outside of heterosexuality is stupid"

Good Point, it tends to prove the fact that heterosexuality does not have a "cause" it is the norm. Homosexuality is not the norm, it is an abberation, a deviance, a perversion and not normal human behavior , and not somethiong one is born with. So, if it's not something you are born with, if its not genetic , then what causes it ?

The cause of heterosexuality is genes as well. When did you make the decision to be attracted to women instead of men?

The cause of heterosexuality is genes as well. When did you make the decision to be attracted to women instead of men?

Perhaps you need to understand the difference between normal and abnormal. Attraction to the opposite sex is natural, it is why Human Beings and all species for that matter continue to exist. Attraction to same sex is abnbormal, serves no natural function, and is abnormal. Nobody makes the decision tobe attracted to the opposite sex - that's how nature designed us. Your statement, parroted from LGBT propaganda is an asinnine and moronic statement as is the entire LGBT scenario.

So far as the proposed biological basis for explaining homosexuality - Genetics - unproven, unfounded and unsound . Attempts to prove it are based upon Politicized Science which in essence is crack pot science practiced by queer witch doctors in between salivating over one anothers phallic fantasies.

Last edited:

:eusa_clap:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

But you have nothing scientific to support your opinion, greenbean.

You know nothing.

Forum List

Back