What Are Your Personal Feelings re: The Immigration Crisis:

Dear Tea Party, America's Addiction to Illegal Drugs and Cheap Labor Causes Illegal Immigration

Why aren't Americans still talking about the abducted Nigerian school girls or the VA crisis anymore? The reason is that we have an attention span only long enough to process talking points and media driven outrage; a fatal flaw when it comes to creating solutions to complicated dilemmas. Groups like the Tea Party would rather focus on immigrants who break the law than look in the mirror and ask how our own decisions (and lawbreaking) cause the problems we face.

As for the current immigration crisis with tens of thousands of desperate children at our borders, these young people are fleeing violence and political mayhem in their home countries for a reason. We helped foment this chaos with our drug habit. They're choosing to risk death in order to immigrate to a country that hires illegal immigrants for a reason. Americans, possibly even Lou Dobbs, hire illegal immigrants. This crisis, and the entire immigration issue, rests squarely upon the shoulders of the American people. If we didn't buy the drugs that have ruined Central America or employ the illegal immigrants who represent over 5 percent of the U.S. labor force, we would not have an immigration problem. Unlike the Tea Party and Murrieta protesters who think illegal immigrants are invading the country, we caused this immigration fiasco long before courageous young people decided to flee their countries in search of political asylum.
This is utter nonsense.

America's consumption of recreational drugs is not the problem. The absolutely counterproductive War On Drugs is! The simple fact is if the money wasted on the ineffective drug war were spent on a public information program the use of drugs could be reduced just as the use of cigarettes has been dramatically reduced. And cigarettes are more addictive than any recreational drug -- including heroin.

So the above article is one more corporatist propaganda effort to blame everything on drugs for the singular purpose of perpetuating and expanding the useless War On Drugs.

I'm coldly apathetic.

You think miserable and menacing circumstances are a new phenomenon?

My ancestors lived such lives overseas, yet they immigrated via the law and the process
The problem is George W. Bush signed a law mandating that any refugee from a non-contiguous country (such as Mexico) who arrives at our border seeking asylum from inhumanely oppressive conditions must be allowed to enter and remain here until afforded a proper hearing. So while the vast majority of these refugees qualify for asylum they are by no means the whole show.

If these Hondurans, Guatemalans, and Salvadorans are admitted we can expect a flood of asylum-seekers from India, Africa, and any other country where third-world conditions prevail. Our southern border could very well be swarmed and the Border Patrol overwhelmed. (I have no doubt that Bush knew exactly what he was doing.)

So what do you think we should do?

Mexico does not fit the description.

He was speaking of african shitholes where kids got their arms cut off and ate bark to live

Dear Tea Party, America's Addiction to Illegal Drugs and Cheap Labor Causes Illegal Immigration

Why aren't Americans still talking about the abducted Nigerian school girls or the VA crisis anymore? The reason is that we have an attention span only long enough to process talking points and media driven outrage; a fatal flaw when it comes to creating solutions to complicated dilemmas. Groups like the Tea Party would rather focus on immigrants who break the law than look in the mirror and ask how our own decisions (and lawbreaking) cause the problems we face.

As for the current immigration crisis with tens of thousands of desperate children at our borders, these young people are fleeing violence and political mayhem in their home countries for a reason. We helped foment this chaos with our drug habit. They're choosing to risk death in order to immigrate to a country that hires illegal immigrants for a reason. Americans, possibly even Lou Dobbs, hire illegal immigrants. This crisis, and the entire immigration issue, rests squarely upon the shoulders of the American people. If we didn't buy the drugs that have ruined Central America or employ the illegal immigrants who represent over 5 percent of the U.S. labor force, we would not have an immigration problem. Unlike the Tea Party and Murrieta protesters who think illegal immigrants are invading the country, we caused this immigration fiasco long before courageous young people decided to flee their countries in search of political asylum.

more

Why aren't Americans still talking about the abducted Nigerian school girls or the VA crisis anymore? b/c obama didn't fix it and can't, so leftist can't use if as a pr stunt anymore. Groups like the Tea Party would rather focus onillegal alienswho break the law than look in the mirror and ask how our own decisions (and lawbreaking) cause the problems we face. :cuckoo:

As for the current illegal aliencrisis with tens of thousands of desperate children who have parents that should be caring for them, not letting them run off at our borders, these young people are fleeing violence and political mayhem in their home countries for a reason. We did not helped foment this chaos with our drug habit. They're choosing to risk death in order to illegally immigrate to a country that hires illegal immigrants for a reason. Americans, illegal immigrants. This crisis, and the entire immigration issue, does not rests squarely upon the shoulders of the American people. If we didn't buy the drugs that have ruined Central America or employ the illegal immigrants who represent over 5 percent of the U.S. labor force, :link: we would not have an immigration problem. what utter horseshit and complete fucking ignorance, they were coming long before that. Unlike the Tea Party and Murrieta protesters who think illegal immigrants are invading the country, we caused this immigration fiasco long before courageous young people decided to flee their countries in search of political asylum. then offer to adopt some you lying fuck. put your money where your mouth is. If you are lucky, you will get a cool MS-13 member as a roomie

I'm coldly apathetic.

My ancestors lived such lives overseas, yet they immigrated via the law and the process
The problem is George W. Bush signed a law mandating that any refugee from a non-contiguous country (such as Mexico) who arrives at our border seeking asylum from inhumanely oppressive conditions must be allowed to enter and remain here until afforded a proper hearing. So while the vast majority of these refugees qualify for asylum they are by no means the whole show.

If these Hondurans, Guatemalans, and Salvadorans are admitted we can expect a flood of asylum-seekers from India, Africa, and any other country where third-world conditions prevail. Our southern border could very well be swarmed and the Border Patrol overwhelmed. (I have no doubt that Bush knew exactly what he was doing.)

He was speaking of african shitholes where kids got their arms cut off and ate bark to live
You're right! Please pardon the thoughtless oversight. I've removed the clumsy error in construction. Mexico is contiguous with the U.S., therefore ineligible for asylum on demand.

more

Speak for yourself. I have never done drugs, don't plan to any time soon. I do not hire illegal immigrants, either. So explain just why I should have to cough up my hard-earned cash to pay for thousands of criminal invaders?

Frankly, I don't care who started it, it needs to be stopped, NOW!
I have no argument against that. But I'm hoping for suggestions, because I am baffled.

Everyone is baffled, that is why there are no solutions, only criticism and more illegals. It is sort of hard to find a solution with all of the finger pointing, obstructionism and nonsense arguments.

My suggestion is to start building refugee camps on the border to serve as a fence, buffer zone and deterrent. If you are caught crossing the border illegally and have some sort of legal claim...you will wait in the refugee camp until your hearing. If you are a criminal...you will go to jail until you are deported. There is no being released in the states...illegals will ALL be sent to refugee camps until their fate is decided.

In addition, force as many of these illegals as possible on canada. If they can take in 10K refugees from Syria...they can take 100K illegals from the South.

I agree with the refugee camps at the border. Modest accommodations, no frills. I also agree that these people should not be shipped all over the country and turned loose on their word that they will appear at the appointed time for a hearing. Any with a criminal background should be shipped immediately back to where they came from. As I understand, they are the major reason so many are flooding our borders, why allow them to come along and bring their corruption with them?

I'm coldly apathetic.

That's also not the law. Not the one that Bush signed. The one he signed was to give children that were kidnapped in other counties and brought here as sex slaves a hearing before they were deported. It had nothing to do with fleeing inhumane conditions.

Bush's mistake was in not looking ahead and considering how the law would be misused by a successor president that hated the country

There is no immigration crisis.

The rabble have been whining and complaining about immigrants ever since the end of the Revolutionary War. You'd think after over 230 years they'd grow some functioning brain cells.

This being an election year certain politicians are stirring the shit with great big spoons in order to drum up some votes.

The rabble has to ask themselves about all the other mass immigrations that have happened here since the late 18th Century: how terribly have those peoples impacted the USA?

Answer: Not terribly at all. Just like with these little kids, no threat to the country.

What Are Your Personal Feelings re: The Immigration Crisis:

That's the problem, subjective 'personal feelings' conflicting with facts and the rule of law, where all persons in the United States are entitled to due process, including those undocumented.

'Personal feelings' such as the unwarranted fear and hate of 'brown people' changing America.

'Personal feelings' such as those contributing to the inane perception by many that immigrants pose some sort of a 'threat.'

The purpose of the Constitution and its case law is to safeguard all persons from the hate, ignorance, and fear that can manifest as a consequence of 'personal feelings.'

'Personal feelings' such as the unwarranted fear and hate of 'brown people' changing America.

There it is again. Liberals just love the label "brown people." They can't stop themselves from throwing it around constantly. They typically use the term as if they are quoting conservatives, but liberals are the only ones I've ever seen/heard use the term to categorize/label/essentialize untold millions of people. It conveniently allows liberals to give vent to their own historically typical racism while implying it in others. As a diminutive (which it is - at best), it allows liberals to feel as if they are 'helping' "those poor little people" from mean old conservatives. It is, of course, a self-contained straw man since it is liberals who use the term and then respond to it as if whatever mean old conservative they are 'arguing' with or about had used such a typically leftist racial label rather than themselves.

This is utter nonsense.

America's consumption of recreational drugs is not the problem. The absolutely counterproductive War On Drugs is! The simple fact is if the money wasted on the ineffective drug war were spent on a public information program the use of drugs could be reduced just as the use of cigarettes has been dramatically reduced. And cigarettes are more addictive than any recreational drug -- including heroin.

So the above article is one more corporatist propaganda effort to blame everything on drugs for the singular purpose of perpetuating and expanding the useless War On Drugs.

Here is a novel idea...READ before you emote.

Excerpt:
The insanity of allowing marijuana to remain a Federal offense is highlighted by the fact that half of the drug seizures in the world are cannabis seizures.

From the same author:

Legalizing Marijuana Should Be a Top National Security Objective: Terrorism and Border Instability Would Diminish*|*H. A. Goodman

I'm coldly apathetic.

The problem is George W. Bush signed a law mandating that any refugee from a non-contiguous country who arrives at our border seeking asylum from inhumanely oppressive conditions must be allowed to enter and remain here until afforded a proper hearing. So while the vast majority of these refugees qualify for asylum they are by no means the whole show.

What to do?

These people are passing through Mexico, and entering the US through Mexico.

Mexico.

What is MEXICO doing to help US with THEIR exfiltration problem?

Clearly, Not Enough.

Thus, my solution is to begin a policy of charging Mexico 4000 gallons of oil per illegal entrant. In addition, flights to Mexico from the USA would include a tax designed to offset the border control costs.

Mexico is controlled by The Rich. You being hurting their exports and tourism industry, you begin to see a very different situation on the border.

While the pragmatic fact of the matter is the U.S. simply cannot begin absorbing an endless flow of impoverished refugees from depressed Central American countries, how do the utterly miserable, and reportedly menacing, circumstances these helpless children and their mothers are facing affect you emotionally? Are you coldly apathetic about their obvious suffering and concerned only with being rid of them, or have you been contemplating some way within our means to relieve their misery.

What are your thoughts about this situation?

I don't have a problem with it. Thing all national broders should be erradicated and we alljust get along living on planet earth. Don't see no borders from orbit.

Many imagine and dream about retiring outside the US to someplace tropical and warm year round that doesn't cost a lot. If you're ok about living there, why not be ok about them living here? Don't be such a prick. :)

Last edited:
While the pragmatic fact of the matter is the U.S. simply cannot begin absorbing an endless flow of impoverished refugees from depressed Central American countries, how do the utterly miserable, and reportedly menacing, circumstances these helpless children and their mothers are facing affect you emotionally? Are you coldly apathetic about their obvious suffering and concerned only with being rid of them, or have you been contemplating some way within our means to relieve their misery.

I don't have a problem with it. Thing all national broders [sic] should be erradicated [sic] and we alljust [sic] get along living on planet earth. Don't see no borders from orbit.

You don't see any doors or windows on private homes from orbit either. Ready to give yours up? Just so anyone can pop in to give you a hug and make a sandwich from your fridge whenever the spirit moves them?

:rolleyes:

There's idealism and then there's idiocy...

The utterly miserable and depressed around the world are none of my business. They can make their own countries better. That's their business.

Would all these people who support the invasion of brown people be as welcoming if the invaders were white people from Romania or Bulgaria? How come we didn't let in white South Africans fleeing violence? Or is it just brown people who get your sympathy.

The utterly miserable and depressed around the world are none of my business. They can make their own countries better. That's their business.

Would all these people who support the invasion of brown people be as welcoming if the invaders were white people from Romania or Bulgaria? How come we didn't let in white South Africans fleeing violence? Or is it just brown people who get your sympathy.

The desired goal is racial dilution and White displacement.

The desired goal is racial dilution and White displacement.

You're a pathetic fucking coward. All them 'colors' out ta git ya? Sad.

I don't have a problem with it. Thing all national broders should be erradicated and we alljust get along living on planet earth. Don't see no borders from orbit.

Many imagine and dream about retiring outside the US to someplace tropical and warm year round that doesn't cost a lot. If you're ok about living there, why not be ok about them living here? Don't be such a prick. :)

You do know that a vast amount of the world is wholly corrupt?

Do you see China giving up it's borders and ruthless power over it's people?

It's not an invasion, first of all. "Invasion" suggests that they're swarming in with the intent of taking over the country, that is certainly not the case.

They seek political asylum. Perhaps you should find a schoolteacher to help you with that term.

As for Eastern European "invaders" (god, what a stupid term in the context of political asylum,) we had tons come in during the USSR years, as well as all that could make it out during the Bosnia-Herzegovina War. There weren't any problems from the rightwingers then, were there? You didn't even fucking know that it happened.

Violence in South Africa was caused and carried out by the whites. You don't know anything about the Apartheid that went on there?

Post fail.

Forum List

Back