what are your picks for the nfl games?

Ya'll should just go ahead on and be soccor fans. It appears that the Seahawks are gonna be SB champs for 2-3 years running.

This is the NFL predictions and picks thread right? I pick US to win it all for the forseeable future.

I don't think you will win anything. The Seahawks will win, Seahawk fans will always be losers, that is just life.

I'm a soccer fan, a football fan, a baseball fan a basketball fan, a fan of many sports. I don't live or die with a 30 plus year loser.

Explains a lot.

I know, tough to imagine someone liking all sports and lots of teams. One dimensional fans really suck.

G.B....the more things change, the more they stay the same
Dallas... just cause oakland blows
Pitt...Flacko is over paid
Browns...cause florida teams can't play in the cold
Indi...titans can change their name, but a leopard can't change it's spots, they're still the oilers
bears..same ol, same ol
Jets...cold weather
Phil...ditto
Bucs...cause I want to see them piss on superman's cape
Pats...refs gonna try again?
Bills...cold
9ers..continue from mnf
chargers...maybe
giants...RG the thud
Seattle...wow!

...and I think the sunday nite game will be doncos vs. Chiefs...not giants/skins

G.B....the more things change, the more they stay the same
Dallas... just cause oakland blows
Pitt...Flacko is over paid
Browns...cause florida teams can't play in the cold
Indi...titans can change their name, but a leopard can't change it's spots, they're still the oilers
bears..same ol, same ol
Jets...cold weather
Phil...ditto
Bucs...cause I want to see them piss on superman's cape
Pats...refs gonna try again?
Bills...cold
9ers..continue from mnf
chargers...maybe
giants...RG the thud
Seattle...wow!

...and I think the sunday nite game will be doncos vs. Chiefs...not giants/skins

I just love this part of the season. I really do. This is when many teams including my Seahawks find out if that light at the end of the tunnel is daylight or a speeding train coming right at you to explode your hopes and dreams or a breakout into the clear sweet air of a gauranteed run into the playoffs.

My pick is the under(40 1/2 points) for the Ravens/Steelers game. If you have money to bet, put it there.

I don't know for sure who will win, it could very well be a tie. But we have two terrible teams(with no offensive firepower to speak of) playing in terrible weather. Expect a lot of turnovers, turnovers could decide this game. This could come down to a play by the defense or special teams. I think the Ravens have a better defense and will pull this out at home.

The first half of the season I was picking 75%, the last four weeks I'm struggling to be 50%. Most of the games I'm losing are from bad calls or they're coin flip games that can go either way.
Seattle over S.F.
N.O. over Carolina
Chico over the plowboys
Jags over the texasses
Pats over browns
Indi over Cinnci
Oakland over Jets
Ravens over the viks
Philly over lions
Pitt over the miami
T.B. over bills
K.C. over the foreskins
Denver over the oilers...er I mean Tenn
Rams over cards
Giants over S.D.
G.B. over atl

Last edited:
Jacksonville
KC
Baltimore
NE
Jets
Cincinnati
NO
Phily
Pittsburgh
TB
Denver
Arizona
Giants
Seattle
GB
Chicago

I am 126-65-1 for the season.....On Foxsports Pro Football Pick'em on 12th man , Straight up and 12th man Seattle which is based on the point spread I am in the top five in both.

The Niners are favored by 3 1/2. I just can't see it. 42-13.... 29-3 in the last two games is way to much to be accounted for by Seattle's home field advantage.

SF is very beatable at home anyway with Carolina and Indy spanking them in front of thier own fans.

N O beat the Niners.

I have heard that if Seattle wins it will be close.. blah...blah...blah...

That was the montra in both games from the pundits in the last two in Seattle.

Seattle barely broke a sweat Monday night crushing the Saints that were supposed to probably win also by said pundits.

Nonsense! Fiddlesticks!

Seahawks 31 Niners 20

Take the points ...Take the Seahawks ...Take the Over 40 ish points? Take it to the bank.

The Niners being favored is unexpected. They could certainly pull out a win, though.

Seattle is the best team in football at the moment, but these are two very closely matched teams that are both close to fully healthy. And don't forget, this game is more meaningful to the Niners in a lot of ways. Seattle has already clinched a playoff berth and all but locked up the division title. They are practically in as the #1 seed in the NFC. The Niners, on the other hand, are still fighting just to get in.

The Niners being favored is unexpected. They could certainly pull out a win, though.

Seattle is the best team in football at the moment, but these are two very closely matched teams that are both close to fully healthy. And don't forget, this game is more meaningful to the Niners in a lot of ways. Seattle has already clinched a playoff berth and all but locked up the division title. They are practically in as the #1 seed in the NFC. The Niners, on the other hand, are still fighting just to get in.

I've been listening to Seahawk players interviews on the radio today and to a man they dissagree with your premis that the game on Sunday means more to SF than Seattle.

There is no love lost in this matchup. Home fiels advantage is HUGE to Seattle and the sooner that is achieved the better.

Right now the Niners are working on a hope and a prayer that they even make the playoffs. That doesn't mean they are a bad team. But thier record proves that they are suspect of stumbling and even getting blown out.

Yes Seattle has shown to be the better team against SF maybe the best team in the NFL. What is clear to Seattle is that they have won 14 straight at home...many huge blowouts.

The right to meet all comers after a bye in the Clink gives the Seahawks EVERYTHING to play for. So ya maybe SF isn't THE game they have to win.. But it is one of two games they must win to sew it up.

The Seahawks will kick ass and take names untill they have secured HFA. It is unfortunate for SF and NY that they are the the next two Seahawk opponents.

I've been listening to Seahawk players interviews on the radio today and to a man they dissagree with your premis that the game on Sunday means more to SF than Seattle.

There is no love lost in this matchup. Home fiels advantage is HUGE to Seattle and the sooner that is achieved the better.

Right now the Niners are working on a hope and a prayer that they even make the playoffs. That doesn't mean they are a bad team. But thier record proves that they are suspect of stumbling and even getting blown out.

Yes Seattle has shown to be the better team against SF maybe the best team in the NFL. What is clear to Seattle is that they have won 14 straight at home...many huge blowouts.

The right to meet all comers after a bye in the Clink gives the Seahawks EVERYTHING to play for. So ya maybe SF isn't THE game they have to win.. But it is one of two games they must win to sew it up.

The Seahawks will kick ass and take names untill they have secured HFA. It is unfortunate for SF and NY that they are the the next two Seahawk opponents.

How often do you hear any professional athletes say anything other than that a game is important? :lol:

Of course the Seahawks will say how important the game is to them! Even if it were actually meaningless, if they had secured home field throughout and were playing a non-rival team, they would probably say the game was important!

The fact is, though, that even if the Seahawks lose this game, it almost surely won't affect their standings in the end. Now that they've beaten the Saints, and with the lead they have over the Niners and the game up on them, it would take a total collapse for them to end up as anything but the #1 seed.

I'm not saying the Hawks are looking past this game, or that it is anything but a rivalry game.....just that it is far more a 'must win' for SF than Seattle.

Texans @ Jaguars
Chiefs @ Redskins
Vikings @ Ravens
Browns @ Patriots
Raiders @ Jets
Colts @ Bengals
Panthers @ Saints
Lions @ Eagles
Dolphins @ Steelers
Bills @ Buccaneers
Titans @ Broncos
Rams @ Cardinals
Giants @ Chargers
Seahawks @ 49ers
Falcons @ Packers
Cowboys @ Bears

Went 12-4 week 13 and stand at 126-65-1 for the year.

How often do you hear any professional athletes say anything other than that a game is important? :lol:

Of course the Seahawks will say how important the game is to them! Even if it were actually meaningless, if they had secured home field throughout and were playing a non-rival team, they would probably say the game was important!

The fact is, though, that even if the Seahawks lose this game, it almost surely won't affect their standings in the end. Now that they've beaten the Saints, and with the lead they have over the Niners and the game up on them, it would take a total collapse for them to end up as anything but the #1 seed.

I'm not saying the Hawks are looking past this game, or that it is anything but a rivalry game.....just that it is far more a 'must win' for SF than Seattle.

I agree, its it more important for SF to win then Seattle because SF is fighting for their playoff lives and Seattle has already clinched a playoff spot.

I agree, its it more important for SF to win then Seattle because SF is fighting for their playoff lives and Seattle has already clinched a playoff spot.

Having one's back against the wall is a desperate situation. Eventually in a back against the wall confrontation the reality that you put yourself in this predicament sinks in.

If SF was playing a losing team with no chance of a playoff berth I could see them "playing like there is no tomorrow". They would have the "don't let this opportunity slip through our fingers" attitude. Having your back against the wall and the best team in the NFL staring you down they should just start saying the lords prayer and accept thier fate. :lol:

Home field almost always give home team at least three points, its a given. That means on a neutral field this game, going by betting people in Vegas is almost a dead heat. With that said, I think Seattle wins by at least seven or more in SF. But again if Seattle was favorite by lets say seven I might take the 49ers on the spread. But if Seattle was favorite by 6.5 than I would take Seattle because I think Seattle will win by no more than seven.

Now for reality sake this game will be a low scoring nail biter because both teams have very good defensive, but again Seattle in my opinion defense is slightly better because SF has hard time putting up points against good teams and SF running game is woeful. QB wise Seattle has the decided edge and that alone will Seattle will make the point spread.

Prediction: Seattle 21-17...See.... I make the spread and win.

The opening odds presented by the gambling folks for the Seattle SF game mystify me.

I can't figure out where they get the notion that SF has a 3.5 advantage. Based on what exactly?

SF is missing a couple of key players on thier O-Line. I know from watching the Hawks struggle in a couple of games how critical a dependable protection for the QB is.

Look how ferocious Seattle's defensive line played against the Saints.

Is Crabtree the difference? He is back for his second game. So what?

The Saints had a whole armada of talented recievers and arguably the best TE in the NFL and Seattle contained the great Drew Brees to 188 yards.

Sorry Chawlee No Can Do. Seattle has made the great Colin Kaepernick pee down his leg twice in a row. It will be embarrassing for him to urinate on himself in front of his home town fans but that's what will happen.... again just like it did twice up in Seattle.

Jacksonville
KC
Baltimore
NE
Jets
Cincinnati
NO
Phily
Pittsburgh
TB
Denver
Arizona
Giants
Seattle
GB
Chicago

I am 126-65-1 for the season.....On Foxsports Pro Football Pick'em on 12th man , Straight up and 12th man Seattle which is based on the point spread I am in the top five in both.
You got me by 6 games for the year. I have a chance to pick up three this week.

You mean here on USMB or Foxsports or both?
In the point spread site on Foxsports I am now in second place which in picking game by the spread is the hardest, IMO. Third in straight up points is not bad either.

The opening odds presented by the gambling folks for the Seattle SF game mystify me.

I can't figure out where they get the notion that SF has a 3.5 advantage. Based on what exactly?

SF is missing a couple of key players on thier O-Line. I know from watching the Hawks struggle in a couple of games how critical a dependable protection for the QB is.

Look how ferocious Seattle's defensive line played against the Saints.

Is Crabtree the difference? He is back for his second game. So what?

The Saints had a whole armada of talented recievers and arguably the best TE in the NFL and Seattle contained the great Drew Brees to 188 yards.

Sorry Chawlee No Can Do. Seattle has made the great Colin Kaepernick pee down his leg twice in a row. It will be embarrassing for him to urinate on himself in front of his home town fans but that's what will happen.... again just like it did twice up in Seattle.

As of this a.m., the spread is 2.5.

Forum List

Back