What are your thoughts on the NRA?

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

It matters because that is what you idiots want for the entire US (to start). I have a 100% clean record, why should the government get to decide, for completely arbitrary reasons, that I cannot exercise my 2nd amendment rights? And this isn't a judge doing it, its some NYPD pencil pusher.

Its a matter of trust, and we don't trust you or your ilk.

You may never have been arrested, but that means nothing. Most criminals are not killers, and all killers aren't criminal. Paradoxical but true.

And this worthless tidbit justifies violating my 2nd amendment rights in what way?

Honestly, your rights don't concern me, you only care about your rights and it's clear you have no empathy or compassion for others. But you're not alone, and this fact alone is what will eventually create the climate for real gun control, one which will be more restrictive than if the NRA and people like you were rational.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums it up perfectly. The liberals don't give a rat's ass about our rights or why we have them. They don't want guns so guns should be outlawed for everybody.

Without the second amendment we have no Constitution.

Straw Man Alert + irrational Conclusion.

It matters because that is what you idiots want for the entire US (to start). I have a 100% clean record, why should the government get to decide, for completely arbitrary reasons, that I cannot exercise my 2nd amendment rights? And this isn't a judge doing it, its some NYPD pencil pusher.

You may never have been arrested, but that means nothing. Most criminals are not killers, and all killers aren't criminal. Paradoxical but true.

And this worthless tidbit justifies violating my 2nd amendment rights in what way?

Honestly, your rights don't concern me, you only care about your rights and it's clear you have no empathy or compassion for others. But you're not alone, and this fact alone is what will eventually create the climate for real gun control, one which will be more restrictive than if the NRA and people like you were rational.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums it up perfectly. The liberals don't give a rat's ass about our rights or why we have them. They don't want guns so guns should be outlawed for everybody.

^^^
Irony of ironies.

Of course it is against the law

The NRA doesn't care about what tools are available to you to break the law.

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

Thank the NRA that you can still go to your local gun shop and buy one

It is the murderous act of killing the children that is wrong, not buying the firearm, Mr Silly.

Why should I be punished by restrictions to my freedoms when other people chose to do illegal things?

There are millions of AR 15s in the hands of American citizens that do not use them for any crime. In fact in relative terms they are very seldom used in crime. They are not the weapon of choice for the great majority of criminals.

Why should I lose my right to own an AR-15 for legal uses because some deranged shithead decides to use it in a crime? Where is the justice in that?

The greatest mass murder in American history was perpetrated using airplanes. Should we ban airplanes because some people used them for a crime?

The NRA protects my right of freedom and you despicable Libtards want to take those freedoms away.

Last edited:

The straw is between your ears. Without the 2nd you nanny staters can pass any laws you want. The world is full of examples.

You keep thinking confiscation is the only thing we have to worry about.

I can't get a CCW in NYC without the NYPD approving my "need" for one. THAT is the real problem, and that is why a group like the NRA is needed.

By all means we need to make sure every thug and mental patient can easily be armed, unless you have some better idea how to prevent that.

What the fuck are you talking about? Felons and mentally adjudicated people cannot get a CCW or even a home permit ANYWHERE.

I have a clean record, and no history of mental issues. But unless I prove to NYPD that I have a "need" for a CCW they can deny me out of hand.

How is stopping me from getting a CCW "just because" preventing thugs and mental patients from getting guns?

So you aren't opposed to common sense limits to who can get a gun, just that you have to be subject to the same rules.......Got it.

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" says anything about "common sense limits"?

If you are a government, preventing one or more people or groups of people from having the means to defend themselves might be common sense...but if you are a free citizen, not so much.

Blanket statements like that would allow prisoners to h
Sorry but you simply have it wrong. Stop making things up. It makes you look like a fool.

Ammo suppliers make their money selling as much ammo as they can.

The ammo shortages are caused by the people stocking up because they perceive the filthy government will cause shortages through restrictions or banning..

The perception is caused by the idiots in the filthy government taking about banning firearms and ammo and restricting the right to keep and bear arms, not the ammo suppliers.

This last month's run on .223 was not the result of an ammo manufacturer or the NRA. It was the fault of the ATF that put out a proposed rule that would ban about half of the .223 in the US.

If the filthy gun nuts didn't childishly hoard the ammo, there wouldn't be a shortage. The filthy idiots need to either get a clue or keep throwing their money away over self
You haven't answered my question.

I'm certainly not an expert in NY gun laws, and from what you have presented, I don't know what your particular problem might be. However, New York's laws, be they good or bad, in no way proves that reasonable gun regulation is not a good thing for our country. Bad laws? Fine, fix them, but allowing every reactionary idiot wit a gun to prance around our streets and malls waving their guns around in some sort of macho display is just stupid, and will get people killed. Don't say I'm exaggerating. I've seen them.

Still not answering the question.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

When will you figure out the simple fact that the only people who "should never own guns" are those who forfeit right through their actions...not what the could, might, maybe do someday if the wind is right and the moon is full.

If you want to piss away your freedom, go right ahead, but you shall not drag the rest of us down into your hovel of slavery.

When will you figure out that those who already forfeited their rights through their actions will not be prevented for getting guns if nobody checks to see who is buying guns.

Uh, dummy. The more goofy laws you pass, the bigger the black market becomes and the easier it is for criminals to get guns. You morons and your misguided attempts at preemptive control, despite the lessons of history, make it easier for criminals to get guns and harder for decent folk to defend themselves from the criminals you enable. YOU and your ilk are the problem, not the NRA.

It has been legal for private persons to buy and sell firearms for as long as this country has existed...it wasn't until the GCA of 68 that dealers were required to get licensed, take paperwork...and later do background checks. Any problems we have with guns being used illegally have only INCREASED since you and your ilk started passing wacky laws in a vain attempt to control what you cannot control...behavior.

The NRA serves a valuable purpose

Their mission is to ensure that gun owners have the right tools for the job. A gun is nothing more than a tool

Suppose you want to shoot up a classroom or a movie theater? You can't do the job right without a semiautomatic assault rifle with high capacity magazines....thank the NRA

Suppose you are confronted with cops wearing that pesky body armor? You need armor piercing rounds to do the job right.......thank the NRA

Suppose you are bat shit crazy with delusions of mass murder? You need unfettered access to the weapons of your choice.......thank the NRA

Wow, you really highlight your ignorance of the issue eloquently...but an eloquent idiot is still an idiot.

Why should I be punished by restrictions to my freedoms when other people chose to do illegal things?
Especially when those restrictions do nothing to prevent the crimes in question.

Why should I lose my right to own an AR-15 for legal uses because some deranged shithead decides to use on in a crime? Where is the justice in that?
There must be no opposition to the state; to this end, the state must have a monopoly on force.

So long as there is no gun registry scheme with the check I have no problem with it. Nor do most gun owners I know. The problem arises with that pesky registration BS.

Damn you are dense. There is no record kept of any potential background check. Didn't you listen to any of the discussion of this before?

Damn, you are an ass. The scheme that the Bloomberg people are pushing here in Nevada has a gun registry as part of the Bill.

The NRA an all their little minions are against universal background checks in any form.

That may be. But I'm not a member of the NRA so you being a member clearly know more about their position than I. My observation about gun registry is factual however. As are the opinions of the majority of gun owners that I know. And I know a hell of a lot of them!

I guess that makes two of us who know plenty of gun owners. I'm no longer a member myself. You know the NRA is the major gun advocate group, and they were the ones who killed universal background checks in any form in the past. If this reasonable check on gun sales is blocked again, we both know the NRA will be a large reason for that.

When ever you see someone continuously use the latest buzz phrases in their posts (reasonable blah blah) you can be sure that they are either a paid hack or just an idiot who can only repeat things their betters tell them to repeat. Which are you?

I wonder, why does a sane, sober and honest citizen care if s/he is required to register his or her firearms?

1. We don't need the government's permission to keep and bear arms. It is a Constitutional right and the government has no authority to require restrictions. It is in the Bill of Rights and it is an individual freedom the same as freedom of speech and freedom of religion. What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? .

2. We don't trust the government to act in a reasonable manner when it comes to registration. We don't trust a government that demands to know what firearms you own when owning those firearms is a Constitutional right..

3. Making law abiding citizens registered firearms will not stop one criminal from committing a crime but will put undue burdens on people that never will use the firearm in a crime.

4. It is none of the business of the government what firearms I own just like it is none of their business what books I read or what church I attend. You do understand the concept of freedom, don't you?

1. You do need the permission of the government to own fully automatic weapons and you cannot own RPG's, Anti tank weapons, shoulder fired missiles or nuclear bombs.

2. I'm so sorry you don't trust the government, maybe you need to go to a society which is ungoverned.

3. What burden do you imagine will result IF all of your "arms" are registered? I can think of a few: they might be taxed; they might be stolen or illegal; they might have been used to commit a crime. But really, if you don't want to pay the license fee, why have a license to hunt or drive?

4. Officers/deputies/agents responding to a domestic dispute would very much like to know if weapons are likely to be on the property; parents who allow their children to go to a neighbors home would too. But that aside, gun control doesn't require registration or confiscation or banning. It simply means talking about and debating on the issue itself, and seeking common ground and compromise.

Libs are insane. You used to be able to buy guns mail order from Sears or the corner hardware store, no checks at all. But liberals deteriorated society with moral decay so now they think guns are the problem?

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

It is the murderous act of killing the children that is wrong, not buying the firearm, Mr Silly.

There are millions of AR 15s in the hands of American citizens that do not use them for any crime. In fact in relative terms they are very seldom used in crime. They are not the weapon of choice for the great majority of criminals.

Why should I lose my right to own an AR-15 for legal uses because some deranged shithead decides to use on in a crime? Where is the justice in that?

The greatest mass murder in American history was perpetrated using airplanes. Should we ban airplanes because some people used them for a crime?

The NRA protects my right of freedom and you despicable Libtards want to take those freedoms away.

Very true

And once you decide to break the law and conduct a massacre, you might as well select the best gun to do the job

Thankfully, when you decide to kill first graders, the NRA is there to ensure you get the right gun for the job

Last edited:

Very true

And once you decide to break the law and conduct a massacre, you might as well select the best gun to do the job

Thankfully, when you decide to kill first graders, the NRA is there to ensure you get the right gun for thye job

No, but the government can be there in 10-15 minutes to stop it.

In most of these massacres they shooter COULD have had a muzzle loader, and used it as a club to bludgeon the victims to death.

Why should I lose my right to own an AR-15 for legal uses because some deranged shithead decides to use it in a crime? Where is the justice in that?

You should be able to have an AR-15. You really need to legally use an AR-15 in your daily life I'm sure.

You should be able to have an AR-15. You really need to legally use an AR-15 in your daily life I'm sure.

An AR-15 is the weapon of choice for those wanting to conduct a mass murder

Face it.....when you slaughter movie goers or small children, an AR-15 makes you look like a badass while you are doing it. When you go out in a blaze of glory, you might as well have the right weapon

Thank the NRA

bushmaster-ad1-600x450.jpg

1. You do need the permission of the government to own fully automatic weapons and you cannot own RPG's, Anti tank weapons, shoulder fired missiles or nuclear bombs.
These are "dangerous and unusual" weapons.
How is this relevant to common weapons owned for the traditionally lawful uses of a firearm?
2. I'm so sorry you don't trust the government, maybe you need to go to a society which is ungoverned.
You only trust the government because a Republican isn't President.
3. What burden do you imagine will result IF all of your "arms" are registered?
Registration is a restriction placed on the exercise of the right not inherent to same, creating an infringement.
Registration does nothing to prevent gun crime, and so this restriction serves no good purpose.
Thus, the burden; thus the reason any thinking person would oppose it.
But really, if you don't want to pay the license fee, why have a license to hunt or drive?
Apples/oranges. Hunting and driving are not rights protected by the constitution.
4. Officers/deputies/agents responding to a domestic dispute would very much like to know if weapons are likely to be on the property;
The state has no compelling interest served by knowing who has guns as said knowledge does nothing to prevent crime.

[

3. What burden do you imagine will result IF all of your "arms" are registered? I can think of a few: they might be taxed; they might be stolen or illegal; they might have been used to commit a crime. But really, if you don't want to pay the license fee, why have a license to hunt or drive?

4. Officers/deputies/agents responding to a domestic dispute would very much like to know if weapons are likely to be on the property; parents who allow their children to go to a neighbors home would too. But that aside, gun control doesn't require registration or confiscation or banning. It simply means talking about and debating on the issue itself, and seeking common ground and compromise.

The NFA laws have always been wrong. They should have been overturned in Miller but since Mr. Miller didn't show up for court he lost by default.

I see nothing wrong with owning any weapon. Most weapons beyond small arms are far too expensive for anybody except a billionaire to own. Besides, the manufacturer has to agree to sell you one. I don't think Lockheed Martin is going to sell you one of their F-35 and all the associated equipment to keep it airborne if you are Mexican drug dealer working out of South Central LA.

I think any registration is a burden and more importantly the process of registration is paramount to losing your freedom to keep and bear arms because then the government can say no. The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected freedom and the government should not have the authority to deny you that right. Registrations and background checks are the government giving you permission and that is a violation of "shall not be infringed".

Since you don't understand that the right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally guaranteed freedom you will always have a difficult time understanding that point.

If it was up to the police nobody would be allowed to have a firearm because then they would be safer. Too bad because the freedom to own a firearm is protected under the Constitution so they will just have to deal with it when they respond to a call. It is no business of the police what firearms I own as long as I use them in a lawful manner.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back