What are your thoughts on the NRA?

[

So you are willing to let obviously dangerous people have guns until all the things you see as a problem are worked out? That's pretty stupid.

A dangerous person that wants to use a firearm for an illegal purpose is going to do it regardless of the laws. All gun laws do is make it difficult for the law abiding citizen to enjoy their Constitutional rights.

Gun laws do very little to stop gun crimes. We see it every day in Chicago and other places where they have stringent gun laws and high gun crime. It is stupid to not understand that.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional right and is the highest law in the land. You Libtards don't understand or appreciate why the right was establish and so therefore you are not capable of coming to a reasonable compromise on gun control.

For instance, the SAFE Act was passed in NY and it was sold as "reasonable" but yet a veteran had his firearms taken away because he saw a doctor when he was suffering from insomnia. How stupid is that? Another veteran in the same state was arrested and charged with violating the SAFE Act a few days after the Act was passed because he had two unloaded 30 round AR -15 magazines in the trunk of his car. How stupid is that?

Don't tell me that Libtards are capable of being reasonable when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms.

Still not answering the question.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

It matters because that is what you idiots want for the entire US (to start). I have a 100% clean record, why should the government get to decide, for completely arbitrary reasons, that I cannot exercise my 2nd amendment rights? And this isn't a judge doing it, its some NYPD pencil pusher.

Its a matter of trust, and we don't trust you or your ilk.

You may never have been arrested, but that means nothing. Most criminals are not killers, and all killers aren't criminal. Paradoxical but true.

And this worthless tidbit justifies violating my 2nd amendment rights in what way?

Honestly, your rights don't concern me, you only care about your rights and it's clear you have no empathy or compassion for others. But you're not alone, and this fact alone is what will eventually create the climate for real gun control, one which will be more restrictive than if the NRA and people like you were rational.

I care deeply about innocent, law abiding people...and I know that each year, on average, 1.6 million law abiding, honest, innocent people use guns to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.........I care about those 1.6 million people, and I don't want to turn them into victims of violent monsters....you obviously do......

And gun owners are the rational ones....if criminals are caught with guns.....lock them the fuck up....for a long fucking time...........

You guys are the ones who want Tom Cruise "Minority Report" pre crime...where you try to predict crime and stop it before it ever happens....and you don't have 3 precog psychics floating in a pool to do it with.....

Who is less rational?

#1 universal background checks. No, it won't stop all crooks from buying a gun, but I believe most gun owners are honorable, and wouldn't sell to someone who can't pass a background check, but if they aren't required, nobody ever knows.

So long as there is no gun registry scheme with the check I have no problem with it. Nor do most gun owners I know. The problem arises with that pesky registration BS.

Damn you are dense. There is no record kept of any potential background check. Didn't you listen to any of the discussion of this before?

Damn, you are an ass. The scheme that the Bloomberg people are pushing here in Nevada has a gun registry as part of the Bill.

The NRA an all their little minions are against universal background checks in any form.

Because they are pointless and stupid.....current background checks have not stopped the 8-9,000 gun murders each year, nor any of the mass shootings that have happened...the criminals get their guns by stealing them or having family or friends, who can pass background checks by the guns......and mass shooters in the past.....have passed multiple background checks before they went on their shooting sprees.....

Universal background checks will require registering firearms in order to track where they are going....and that is simply the first step that the anti gunners need when they get the power to ban or confiscate guns.....

Universal background checks are just another anti gun nut lie.......

Not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment.....

Slippery Slope logical fallacy ^^^.

I wonder, why does a sane, sober and honest citizen care if s/he is required to register his or her firearms?

There comes a time when rights must be compromised for the common good. I know that shocks the gun lovers, and those with communicable disease, but like zoning laws cooperation is a requirement when one lives in a society that offers a high quality of life along with freedom and security.

Honestly, your rights don't concern me, .

Bingo!

Spoken like a true card carrying Liberal. Don't give a shit about Constitutional rights.

Thanks for making that clear. Now you know why we think you Liberals are so dangerous to this country.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

It matters because that is what you idiots want for the entire US (to start). I have a 100% clean record, why should the government get to decide, for completely arbitrary reasons, that I cannot exercise my 2nd amendment rights? And this isn't a judge doing it, its some NYPD pencil pusher.

You may never have been arrested, but that means nothing. Most criminals are not killers, and all killers aren't criminal. Paradoxical but true.

And this worthless tidbit justifies violating my 2nd amendment rights in what way?

Honestly, your rights don't concern me, you only care about your rights and it's clear you have no empathy or compassion for others. But you're not alone, and this fact alone is what will eventually create the climate for real gun control, one which will be more restrictive than if the NRA and people like you were rational.

Kindly go fuck yourself with a rusty, AIDS infested tire iron.

Not caring about other's rights is the hallmark of the Fascist twat.

A brief look at this ^^^ post is clear and convincing evidence of the truth of my statement.

So long as there is no gun registry scheme with the check I have no problem with it. Nor do most gun owners I know. The problem arises with that pesky registration BS.

Damn you are dense. There is no record kept of any potential background check. Didn't you listen to any of the discussion of this before?

Damn, you are an ass. The scheme that the Bloomberg people are pushing here in Nevada has a gun registry as part of the Bill.

The NRA an all their little minions are against universal background checks in any form.

Because they are pointless and stupid.....current background checks have not stopped the 8-9,000 gun murders each year, nor any of the mass shootings that have happened...the criminals get their guns by stealing them or having family or friends, who can pass background checks by the guns......and mass shooters in the past.....have passed multiple background checks before they went on their shooting sprees.....

Universal background checks will require registering firearms in order to track where they are going....and that is simply the first step that the anti gunners need when they get the power to ban or confiscate guns.....

Universal background checks are just another anti gun nut lie.......

Not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment.....

I wonder, why does a sane, sober and honest citizen care if s/he is required to register his or her firearms?

There comes a time when rights must be compromised for the common good. I know that shocks the gun lovers, and those with communicable disease, but like zoning laws cooperation is a requirement when one lives in a society that offers a high quality of life along with freedom and security.

They care because they understand actual history, actual things that have been done after guns have actually been registered....in Australia, in Germany in the 1920s, in Britain...and everywhere else guns have been registered.....

And disarming innocent, law abiding, good people is evil.....it lets them be victims of common criminals and one day to a murderous, or unconcerned government like you have in Mexico, Rwanda, Detroit, or any of the gun control countries with gun murder rates that dwarf ours...............

Germans had a high quality of life and security...the German Jews, and other minorities....not so much...dittos the Kulaks in Russia, or the Chinese peasants....

Does history just not exist for you anti gun nuts....?

[

So you are willing to let obviously dangerous people have guns until all the things you see as a problem are worked out? That's pretty stupid.

A dangerous person that wants to use a firearm for an illegal purpose is going to do it regardless of the laws. All gun laws do is make it difficult for the law abiding citizen to enjoy their Constitutional rights.

Gun laws do very little to stop gun crimes. We see it every day in Chicago and other places where they have stringent gun laws and high gun crime. It is stupid to not understand that.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional right and is the highest law in the land. You Libtards don't understand or appreciate why the right was establish and so therefore you are not capable of coming to a reasonable compromise on gun control.

For instance, the SAFE Act was passed in NY and it was sold as "reasonable" but yet a veteran had his firearms taken away because he saw a doctor when he was suffering from insomnia. How stupid is that? Another veteran in the same state was arrested and charged with violating the SAFE Act a few days after the Act was passed because he had two unloaded 30 round AR -15 magazines in the trunk of his car. How stupid is that?

Don't tell me that Libtards are capable of being reasonable when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms.

Not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment to the anti gun nuts........they have gone too far already.......

Kindly go fuck yourself with a rusty, AIDS infested tire iron.

Not caring about other's rights is the hallmark of the Fascist twat.

A brief look at this ^^^ post is clear and convincing evidence of the truth of my statement.

Passionate defense of ones rights is not a sin, its a virtue.

Did I hurt your widdle feewings?

Okay, I'll play...what do you consider commone sense gun laws.........?

#1 universal background checks. No, it won't stop all crooks from buying a gun, but I believe most gun owners are honorable, and wouldn't sell to someone who can't pass a background check, but if they aren't required, nobody ever knows.

You do know the NRA supported the current federal background check system...right?

The NRA serves a valuable purpose

Their mission is to ensure that gun owners have the right tools for the job. A gun is nothing more than a tool

Suppose you want to shoot up a classroom or a movie theater? You can't do the job right without a semiautomatic assault rifle with high capacity magazines....thank the NRA

Suppose you are confronted with cops wearing that pesky body armor? You need armor piercing rounds to do the job right.......thank the NRA

Suppose you are bat shit crazy with delusions of mass murder? You need unfettered access to the weapons of your choice.......thank the NRA

You do know that all of those activities are against current gun laws as created by past anti gun nuts........and yet you are still bitching about them....and it is against current law to shoot up a classroom or theater,

It is against the law to shoot police officers....

It is against the law to buy a gun if you are a nut......

And yet...you anti gun nuts still aren't happy...........

Still not answering the question.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums it up perfectly. The liberals don't give a rat's ass about our rights or why we have them. They don't want guns so guns should be outlawed for everybody.

Without the second amendment we have no Constitution.

As if there isn't a fallacy in arguing that you don't care about restrictions on rights that you don't approve of.

I have no problem with the Second Amendment, per se. I do object to the NRA and people like you who believe the right to own "arms" should be unrestricted and that any restriction whatsoever will lead to the confiscation of all "arms".

Given the amount of gun violence in the United States, vis a vis other Western Democracies, the position of the NRA is untenable - only the money they raise and use to influence our lawmakers prevents a rational/national debate on how best to mitigate the harm done by guns.

That debate will never happen, since men and women of good will who want to make the Second Amendment work for ALL Citizens can never be elected or reelected as long as money and not reason decide elections.

Not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment....anti gun nuts are irrational, and there is no "common sense" gun law they will support that doesn't eventually lead to banning guns or outright confiscating them.........

As if there isn't a fallacy in arguing that you don't care about restrictions on rights that you don't approve of.

I have no problem with the Second Amendment, per se. I do object to the NRA and people like you who believe the right to own "arms" should be unrestricted and that any restriction whatsoever will lead to the confiscation of all "arms".

Given the amount of gun violence in the United States, vis a vis other Western Democracies, the position of the NRA is untenable - only the money they raise and use to influence our lawmakers prevents a rational/national debate on how best to mitigate the harm done by guns.

That debate will never happen, since men and women of good will who want to make the Second Amendment work for ALL Citizens can never be elected or reelected as long as money and not reason decide elections.

We believe in restrictions.....violent criminals should not have guns, and if they are caught carrying, owning or using them, they should be arrested. Violently mentally ill individuals should not have guns......but that does not include people with insomnia, who sought counseling after the death of a loved one........or any other case that the anti gun nuts will use to keep normal, law abiding people from owning guns, simply because they can use the mentally ill provision to get more people banned from using guns.....

We know how you think and what you want.....no more playing around with you nuts......

And the U.S. is only violent because of violent gangs in democrat controlled states and cities.........get rid of those states and cities from the stats, and we are less violent than Europe......

The NRA serves a valuable purpose

Their mission is to ensure that gun owners have the right tools for the job. A gun is nothing more than a tool

Suppose you want to shoot up a classroom or a movie theater? You can't do the job right without a semiautomatic assault rifle with high capacity magazines....thank the NRA

Suppose you are confronted with cops wearing that pesky body armor? You need armor piercing rounds to do the job right.......thank the NRA

Suppose you are bat shit crazy with delusions of mass murder? You need unfettered access to the weapons of your choice.......thank the NRA

You do know that all of those activities are against current gun laws as created by past anti gun nuts........and yet you are still bitching about them....and it is against current law to shoot up a classroom or theater,

It is against the law to shoot police officers....

It is against the law to buy a gun if you are a nut......

And yet...you anti gun nuts still aren't happy...........

Of course it is against the law

The NRA doesn't care about what tools are available to you to break the law.

Now, suppose you want to shoot up a classroom full of first graders. Everyone knows it is against the law. The guy doing it will probably kill himself anyway so the law does not matter to him

So, whats the best weapon to use for slaughtering first graders? You wouldn't want a single shot muzzle loader...too inefficient
The best weapon for slaughtering first graders is one of those semi-automatic (you can alter it to go full auto) assault rifles (gotta look cool while you mow down first graders) with a 35-50 round magazine

Thank the NRA that you can still go to your local gun shop and buy one

1. We don't need the government's permission to keep and bear arms. It is a Constitutional right and the government has no authority to require restrictions. It is in the Bill of Rights and it is an individual freedom the same as freedom of speech and freedom of religion. What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? .

2. We don't trust the government to act in a reasonable manner when it comes to registration. We don't trust a government that demands to know what firearms you own when owning those firearms is a Constitutional right..

3. Making law abiding citizens registered firearms will not stop one criminal from committing a crime but will put undue burdens on people that never will use the firearm in a crime.

4. It is none of the business of the government what firearms I own just like it is none of their business what books I read or what church I attend. You do understand the concept of freedom, don't you?

Forum List

Back