What are your thoughts on the NRA?

Damn you are dense. There is no record kept of any potential background check. Didn't you listen to any of the discussion of this before?

Damn, you are an ass. The scheme that the Bloomberg people are pushing here in Nevada has a gun registry as part of the Bill.

The NRA an all their little minions are against universal background checks in any form.

Because they are pointless and stupid.....current background checks have not stopped the 8-9,000 gun murders each year, nor any of the mass shootings that have happened...the criminals get their guns by stealing them or having family or friends, who can pass background checks by the guns......and mass shooters in the past.....have passed multiple background checks before they went on their shooting sprees.....

Universal background checks will require registering firearms in order to track where they are going....and that is simply the first step that the anti gunners need when they get the power to ban or confiscate guns.....

Universal background checks are just another anti gun nut lie.......

Not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment.....

Slippery Slope logical fallacy ^^^.

I wonder, why does a sane, sober and honest citizen care if s/he is required to register his or her firearms?

There comes a time when rights must be compromised for the common good. I know that shocks the gun lovers, and those with communicable disease, but like zoning laws cooperation is a requirement when one lives in a society that offers a high quality of life along with freedom and security.

They care because they understand actual history, actual things that have been done after guns have actually been registered....in Australia, in Germany in the 1920s, in Britain...and everywhere else guns have been registered.....

And disarming innocent, law abiding, good people is evil.....it lets them be victims of common criminals and one day to a murderous, or unconcerned government like you have in Mexico, Rwanda, Detroit, or any of the gun control countries with gun murder rates that dwarf ours...............

Germans had a high quality of life and security...the German Jews, and other minorities....not so much...dittos the Kulaks in Russia, or the Chinese peasants....

Does history just not exist for you anti gun nuts....?

This is the United States, not Germany, Austria or GB. Every two years we change our government, sometimes radically, sometimes not; the 4th Amendment would need to be repealed or ignored as well as the Second, and the simple fact is there are insufficient resources to search every home, car or secret cache in America.

Ammo manufacturers take advantage of perceived shortages the same way that oil companies boost their prices every time there is an incident at any one of the refineries. Johnny Carson made a joke about a toilet paper shortage, and crazy people started hoarding toilet paper and caused a shortage. Same thing with crazy gun nuts hoarding shells.
You don't even know what the NRA's original goal was. You've been played by the gun manufacturers like the excitable rube that you are.

Sorry but you simply have it wrong. Stop making things up. It makes you look like a fool.

Ammo suppliers make their money selling as much ammo as they can.

The ammo shortages are caused by the people stocking up because they perceive the filthy government will cause shortages through restrictions or banning..

The perception is caused by the idiots in the filthy government taking about banning firearms and ammo and restricting the right to keep and bear arms, not the ammo suppliers.

This last month's run on .223 was not the result of an ammo manufacturer or the NRA. It was the fault of the ATF that put out a proposed rule that would ban about half of the .223 in the US.

If the filthy gun nuts didn't childishly hoard the ammo, there wouldn't be a shortage. The filthy idiots need to either get a clue or keep throwing their money away over self
So you aren't opposed to common sense limits to who can get a gun, just that you have to be subject to the same rules.......Got it.

You haven't answered my question.

I'm certainly not an expert in NY gun laws, and from what you have presented, I don't know what your particular problem might be. However, New York's laws, be they good or bad, in no way proves that reasonable gun regulation is not a good thing for our country. Bad laws? Fine, fix them, but allowing every reactionary idiot wit a gun to prance around our streets and malls waving their guns around in some sort of macho display is just stupid, and will get people killed. Don't say I'm exaggerating. I've seen them.

Still not answering the question.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

It matters because that is what you idiots want for the entire US (to start). I have a 100% clean record, why should the government get to decide, for completely arbitrary reasons, that I cannot exercise my 2nd amendment rights? And this isn't a judge doing it, its some NYPD pencil pusher.

Its a matter of trust, and we don't trust you or your ilk.

That's understandable. Anyone who wears a tinfoil hat and hides when they think they see a black helicopter is expected to have trust issues.

Sorry but you simply have it wrong. Stop making things up. It makes you look like a fool.

Ammo suppliers make their money selling as much ammo as they can.

The ammo shortages are caused by the people stocking up because they perceive the filthy government will cause shortages through restrictions or banning..

The perception is caused by the idiots in the filthy government taking about banning firearms and ammo and restricting the right to keep and bear arms, not the ammo suppliers.

This last month's run on .223 was not the result of an ammo manufacturer or the NRA. It was the fault of the ATF that put out a proposed rule that would ban about half of the .223 in the US.

If the filthy gun nuts didn't childishly hoard the ammo, there wouldn't be a shortage. The filthy idiots need to either get a clue or keep throwing their money away over self
You haven't answered my question.

I'm certainly not an expert in NY gun laws, and from what you have presented, I don't know what your particular problem might be. However, New York's laws, be they good or bad, in no way proves that reasonable gun regulation is not a good thing for our country. Bad laws? Fine, fix them, but allowing every reactionary idiot wit a gun to prance around our streets and malls waving their guns around in some sort of macho display is just stupid, and will get people killed. Don't say I'm exaggerating. I've seen them.

If you can't figure out that restrictions are an effort to limit gun ownership by people who should never own guns, you have a problem I can't help. I don't know anything about NY gun laws, or your particular situation, and it seems childish for you to oppose all gun regulation on the basis of that one situation. For all I know, you could be right as far as your individual disagreement with NY. That still doesn't matter when you are talking about common sense regulation across the country.

It matters because that is what you idiots want for the entire US (to start). I have a 100% clean record, why should the government get to decide, for completely arbitrary reasons, that I cannot exercise my 2nd amendment rights? And this isn't a judge doing it, its some NYPD pencil pusher.

That's understandable. Anyone who wears a tinfoil hat and hides when they think they see a black helicopter is expected to have trust issues.

LOL. you go with conspiracy accusations, when there is clear evidence my rights are being violated by the City of New York.

#1 universal background checks. No, it won't stop all crooks from buying a gun, but I believe most gun owners are honorable, and wouldn't sell to someone who can't pass a background check, but if they aren't required, nobody ever knows.

So long as there is no gun registry scheme with the check I have no problem with it. Nor do most gun owners I know. The problem arises with that pesky registration BS.

Damn you are dense. There is no record kept of any potential background check. Didn't you listen to any of the discussion of this before?

Damn, you are an ass. The scheme that the Bloomberg people are pushing here in Nevada has a gun registry as part of the Bill.

The NRA an all their little minions are against universal background checks in any form.

Because they are pointless and stupid.....current background checks have not stopped the 8-9,000 gun murders each year, nor any of the mass shootings that have happened...the criminals get their guns by stealing them or having family or friends, who can pass background checks by the guns......and mass shooters in the past.....have passed multiple background checks before they went on their shooting sprees.....

Universal background checks will require registering firearms in order to track where they are going....and that is simply the first step that the anti gunners need when they get the power to ban or confiscate guns.....

Nearly 1.3 million people die in car crashes every year. Because our traffic laws don't prevent every death, does that mean you oppose all traffic laws? Using your logic, you should.
Why are right wingers so traitorous till they are stockpiling for a civil war? If you don't love our country then leave.

So long as there is no gun registry scheme with the check I have no problem with it. Nor do most gun owners I know. The problem arises with that pesky registration BS.

Nearly 1.3 million people die in car crashes every year. Because our traffic laws don't prevent every death, does that mean you oppose all traffic laws? Using your logic, you should.
Why are right wingers so traitorous till they are stockpiling for a civil war? If you don't love our country then leave.

Nice try. Traffic laws only apply when you do something WRONG with your car on a public street. The gun laws your ilk proposes punishes people BEFORE they do something wrong. That is prior restraint, and that is what makes a lot of these gun laws unconstitutional.

[

So you are willing to let obviously dangerous people have guns until all the things you see as a problem are worked out? That's pretty stupid.

A dangerous person that wants to use a firearm for an illegal purpose is going to do it regardless of the laws. All gun laws do is make it difficult for the law abiding citizen to enjoy their Constitutional rights.

Gun laws do very little to stop gun crimes. We see it every day in Chicago and other places where they have stringent gun laws and high gun crime. It is stupid to not understand that.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional right and is the highest law in the land. You Libtards don't understand or appreciate why the right was establish and so therefore you are not capable of coming to a reasonable compromise on gun control.

For instance, the SAFE Act was passed in NY and it was sold as "reasonable" but yet a veteran had his firearms taken away because he saw a doctor when he was suffering from insomnia. How stupid is that? Another veteran in the same state was arrested and charged with violating the SAFE Act a few days after the Act was passed because he had two unloaded 30 round AR -15 magazines in the trunk of his car. How stupid is that?

Don't tell me that Libtards are capable of being reasonable when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms.

Not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment to the anti gun nuts........they have gone too far already.......

You should wear a towel over your shoulders as a Superman Cape when you make those childish dramatic statements. It would be more in line with your childish thinking,

I was a member for decades. Quit when their focus was shifted from safe enjoyable use of guns to anything it takes to sell more guns. Even the most adamant gun enthusiast knows there are some people who should never have a gun. The NRA fights every effort to protect the public from crazies with guns. I would hope that some day I can rejoin, but that doesn't look like it will be any time soon.
Just like any other association that represents a particular constituency or interest group, eventually politics and of course money creeps into the organization. They then become advocacy groups. Somewhere down the road, the aspect of politics and money takes over. At that point these groups often take a political stand that becomes inflexible and eschews common sense.

Odd that they were able to avoid that for so long, and only changed as the right wing became so radicalized. It's a shame.
No. They changed when left wing loonies became more and more militant about gun restrictions. When a faction of nutjobs are hell bent on removing a specific freedom that one advocates, then its time to step up and stop them. Any way necessary.

Okay, I'll play...what do you consider commone sense gun laws.........?

#1 universal background checks. No, it won't stop all crooks from buying a gun, but I believe most gun owners are honorable, and wouldn't sell to someone who can't pass a background check, but if they aren't required, nobody ever knows.

You already have that..........if you believe, as I do, that gun owners are honorable and won't sell to someone who can't pass a background check......then you already have that....you can't sell to a felon...by law....a felon can't buy or carry a gun....by law........and if you want a background check because you are a citizen...you can already get them....

So your #1 common sense gun law is already here and functioning.....you know that.....right? You can't sell to a felon, and if you don't know, you can have a gun store check them already.............so your issue is already taken care of......right?

If you are selling a gun, and no background check is required, all you have is what the purchaser says about his background to go by, if you even bother to ask. Most sellers will follow the law if checks are required, but they wont take it upon themselves to go to the gun store and insist on a background check.

You can drive your car all you want without obeying any traffic laws or getting a license, providing you are not on public streets.

Public streets are paid for by pubic funds and therefore subject to public traffic laws and a license requirement. That is not the same as the right to keep and bear arms. Apples and oranges.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutionally protected right that has no qualifications or licensing requirements to it. In fact it was created because it is "necessary to the security of a free state". It says so right there in the Bill of Rights.

The Secondment Amendment is the only license I need to keep and bear arms and it doesn't say a damn thing about registration, background checks, assault weapon bans or restrictions on the size of magazines. Nothing about restricting handguns or having to get a concealed weapons permit. In fact the only thing it really says is that my right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That is pretty straightforward, isn't it? However, I am always amazed at how such a simple statement is always beyond the ability of a Moon Bat to understand.

[

So you are willing to let obviously dangerous people have guns until all the things you see as a problem are worked out? That's pretty stupid.

A dangerous person that wants to use a firearm for an illegal purpose is going to do it regardless of the laws. All gun laws do is make it difficult for the law abiding citizen to enjoy their Constitutional rights.

Gun laws do very little to stop gun crimes. We see it every day in Chicago and other places where they have stringent gun laws and high gun crime. It is stupid to not understand that.

The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional right and is the highest law in the land. You Libtards don't understand or appreciate why the right was establish and so therefore you are not capable of coming to a reasonable compromise on gun control.

For instance, the SAFE Act was passed in NY and it was sold as "reasonable" but yet a veteran had his firearms taken away because he saw a doctor when he was suffering from insomnia. How stupid is that? Another veteran in the same state was arrested and charged with violating the SAFE Act a few days after the Act was passed because he had two unloaded 30 round AR -15 magazines in the trunk of his car. How stupid is that?

Don't tell me that Libtards are capable of being reasonable when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms.

You can find individual instances where any law is misapplied. That doesn't make every law wrong. As far as the 30 round magazines, they were still perfectly legal with the right permit. He didn't bother to follow the law.

You do know the NRA supported the current federal background check system...right?

That was before they became a marketing tool for gun manufacturers.

I belong to 3 or 4 organizations, where I can spend time with like minded people. Paranoid people who live in perpetual fear of damn near everybody and everything also need such an organization. It validates their fears. They call it the NRA. How else are they going to keep abreast of the latest plot against them?

The NRA serves a valuable purpose

Their mission is to ensure that gun owners have the right tools for the job. A gun is nothing more than a tool

Suppose you want to shoot up a classroom or a movie theater? You can't do the job right without a semiautomatic assault rifle with high capacity magazines....thank the NRA

Suppose you are confronted with cops wearing that pesky body armor? You need armor piercing rounds to do the job right.......thank the NRA

Suppose you are bat shit crazy with delusions of mass murder? You need unfettered access to the weapons of your choice.......thank the NRA

Wow, you really highlight your ignorance of the issue eloquently...but an eloquent idiot is still an idiot.

Now, what if those voices in my head are telling me I must kill to appease satan?

Who is going to stand up for my rights to buy the weapon of my choice no questions asked?

thank the NRA

By all means we need to make sure every thug and mental patient can easily be armed, unless you have some better idea how to prevent that.

What the fuck are you talking about? Felons and mentally adjudicated people cannot get a CCW or even a home permit ANYWHERE.

I have a clean record, and no history of mental issues. But unless I prove to NYPD that I have a "need" for a CCW they can deny me out of hand.

How is stopping me from getting a CCW "just because" preventing thugs and mental patients from getting guns?

So you aren't opposed to common sense limits to who can get a gun, just that you have to be subject to the same rules.......Got it.

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" says anything about "common sense limits"?

If you are a government, preventing one or more people or groups of people from having the means to defend themselves might be common sense...but if you are a free citizen, not so much.

Blanket statements like that would allow prisoners to h

When will you figure out the simple fact that the only people who "should never own guns" are those who forfeit right through their actions...not what the could, might, maybe do someday if the wind is right and the moon is full.

If you want to piss away your freedom, go right ahead, but you shall not drag the rest of us down into your hovel of slavery.

When will you figure out that those who already forfeited their rights through their actions will not be prevented for getting guns if nobody checks to see who is buying guns.

Uh, dummy. The more goofy laws you pass, the bigger the black market becomes and the easier it is for criminals to get guns. You morons and your misguided attempts at preemptive control, despite the lessons of history, make it easier for criminals to get guns and harder for decent folk to defend themselves from the criminals you enable. YOU and your ilk are the problem, not the NRA.

It has been legal for private persons to buy and sell firearms for as long as this country has existed...it wasn't until the GCA of 68 that dealers were required to get licensed, take paperwork...and later do background checks. Any problems we have with guns being used illegally have only INCREASED since you and your ilk started passing wacky laws in a vain attempt to control what you cannot control...behavior.

OK, using your logic, Heroin is documented to have been used since 1000 years before Christ. and wasn't banned in the US until 1924. Any problems we have had with heroin have only increased since then. See how silly that sounds?

[

You can find individual instances where any law is misapplied. That doesn't make every law wrong. As far as the 30 round magazines, they were still perfectly legal with the right permit. He didn't bother to follow the law.

Permits, license, background checks etc is the bueracratic process of the government giving you permission to enjoy a right that is guaranteed to all Americans under the Bill of Rights (that shall not be infringed) and what the government can give it can abuse and take away.

There are many examples of the government abusing the right to keep and bear arms with what was sold to the Useful Idiots as "reasonable" laws. . I listed several of them in another thread and if you are confused about them I will gladly repost the examples.

The governments of Chicago and DC both thought it was reasonable that no citizen could have a handgun, even in their own home, until Heller and McDonald fixed that. Nowadays both cities are doing everything they can to circumvent the court decision so don't tell me Libtards are reasonable when it comes to gun control laws..

[

The problem is defining "people who should never own guns".

If the Libtards were reasonable then we could probably agree on a reasonable law restricting convicted violent felons and people in insane asylums. However, as we have found out the Libtards are not reasonable. For instance, in California the bureaucrats think it is unreasonable for a law abiding person to own a standard AR-15. That is as unreasonable as it comes.

A couple of months ago in NY a veteran had his firearms taken away from him because under NY's SAFE Act it was found reasonable to take his firearms because he told a doctor he had insomnia.

Prior to the Heller and McDonald cases DC and Chicago felt it was reasonable to prevent someone from having a handgun.

The list goes on and on.

When the Libtards pull their heads out of their asses then we can talk about what reasonable really means but in the meantime they are not capable of being reasonable.

I don't want the government telling me how to comply with my Constitutional rights. I don't want to get permission from the filthy ass government before being allowed to enjoy my Constitutional rights. What part of those statements do you not understand?

Progressives let obviously dangerous people out of prison all the time. Here you have people who have been CONVICTED of violent crimes, and you all fight to let them out. Why is that?

Because we are not China or Russia or a dozen other countries who have kangaroo courts and whose citizens suffer under regimes of cruel and callous conservatives.

No, we're not. However in OUR courts, and with our system of justice we have CONVICTED tens of thousands of violent criminals and you progressives fight tooth and nail to get them released. Why? You are more worried about honest citizens owning guns for defense than you are for ALREADY PROVEN VIOLENT OPERATORS! Your arguments are moronic given that history.

You may never have been arrested, but that means nothing. Most criminals are not killers, and all killers aren't criminal. Paradoxical but true.

And this worthless tidbit justifies violating my 2nd amendment rights in what way?

Honestly, your rights don't concern me, you only care about your rights and it's clear you have no empathy or compassion for others. But you're not alone, and this fact alone is what will eventually create the climate for real gun control, one which will be more restrictive than if the NRA and people like you were rational.

Typical fascist response. Totally unsurprising given the writer.

That may be. But I'm not a member of the NRA so you being a member clearly know more about their position than I. My observation about gun registry is factual however. As are the opinions of the majority of gun owners that I know. And I know a hell of a lot of them!

I guess that makes two of us who know plenty of gun owners. I'm no longer a member myself. You know the NRA is the major gun advocate group, and they were the ones who killed universal background checks in any form in the past. If this reasonable check on gun sales is blocked again, we both know the NRA will be a large reason for that.

When ever you see someone continuously use the latest buzz phrases in their posts (reasonable blah blah) you can be sure that they are either a paid hack or just an idiot who can only repeat things their betters tell them to repeat. Which are you?

Not surprising that you would have such a limited view. You are a perfect candidate for the right wing "They're coming for your guns, Vote republican" ploy. A more intelligent person would never fall for that silliness.

Slippery Slope logical fallacy ^^^.

I wonder, why does a sane, sober and honest citizen care if s/he is required to register his or her firearms?

There comes a time when rights must be compromised for the common good. I know that shocks the gun lovers, and those with communicable disease, but like zoning laws cooperation is a requirement when one lives in a society that offers a high quality of life along with freedom and security.

They care because they understand actual history, actual things that have been done after guns have actually been registered....in Australia, in Germany in the 1920s, in Britain...and everywhere else guns have been registered.....

And disarming innocent, law abiding, good people is evil.....it lets them be victims of common criminals and one day to a murderous, or unconcerned government like you have in Mexico, Rwanda, Detroit, or any of the gun control countries with gun murder rates that dwarf ours...............

Germans had a high quality of life and security...the German Jews, and other minorities....not so much...dittos the Kulaks in Russia, or the Chinese peasants....

Does history just not exist for you anti gun nuts....?

This is the United States, not Germany, Austria or GB. Every two years we change our government, sometimes radically, sometimes not; the 4th Amendment would need to be repealed or ignored as well as the Second, and the simple fact is there are insufficient resources to search every home, car or secret cache in America.

To say nothing of the fact that the whole idea of gun confiscation as a preparation for some sort of complete country/government takeover is just crazy.

Forum List

Back