What can you make out of cucumbers?

I eat a lot of them just out-of-hand. They're great in the morning when you don't want something heavy. I also like to eat them when recovering from an illness. If grapefruit is too sweet when recovering from illness, then cucumber is a non-sweet fruit that hits the spot. More neutral than most foods.

If you want to preserve them a little longer, then try green boxes or bags. I keep produce far longer with these. Debbie Meyer is one brand. Do an internet search. Cucumbers won't last as long in the green boxes as most produce, but it will give you a few more days.
The wife cut them up and vacuum sealed a few of them. They've been sitting in the freezer for weeks, thus the thread.

We ended up with a bunch of cucumbers from a produce sale. What can you do with cucumbers other than a summer salad or smoothie? Any ideas? I'm thinking of throwing them out in the desert so the animals will eat them.
Donate them to Toyz for Toro.

Cucumber jelly is nice with added pectin , lemon juice and ginger .
I throw in a mix of small raisins and cranberries which you try to add as the jelly is setting . But if you use a shallow bowl it does not matter if they sink to the bottom . But stunning if you can get them suspended in the jelly

Why am I thinking about pickles and dildos?
We all know.

tenor-2867817895.gif

We ended up with a bunch of cucumbers from a produce sale. What can you do with cucumbers other than a summer salad or smoothie? Any ideas? I'm thinking of throwing them out in the desert so the animals will eat them.
Grape leaf pickles.

We always have a batch going in the summer and fall...as long as the garden produces them.

A crock is great, but you can use any large glass food safe receptacle.

Forum List

Back