What Do The Words "A Well Regulated Militia" Mean?

I'm not exactly sure why you refuse to understand that registration/licensing of gun owners infringes on their right every bit as much as registering/licenseing women who have abortions infringes on their right, but whatever the reason, it only goes to support the idea that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
So isn't registering your car infringing on your rights? What about having to get a SSN number to work? ...
Nothing your post negates the soundness of what I stated.
Please do try again.

You think it's "sound" to equate gun registration with registering women who have abortions? Oh brother! :eusa_eh:

So isn't registering your car infringing on your rights? What about having to get a SSN number to work? ...
Please do try again.
You think it's "sound" to equate gun registration with registering women who have abortions? Oh brother! :eusa_eh:
Explain how registering women who have abortion infringes on the right to an abortion; then explain in the same terms how registering gun owners does NOT infringe on the right to arms.

Last edited:
Please do try again.
Explain how registering women who have abortion infringes on the right to an abortion; then explain in the same terms how registering gun owners does NOT infringe on the right to arms.

Registering a car doesn't infringe on the right to own a car. Same with a gun. Also, prohibiting certain guns doesn't mean that you can't own ANY gun, it's like a car, ordinary citizens aren't allowed to take an F1 car on the highway, but that doesn't mean that you can't take ANY car on the highway.

Not sure if this is abject ignornce or dishonesty.
Please let us know.
Militia is like an army,
The militia and the standing army are, historically, legally, conceptually and constitutionally very different things.
So, I chalk your statement up to ignorance.

Even if you split that hair, then your militia is fighting the US army, who have nukes, F16s, cruise missiles... which is absurd. Btw, why don't you own a tank or cluster bombs? How do you expect to have a well armed militia with pop guns? :dunno:

And why do RWers and other Republicans like to ignore it?

We don't ignore it, the 2nd provides two distinct rights. One to the States to maintain militias at their discretion and the individual right to keep and bear arms.

You on the other hand like to claim incorrectly that there is only one right and that it belongs to the States.
What are the words that identifies and separates the individual rights from the "Well regulated militia's?"

one of these ,

also found here: A Well Regulated Militia?

Last edited:
Registering a car doesn't infringe on the right to own a car. Same with a gun. Also, prohibiting certain guns doesn't mean that you can't own ANY gun, it's like a car, ordinary citizens aren't allowed to take an F1 car on the highway, but that doesn't mean that you can't take ANY car on the highway.
Since you completely failed to address my post, I'll repeat myself:

in australia, you know a wuss and a coward and a wanker because they're the ones with the guns. if you have a gun in aus., you dont have many friends.

And? :confused:
your only friend has to be prised from your cold dead hands. it must be a lonely life

Doesn't seem like a place where I would want to live...or visit. Glad we have our freedoms in the US.

Militia is like an army,
The militia and the standing army are, historically, legally, conceptually and constitutionally very different things.
Even if you split that hair...
Splitting hairs means to draw a fine line. There is no fine line between the army and the militia as they are, historically, legally, conceptually and constitutionally very different things.
Failure: yours.

Registering women who have an abortion doesn't infringe on the right to an abortion.

Splitting hairs means to draw a fine line. There is no fine line between the army and the militia as they are, historically, legally, conceptually and constitutionally very different things.

Put another way, the 2nd amendment was written in 1776. Please explain why a militia is needed today. Who ya gonna fight? :dunno:

Registering women who have an abortion doesn't infringe on the right to an abortion.
Why not?

Put another way, the 2nd amendment was written in 1776. Please explain why a militia is needed today. Who ya gonna fight? :dunno:

:banghead:

Do you know why the 2nd amendment was even written?????

Registering a car doesn't infringe on the right to own a car.
You do not need register a car to buy it, own it, keep it in your garage, or use it on private property.

Same with a gun.
Why not?
Gun registration is a precondition to the exercise of the right not inherent to same - this, necessarily, makes it an infringement.

Also, prohibiting certain guns doesn't mean that you can't own ANY gun,
This is no different that arguing it is OK to ban Christianity because you can still be a Jew.

Put another way, the 2nd amendment was written in 1776.
I always love it when I find out in advance, the level of intellect I am talking to. :cuckoo:

Please explain why a militia is needed today. Who ya gonna fight? :dunno:
The 2nd amendment says your right to KBA cannot be taken away or restricted, whether you're in any kind of military group or not, or even if all the militias ceased to exist this minute.

(How many times has this been explained, in this very thread?)

Do you begin to understand, now?

"The 2nd amendment says your right to KBA cannot be taken away or restricted, whether you're in any kind of military group or not, or even if all the militias ceased to exist this minute.

(How many times has this been explained, in this very thread?)"

Where does it say that?

And why do RWers and other Republicans like to ignore it?

The Supreme Court has already ruled on this. It includes an individual right as the Amendment has absolutely no practical meaning or application whatsoever without an individual right. LOL! It has always been understood to include a individual right. Hence, your entire line of inquiry, rhetorical is absurd.

Forum List

Back