What Do YOU Believe is Actually Happening?

What do you believe the Earth's climate has been undergoing since the Industrial Revolution

• BREAK - BREAK - BREAK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Your making assumptions which are not supported by facts. 165 W/M^2 is a Tenbreth assumption, which I disagree with. When you improperly apply Stefan-Bolztman's equations and you fail to include convection and entropy an error of over 125% is easily made.
Go to the bing.com search engine and click “images” and search for global energy flow climate.
You will see many different scientists or institutions estimated the global daily average energy absorbed by the earth to be from 161 to 169 W/m^2. If you disagree, then what do you think the the earth's absorption of solar energy is?

Look up the average temperature of the earth. You will find it varies from 14 to 16 C. What do you think the average temperature is? How would you properly apply the SB equation to your temperature? That will give you the loss due to just thermal radiation. If you want, you can include the loss of energy due to convection, or assume it's zero if you want.

Finally look at your figures for the energy gained by the sun on the surface of the earth and compare it with the energy lost from the surface of the earth.

My figures are 165 W energy input and 400 W output. What do you get with your assumptions?

Oops, I just noticed IanC beat me to the post with the same question.

Forum List

Back