What do you pay for housing?

Well maybe he can find a teaching job in a better area.

But your idea that a man in his 30s should still live with his parents so things “won’t be made worse for him” is short-sighted. My parents did not bring me up to live in a dumpy apartment my whole life, but they understood that starting out isn’t always great - but it’s only temporary.

Everyone in my family either lived in a dumpy apartment, shared with roommates, rented a basement room, whatever, in their early to mid 20s. Such is life. But everyone in my family now lives in comfortable, if not outright upscale, homes.

A 32-year-old college graduate should be out of the house. You say the areas near his work are “ghetto”? Well, let him move further away. What about Laurel or Glen Burnie?
Laurel and Glen Burnie are ghetto, too. It’s a culture, not a financial situation.
The pickings are slim and the price is high. He doesn’t live here because he wants to. What’s more, some of his friends who are living away from home are still being subsidized by their parents. Not as independent as it may seem.
Since we spend half of our time in the Midwest, he takes care of this house while we’re away. It’s not the parasitic lifestyle of a democrat sloth child.

Well, drugs are an entirely different issue.

But young adults can rent - and share if they have to.

Me? I love my house, but my next move will be to a nice rental. There are fewer headaches with repairs and upkeep.
Modern-day fentanyl is a big problem in America. And the issue of more single young men is contributing to the housing issue.

You said Married couples should split the rent. Fairpoint …problem is there’s not as many couples today.

As for sharing. Like with friends, for example yet another problem is there are more lonely, depressed young people than ever before ….With the whole iPhone generation people are staring at their phones all day playing video games. these issues did not exist in your time or that of WEATHER53

Bottom line is that the government brought us these issues with the unnecessary lockdowns and printing of trillions of dollars with regards to the stimulus payment. These problems should only be expected when the prices of homes and cost of rent goes up by 50 to 100% in such a short time.

These issues have nothing to do with a sense of entitlement. Sure there are some lazy entitled young people today. But overwhelmingly the housing issue is due to bad government leadership and a changing culture for the worse in America wrt wokeism

Last edited:
Laurel and Glen Burnie are ghetto, too. It’s a culture, not a financial situation.
The pickings are slim and the price is high. He doesn’t live here because he wants to. What’s more, some of his friends who are living away from home are still being subsidized by their parents. Not as independent as it may seem.
Since we spend half of our time in the Midwest, he takes care of this house while we’re away. It’s not the parasitic lifestyle of a democrat sloth child.
If possible, your son can maybe consider moving to Thailand and work mobile. Get an Apartment for 200 bucks a month that would cost 1500 in America.

I love American history and what this country was founded on. But I’m getting tired of the politics in this country. And more than likely I’m making a long-term move to Thailand/Cambodia. Where are the women are so beautiful. The people are friendly. And they don’t have left-wing insanity. My situation has nothing to do with money but everything to do with lifestyle.

That was the topic of C-SPAN this morning. It’s the most important topic in the country. Nobody can deny that’s the cost of living. That is what defines the American dream.

People from across the country and the political divide pretty much all said that they are paying much more for housing under Biden compared to what it was under Trump. One lady from San Diego county said that under Trump a house in her area was around $400,000. Those same houses are going for 900,000 under Biden.

In response we have seen some Democrats laugh about this issue, mock working-class people ….brag about owning a home for decades. Obviously these issues of today don’t really affect them, but they are affecting millions and millions of Americans.

Another issue brought up would be private investment firms buying up homes all over the country. This has gotten out of control and is contributing to the rise in prices. We already had the unnecessary lockdowns due to a overreaction to Covid , which came along with unnecessary stimulus payments….which contributed to a high inflation rate….but private investment firms buying up homes is something that needs to be countered if not banned.

The private investment firms are buying up homes and then jacking up the rent way beyond the true value of the home.

We have also seen a rise and the popularity of “tiny homes”. Houses that are 300 or 400 ft.². That’s not really America. That sounds like communism or something really ugly. We don’t need that in this country.

Homes as investment properties purchased by hedge funds is a problem.

If possible, your son can maybe consider moving to Thailand and work mobile. Get an Apartment for 200 bucks a month that would cost 1500 in America.

I love American history and what this country was founded on. But I’m getting tired of the politics in this country. And more than likely I’m making a long-term move to Thailand/Cambodia. Where are the women are so beautiful. The people are friendly. And they don’t have left-wing insanity. My situation has nothing to do with money but everything to do with lifestyle.
I hear you. But we were here first. No way we should feel compelled to leave our home because of corrupt politics.

I hear you. But we were here first. No way we should feel compelled to leave our home because of corrupt politics.

You may be psyching yourself out a bit. Catastrophization is a common political tool used to keep people in line, where you are conditioned to adopt the most hyperbolic view of the opposition and view them as the 'other'. Corrupt, diabolical, evil.

In reality, folks are just folks. And the most of the policies that people complain about have little if any practical impact on yoru life. I mean, realistically how often do you interact with a trans wrestler in highschool? How does a gay couple getting married impact your life in any meaningful way?

Tax policy, police policy, city planning, laws about the use of your own body, homelessness....these are issues that actually impact people and communities.

But pronouns? Some tiktoker being cancelled? Really, how does this effect you? Its the kind of thing that that is used to rile you up, to make you easier to control.

I understand and maybe things will get better in America. And we will stand up to cancel culture. Who knows though

With regards to my decision it’s also more about personal preference. I very much like southeast Asia. I was there for 4 months last year. And I did miss home at times, but there were many things that were enjoyable over in Cambodia and Thailand. I felt like I was much more physically active. I was doing many more activities over there. There’s never any cold weather and where I’m from it snows lin the winter, which makes things difficult due to my injury.

The thing that newbies might worry about is the costs. “Oh, how much is it gonna cost me to travel there”. Really the only big thing is the cost of the plane ticket ….after that everything in price is extraordinarily lower. Although a good number of Westerners go broke over in Thailand because they go out drinking too much. You will spend a similar amount of money and alcohol over there compared to here in America. Good thing is I don’t really drink due to a car accident

I understand and maybe things will get better in America. And we will stand up to cancel culture. Who knows though

Again, I think you may be being played.

How does 'cancel culture' effect you? Some comedian doesn't get a job and........you have to move out of the country? Some tiktoker loses viewers and..........you need to sell your house?

Y'all are getting caught up in distractions that have little to no impact on your lives. With some of you taking it so far that you're planning on uprooting your entire lives.

We learned that Biden supporters don’t care about the working class anymore. At least some of the ones in this thread.

They don’t care about the situation in New Orleans. Where an 800 square-foot home is going for as much as $300,000. And the minimum wage is $7.25.

Wow yet Harris is joyful.

According to all of the data and reporting the number one concern for the American people is the astronomical cost of living. But remember the Democratic Party doesn’t care about this stuff anymore. They’re about race division, gender , foreign wars…. yet somehow they’re preaching this nonsense about being joyful and happy.

Yay be happy to live in your parents basement or a 300 ft.² tiny home.

WTF does minimum wage have to with housing? If you make minimum wage, you should still be living with your parents!

Forum List

Back