What Does Christianity Have To Do With The Easter Bunny

"
Although a very small number of modern scholars argue that Jesus never existed, that view is a distinct minority and most scholars consider theories that Jesus' existence was a Christian invention as implausible.[30][11] Christopher Tuckett states that the existence of Jesus and his crucifixion by Pontius Pilate seem to be part of the bedrock of historical tradition, based on the availability of non-Christian evidence.[30] Graham Stanton states that "Today nearly all historians, whether Christians or not, accept that Jesus existed".[7]"

Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would be embarassed if I was so woefully ignorant that I could be pwned by wiki.

Just sayin.

Be embarrassed. We're embarrassed for you.

Folks who believe that they have an exclusive personal access to a spirit world where there is a single invisible deity who is pleased by being referred to on their coinage, one who made the universe over the course of a week in the year 4004 bce and evicted the first humans from paradise due to fruit theft, are also disposed to being rabid Wiki cut and pasters.

We?

Wiki is sufficient for your level of scholarship, my dear.

So wait a minute, let me get this straight.

According to you it STARTED out as Pagan, but somehow, over the passage of time, it's now Christian.

Is that it?

It isn't just the Easter eggs, bunnies and evergreens either. The virgin birth, son of God, dying and resurrecting all come from pagan beliefs too.
These things are all found in Scripture, so I'll have to take exception to that.

The Santa Clause and The Easter Bunny are nowhere to be found in Scripture.
the tradition of giving gifts on Christmas coincides with the gifts given to Christ by the wise men .Santa is supposed to represent Saint Nicholas ...St. Nicholas Center ::: Who is St. Nicholas?

It isn't just the Easter eggs, bunnies and evergreens either. The virgin birth, son of God, dying and resurrecting all come from pagan beliefs too.
These things are all found in Scripture, so I'll have to take exception to that.

The Santa Clause and The Easter Bunny are nowhere to be found in Scripture.
the tradition of giving gifts on Christmas coincides with the gifts given to Christ by the wise men .Santa is supposed to represent Saint Nicholas ...St. Nicholas Center ::: Who is St. Nicholas?
Don't know what the Easter Bunny is about...:confused:

We tell our kids there is Jesus, the easter bunny, and santa clause. Then we say only one of them is real. lol. You don't need religion to believe in god. lol. Religion is for the naive and ignorant.

Jesus, in theory, was the most humble man of all time. If that were the case. He would have never wanted a book like the bible to ever be written about him.

The Easter Bunny and Santa were just mostly for kids, atleast that was what i was taught. They help young children understand the religious holidays, does that sound right?

He is stimulating alright. "marc" wants some stimulation? Tell me, what is the difference between Islam or Christianity? Both of them believe in the cosmic Easter bunny and have done some rather vile things to further their aims. So somebody that trashes one to boost the other, that isn't my ideal of morality.
Ree-ee-ee---lyyyy????

Shall we compare the deaths caused by non-believes? or do they not count?

Nimrod's mother/wife colored eggs in the blood of infants. Easter was a sex orgy.
It's also where Lent came from. And Dec. 25.

The early church usurped these pagan rituals and substituted Christ as a way of replacing evil with good.
so they set themselves up as the arbiters of what was good and what was evil...as if the pagans didn't know the difference.
you use the word usurped like it was a friendly takeover.it was anything but that..:cuckoo:

6a00d8341bf67c53ef016764ba8953970b-800wi.jpg

What Does the Easter Bunny Have To Do With Easter?

Apr 6, 2012 05:00 PM ET // by Trace Dominguez

According to the University of Florida's Center for Children's Literature and Culture, the origin of the celebration — and the origin of the Easter Bunny — can be traced back to 13th-century, pre-Christian Germany, when people worshiped several gods and goddesses. The Teutonic deity Eostra was the goddess of spring and fertility, and feasts were held in her honor on the Vernal Equinox. Her symbol was the rabbit because of the animal’s high reproduction rate.

NEWS: Was the Last Supper a Day Earlier?

Spring also symbolized new life and rebirth; eggs were an ancient symbol of fertility. According to History.com, Easter eggs represent Jesus' resurrection. However, this association came much later when Roman Catholicism became the dominant religion in Germany in the 15th century and merged with already ingrained pagan beliefs.

The first Easter Bunny legend was documented in the 1500s. By 1680, the first story about a rabbit laying eggs and hiding them in a garden was published. These legends were brought to the United States in the 1700s, when German immigrants settled in Pennsylvania Dutch country, according to the Center for Children's Literature and Culture.

The tradition of making nests for the rabbit to lay its eggs in soon followed. Eventually, nests became decorated baskets and colorful eggs were swapped for candy, treats and other small gifts.

---> What Does the Easter Bunny Have To Do With Easter? : Discovery News

300_990511.jpg

EGG THEM
_timthumb.php

Last edited:

Forum List

Back