What Does Christianity Have To Do With The Easter Bunny

The symbols used to be Pagan.

Christians are an inclusive, love thy neighbor bunch
:eusa_shhh:
So wait a minute, let me get this straight.

According to you it STARTED out as Pagan, but somehow, over the passage of time, it's now Christian.

Is that it?

It isn't just the Easter eggs, bunnies and evergreens either. The virgin birth, son of God, dying and resurrecting all come from pagan beliefs too.

Offhand, I can really see the allegorical nature of so many of the biblical fables. The resurrection for example, that men die, go into the earth, but then live on-- this would explain for a same goat herders the fact of the cyclic nature of Nature, that we "live on" as part of a Deities greater creation. It's a nice allegory, isn't it?

Jesus really did exist, hollie.

But continue in your fantasy, if it comforts you.

I'm curious.....how did Christianity spring from paganism...in Africa? And Israel? And Greece?

Oh, my bad, it was the other idiot:

"The virgin birth, son of God, dying and resurrecting all come from pagan beliefs too."

So, deridio...tell us how the pagans spread paganism to Africa and the middle east, from whence Chrsitianity sprung?

Oh, my bad, it was the other idiot:

"The virgin birth, son of God, dying and resurrecting all come from pagan beliefs too."

So, deridio...tell us how the pagans spread paganism to Africa and the middle east, from whence Chrsitianity sprung?

That's OK. Few expect you to be able to write coherent sentences.

BTW, the jeebus you’re associating with a divinity was more than likely an amalgam of existing messiahs of the time, most notably a rabbi of the Essenes who lived about 100 years before what is commonly referred to as the years of Jesus H. Christ.

No, Jesus was a real, living person. There's no question of that, except in the most ignorant circles.

Btw, you sound angry, hollie. I'll pray you make it through the weekend without stroking out. I know it has to be hard for you, watching people joyously celebrate the life and death and resurrection of Christ.

Last edited:
No, Jesus was a real, living person. There's no question of that, except in the most ignorant circles.

Now, dear. It’s obvious you tend to be reality challenged as well as abysmally uninformed regarding history. There actually is cause for a great deal of skepticism regarding the historical (in your case, hysterical), accounts of jesus... except in the most deluded circles.

Btw, you sound angry, hollie. I'll pray you make it through the weekend without stroking out. I know it has to be hard for you, watching people joyously celebrate the life and death of Christ.

I'm sure celebrating death is a joyous occasion for you.

Lay off the hard stuff though, OK?

Remember verse 100.10 "Thou'est shall not'est get liquored up"

Btw, you sound angry, hollie. I'll pray you make it through the weekend without stroking out. I know it has to be hard for you, watching people joyously celebrate the life and death of Christ.

Resurrection is difficult without death.

Now, dear. It’s obvious you tend to be reality challenged as well as abysmally uninformed regarding history. There actually is cause for a great deal of skepticism regarding the historical (in your case, hysterical), accounts of jesus... except in the most deluded circles.

Uh huh.

"Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed,[1][2][3][4] and biblical scholars and classical historians regard theories of his non-existence as effectively refuted.[5][6][7] While there is little agreement on the historicity of gospel narratives and their theological assertions of his divinity[8][9][10][11] most scholars agree that Jesus was a Galilean Jew who was born between 7 and 2 BC and died 30–36 AD"

Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even wiki thinks you're an idiot, hollster.

Resurrection is difficult without death.

Claims to miracles of risen dead are difficult to accept without a willing need and predefined conclusions.

If each of us relied exclusively on an arbitrarily compiled and dubiously translated book of subjective impressions written by sources largely unknown whose experiences are necessarily parochial, to draw encompassing conclusions, truth would be as disjointed and corrupt as your synapses.

I know. Your sources...whatever they may be.... are much more accurate.

Pfffttt...

Uh huh.

"Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed,[1][2][3][4] and biblical scholars and classical historians regard theories of his non-existence as effectively refuted.[5][6][7] While there is little agreement on the historicity of gospel narratives and their theological assertions of his divinity[8][9][10][11] most scholars agree that Jesus was a Galilean Jew who was born between 7 and 2 BC and died 30–36 AD"

Even wiki thinks you're an idiot, hollster.

It's actually comical that you get your religious dogma from Wiki.

Even the contributors laugh at you, name-caller.

"
Although a very small number of modern scholars argue that Jesus never existed, that view is a distinct minority and most scholars consider theories that Jesus' existence was a Christian invention as implausible.[30][11] Christopher Tuckett states that the existence of Jesus and his crucifixion by Pontius Pilate seem to be part of the bedrock of historical tradition, based on the availability of non-Christian evidence.[30] Graham Stanton states that "Today nearly all historians, whether Christians or not, accept that Jesus existed".[7]"

I would be embarassed if I was so woefully ignorant that I could be pwned by wiki.

Just sayin.

"
Although a very small number of modern scholars argue that Jesus never existed, that view is a distinct minority and most scholars consider theories that Jesus' existence was a Christian invention as implausible.[30][11] Christopher Tuckett states that the existence of Jesus and his crucifixion by Pontius Pilate seem to be part of the bedrock of historical tradition, based on the availability of non-Christian evidence.[30] Graham Stanton states that "Today nearly all historians, whether Christians or not, accept that Jesus existed".[7]"

I would be embarassed if I was so woefully ignorant that I could be pwned by wiki.

Just sayin.

Be embarrassed. We're embarrassed for you.

Folks who believe that they have an exclusive personal access to a spirit world where there is a single invisible deity who is pleased by being referred to on their coinage, one who made the universe over the course of a week in the year 4004 bce and evicted the first humans from paradise due to fruit theft, are also disposed to being rabid Wiki cut and pasters.

Forum List

Back