What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?

Does it mean that you simply say you're one and that's it?

Or does it mean something more?

If so, then what does it entail?

To be a Christian means you were totally deceived by people who stole the written and spoken words that us saints testify to and use them for your own selfish to control others with your religious dogma and belief in false ideas such as hell, bodily resurrections, false gods ( buildings and altars built with human hands ), church hierarchy, gifts of the spirit ( like speaking in tongues), Eucharist, water baptism ( Jewish tradition to cleanse their sins ), etc.
So what do you suggest the alternative should be sir?

To be Christian means you are a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and Savior of the World.
What does being a disciple of Jesus Christ mean?

Break it down for me please.

Being a disiple of Jesus Christ in not the same as being a Christain. A disiple of Jesus Christ lives by the teachings of Jesus Christ and rejects portions of the Old Testament the same way Jesus Christ did. Many modern day Christians believe that Christ was the savior sent by God and portions of his teachings, but retain the choice of selectivly resorting to portions of the Old Testament that oppose the teachings of Jesus Christ to fit their own denomination or church, church leaders, and sadly, personal interpretation to support personal and political agenda's. Makes the Christain label useless.

To be a Christian means you were totally deceived by people who stole the written and spoken words that us saints testify to and use them for your own selfish to control others with your religious dogma and belief in false ideas such as hell, bodily resurrections, false gods ( buildings and altars built with human hands ), church hierarchy, gifts of the spirit ( like speaking in tongues), Eucharist, water baptism ( Jewish tradition to cleanse their sins ), etc.
So what do you suggest the alternative should be sir?

Be patient until your flesh perishes in this age, then you'll awaken in new flesh that will never be used by God to deceive His people again. In other words, enjoy the ride that God chose for each of us for eternity.

To enter the Kingdom of God, you must be born again.

It's in the Gospel of John, chapter 3.
OK, so what does that entail?

Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentence, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins and the Laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

These are the first principles of the Gospel. This is how we enter into a covenant with God. We are born again through water, through Spirit, and through blood.

To be Christian means you are a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and Savior of the World.
What does being a disciple of Jesus Christ mean?

Break it down for me please.

It means you follow Christ. Not sure how to break it down any farther.

Moreover, considering you profess to follow Christ, I have to wonder why you don't know. It reminds me of what Christ responded to Nicodemus, ironically when he asked Christ what He meant about being born again.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

(John 3:10-12)

Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentence, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins and the Laying on of hands for the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

These are the first principles of the Gospel. This is how we enter into a covenant with God. We are born again through water, through Spirit, and through blood.

Are you saying a person must participate in ceremonies to be a Diciple of Christ or to call oneself a Christain? If a person doen't follow this specific interpretation of the "principles of the Gospel, is that person rejected by your God?

Avatar is giving you first principals on how to become a Latter-day Saint Christian (LDS).

Avatar is giving you first principals on how to become a Latter-day Saint Christian (LDS).

im giving the First principles of the Gospel as given by Peter in Acts 2 and Paul in Hebrews.

Take it for what it's worth.

You are giving the LDS version, my friend, and you know it.

Considering the LDS version is the Biblical version, that shouldn't be surprising.

The Doctrine of Christ is clearly taught in the Bible. Particularly in the two places I cited. It should come to no surprise that when the Lord restored His Church that He taught them just as clearly in our days as He did during the Meridian of Time.

Which of the principles do you object to? Is it the faith in Christ? Is it the Repentence? is it baptism by water? Or the laying on of hands perhaps?

It seems to me that people have the most trouble with Baptism and the laying on of hands the most despite them being so clearly taught in the scriptures. Christ showed us the way in His own baptism. It is the gate to enter in.

Baptism doesn't save.

Jesus referred to baptism as a work of righteousness (Matt. 3:15). It is 'not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us." (Titus 3:5)

im giving the First principles of the Gospel as given by Peter in Acts 2 and Paul in Hebrews.

Considering the LDS version is the Biblical version, that shouldn't be surprising.

The Doctrine of Christ is clearly taught in the Bible. Particularly in the two places I cited. It should come to no surprise that when the Lord restored His Church that He taught them just as clearly in our days as He did during the Meridian of Time.

Which of the principles do you object to? Is it the faith in Christ? Is it the Repentence? is it baptism by water? Or the laying on of hands perhaps?

It seems to me that people have the most trouble with Baptism and the laying on of hands the most despite them being so clearly taught in the scriptures. Christ showed us the way in His own baptism. It is the gate to enter in.

Baptism isn't the gate. Jesus is the door.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The people who come in some other way are thieves and robbers.

John 10:1 ¶ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

that is only true if one becomes a sinner, JC was an example of a sinless person - being born again is removing any sins committed while living and remaining sinless afterwards in order to reach the Everlasting after ones last breath. - it has nothing to do with JC.

I think it means seeing the image of God in every human being, no matter his gender, race, social status, origin, sexual orientation or personal flaws. That's an extremely powerful idea and most Christians have not been able to live up to it.

Right wing Christians in this country have become the very people Jesus warned us about.

Our Movement

I am in the Church of Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 "Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy."

- OR -

1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a democratic people, a political priesthood, a powerful nation, a people behaving for God that you may enforce an agenda of one who called you from apathy into activity once you were not a coalition but now you are the coalition of theological rainbows. Once you were apolitical but now you are very political."-Pastor Alistair Begg

Interesting.

So how does this manifest in a Christian's day-to-day life?

Is this a confirmation of you publicly stating that you're an LDS, aka Mormon?

Interesting.

So how does this manifest in a Christian's day-to-day life?

Which John 3:16 do you think is correct?

"For God, the God of this world (one of many) was so indifferent to the world that he sent one of the gods, the Spirit brother of the Devil, a polygamist, the son of a fluid or substance to die for certain less serious sins that whatever males would believe in his church would be able to work their way to becoming gods themselves and have their own kingdom."-Mormonism

"For God (the one and only Almighty God) so loved the world (all sinners) that He gave His only begotten Son, (the Lord Jesus Christ, the God-Man, to die for all men's sins) that whoever believes in Him (trusts Christ alone for salvation) should not perish (go to hell forever) but have everlasting life (an eternal personal relationship with God)." -The Genuine Christian Version

"Complete Evangelism" by Marc Estes, p176, 177

Forum List

Back