🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What DOES the US Fed. Govt do Well?

You got me on that one...:eusa_think: I don't know wasting taxpayer money?

So is it ME? Or do the 2 parties have everyone angry at EACH OTHER instead of AT THEM?? Ain't that a wonderful and masterful scam of some sorts?

Actually, I'm sandbagging a bit. Polarizing the electorate against each other is a BUILT-IN FEATURE of 2 party politics that has gone on too long..

As a conservative my hatred of GOP RINO lying corrupt bastards is alive and well, I hate them and the left equally.
and yet you dont hate the far right basterds as well....

There is no need to hate a fiscal conservative.
did i say fiscal conservative or the far right asswipes?...

That's it, let your rage and anger flow.

There is absolutely nothing that the US government does well that is beneficial to the American people.

I laugh my ass off at the idea of someone stupid enough to vote for Trump investing their money in the stock market.

Oh my God they almost deserve it. :lol:

You know where the market is heading? Cool beans. I'll PM you for tips..
Aint nothing important happening yet. I'll tell you that much. It's all speculation on the "deals" Trump promised. We're still bleeding jobs. The Govt still think of jobs in 20th century terms. We lost the major supply chains for electronics, medical devices, consumer goods --- EVERYTHING. Couldn't manufacture here without all the parts coming in from overseas. It's a long climb back up the hill from here..

Even our MILITARY stuff is in jeopardy. Can hardly buy a ruggedized display screen that isn't 90% import content.

Congress told us they were only "borrowing" the SS surplus money, I always wondered how they planned to pay it back...increase taxes and collect the money a 2nd time? Say I borrow $10 from you, then tax you $10 then hand that back and claim we are even...now you know just how corrupt government has become.

the funny thing is that if I ever "borrowed" money from my employees' retirement funds and then paid it back with the contributions of other employees when the first employee retired my ass would wind up in jail in a heartbeat but somehow it's OK for the government to do just that very thing.

agents of the government are legally sanctioned to lie to you with impunity but you lie to a government agent and your ass winds up in jail

there really is something not right about this shit, no?

What's not right about it --- is the dead silence. NOTHING being said about the fact that we are in that SS crisis that everybody warned about for 40 years. That there is NOTHING OF VALUE in the so-called Trust Fund. And EVEN OBAMA wouldn't defend his deficits because it would call attention to the LIE about Soc Sec sitting on MOUNTAINS of valuable paper in the Trust Fund..

INSTEAD -- the 2 parties have us fighting over the results of an election. Literally banging it every hour of every day. And they offered 2 damaged candidates. EITHER OF which were guaranteed to have a fucked up admin full of contention and resistance.

Nobody intends to do any work in DC. They HAVE what THEY WANT.. And now it's all about the power to operate it for THEIR advantage... To be the executors of that power. To dole out handouts to corporations, groups, foreign entities. To place insurgencies into the Deep Intel areas to harass their competiton.

When is America gonna STOP -- voting for these winners and take back the control of their govt? Is it AFTER the Civil War ---- or before???

SS taxes were raised under Reagan to deal with this very SS crisis, the problem is congress stole all our damn money. I laughed when they opposed Bush suggestion that we could invest part of our SS in the stock market. Congress claimed we might lose money on the investments, what vs them stealing every last dime of my money and spending it?

AND where was/is the supposed free press? This is precisely the type of issue they should be spanking congress for and its total silence.

Why if folks actually KNEW then that the SS Trust Fund was robbed clean empty -- Bush MIGHT HAVE CONVINCED people to use the ample surplus (at that time) to defray some REAL future costs. Couldn't have Bush "save the future" for Soc Sec --- can we now??? :bang3:

There's no way to save it short of increasing taxes to create another surplus. But because nothing has changed in DC there is nothing to stop these morons from "borrowing" the surplus again and pissing it away a 2nd time.

IMO SS should be taken away from the Federal government and a non partisan independent body be created to manage it in the best interests of the people with AMPLE safeguards to shield it from corruption and stupidity. If any company had managed a fund as badly as government has managed SS the people would be in prison.

There won't be a viable third party in this nation because there is no need for one.

Everybody who clamors for a third party simply wants a more rigid ideological party than is available now. That's why they don't become viable.

You want to take your small number of libertarian freaks and somehow gain a plurality. You'd be fine with grabbing 35% of the vote in a three way race and then have the 20% of extreme bigots in the GOP join you for an electoral college win.

You are a REPUBLICAN. How about being the charade.
thats your opinion LL.....as long as the 2 parties keep on giving us bottom of the barrel people i will be a third party person.....

I know it's a very hard question.. Maybe one that should be asked more regularly. Because -- and this is the real motivation for the questions -- When they FAIL to produce efficiently or intelligently -- WE end up fighting.

If you DON'T KNOW what they do well -- Isn't it about time to stop fighting party to party over stuff that never gets fixed and focus the anger on Washington???

Why don't you and the rest of the single digit minority of Libertarians do something about it?

I laugh my ass off at the idea of someone stupid enough to vote for Trump investing their money in the stock market.

Oh my God they almost deserve it. :lol:

You know where the market is heading? Cool beans. I'll PM you for tips..
Aint nothing important happening yet. I'll tell you that much. It's all speculation on the "deals" Trump promised. We're still bleeding jobs. The Govt still think of jobs in 20th century terms. We lost the major supply chains for electronics, medical devices, consumer goods --- EVERYTHING. Couldn't manufacture here without all the parts coming in from overseas. It's a long climb back up the hill from here..

Even our MILITARY stuff is in jeopardy. Can hardly buy a ruggedized display screen that isn't 90% import content.

We have some manufacturers who are winning in the market, proving its still possible, but even they are under assault from government regulation and government sucking them dry like vampires with taxes and fees.

the funny thing is that if I ever "borrowed" money from my employees' retirement funds and then paid it back with the contributions of other employees when the first employee retired my ass would wind up in jail in a heartbeat but somehow it's OK for the government to do just that very thing.

agents of the government are legally sanctioned to lie to you with impunity but you lie to a government agent and your ass winds up in jail

there really is something not right about this shit, no?

What's not right about it --- is the dead silence. NOTHING being said about the fact that we are in that SS crisis that everybody warned about for 40 years. That there is NOTHING OF VALUE in the so-called Trust Fund. And EVEN OBAMA wouldn't defend his deficits because it would call attention to the LIE about Soc Sec sitting on MOUNTAINS of valuable paper in the Trust Fund..

INSTEAD -- the 2 parties have us fighting over the results of an election. Literally banging it every hour of every day. And they offered 2 damaged candidates. EITHER OF which were guaranteed to have a fucked up admin full of contention and resistance.

Nobody intends to do any work in DC. They HAVE what THEY WANT.. And now it's all about the power to operate it for THEIR advantage... To be the executors of that power. To dole out handouts to corporations, groups, foreign entities. To place insurgencies into the Deep Intel areas to harass their competiton.

When is America gonna STOP -- voting for these winners and take back the control of their govt? Is it AFTER the Civil War ---- or before???

SS taxes were raised under Reagan to deal with this very SS crisis, the problem is congress stole all our damn money. I laughed when they opposed Bush suggestion that we could invest part of our SS in the stock market. Congress claimed we might lose money on the investments, what vs them stealing every last dime of my money and spending it?

AND where was/is the supposed free press? This is precisely the type of issue they should be spanking congress for and its total silence.

Why if folks actually KNEW then that the SS Trust Fund was robbed clean empty -- Bush MIGHT HAVE CONVINCED people to use the ample surplus (at that time) to defray some REAL future costs. Couldn't have Bush "save the future" for Soc Sec --- can we now??? :bang3:

There's no way to save it short of increasing taxes to create another surplus. But because nothing has changed in DC there is nothing to stop these morons from "borrowing" the surplus again and pissing it away a 2nd time.

IMO SS should be taken away from the Federal government and a non partisan independent body be created to manage it in the best interests of the people with AMPLE safeguards to shield it from corruption and stupidity. If any company had managed a fund as badly as government has managed SS the people would be in prison.

Bush wiped out the surpluses with unnecessary tax cuts.

There won't be a viable third party in this nation because there is no need for one.

Everybody who clamors for a third party simply wants a more rigid ideological party than is available now. That's why they don't become viable.

You want to take your small number of libertarian freaks and somehow gain a plurality. You'd be fine with grabbing 35% of the vote in a three way race and then have the 20% of extreme bigots in the GOP join you for an electoral college win.

WTF is this shit? Not talking about parties right now. Talking about what the Fed Govt does WELL... Got a favorite Dept or hero?

And nobody's ever gonna believe I'm a Repub.. Nobody.. You can start a thread and try. Have fun with that. I'll "out liberal" you anyday on Civil Rights, Foreign policy, loss of freedom...

You are either really confused or in the wrong thread. We are discussing Social Security.

We have one of the oldest governments in the world and the most successful country in the world.

Can't argue with results !

But yet you're here everyday -- arguing about "the results"... :rolleyes:

I don't think I've seen one really serious response from the Left. Am I picking on them? Sure. Because if ANYONE actually believes "it's all good" and wants MORE of this --- there's only a couple reasons for their naive denial..

It's so easy to say "the gov sucks". Sure it ain't perfect , but is it really that bad? You imply private companies do things better , but there's endless stories of private industry fuck ups .

It's just such an easy, and lazy move to shit on the government.

When private companies fuck up -- they lose market share. Maybe even get sued. People get fired.
You fuck up in govt -- they give your dept more money and promote you..
Govt can't track VIsa immigrants -- MasterCard could..

I asked simple questions. Which ONE of their duties -- or the stuff they've appropriated the power to do --- do they DO WELL?? With insight, dilligience, creativity and efficiency?

I'll bite . Let's go with post office . Which is now quasi government.

USPS is more NON -- than govt.. It's also an endangered species because of the "federal oversight" that limits their creativity and innovation to survive. I give 15 years MAX.. Before hardly ANYTHING gets to your "mailbox"..

When a corporation faces that kind of extinction event, they don't just keep making the buggy whips and wait for the doors to close.. Can't even really SELL the USPS to anyone -- can ya?

MAYBE --- Amazon would love to have it. MAYBE -- they'll pay more than it's actually worth..

Tell you what . Go to fed ex , amazon , whoever and tell them you want to mail a letter to Nome Alaska for .50cents and see how far you get ?

You are either really confused or in the wrong thread. We are discussing Social Security.

Social Security has a 2 trillion dollar 'surplus' that has grown every year for decades.

Seriously. Is there ANYTHING that they do as well as you might want or expect? Even those things that ARE their PRIMARY Constitutional Duties.. Like the organization and the production of Congress. Or immigration and borders. Or assuring fair and legal elections? Even the maintenance and use of the Military -- which was NOT envisioned in the Constitution as a "standing army"..

And of the stuff that leadership has GRABBED the power to dabble in -- like picking winners and losers in the marketplace, or our new 9/11 domestic spying operation or even the operation of the IRS as an ENFORCEMENT arm of health care policy.

Why is it that so people tend to look to the Feds to micromanage every detail of life. Because WASH is full of the "best and brightest" humble, yet brilliant problem-solvers qualified to fix stuff efficiently and KEEP it fixed?

Ever see ONE Cong. Hearing that resolved anything at all?

Give me examples of WHY folks believe the Fed Govt deserves to keep EXPANDING it's control, it's budget, and it's EFFECT on our lives. The health of the country is suffering over POWER BATTLES for control of this Swampy Monster. It MUST BE just pricelessly IMPORTANT ---- RIGHT???

I love these idiot threads....

the federal government runs the military, social security, the US mail, environmental regulation (or did until the orange sociopath).... anti-trust laws, anti-discrimination laws, medicare, Medicaid.... workplace safety, arts and science funding....

and that's just off the top of my head.

prior to social security over 50% of our senior citizens lived in poverty.

you know, all of the things that trump loons get cranky about

The question, jillian, is do they do any of that well? I submit that a two billion dollar airplane that can be knocked out of the sky by a bird strike is not a very good investment. I submit that Social Security is in debt up to it's eyeballs and that by the time my daughter would hope to be receiving her "benefits" she will be getting nothing for all of the tens of thousands that she will have "given" the government. The VA? How many dead veterans before their time does it take to wake you up on that issue? Or how about the billions in Medicare fraud that is allowed to occur every year?

You see jillian, it is not the fact that they do it, anyone can do a job using other peoples money. A monkey could do it. The question is do they do it well and arguably I can't think of a single program that the US government does now that can be considered a good job.

Ronald Reagan and The Great Social Security Heist : FedSmith.com

April 20, 1983, The day of shame.

Why did the theft NOT STOP under Carter, Clinton, Obama? Why is it an "untouchable" subject? Every American worker is being ROBBED TWICE for the same contribution.. How come NOBODY in leadership will even acknowledge the $30 or $40Bill deficits that are NOW "covered" by China buying NEW Treasury debt? Why did both parties and the media CONDONE the lie -- that there was anything valuable in the SS Trust Fund? 80% of America still BELIEVES that lie..

And since they not only mismanaged, but ROBBED that "Universal Program" and then largely LIED about it --- give me one good reason why we should trust them any NEW "Universal" anything..

It's because of incompetence and lack of leadership - that's why. The 2 parties just fight for control of the cash machine. YOU don't count for much. Neither do your reps in Congress.

YET -- Every day on USMB -- the partisan wars drone on. AS THO --- re-electing one corrupt dysfunctional team over the other is gonna MAKE the Massive overgrown govt more professional and effective.

And now, the truth.

Social Security Bunk - Again - FactCheck.org

WTF is this shit? Not talking about parties right now. Talking about what the Fed Govt does WELL... Got a favorite Dept or hero?

And nobody's ever gonna believe I'm a Repub.. Nobody.. You can start a thread and try. Have fun with that. I'll "out liberal" you anyday on Civil Rights, Foreign policy, loss of freedom...

You know what the government did well before it was corrupted and ruined by partisans, PBS and NPR. I'm also a fan of NASA, all those ground and space telescopes, not sure how much of that is controlled by the government vs universities. GPS is fantastic.

You don't wipe out Soc Sec surpluses with "tax cuts". WTF you talking about? It's FICA. NOT income tax.

Furthermore if you want to find a guy who HASTENED the end of the "Soc Sec Surplus" --- It's Obama when you CUT contributions to FICA in order to give "tax breaks" to the "little people". SS ran it's FIRST modern era deficit the YEAR FOLLOWING -- never recovered and went into deficit 6 or 8 years AHEAD of projections because of that move..

That's what I mean here. It's not about innovation and fixing things. It's about being elected Santa Claus and having all the power to pull the levers..

Social Security has a 2 trillion dollar 'surplus' that has grown every year for decades.

^^^ :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Prove me wrong. Take a break from acting like a child and make a grownup effort to prove me wrong.

You don't wipe out Soc Sec surpluses with "tax cuts". WTF you talking about? It's FICA. NOT income tax.

Furthermore if you want to find a guy who HASTENED the end of the "Soc Sec Surplus" --- It's Obama when you CUT contributions to FICA in order to give "tax breaks" to the "little people". SS ran it's FIRST modern era deficit the YEAR FOLLOWING -- never recovered and went into deficit 6 or 8 years AHEAD of projections because of that move..

That's what I mean here. It's not about innovation and fixing things. It's about being elected Santa Claus and having all the power to pull the levers..

Congress spending party WILL come to an end one day, and when that happens people will know real pain and suffering. You cannot borrow trillions never paying off a dime of principal forever.

I'll bite . Let's go with post office . Which is now quasi government.

USPS is more NON -- than govt.. It's also an endangered species because of the "federal oversight" that limits their creativity and innovation to survive. I give 15 years MAX.. Before hardly ANYTHING gets to your "mailbox"..

When a corporation faces that kind of extinction event, they don't just keep making the buggy whips and wait for the doors to close.. Can't even really SELL the USPS to anyone -- can ya?

MAYBE --- Amazon would love to have it. MAYBE -- they'll pay more than it's actually worth..
as a former worker i have to agree with this.....if Congress would let the people who run the PO actually run it,they would be way ahead of UPS and Fedx....they have to get permission to do anything to keep ahead or just keep up with everyone else,and sometimes it takes years.....and from what i have seen Amazon is doing great with the PO....

Bless you man... Shall we start a "Save the USPS" meme?? Someone needs to worry about their future prospects. DC doesn't give a fuck... It'll keep slogging that pony when Amazon is dropping mail into their OWN box by Drone...

Amazon is gonna eat them -- one way or another... How come WE SEE THAT -- and yet no one in Cong. Hearing ever gets up and bangs on the table and gets folks attention????
the funny part is they bitch about how much money they lose but wont let them make a profit,even just a modest one...

Why of course -- if they made a profit, they might start thinking for themselves and innovating without Congress getting credit for delivering mail... And acting like a business instead of a historical legacy.....
back in the 90's when the boom was happening,our PMG was Marvin Runyon from Coca Cola....he said its something when the company is making billions and they have to spend it and break even and so you end up giving much of it to congress and are mandated to only keep so much for yourself.....that was something new for him.....

Prove me wrong. Take a break from acting like a child and make a grownup effort to prove me wrong.

Yes yes you are desperate for attention, one sec grown ups are talking :itsok:

Forum List

Back