What Does "Top Talent" Think about Working in States that Ban Abortion?

Voter suppression? <snicker>
Businesses look at what's best for their bottom line...for the most part.
A business friendly environment, that's why they are leaving Ca....even with the "Gay Rights", "COVID vaccination rates", "Liberal education reform".
Who are you trying to fool?

Actually not true Meister. Georgia lost a butt-ton of business moves and conventions after their goofy voter suppression BS.

I've seen it with my own eyes. One of my Fortune 500 clients moved their sales and marketing from Portland to the Carolinas in around 2010. They lost about half their workforce .. particularly upper management.

Now you might argue that some of those people didn't make the move because they had kids in school, family ties and such. But I heard directly from a number of my contacts that it went beyond that.

For one thing there was a nuke plant less than a mile from where the company decided to build. The other thing was the politics. Some people just don't want to mix with Gomers. :)

Actually not true Meister. Georgia lost a butt-ton of business moves and conventions after their goofy voter suppression BS.

I've seen it with my own eyes. One of my Fortune 500 clients moved their sales and marketing from Portland to the Carolinas in around 2010. They lost about half their workforce .. particularly upper management.

Now you might argue that some of those people didn't make the move because they had kids in school, family ties and such. But I heard directly from a number of my contacts that it went beyond that.

For one thing there was a nuke plant less than a mile from where the company decided to build. The other thing was the politics. Some people just don't want to mix with Gomers. :)
Funny what is called voter suppression, doc. Colorado which is much more liberal than
Georgia has stricter voting laws than what Georgia is wanting. I know, crazy, huh?

Define Top Talent.
Wall Street will define Top Talent as young, unattached and as disposable the moment Business Visas show up.
The majority of people I know are tops in their scientific fields and find these young people to be morally despicable.
I’m super sure you know tons of the best scientists.

That seems likely.

Funny what is called voter suppression, doc. Colorado which is much more liberal than
Georgia has stricter voting laws than what Georgia is wanting. I know, crazy, huh?
Doesn’t Colorado have all mail in ballots?

Does Colorado allow partisan legislators to overrule the voters?

Maybe - I've not compared the two. But I can guarantee you that Colorado didn't make it possible for the state legislature to overrule election boards, the Secretary of State and do anything else they deem necessary to toss out votes in districts where they don't like the results.

Yes they do

Employees leaving because of Texas policies is not good for business
Neither are consumer boycotts because of where you choose to do business
You can try and reconcile what you don't know until the cows go home, RW.
Texas is growing faster than any other state. I do believe it's the job market
and their politics that make it attractive.

This is a very interesting study.

I'm sure that the conservatives won't believe it or even click the link but intelligent people will.

Texas and any state that enacts legislation like the one Texas has enacted, are not going to get well educated people to their state. They won't get business to come to their state and they will see people leave their state.

It's very telling, the consequences of passing such laws, people and business won't stand for it.

It's going to cause those red states to fall even farther behind.

From the study:

Data suggest:
  • Large majorities of top talent support abortion access and consider the issue part of gender equity in the workplace;
  • Two-thirds say the Texas ban would discourage them from working in the state;
  • 64% say they would not apply for a job in a state that passed a ban like Texas';
  • About half says they would consider moving out-of-state if their lawmakers
    passed a similar ban.

The college-educated workforce values abortion access and sees the issue as part of gender equity in the workplace.
Roughly eight in ten respondents (79%) do not want Roe v. Wade overturned. The same proportion (80%) feels access to abortion is an important part of women's rights and gender equity - 63% feel this strongly.
Respondents also connect abortion to other issues. Two-thirds (65%) would guess that states that protect abortion rights and access are more likely to have good health care, good-paying jobs, and a higher-quality of life v. those that ban or restrict abortion access (10%).

Majorities across segments say this law would discourage them from working in Texas:
  • Women (74%)
  • Men (58%)
  • Gen Z (73%)
  • Millennials (69%)
  • Black employees (60%)
  • Latino/a employees (64%)
  • AAPI employees (62%)
  • Recent graduates (67%)

You can read all of the findings of the study at the following link:

Good luck with that Texas and any state that passes the same anti abortion law.
Top Talent? You mean people that are paid well and who don't get unintended pregnancies needing an abortion and who know they have the money to go to another state if needed? Or are educated to know that there are certain Ulcer drugs that will cause an abortion? Really? You think intelligent people are worried about abortion?

You can try and reconcile what you don't know until the cows go home, RW.
Texas is growing faster than any other state. I do believe it's the job market
and their politics that make it attractive.
Yes they were

Gov Abbott is giving the reason to reconsider

Maybe - I've not compared the two. But I can guarantee you that Colorado didn't make it possible for the state legislature to overrule election boards, the Secretary of State and do anything else they deem necessary to toss out votes in districts where they don't like the results.
I would have to read the details to those 'facts'. Not what CNN states as facts

Forum List

Back