CDZ What exactly is "Equity" and how does it compare to "Equality"?

Equity vs Equality

1641576547020.png

It's used for that sure, I'm just trying to figure out the actual difference between it and equality. My definition is my view, just curious to see what others think.

Even on the molecular level, nothing is equal to itself for more than a fraction of a second.
The same as conditions are altered in a material sense, conditions create variations in the individual's sense or experience.

Since all experiences and conditions are variable in points of measure per individual, the only way a government could administer Equality ...
Would be in what they don't do for anyone.

No politician is going to get elected running on a platform that consists of everything they are not going to do.
Equity ... Is just the new fairytale people want to believe the government is capable of providing.

It also says that browns and blacks are inferior and need special standards in order to do anything. The democrats are literally stating this as a fact and making it the rule and law of the land.

I take it that you're saying that there can be 'equity' without equality? Or fwiw, vice versa?
Is it a serious discussion?

I'm saying equity is the equivalent of adding a fudge factor to say you are working for equality when you are not.

Tell that to the white guy that didn't get the job he needed, because he needed to be punished, for something that someone else did, before he was born.

Or to the tall guy who paid for a box and was forced to give it to the short guy.

Then why was is pushed for so many years as the end goal?

You know the answer to that ... People are stupid but figured out Equality was never going to happen.
So the politicians just re-branded the same garbage and tried to look smarter by moving the goal posts.

Equity is all about putting some groups above others. It is the idea that some people are superior and are to given special rights.

Wow, MLK would be rolling in his grave if he was alive today. WTH are we doing?
Progs use groups. Individuals do not mean anything to them unless warranted. They will pick individuals from the group for their purposes. We see it in the Biden Administration. Being competent does not matter. But it helps that some are with the demand that they tow the Prog agenda line. All of our institutions are being weakened by this way of thinking. Individual excellence takes a back seat to the group through equity.

I'm saying equity is the equivalent of adding a fudge factor to say you are working for equality when you are not.
And I'm saying that both are the same and Americans don't subscribe to either. Hence the reference to France's slogan.
That's pretty much the only point that I find of any interest.

And I'm saying that both are the same and Americans don't subscribe to either. Hence the reference to France's slogan.
That's pretty much the only point that I find of any interest.

Equality in a social sense is visionary and idealistic.
Equity is an attempt to suggest the outcome is actually achievable through applied processes.

Equality in a social sense is visionary and idealistic.
Equity is an attempt to suggest the outcome is actually achievable through applied processes.

Maybe so but I've just said where my interest lies. Would you like to address that by commenting on Americans' acceptance or rejection of France's motto?

Forum List

Back