What Excuse Will be used for the Left's Mid-Term Disaster?

They've already got it all set up, it will again be the Russians. Hence FB announcement that they've "already" detected interference.

The growing hysteria of the far and alt right and Trumpers delights the ears of Real America.

We shall see what happens in November

Right now, indicators are not strong for the GOP

As I recall you guys got Schloonged in 2016. Even though the polls, pundits and talking heads all told everyone Hitlery would be the next POTUS.

It could very well happen again.

Everyone said, Claudette, she would win the vote.

She did.

Easily.

No EV this time around, kid.

Normally the party not having the White House wins big in the mid-terms. Will the Ds have a net gain in the Senate? Highly unlikely. In fact given that most of the D incumbents needed Obama to win in 2012 some losses are a more probable outcome. Will the Ds win the House? Too close to call. That will be a mid-term disaster of unknown magnitude. Losing seats in either house is more than a failure. Losing cloture in the Senate is a coin toss. Nelson here in FL is not even campaigning. What bogus excuse will the left use to explain their failure?
EVEN the R’s are talking about getting anal raped in November. Hasn’t Fox told you that?

Yes let’s vote republican for not doing their jobs by putting a check on this renegade president.
Yes let’s vote republican for putting children in cages.
Yes let’s vote republican watching THEM starting to abolish the endangered species act.
Yes let’s vote republican for watching them make a joke out of the House Intelligence Committee on Russia by not calling 75 witnesses because the truth was getting too hot for them.

You think the American people are stupid.
The whole country has been watching this carnage.
You’re toast in November.

C376704D-06E9-44A5-81DE-36AA45202D74.jpeg

The growing hysteria of the far and alt right and Trumpers delights the ears of Real America.
Do you promise to leave this forum forever when Democrats lose again?
Jake the fake's comedy routine is an acquired taste that draws lots of fans to this site to laugh and reduce site costs. I am not one of his fans but everyone has some sort of guilty pleasure and this one is harmless.

Normally the party not having the White House wins big in the mid-terms. Will the Ds have a net gain in the Senate? Highly unlikely. In fact given that most of the D incumbents needed Obama to win in 2012 some losses are a more probable outcome. Will the Ds win the House? Too close to call. That will be a mid-term disaster of unknown magnitude. Losing seats in either house is more than a failure. Losing cloture in the Senate is a coin toss. Nelson here in FL is not even campaigning. What bogus excuse will the left use to explain their failure?

Global warming, racism, Russia collusion, hate gays etc etc.

Races tend to tighten up as the election draws closer. So, the generic polls will likely get closer prior to the mid terms. The Dems had an 11.5% generic lead in 2006 when they recaptured the house. George W Bush had a 35% approval rating. It netted them 30 seats. These polls tend to underestimate the GOP vote. Forget about 2016 for a minute.

2006 - Dem 11.5% generic lead = 30 seats.
2010 - Rep 9.5% generic lead = 64 seats.

GOP gains more than twice the number of house seats with a lower generic lead.

The GOP is holding the House easily this time around.

Races tend to tighten up as the election draws closer. So, the generic polls will likely get closer prior to the mid terms. The Dems had an 11.5% generic lead in 2006 when they recaptured the house. George W Bush had a 35% approval rating. It netted them 30 seats. These polls tend to underestimate the GOP vote. Forget about 2016 for a minute.

Yeah, we all remember President Romney talking about that. :lol: The stats mean nothing. However, check the Party Excitement numbers, Mike, if you want a fairly accurate guestimate. In 2010, the GOP was 67% to the Dems 49%. It is the exact opposite this time.

The Democrats will likely win the House. Republicans are nervous about the Senate. Democrats will likely get a seat at the table in a number of states where they are currently shut out.

Yeah, we all remember President Romney talking about that. :lol: The stats mean nothing. However, check the Party Excitement numbers, Mike, if you want a fairly accurate guestimate. In 2010, the GOP was 67% to the Dems 49%. It is the exact opposite this time.

I don't think that is an accurate reading this time around. I could be wrong. But, I think there is a stigma associated with Trump supporters that makes them less "enthusiastic". Trump supporters have been effectively stereotyped and I think many will be more likely to vote than to actually admit to supporting Trump. Just my opinion. An anecdotal example is friend of mine who said he would never place a Trump sign in his yard or a bumper sticker on his car due to fear of property damage caused by Trump haters. I believe he was just being paranoid, but I think a lot of people fear this kind of stuff. There is a lot of enthusiasm for Trump out there and I think that the house is totally safe for the GOP.

Just as they accuse "The Russians" of doing, the MSM is doing its part to promote a Democrat takeover in November.

They ignore or discount good economic news and other news favorable to Trump. They highlight nonsense and non-events, to the extent that they can portray Trump in a bad light. They showcase petty Democrat "victories" in races where the electorate is absurdly Leftist (St. Alexandria). They focus on "generic" polls showing a Democrat takeover, and polls in outlier districts where an individual Democrat is favored over a Republican incumbent, even though they may be (and are) a tiny minority of districts.

But there is no generic election. There are hundreds of individual elections, where individual candidates are contesting individual seats. And the Left/Democrat machine has NO ISSUES with which to attract right-of-center or "moderate" voters. They hope that "Free stuff, paid for by Someone Else" will attract enough votes to take over the House, while the issues that Americans really care about - the economy, immigration, national security - are much stronger for Trump and the Republicans.

The Republicans will lose a few seats - my own district, I sadly admit - but they will retain the House and increase their slight majority in the Senate.

Don't blame the media. Voters are smarter than you think. They do have issues to run on. Republicans have made a bigger mess out of Obamacare to start. Taxes are another issue. The fact is they are running moderate candidates in moderate districts. Remember Connor Lamb. The Democrats have won special elections in what were thought to be red districts.

They won't have any problems and have a lot of push from the last election.

DA RUSSIANS!!!!!!! They are already starting it with DA RUSSIANS! That fugly thing in Missouri is whining about DA RUSSIANS tried to hack her account...

Forum List

Back