🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

what happened on 9/11/2001?

A million tons of building material at over 1,000 feet?

:lmao: Did it all fall onto that flange at the same time? In just that spot of the beam? Perhaps the beam was installed vertically instead of horizontally and a million tons of building fell right onto its end and viola!

OK.

:rofl:

Ok, so there were no fires in that building. I believe that's cleared up. Why did you mention that building to begin with?

Because I was discussing what happened on 9/11 as that is what the thread is about. So, this is the picture I have hanging in my office:

Image187fema.gif

It shows a flange mid-photo that is mangled in a highly unusual way.
Ok, so what about it?

How did that flange get into that condition?
I myself have no idea. There was heavy damage to that building from the collapse of one of the towers. My assumption would be from that, either directly or indirectly.

What's your guess?

I don't have a guess. What I do have is the knowledge in metallurgy and thermodynamics to know it doesn't happen due to falling debris. If so, there would be more similar evidence surrounding it. Instead, it is a focused energy release forensically speaking. Until this particular anomaly can be addressed we're still playing with a shy deck over 9/11. Probably always will be.
So then you can tell me where that 'flange' came from? Is it from the Banker's Trust building or is it from WTC2?

Because I was discussing what happened on 9/11 as that is what the thread is about. So, this is the picture I have hanging in my office:

Image187fema.gif

It shows a flange mid-photo that is mangled in a highly unusual way.
Ok, so what about it?

I myself have no idea. There was heavy damage to that building from the collapse of one of the towers. My assumption would be from that, either directly or indirectly.

What's your guess?

I don't have a guess. What I do have is the knowledge in metallurgy and thermodynamics to know it doesn't happen due to falling debris. If so, there would be more similar evidence surrounding it. Instead, it is a focused energy release forensically speaking. Until this particular anomaly can be addressed we're still playing with a shy deck over 9/11. Probably always will be.
So then you can tell me where that 'flange' came from? Is it from the Banker's Trust building or is it from WTC2?

It's from Banker's trust.

in a photo he post ad nausm there is a single steel been /floor joist that is bowed out just below what appears to be the weld, his clam is that something other than conventional means had to have been employed to do that kind of damage.
he further states that the photo encapsulates all that he views as wrong or cover up about the 911 investigations.
what I find funny is the fema report makes no special mention of the damaged beam.
any time anyone takes a guess at what could have done the damage besides space beams /dustfication rays or mini nukes he laughs and says were all brain dead.

I guess it never occurred to him what tons and tons of building debris raining down from great heights can do to adjacent buildings.

For the guy that doesn't even see it, you make a lot of ASSumptions. Then again, you fed the troll. You trolling too?

I see a damaged building column and a lot of other debris. I see no "flange". And for the record, you calling anyone who disagrees with you a troll is the hallmark of a scammer. If that is not what you are here to do, please refrain from the name calling.

Ok, if I call it an I-beam will that solve the big mystery for you? it's pretty clear which piece of steel is shriveled up and yet still has fuckin' paint on it.
it's not shriveled one end has been knocked loose from it's anchor point and it is missing some paint on the damaged end.
if it was a focused energy release would not the radiant heat burn or bubble the paint on most of the beam?

If it was a focused energy release (I.e., a shaped charge), it would not have the appearance of being crushed parallel to it's load-bearing axis. It would have the appearance of being sliced or ripped perpendicular to its load-bearing axis.

Ok, so what about it?

What's your guess?

How can you tell since we just see the beam hanging there? We certainly can't see if it's attached to anything. How can you tell it didn't come from WTC2?

What's your guess?

How can you tell since we just see the beam hanging there? We certainly can't see if it's attached to anything. How can you tell it didn't come from WTC2?

Because the FEMA report, should you read it, explicitly details that it is part of column-D from the diagram provided on the damage to the building's web.

Plus the size is obviously not that of the 30 ft. one that was lodged into the the side of BT that was from WTC2.

What's your guess?

Because the FEMA report, should you read it, explicitly details that it is part of column-D from the diagram provided on the damage to the building's web.
I admit, I don't read every page of every report. Can you provide me a clue to where I can find it in that report?

Thanks!

This is what I see. What does it mean (unless I'm looking at the wrong thing) ... ?

An evaluation of the damage patterns revealed several interesting interpretations. The spandrels were sheared by the impactor, between column lines C and D, from the 23rd to the 19th floors. The D-8 column splices failed at the 18th floor and at the 16th floor, but there are no clues to indicate why column splice tension overload occurred at this location. However, unlike the spandrels above, the girder-column connections at column lines C and D failed. Although severed from the column above and below, column D8 remained suspended from the girders spanning between column lines E and D. These girders developed large vertical and lateral deformations (twisting). The twisting and bending of these girders may have extended the zone of collapse to bays bounded by column lines C and E. If the column splices had not failed at the 16th and 18th floors, it is possible the extent of collapse may have been limited to the single bay in the path of the impactor. This enlarged zone of damage continued until the collapse was arrested on the 8th floor. It is unlikely that dynamic effects caused the damage to column D-8 below the 16th floor; otherwise, the collapse should have progressed all the way to the ground. It is possible that the column splice failures and the resulting large deformations (twisting) of the spandrels caused the remaining portion of column D-8 to lose lateral bracing, and the collapse was not arrested until the energy of the impactor and debris pile was sufficiently diminished to halt the collapse. If this actually accounted for the enlargement of the damage zone, the restraint of the twisting deformations may have prevented the failure of column D-8.

Although a considerable amount of debris fell from the upper floors onto the first-floor extension to the north, a two-story deep pile of debris accumulated on the 8th floor. By one estimate, although the debris distributed some of its weight by bridging action, the net effect would have been a 500-percent increase in dead load moment for the supporting beam. Based on the computed results, and in the absence of wind, it appears that the connections would have been able to support more than 500 percent of the estimated dead load moments before any hinging would occur. This may explain why multiple stories of debris came to rest at the 8th floor without incurring additional damage to the structure.

Because column D-8 failed below the 16th floor, the beam-to-column moment connection was the single most significant structural feature that helped limit the damage. The portion of the building above the collapsed floors was held in place by frame action of the perimeter. Static elastic analyses of the moment frame show very high stress levels; however, there was a negligible deformation directly above the damaged structure. Furthermore, connections that enable the beams to develop some membrane capacity improve a structure's ability to arrest collapse. The typical floor beam end connections with their A307 bolts were overloaded in direct tension. High-strength bolts would have provided significantly greater tensile ability and possibly held more beams in place through catenary action. Inelastic analyses demonstrate the role of the weaker connections in the response of the structure. Finally, stronger column splices may have made it more difficult for the damaged column to separate from the upper column. Heavier column splices could have allowed the damaged column to function as a hanger and limit the amount of collapsed area, or they could have tended to pull more of the frame down.

What it means, in a broken down less engineer lingo framework, is that fro the most part, they do not understand a good portion of the damage failure of column-D @ 16 - it goes beyond comprehension. Some of the deformation is also implicated in this initial assessment. Most of what you're quoting is lingo to what happened understandably and what did not.

What it means, in a broken down less engineer lingo framework, is that fro the most part, they do not understand a good portion of the damage failure of column-D @ 16 - it goes beyond comprehension. Some of the deformation is also implicated in this initial assessment. Most of what you're quoting is lingo to what happened understandably and what did not.
So what do you think caused that damage?

What I think is irrelevant. What I will say is that for that particular beam (thanks FEMA!) it defies conventional wisdom. There is no logical, or scientific explanation. Plus, when you look at what happened to the building ultimately...well. It aint anything we have information about.

What I think is irrelevant. What I will say is that for that particular beam (thanks FEMA!) it defies conventional wisdom. There is no logical, or scientific explanation. Plus, when you look at what happened to the building ultimately...well. It aint anything we have information about.
If I'm reading that right, they have explanations for the other columns which is attributable to debris from WTC2; so it seems to me that even though they offer no explanation to that one beam, the damage is still from the collapse of the south tower.

As far as what ultimately occurred -- the building was eventually torn down due to the extensive damage. Isn't that right?

No. it was torn down due to pervasive structural rust.

But you're selling a pretty good package. The "i don't know and will you follow me?" joint.

No. it was torn down due to pervasive structural rust.

But you're selling a pretty good package. The "i don't know and will you follow me?" joint.

Funny ... that's exactly the package YOU are selling. Since this thread is "What Happened on 9/11/2001," perhaps you would be so good as to actually answer the question posed.

Last edited:
hey agent dawgshit sock dawgshit,I see your handlers sent you back to fart again in hopes of trying to derail this thread.lol.

hey agent dawgshit sock dawgshit,I see your handlers sent you back to fart again in hopes of trying to derail this thread.lol.

I'm trying to get this thread back on track, :asshole:. The question posed was "What Happened on 9/11?" Any intelligent thoughts?

Forum List

Back