What Happens Now That Joe Biden Quit Race? DNC Process Explained

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

What Happens Now That Joe Biden Quit Race? DNC Process Explained​

21 July 2024 ~~ By Katherine Fung

President Joe Biden has exited the 2024 race, leaving Democrats scrambling to find a nominee less than four months before November's election.
Biden announced Sunday that he would step aside as the party's nominee, ending a decades-long political career after weeks of calls for the 81-year-old to withdraw from the race.
"It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve as your President. And while it has been my intention to seek reelection, I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term," Biden said in a statement posted on social media.
~Snip~
Facing little opposition in the Democratic primaries, Biden already won almost all of his party's 4,000-plus delegates with his state victories earlier this year. With Biden out, those delegates will have to cast their ballots for a new candidate.
n a statement emailed to Newsweek, Democratic National Committee (DNC) chair Jaime Harrison said that the party would "undertake a transparent and orderly process to move forward as a united Democratic Party with a candidate who can defeat Donald Trump in November."
~Snip~
What If There's a Contested Convention?
There is also a possibility that no candidate wins a majority on the roll call. If this happens, more than 700 "superdelegates" will also vote in a subsequent ballot. The process would continue until a candidate wins a simple majority.
"Superdelegates" consist of the senior party leaders and elected officials who automatically become delegates to the convention based on their positions. They are not allowed to vote on the first ballot, per DNC rules, but can vote on subsequent ballots.
What If a Candidate Leaves After the Convention?
In the unlikely situation in which the Democratic nominee leaves the race after the convention in Chicago, the committee is empowered to fill the vacancy after the party chair discusses a replacement with Democratic governors and congressional leaders.
While rare, such a scenario has happened. In 1972, Senator Thomas Eagleton, who was the vice presidential nominee, was forced to step aside after the convention when it became public that he had been hospitalized for mental illness.
The DNC later chose Sargent Shriver to replace Eagleton as nominee George McGovern's running mate, but the Democrats' failure to vet the senator led to a disappointing election in November, when Republican Richard Nixon won in a landslide.

Commentary:
1721592717475.png
Presently, the disarray shown by the Democrats is akin to USSS agents at a Trump rally.
“The mini primary will not involve any voters, so it is not really like the other primaries.”
It means “Democracy” is not being valued or preserved. The Neo-Marxist insiders are going to decide, not the voters.
Not one primary vote delegate was won by Kamala Harris. And she could very well be the next President.
This means all those votes placed by Democrats in the primary no lomger count.
It’s going to be whatever the DNC Rules Committee allows. I’m guessing they’ll be meeting earlier than planned this year. Probably already are.
This is pure Soviet style Marxist action.
Whatever it is, it should be a hoot. Get the popcorn ready...
Chicago 1968 DNC Convention was a picnic as compared to what will occur at the DNC Convention beginning August 19th through August 22nd.
1721597321542.png

What Happens Now That Joe Biden Quit Race? DNC Process Explained​

21 July 2024 ~~ By Katherine Fung

President Joe Biden has exited the 2024 race, leaving Democrats scrambling to find a nominee less than four months before November's election.
Biden announced Sunday that he would step aside as the party's nominee, ending a decades-long political career after weeks of calls for the 81-year-old to withdraw from the race.
"It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve as your President. And while it has been my intention to seek reelection, I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term," Biden said in a statement posted on social media.
~Snip~
Facing little opposition in the Democratic primaries, Biden already won almost all of his party's 4,000-plus delegates with his state victories earlier this year. With Biden out, those delegates will have to cast their ballots for a new candidate.
n a statement emailed to Newsweek, Democratic National Committee (DNC) chair Jaime Harrison said that the party would "undertake a transparent and orderly process to move forward as a united Democratic Party with a candidate who can defeat Donald Trump in November."
~Snip~
What If There's a Contested Convention?
There is also a possibility that no candidate wins a majority on the roll call. If this happens, more than 700 "superdelegates" will also vote in a subsequent ballot. The process would continue until a candidate wins a simple majority.
"Superdelegates" consist of the senior party leaders and elected officials who automatically become delegates to the convention based on their positions. They are not allowed to vote on the first ballot, per DNC rules, but can vote on subsequent ballots.
What If a Candidate Leaves After the Convention?
In the unlikely situation in which the Democratic nominee leaves the race after the convention in Chicago, the committee is empowered to fill the vacancy after the party chair discusses a replacement with Democratic governors and congressional leaders.
While rare, such a scenario has happened. In 1972, Senator Thomas Eagleton, who was the vice presidential nominee, was forced to step aside after the convention when it became public that he had been hospitalized for mental illness.
The DNC later chose Sargent Shriver to replace Eagleton as nominee George McGovern's running mate, but the Democrats' failure to vet the senator led to a disappointing election in November, when Republican Richard Nixon won in a landslide.

Commentary:
Presently, the disarray shown by the Democrats is akin to USSS agents at a Trump rally.
“The mini primary will not involve any voters, so it is not really like the other primaries.”
It means “Democracy” is not being valued or preserved. The Neo-Marxist insiders are going to decide, not the voters.
Not one primary vote delegate was won by Kamala Harris. And she could very well be the next President.
This means all those votes placed by Democrats in the primary no lomger count.
It’s going to be whatever the DNC Rules Committee allows. I’m guessing they’ll be meeting earlier than planned this year. Probably already are.
This is pure Soviet style Marxist action.
Whatever it is, it should be a hoot. Get the popcorn ready...
Chicago 1968 DNC Convention was a picnic as compared to what will occur at the DNC Convention beginning August 19th through August 22nd.
Too bad the OP had to go and use personal insults and other shit in violation of thread start rules.

This is the way it is supposed to be. The delegates are not bound to any candidate, freeing them to vote for the candidate they actually want. Whether they take their orders from the voters or the party leaders will be interesting to see. Clearly, the Party "leaders" want the issue to be decided before the convention, which is anti-democratic in the extreme. Let the delegates decide!

supposedly Joe

But he hasn't been in charge since he took the oath.

Better question: If he dies before the Convention, can she proclaim she is the nominee?

That was clearly evident all last week during the RNC

You are part of the problem. This has been the Dem activity since 2016 and I would say the same of the GOP if they did the same..

Super Delegates, absent Primaries, changing rules and order of the states in Primary, setting up the earliest debate in history and then the opaque and mysterious letter apparently from Biden 4 months before the election from the current president and man who holds all the delegates.

Like many decisions I've seen the last few years, not surprisingly as the West loses it's Middle Class and global influence; "who does this help"?

That was clearly evident all last week during the RNC
The RNC bent over backwards to make sure they will include all with their agendas. Joe and all of his lies. Joe sold us out to foreign interests. Joe the great unifier. Americans lived better under Trump. And only stupid pride from Prog voters will stop him from becoming the President again.

You are part of the problem. This has been the Dem activity since 2016 and I would say the same of the GOP if they did the same..

They both do it and have been doing it this whole century.

Super Delegates, absent Primaries, changing rules and order of the states in Primary, setting up the earliest debate in history and then the opaque and mysterious letter apparently from Biden 4 months before the election and from the current president and man who holds all the delegates.

yep, this was all part of the grand plan....they had this planned out for years. Biden faked being an old man in the debate to trick the GOP in to nominating Trump just so Joe could drop out after their convention.

Those damn Dems are so sneaky :rolleyes: :itsok:

They both do it and have been doing it this whole century.

yep, this was all part of the grand plan....they had this planned out for years. Biden faked being an old man in the debate to trick the GOP in to nominating Trump just so Joe could drop out after their convention.

Those damn Dems are so sneaky :rolleyes: :itsok:

You miss the point.

It is the GOP who are the Party of the working class now. The Party of the military and Patriots.

You miss the point.

It is the GOP who are the Party of the working class now. The Party of the military and Patriots.

Yeah, that is why the billionaires are coming out of the woodwork to funnel their money to Trump

How can you live so close to our country and still be so fucking clueless?

Yeah, that is why the billionaires are coming out of the woodwork to funnel their money to Trump

How can you live so close to our country and still be so fucking clueless?

Really. WHy do you think Biden was forced out??!! The donors, that's why.

Trump funded much of his campaign in 2016. He gets far more donors in small sums than the Dems do. He gets billionaire money because he now focused on reaching out to tech giants, that's not the same as relying solely on corporate donors and big Hollywood events.

How long do you all suppose it will take for them to have a new nominee? Do you think it will be Harris? I’m going to assume they will have to get this sorted out fairly quickly, no?

Too bad the OP had to go and use personal insults and other shit in violation of thread start rules.
1721598283380.png
~~~~~~
Speaker of the House Mike Johnson recently said in an interview with Jak Tapper of CNN that took place before Mr. Biden actually did drop out, that Democrats will have “real problems” if Mr. Biden is pushed to be replaced.
“I mean, every state has their own election system. That’s our constitutional system,” said Mr. Johnson, Louisiana Republican. “That’s the way it’s done. And in some of these states, it’s a real hurdle. They have a real problem of replacing the nominee on the top of the ticket.”
Joe Biden was chosen after a long, small-d democratic process by 14 million people emerging through that primary,” he said. “It will be very interesting to see if the so-called party of democracy, the Democrats, go into a backroom somewhere and switch it out and put someone else at the top of the ticket.”
Read more: House speaker Mike Johnson says Democrats might face legal trouble if they replace Biden on ticket

Commentary:
If this occurred during a Republican administration Democrats would be pounding their chests in victory.
In regard to Biden were you lying then and are you lying now.
It's not enough for Biden to drop out of the race.
Resigning as president should be next because obviously Joe is incapable of running this country either physically or mentally for the next five months....
In the end we should all remember that a party that got away with one of its top Senatorial members leaving a woman to drown after driving off a bridge is worried about this.

Last edited:
Really. WHy do you think Biden was forced out??!! The donors, that's why.

He was forced out because he is too old and feeble for the job

Trump funded much of his campaign in 2016.

That is a lie that is often told, but it is just that...a lie

He gets billionaire money because he now focused on reaching out to tech giants, that's not the same as relying solely on corporate donors and big Hollywood events.

Why is it different? Why is one billionaire ok and the other is not?

He was forced out because he is too old and feeble for the job

That is a lie that is often told, but it is just that...a lie

Why is it different? Why is one billionaire ok and the other is not?

If he is too old and feeble to do the job than he must step down and let Harris be president. She must be a leader and invoke the 25th Amendment.

If she can't stand up to her own party how can she expect to stand up to Xi or Putin?

What Happens Now That Joe Biden Quit Race?​

I expect that Harris will be In Like Flint. They don't have anyone better and they don't have time to mess around.

Meantime, Diaper Joe says: "My very first decision as the party nominee in 2020 was to pick Kamala Harris as my Vice President. And it's been the best decision I've made. Today I want to offer my full support and endorsement for Kamala to be the nominee of our party this year," he said.

Thing is, Harris was a strict OPPONENT of Joe's in the 2020 primary, they were heatedly AGAINST each other, she was highly CRITICAL of Joe's policies, and she was first to drop out as the least popular, least funded candidate.

:oops8:

Forum List

Back