What Happens to All of The Interest That Accrues on The Money That The Government Isn't Paying Out?

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
I read today that approximately 40% of the workforce for the federal government is made up of contract workers, whom apparently are not guaranteed any back pay when the government shutdown resumes.

So there are all of these hundreds of thousands of workers who aren't drawing a paycheck, the money to pay them presumably is sitting in an interest bearing account until it's needed right? So is our government making money (interest) but refusing to pay it's workers?

Really? What do you think a secure bank account is going to make in interest, 2% a year if you’re lucky. It’s peanuts, a nothing burger in reality.

Look, just say you hate Trump, everything about Trump, and you blame him for everything. It’s better than trying to make an issue out of micro pennies.

Oh...that.

Actually, it all goes to me.

A sweet deal I made with the government.

Really? What do you think a secure bank account is going to make in interest, 2% a year if you’re lucky. It’s peanuts, a nothing burger in reality.

Look, just say you hate Trump, everything about Trump, and you blame him for everything. It’s better than trying to make an issue out of micro pennies.
Uh huh... don't want to think about it huh?

Uh huh... don't want to think about it huh?
I just do not trust propaganda. I am so jaded now that I question the Tuskagee Airmen that you show and the math women for NASA. Not that they are not better then me which is true, but they were not the best.

I just do not trust propaganda. I am so jaded now that I question the Tuskagee Airmen that you show and the math women for NASA. Not that they are not better then me which is true, but they were not the best.
What propaganda?

There are ways to verify information, scientists do it, journalists do it, and lots of every day people do it as well. So what do you refuse to believe and on what are you basing your opinion that my grandfather and/or the African American women at NASA whose stories were told in the movie Hidden Figures were not "the best"? Do you honestly think white people back then would have tolerated the presence of black people in their work environment unless they were able to do something that they themselves were unable to do?

I read today that approximately 40% of the workforce for the federal government is made up of contract workers, whom apparently are not guaranteed any back pay when the government shutdown resumes.

So there are all of these hundreds of thousands of workers who aren't drawing a paycheck, the money to pay them presumably is sitting in an interest bearing account until it's needed right? So is our government making money (interest) but refusing to pay it's workers?
Why couldn't you have asked this stupid ass question in one of the other shutdown threads? Really?

What propaganda?

There are ways to verify information, scientists do it, journalists do it, and lots of every day people do it as well. So what do you refuse to believe and on what are you basing your opinion that my grandfather and/or the African American women at NASA whose stories were told in the movie Hidden Figures were not "the best"? Do you honestly think white people back then would have tolerated the presence of black people in their work environment unless they were able to do something that they themselves were unable to do?
I just do not see the current NASA with that. Even though they promote the agency with massive women and minority derived diversity ways. With all of the political corruption it costs even more for manned endeavours. I agree with the tolerance back then. I just do not believe in the bullchitt games of today. And those who control the message can spout what they want. I love inclusion with us all in everything we do. I abhor bullcrap with videos showing women and minorities leading the way in everything we see on TV stations. There is a difference. Propaganda is propaganda. Watch propaganda movies. If a black guy is a computer genius in a military movie we then orient in real life to Africa and they are a century behind. I turn off anything broadcast with the crap we are constantly attacked with. I do not beieve anything anymore. We can have a nuclear war and the cable TV stations can show mushroom clouds and I would not believe them. And man people purchasing weapons in those semi rural and rural hinterlands are going to protect themselves.

Why couldn't you have asked this stupid ass question in one of the other shutdown threads? Really?
I put it here as bait to lure you to this site so that everyone could see what an ass you are.

What propaganda?

I just do not see the current NASA with that. Even though they promote the agency with massive women and minority derived diversity ways. With all of the political corruption it costs even more for manned endeavours. I agree with the tolerance back then. I just do not believe in the bullchitt games of today. And those who control the message can spout what they want. I love inclusion with us all in everything we do. I abhor bullcrap with videos showing women and minorities leading the way in everything we see on TV stations. There is a difference. Propaganda is propaganda. Watch propaganda movies. If a black guy is a computer genius in a military movie we then orient in real life to Africa and they are a century behind. I turn off anything broadcast with the crap we are constantly attacked with. I do not beieve anything anymore. We can have a nuclear war and the cable TV stations can show mushroom clouds and I would not believe them. And man people purchasing weapons in those semi rural and rural hinterlands are going to protect themselves.
You know being educated, knowledgeable and informed on things like civics, current events, history, legal premises and U.S. government operation/policy goes a long way toward alleviating the stress induced when things are occurring around you that you either can't understand or can't discern whether they are a threat or not.

And man people purchasing weapons in those semi rural and rural hinterlands are going to protect themselves.
What are you implying?

What propaganda?

So what you;re saying is that you're a racist bigot, for whom English isn't your first language (Russian perhaps), and you don't believe that American blacks are strong, brave or smart, because Africa is not a modern continent.

I put it here as bait to lure you to this site so that everyone could see what an ass you are.
Kinda backfired back to you. Don't sweat it. It happens. Might I suggest a long walk on a short pier.

Forum List

Back