What have the poor done to deserve our support?

Those of you who call yourselves Christians need not ask this question if you are a true follower of Christ.

Anyone who is a true follower of christ knows you give personally and from your own heart... not having it raped from you whether you have the calling to give it or not

And in a country based on freedom... you have the freedom to be a miserly prick too, even if ones like you don't like it and want to be generous with someone else's money

It's amazing the people who push this crap think if you aren't paying taxes to the gov't then no charitable acts wil ever take place.
The truth is that the govt is the least efficient method of distributing anything that might actually help people. But in general gov't programs increase poverty and dependence. Which is probably the idea.

The truth is that charities are the least efficient. On top of exorbitant salaries of some charity CEOs, they have high overhead and are feast or famine depending on contributions

Public charities are a nice stopgap but they are incapable of handling the volume that the government can.

No country on earth relies on public charities to handle all their public welfare

"But lots of people are. And they are the problem, simply because they cause a demand on other people's resources."

And that is also fine and dandy but that gives you no right to slander those who make no such demands.

Put them to work? Put them? No, but they can choose to. Lots of people do.

So you think an active duty member of the military whose family qualifies for food stamps should get a parttime job (is that even legal?!) so that he makes enough to not be qualified for food stamps?

You see, this is why I'm right when I say conservatism is dead.

The only active duty personnel I ever saw in 23yrs that needed food stamps were the ones that enlisted with a family all ready or got married too young and started a family. If a man or woman enlists at 18 and waits 3 or 4 years until they are at least E-4 or E-5 when they qualify for military housing, they can raise a family with no problem on military pay.

Ah, I see.

Put them to work? Put them? No, but they can choose to. Lots of people do.

So you think an active duty member of the military whose family qualifies for food stamps should get a parttime job (is that even legal?!) so that he makes enough to not be qualified for food stamps?

The only active duty personnel I ever saw in 23yrs that needed food stamps were the ones that enlisted with a family all ready or got married too young and started a family. If a man or woman enlists at 18 and waits 3 or 4 years until they are at least E-4 or E-5 when they qualify for military housing, they can raise a family with no problem on military pay.

That depends, an E-4 or an E-5 with a spouse and kids who lives on a base in California or Hawaii would probably qualify for food stamps because the cost of living is so outragreously high in those places, I was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base in Santa Barbara country and everyone who wasn't an E-7 or above was struggling like hell to make ends meet, the cash checking places were always packed with enlisted folks on the
1st and 15th when we got paid.

Another,,,,,,hate the poor thread! OK, OK, we got the point! So why read another redundant thread?

The far right, who thinks they own Christianity, but don't think they have to serve God's will if they disagree with God's teachings. God's will only counts, when it serves their purpose. Got it.

Last edited:
In frequent threads here the brain-dead leftists moan about how the "idle rich" (like there is such a thing) don't deserve their money. But look at the other side. The poor in this country enjoy a lifestyle envied by even middle class people in most of the world. What have they done to deserve this? The idlest of the idle rich invest money and help other hard working people get ahead. The poor simply absorb tax payer funding and have babies.

"Are there no prisons? Are there no poor houses?"

"But lots of people are. And they are the problem, simply because they cause a demand on other people's resources."

And that is also fine and dandy but that gives you no right to slander those who make no such demands.
If you wouldn't demand the taxpayer subsidize your gasoline in every post I might take you seriously.

Anyone who is a true follower of christ knows you give personally and from your own heart... not having it raped from you whether you have the calling to give it or not

And in a country based on freedom... you have the freedom to be a miserly prick too, even if ones like you don't like it and want to be generous with someone else's money

It's amazing the people who push this crap think if you aren't paying taxes to the gov't then no charitable acts wil ever take place.
The truth is that the govt is the least efficient method of distributing anything that might actually help people. But in general gov't programs increase poverty and dependence. Which is probably the idea.

The truth is that charities are the least efficient. On top of exorbitant salaries of some charity CEOs, they have high overhead and are feast or famine depending on contributions

Public charities are a nice stopgap but they are incapable of handling the volume that the government can.

No country on earth relies on public charities to handle all their public welfare

They are actually the most efficient, far more than the gov't, in part because they are there, while the gov't is in Washington.
The more bureaucrats run charities, the mroe people who need them. The more private sources run charities, the less people need them. Moral in there somewhere.

That depends, an E-4 or an E-5 with a spouse and kids who lives on a base in California or Hawaii would probably qualify for food stamps because the cost of living is so outragreously high in those places, I was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base in Santa Barbara country and everyone who wasn't an E-7 or above was struggling like hell to make ends meet, the cash checking places were always packed with enlisted folks on the
1st and 15th when we got paid.

If they live in on base housing, thier rent is covered. Unfoutantely, most base have limited housing and they go to married E-4's and above.

Last edited:
In frequent threads here the brain-dead leftists moan about how the "idle rich" (like there is such a thing) don't deserve their money. But look at the other side. The poor in this country enjoy a lifestyle envied by even middle class people in most of the world. What have they done to deserve this? The idlest of the idle rich invest money and help other hard working people get ahead. The poor simply absorb tax payer funding and have babies.

Sometimes people ARE in difficult situations, especially financially, however those with enough brains are not satisfied with their position so they move on, and in some situations become the 1% or comfortable financially.

They were carried-to-term?

:eusa_eh:
That's what I'd expected.

You pro-life pricks could (almost) GIVE-a-fuck about anyone.....after they're BORN.....you sadistic, fuckin' ASSHOLES!!!!

Reminds me of a Robin Williams' routine where he basically talks about all the pro-life people and how they demand this and that, and how a baby deserves to be born. And then he says "and what does a pro-life person say when you go up to them with the off-spring of a crack-whore who has terminal AIDS?"

"Not our problem!"...

They were carried-to-term?

:eusa_eh:
That's what I'd expected.

You pro-life pricks could (almost) GIVE-a-fuck about anyone.....after they're BORN.....you sadistic, fuckin' ASSHOLES!!!!

Reminds me of a Robin Williams' routine where he basically talks about all the pro-life people and how they demand this and that, and how a baby deserves to be born. And then he says "and what does a pro-life person say when you go up to them with the off-spring of a crack-whore who has terminal AIDS?"

"Not our problem!"...

Bingo!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_RnxYdrqU]Hard times generation: homeless kids - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back