What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Reagan was a RINO?

Man...how far you guys have fallen. As the saying goes, for Trump supporters, you used to wonder when they would hit bottom. Now you wonder if there is a bottom for "people" like yourself.

PS: Would you be for sterilization of those that we kidnap? If not...why not? Wouldn't that send a message that is more serious than merely housing and feeding them--a virtual vacation--if that is your goal; to scare the shit out of people just for the sake of doing it?

Well I'm not going to play that typical liberal extremist game with you. Why not just ask if we should put those kids in hot factories and make them work 12 hour shifts? You people do this crap all the time in discussions.

Reagan said one of his biggest mistakes as President was granting amnesty.

And the jobs that go along with making and selling them???

Most of that crap is made in China. Do you know what it takes to get a patent? It's not a lot of hard work. Make an ink pen cleaner and you can get a patent on it; you can get a patent on anything. That doesn't mean it's productive or was produced or sold.

Incredible....

So 1/2 of the patents go to people of foreign origin...
That means 1/2 go to natives.

If Immigrants are not contributing anything in terms of new products, ideas, etc...neither are Americans then. Whatever.

Good discussion. I've learned a lot about conservatives; all of it disgusting.
And conservatives have gone above and beyond the call of disgusting by prohibiting those seeking asylum from doing so.

The reprehensible right, indeed.

If we had to give asylum to everybody that had a crappy country to live in, we would have over 2 billion people here. And again, it's not about asylum, it's about finding ways to sneak into this country without standing in line like everybody else.
Over the last 26 years we have granted asylum to 1.9 million people. That's only .5% of the US population.

Unlike refugees, asylum seekers must apply at a US port of entry or an asylum office within the US. There is no special visa for them nor does the US provide any transportation or living expenses until their initial application gets approval which takes between 7 to 45 days. During that time they must support themselves. If they do not have a visa they are not allowed in the US. If they are allowed in the US they can not work.

Once they get their first approval, they are allowed in the US. Unless they have a visa they will be detained. It will normally take 6 Mons to investigate them. Only 40% will be granted asylum. They will then be granted a work permit and will receive help with getting a job and adjustment to life in the US. After 1 year they can apply for permanent residence provide they have not violated any of rules which include no arrest for any felony, association with know criminals, of falsification of any information given to immigration. They also must maintain employment.

It appears that the asylum programs is very effective. In 2016, the crime rate for those granted asylum is lower than permanent residents and US citizen. Over 90% were employed.

Considering what these people have gone through, their sacrifices they have made to get here, and the success of the program, it seems the hatred that people express toward them is really unwarranted.

Table 16. Individuals Granted Asylum Affirmatively Or Defensively: Fiscal Years 1990 To 2016
Asylum in the United States - Wikipedia

Man...how far you guys have fallen. As the saying goes, for Trump supporters, you used to wonder when they would hit bottom. Now you wonder if there is a bottom for "people" like yourself.

PS: Would you be for sterilization of those that we kidnap? If not...why not? Wouldn't that send a message that is more serious than merely housing and feeding them--a virtual vacation--if that is your goal; to scare the shit out of people just for the sake of doing it?

Well I'm not going to play that typical liberal extremist game with you. Why not just ask if we should put those kids in hot factories and make them work 12 hour shifts? You people do this crap all the time in discussions.

Most of that crap is made in China. Do you know what it takes to get a patent? It's not a lot of hard work. Make an ink pen cleaner and you can get a patent on it; you can get a patent on anything. That doesn't mean it's productive or was produced or sold.
I don't think you will find a quote by Reagan to that effect. What you will find is a state senator from Arizona in a Brietbart News interview with Trump who said Ed Rollins, a campaign director for Reagan said, "President Reagan’s biggest regret as president was granting amnesty and then trusting Congress to deliver on border security."

The fact is the amnesty part worked fine. Out of 3 million eligible undocumented immigrants, 2.9 million applied for amnesty. What didn't work was the legislation to secure the boarder which never made it through congress. In other words, Reagan signed a bill granting amnesty which didn't have the resources he said was needed to secure the boarder and increasing boarder security was the reason for the bill. :cuckoo:

Boarder security is magnitudes better that in 1986. There were approximate 3200 boarder patrol agents. Today there are over 19,000. There were 3 aerial surveillance planes. Today there are dozens of aircraft, radar installations, and electronic sensing, none of which existed in 1986. Fencing where it existed was mostly barbwire cattle fences. Today there is 700 miles of reinforced fencing and over a hundred miles of electronic fencing. There was almost no penalty for hiring illegals. There was no E-Verify and the only way immigration found visa over stays was from informants. The results of improved security and changes in the law has dramatically reduced the number of illegal entries. In 2016, Homeland security estimated that were 170,000 southern boarder intrusions. In 2000 the number was estimated to be approximate 1 million. In prior years the boarder was so lightly paroled and the census did not collect any information on undocumented immigrants, there was no way of estimating the number of intrusions.

There is no reason to believe that an immigration bill today that included some legalization would turn out as in 1986.
Did Ronald Reagan regret 1986 immigrant 'amnesty' law?

Right you are; as per usual.

The argument (conservatives would have you believe) is about economics and that they just love everyone unless you come here for a job illegally. Then they are for kidnapping. Seems like a bizarre stance but okay.

Here are the facts about income…

The average income of Americans has risen since Reagan and his amnesty and the supposed illegal immigration crisis. We definitely have more wealthy people than we did under Reagan. There seems to be no serious economic detriment to having immigrant populations in our midst.

View attachment 198436

But wouldn’t it stand to reason that if you’re worried about an illegal/undocumented person taking your job…wouldn’t you be equally as worried about a legal/documented person taking your job. Actually, even more so. Presumably, your job includes some sort of skill on your part. Who is more likely to have that skill? A guy who comes across the southern border via coyote or smuggled in the bed of a pick up truck or the guy who patiently goes through the steps to get a work visa and doing what it takes to qualify for such a document? The threat from the latter seems more potent than the threat from the former. So the jobs/income argument makes zero sense.

It’s more a function of not wanting “beaners” here as Kondor3 put it, I suspect.
What really galls me is the people on this board and elsewhere that consider themselves god's gift to American simply because they happened to be born in the good old USA. Most of them have never served this country in any manner, yet they consider themselves patriots. They have never gone hungry a day in their life, never fought to get an education or job, never had to be concerned where their next meal was coming form. And yet they scoff and ridicule people that have truly suffered in their lives from real oppression and have sacrificed all they had just for a chance to live in American.

I think I should sign off tonight before I really get pissed.

I don't think you will find a quote by Reagan to that effect. What you will find is a state senator from Arizona in a Brietbart News interview with Trump who said Ed Rollins, a campaign director for Reagan said, "President Reagan’s biggest regret as president was granting amnesty and then trusting Congress to deliver on border security."

The fact is the amnesty part worked fine. Out of 3 million eligible undocumented immigrants, 2.9 million applied for amnesty. What didn't work was the legislation to secure the boarder which never made it through congress. In other words, Reagan signed a bill granting amnesty which didn't have the resources he said was needed to secure the boarder and increasing boarder security was the reason for the bill. :cuckoo:

Boarder security is magnitudes better that in 1986. There were approximate 3200 boarder patrol agents. Today there are over 19,000. There were 3 aerial surveillance planes. Today there are dozens of aircraft, radar installations, and electronic sensing, none of which existed in 1986. Fencing where it existed was mostly barbwire cattle fences. Today there is 700 miles of reinforced fencing and over a hundred miles of electronic fencing. There was almost no penalty for hiring illegals. There was no E-Verify and the only way immigration found visa over stays was from informants. The results of improved security and changes in the law has dramatically reduced the number of illegal entries. In 2016, Homeland security estimated that were 170,000 southern boarder intrusions. In 2000 the number was estimated to be approximate 1 million. In prior years the boarder was so lightly paroled and the census did not collect any information on undocumented immigrants, there was no way of estimating the number of intrusions.

There is no reason to believe that an immigration bill today that included some legalization would turn out as in 1986.

The argument (conservatives would have you believe) is about economics and that they just love everyone unless you come here for a job illegally. Then they are for kidnapping. Seems like a bizarre stance but okay.

The average income of Americans has risen since Reagan and his amnesty and the supposed illegal immigration crisis. We definitely have more wealthy people than we did under Reagan. There seems to be no serious economic detriment to having immigrant populations in our midst.

View attachment 198436

But wouldn’t it stand to reason that if you’re worried about an illegal/undocumented person taking your job…wouldn’t you be equally as worried about a legal/documented person taking your job. Actually, even more so. Presumably, your job includes some sort of skill on your part. Who is more likely to have that skill? A guy who comes across the southern border via coyote or smuggled in the bed of a pick up truck or the guy who patiently goes through the steps to get a work visa and doing what it takes to qualify for such a document? The threat from the latter seems more potent than the threat from the former. So the jobs/income argument makes zero sense.

It’s more a function of not wanting “beaners” here as Kondor3 put it, I suspect.
What really galls me is the people on this board and elsewhere that consider themselves god's gift to American simply because they happened to be born in the good old USA. Most of them have never served this country in any manner, yet they consider themselves patriots. They have never gone hungry a day in their life, never fought to get an education or job, never had to be concerned where their next meal was coming form. And yet they scoff and ridicule people that have truly suffered in their lives from real oppression and have sacrificed all they had just for a chance to live in American.

The United States accepts a million people a year into this country. There are not many countries that are so generous. We are a world of 7.5 billion people, and many of them wish they had our good fortunes; and we are willing to help some of them out. But we can't open this country to everybody that has a problem in their country. We don't have the room, don't have the resources, and we are are 20 trillion in debt.

We have asylum and it's pretty well described. We have a system to get asylum in this country. We have rules and regulations on how to get permits, Visa's, green cards, and citizenship in this country. Sorry if we on the right insist that everybody play by the same rules.

View attachment 198436

The way I put it is this; everyone born here is born on 2nd base. The difference is that some people believe they hit a double and others recognize the head start.

Do go away mad brah! :p Your suffering masses somehow had the energy to fuck each other like animals. And then deliver the low IQ, inbred savages in my country to steal benefits from citizens who actually are responsible, law abiding, and tax paying.

The way I put it is this; everyone born here is born on 2nd base. The difference is that some people believe they hit a double and others recognize the head start.

Yes, evolution is an amazing yet cruel thing. Baseball is not the difference, DNA is the difference. Sorry! :p

...It’s more a function of not wanting “beaners” here as Kondor3 put it, I suspect.
Oh, there's that alright... this is Nova Europa, not Nuevo Azteca... but it's also (and predominantly, for many) economics.

Ask any native-born American Citizen roofer or plumber-helper or landscaper or other worker-bee whose trade no longer offers a Living Wage, thanks to Illegal Beaners.

But that's merely a viable defense articulating why we don't want them here.

November 8, 2016 taught us that Middle America has had a bellyful of Liberal-Progressive cultural suicide, illegals-accommodation and vote-whoring for Latinos.

In practice, at present, it is enough to say that none of that $hit matters; it's our country, our rules, our laws, and we can do whatever-the-hell we want in that regard.

We are not obliged to defend an Anti-Illegals stance while in a position of political strength and while pursuing an aggressive remedy to this infestation of Illegal Aliens.

They are here illegally.

They go.

Last edited:
Snots, you should be the last one to deride 'low IQ, inbred savages'.
Have a look in a mirror.

Mouse, please address the facts of the topic. For the record, I have several college degrees. Did you graduate from high school by any chance? If so, where, and did you sue for reparations! :p

Doesn't matter... there was a time we needed and wanted immigrants... that time has come and gone... we're now "Full Up"... fun time's over, kiddies.

We are no longer a "nation of immigrants"... we are now a "nation of the DESCENDANTS of immigrants"... this isn't 1848... this is 2018... that time is behind us now.

We are Nova Europa... not Nuevo Azteca.

Again...how small.
Doesn't matter... we're now turning the screws on your little Beaner Buddies and they're beginning to get the message... close enough for Gubmint work.

Ahhh racial slurs now. How small...how very small

That's really what this is all about. Keeping America a white majority. None of them have the balls to actually say so.

I will. That is part of it. So if you're white, what's wrong with that? What other group of people besides white liberals would support a government trying to make them a minority in their own country?

That's all of it and like I said, you won't admit it.

White folks are already the minority on the planet, dope. As people migrate around the world, populations will increasingly reflect that fact. I'm not afraid of that.

Incredible....

If Immigrants are not contributing anything in terms of new products, ideas, etc...neither are Americans then. Whatever.

And conservatives have gone above and beyond the call of disgusting by prohibiting those seeking asylum from doing so.

If we had to give asylum to everybody that had a crappy country to live in, we would have over 2 billion people here. And again, it's not about asylum, it's about finding ways to sneak into this country without standing in line like everybody else.

That's just it, dope. We don't let in everyone who applies for asylum. There is a process in place to make the determination on their "standing". Asylum applicants are not criminals and have a right to due process under the law.

...And conservatives have gone above and beyond the call of disgusting by prohibiting those seeking asylum from doing so. The reprehensible right, indeed.
Maybe if you LibTards had not made it possible for every Beaner with a stubbed toe to claim asylum, it would not have come to this.

Too late now, little snowflake.

Long-term policies working against the interests of American Citizens have consequences.

These are yours.

Enjoy.

Claiming asylum and being granted asylum are two different things, loser.

View attachment 198436

And some seem to think that requires them to let people wander in off the street and start running the bases as though they're part of the team.

...And conservatives have gone above and beyond the call of disgusting by prohibiting those seeking asylum from doing so. The reprehensible right, indeed.
Maybe if you LibTards had not made it possible for every Beaner with a stubbed toe to claim asylum, it would not have come to this.

Too late now, little snowflake.

Long-term policies working against the interests of American Citizens have consequences.

These are yours.

Enjoy.

Claiming asylum and being granted asylum are two different things, loser.
None of that $hit matters at the moment...

In politics, perception is everything...

You and yours are now perceived as standing alongside Illegal Aliens rather than your own fellow countrymen...

Terrible Optics...

Optics which resulted in the outcome of the November 8, 2016 election...

In light of that outcome... if you're looking for a "loser", I suggest you look in the mirror.

Liberals-Progressives-Democrats are responsible for the Imperial Cheeto, because ya'll are too dense to understand those Optics.

Incredible....

That's just it, dope. We don't let in everyone who applies for asylum. There is a process in place to make the determination on their "standing". Asylum applicants are not criminals and have a right to due process under the law.

Yep, and with the time and money spent, we could be doing better things for our country instead. They come here knowing they don't have the qualifications to be granted asylum you dope.

Again...how small.
Doesn't matter... we're now turning the screws on your little Beaner Buddies and they're beginning to get the message... close enough for Gubmint work.

That's really what this is all about. Keeping America a white majority. None of them have the balls to actually say so.

I will. That is part of it. So if you're white, what's wrong with that? What other group of people besides white liberals would support a government trying to make them a minority in their own country?

White folks are already the minority on the planet, dope. As people migrate around the world, populations will increasingly reflect that fact. I'm not afraid of that.

Then you're probably a minority or a Surrender First white. If you're a minority, then of course you don't care. If you are a surrender first white, then I ask that you move to an all minority community to see how you're treated there first.

Yes, whites are a minority in the world. Did you ever ask why most of the world always want to be where the whites are? Think about that for a few days.

View attachment 198436

Really? That's the exact came analogy many on the left use when discussing wealth in our country.

If you are born on 2nd base, everybody should start off on 2nd base.

"People say it's wrong to get ahead because getting ahead leaves others behind. Well if we all moved ahead the same distance at the same time, then nobody gets ahead."
Brian Kilmeade

Then you're probably a minority or a Surrender First white. If you're a minority, then of course you don't care. If you are a surrender first white, then I ask that you move to an all minority community to see how you're treated there first.

Yes, whites are a minority in the world. Did you ever ask why most of the world always want to be where the whites are? Think about that for a few days.

As I suspected; it has nothing to do with illegal immigrants taking jobs. Because if you have any skill at all, the illegal alien isn’t taking your job, a skilled person will.

Its about ethnic cleansing…

So much for the shining city on the hill.

No. I don't care because race is meaningless.
Only a racist draws distinctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back