What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Reagan was a RINO?

Man...how far you guys have fallen. As the saying goes, for Trump supporters, you used to wonder when they would hit bottom. Now you wonder if there is a bottom for "people" like yourself.

PS: Would you be for sterilization of those that we kidnap? If not...why not? Wouldn't that send a message that is more serious than merely housing and feeding them--a virtual vacation--if that is your goal; to scare the shit out of people just for the sake of doing it?

Well I'm not going to play that typical liberal extremist game with you. Why not just ask if we should put those kids in hot factories and make them work 12 hour shifts? You people do this crap all the time in discussions.

Reagan said one of his biggest mistakes as President was granting amnesty.

And the jobs that go along with making and selling them???

Most of that crap is made in China. Do you know what it takes to get a patent? It's not a lot of hard work. Make an ink pen cleaner and you can get a patent on it; you can get a patent on anything. That doesn't mean it's productive or was produced or sold.

Incredible....

So 1/2 of the patents go to people of foreign origin...
That means 1/2 go to natives.

If Immigrants are not contributing anything in terms of new products, ideas, etc...neither are Americans then. Whatever.

Good discussion. I've learned a lot about conservatives; all of it disgusting.

...immigrant entrepreneurs are currently starting businesses at a rate roughly twice that of native-born...
Doesn't matter... there was a time we needed and wanted immigrants... that time has come and gone... we're now "Full Up"... fun time's over, kiddies.

We are no longer a "nation of immigrants"... we are now a "nation of the DESCENDANTS of immigrants"... this isn't 1848... this is 2018... that time is behind us now.

We are Nova Europa... not Nuevo Azteca.

Again...how small.
Doesn't matter... we're now turning the screws on your little Beaner Buddies and they're beginning to get the message... close enough for Gubmint work.

And you wonder why people call you racist...maybe the racial slurs would be your first clue.

Man...how far you guys have fallen. As the saying goes, for Trump supporters, you used to wonder when they would hit bottom. Now you wonder if there is a bottom for "people" like yourself.

PS: Would you be for sterilization of those that we kidnap? If not...why not? Wouldn't that send a message that is more serious than merely housing and feeding them--a virtual vacation--if that is your goal; to scare the shit out of people just for the sake of doing it?

Well I'm not going to play that typical liberal extremist game with you. Why not just ask if we should put those kids in hot factories and make them work 12 hour shifts? You people do this crap all the time in discussions.

Most of that crap is made in China. Do you know what it takes to get a patent? It's not a lot of hard work. Make an ink pen cleaner and you can get a patent on it; you can get a patent on anything. That doesn't mean it's productive or was produced or sold.

Incredible....

If Immigrants are not contributing anything in terms of new products, ideas, etc...neither are Americans then. Whatever.

And conservatives have gone above and beyond the call of disgusting by prohibiting those seeking asylum from doing so.

The reprehensible right, indeed.

Incredible....

And conservatives have gone above and beyond the call of disgusting by prohibiting those seeking asylum from doing so.

The next President will have a lot of work to do restoring America's greatness.

Incredible....

If we had to give asylum to everybody that had a crappy country to live in, we would have over 2 billion people here. And again, it's not about asylum, it's about finding ways to sneak into this country without standing in line like everybody else.

Incredible....

Yes, Americans make a lot of crap nobody needs as well. What you were trying to do is equate that patents mean they are greatly contributing to our society. I'd be willing to bet that if somebody did the research, probably less than 2% of those patents are for things that people actually buy on a regular basis.

I wrote songs that I had copyrights for. It cost me 20 bucks each and all I did was send them a recording of the songs. That was it. Took me ten minutes. They sent me back the official copyright certification. It doesn't mean I did anything great. Millions of musicians do the same thing every year.

Incredible....

Yes, Americans make a lot of crap nobody needs as well. What you were trying to do is equate that patents mean they are greatly contributing to our society. I'd be willing to bet that if somebody did the research, probably less than 2% of those patents are for things that people actually buy on a regular basis.

I wrote songs that I had copyrights for. It cost me 20 bucks each and all I did was send them a recording of the songs. That was it. Took me ten minutes. They sent me back the official copyright certification. It doesn't mean I did anything great. Millions of musicians do the same thing every year.

Ok.

...immigrant entrepreneurs are currently starting businesses at a rate roughly twice that of native-born...
Doesn't matter... there was a time we needed and wanted immigrants... that time has come and gone... we're now "Full Up"... fun time's over, kiddies.

We are no longer a "nation of immigrants"... we are now a "nation of the DESCENDANTS of immigrants"... this isn't 1848... this is 2018... that time is behind us now.

Again...how small.
Doesn't matter... we're now turning the screws on your little Beaner Buddies and they're beginning to get the message... close enough for Gubmint work.

And you wonder why people call you racist...maybe the racial slurs would be your first clue.
That has nothing to do with the fact that the United States is now turning the screws on your little Beaner Buddies. Enjoy.

...And conservatives have gone above and beyond the call of disgusting by prohibiting those seeking asylum from doing so. The reprehensible right, indeed.
Maybe if you LibTards had not made it possible for every Beaner with a stubbed toe to claim asylum, it would not have come to this.

Too late now, little snowflake.

Long-term policies working against the interests of American Citizens have consequences.

These are yours.

Enjoy.

Again...how small.

That has nothing to do with the fact that the United States is now turning the screws on your little Beaner Buddies. Enjoy.

More racial slurs. Do you do that because you think it makes me mad or do you just enjoy exhibiting how stupid you are?

Again...how small.

More racial slurs. Do you do that because you think it makes me mad or do you just enjoy exhibiting how stupid you are?
Yes.

I am as dumb as a box-o-rox... but I DO so love pi$$ing-off you idiots who stand alongside Illegal Aliens rather than fellow Americans.

Foolish, myopic ideologues who are incapable of absorbing that primal lesson from the outcome of the November 8, 2016 election.

Last edited:

Incredible....

Gosh, I know I'M devastated that something like you doesn't approve of me. I'm sure my fellow conservatives are equally distraught at having not met your standards.

Incredible....

The next President will have a lot of work to do restoring America's greatness.

Unless he defines it the way a sane person would, in which case, Trump has already gotten him partway there.

1514673165253.jpg
Jeff Sessions just announced a massive shift in asylum protections for victims of gang and domestic violence

John Haltiwanger
Jun. 11, 2018, 5:14 PM

• Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday announced broad new restrictions on who can qualify asylum in the United States that effectively blocks most victims of gang or domestic violence.
  • "Generally, claims by aliens pertaining to domestic violence or gang violence perpetrated by non-governmental actors will not qualify for asylum," Sessions said in his ruling.
  • Sessions has claimed asylum seekers are "gaming" the US immigration system, and this move is seemingly designed to prevent that.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday announced broad new restrictions on who can obtain asylum in the United States that effectively blocks most victims of gang or domestic violence from qualifying.

The attorney general's decision could impact thousands of asylum seekers and has sweeping implications for US immigration courts.

"Generally, claims by aliens pertaining to domestic violence or gang violence perpetrated by non-governmental actors will not qualify for asylum," Sessions said in a ruling.

"The mere fact that a country may have problems effectively policing certain crimes—such as domestic violence or gang violence—or that certain populations are more likely to be victims of crime, cannot itself establish an asylum claim," the ruling added.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

The issue isn't allowing or not allowing them to stay. Read the OP.
So the answer is to put kids in jail with their criminal parents?
No, in a family detention center. Throwing these kids in foster care is not only more expensive, more devastating for the kids, but you can bet the US government is going lose a bunch of them. They've lost track of 1500. Then you're going to have parents in the headlines being thrown out of the country without their kids. How incredible stupid and it's all about one man's ego.
They haven't lost track of any kids....that information was very misleading. Also, how many family detention centers actually exist? Shall we build "family centers" to feed, house, clothe and educate illegals indefinitely? How is that saving money? If you want to save money, we need to build a wall and keep illegals on the other side of it.

The answer to the problem is to keep illegals out and those that are here.....send the entire family back where they came from as soon as possible.

I don't think you will find a quote by Reagan to that effect. What you will find is a state senator from Arizona in a Brietbart News interview with Trump who said Ed Rollins, a campaign director for Reagan said, "President Reagan’s biggest regret as president was granting amnesty and then trusting Congress to deliver on border security."

The fact is the amnesty part worked fine. Out of 3 million eligible undocumented immigrants, 2.9 million applied for amnesty. What didn't work was the legislation to secure the boarder which never made it through congress. In other words, Reagan signed a bill granting amnesty which didn't have the resources he said was needed to secure the boarder and increasing boarder security was the reason for the bill. :cuckoo:

Boarder security is magnitudes better that in 1986. There were approximate 3200 boarder patrol agents. Today there are over 19,000. There were 3 aerial surveillance planes. Today there are dozens of aircraft, radar installations, and electronic sensing, none of which existed in 1986. Fencing where it existed was mostly barbwire cattle fences. Today there is 700 miles of reinforced fencing and over a hundred miles of electronic fencing. There was almost no penalty for hiring illegals. There was no E-Verify and the only way immigration found visa over stays was from informants. The results of improved security and changes in the law has dramatically reduced the number of illegal entries. In 2016, Homeland security estimated that were 170,000 southern boarder intrusions. In 2000 the number was estimated to be approximate 1 million. In prior years the boarder was so lightly paroled and the census did not collect any information on undocumented immigrants, there was no way of estimating the number of intrusions.

There is no reason to believe that an immigration bill today that included some legalization would turn out as in 1986.
Did Ronald Reagan regret 1986 immigrant 'amnesty' law?

Last edited:

I don't think you will find a quote by Reagan to that effect. What you will find is a state senator from Arizona in a Brietbart News interview with Trump who said Ed Rollins, a campaign director for Reagan said, "President Reagan’s biggest regret as president was granting amnesty and then trusting Congress to deliver on border security."

The fact is the amnesty part worked fine. Out of 3 million eligible undocumented immigrants, 2.9 million applied for amnesty. What didn't work was the legislation to secure the boarder which never made it through congress. In other words, Reagan signed a bill granting amnesty which didn't have the resources he said was needed to secure the boarder and increasing boarder security was the reason for the bill. :cuckoo:

Boarder security is magnitudes better that in 1986. There were approximate 3200 boarder patrol agents. Today there are over 19,000. There were 3 aerial surveillance planes. Today there are dozens of aircraft, radar installations, and electronic sensing, none of which existed in 1986. Fencing where it existed was mostly barbwire cattle fences. Today there is 700 miles of reinforced fencing and over a hundred miles of electronic fencing. There was almost no penalty for hiring illegals. There was no E-Verify and the only way immigration found visa over stays was from informants. The results of improved security and changes in the law has dramatically reduced the number of illegal entries. In 2016, Homeland security estimated that were 170,000 southern boarder intrusions. In 2000 the number was estimated to be approximate 1 million. In prior years the boarder was so lightly paroled and the census did not collect any information on undocumented immigrants, there was no way of estimating the number of intrusions.

There is no reason to believe that an immigration bill today that included some legalization would turn out as in 1986.

So what you are saying is that advanced security measures worked, yet against the wall at the same time.

What it also says is that Democrats cannot be trusted. That's what Reagan found out. Since then, more and more illegals continued to invade our country; 12 million now the estimate, but some say that's an extremely conservative figure.

So amnesty didn't work, but stronger border protection did. I think it's reasonable to conclude that we need more improvements on our border, and no amnesty period.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
Border Control personnel have found Pashto to English translation pamphlets just over the border and some Pakistani's have been captured trying to cross illegally into the US via our southern border, thus they are getting into countries south of the border only to filter north across ours. There must absolutely be good border control to ensure that those crossing over, do so, by going through customs, so that they can be adequately vetted to ensure that those coming across are NOT, drug-cartel members, fugitive murderers, thieves, rapists.....or members of sleeper terrorist-cells.
So, I challenge you to answer this...…"How many deaths of Americans at the hands of illegal migrants are an acceptable number to allow for open borders?" Give a number please.
And, don't whine on about the children of illegal-migrants, they are still illegal and must be processed accordingly.

Right you are; as per usual.

The argument (conservatives would have you believe) is about economics and that they just love everyone unless you come here for a job illegally. Then they are for kidnapping. Seems like a bizarre stance but okay.

Here are the facts about income…

The average income of Americans has risen since Reagan and his amnesty and the supposed illegal immigration crisis. We definitely have more wealthy people than we did under Reagan. There seems to be no serious economic detriment to having immigrant populations in our midst.

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 11.10.40 PM.png

But wouldn’t it stand to reason that if you’re worried about an illegal/undocumented person taking your job…wouldn’t you be equally as worried about a legal/documented person taking your job. Actually, even more so. Presumably, your job includes some sort of skill on your part. Who is more likely to have that skill? A guy who comes across the southern border via coyote or smuggled in the bed of a pick up truck or the guy who patiently goes through the steps to get a work visa and doing what it takes to qualify for such a document? The threat from the latter seems more potent than the threat from the former. So the jobs/income argument makes zero sense.

It’s more a function of not wanting “beaners” here as Kondor3 put it, I suspect.

Incredible....

If we had to give asylum to everybody that had a crappy country to live in, we would have over 2 billion people here. And again, it's not about asylum, it's about finding ways to sneak into this country without standing in line like everybody else.
Over the last 26 years we have granted asylum to 1.9 million people. That's only .5% of the US population.

Unlike refugees, asylum seekers must apply at a US port of entry or an asylum office within the US. There is no special visa for them nor does the US provide any transportation or living expenses until their initial application gets approval which takes between 7 to 45 days. During that time they must support themselves. If they do not have a visa they are not allowed in the US. If they are allowed in the US they can not work.

Once they get their first approval, they are allowed in the US. Unless they have a visa they will be detained. It will normally take 6 Mons to investigate them. Only 40% will be granted asylum. They will then be granted a work permit and will receive help with getting a job and adjustment to life in the US. After 1 year they can apply for permanent residence provide they have not violated any of rules which include no arrest for any felony, association with know criminals, of falsification of any information given to immigration. They also must maintain employment.

It appears that the asylum programs is very effective. In 2016, the crime rate for those granted asylum is lower than permanent residents and US citizen. Over 90% were employed.

Considering what these people have gone through, their sacrifices they have made to get here, and the success of the program, it seems the hatred that people express toward them is really unwarranted.

Table 16. Individuals Granted Asylum Affirmatively Or Defensively: Fiscal Years 1990 To 2016
Asylum in the United States - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back