What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it's not like a shelter now is it.

Try to understand English. Children who are under government care are not allowed to wander away from that care. ANY children, including the ones in shelters. So yeah, it's like a shelter.

Effing illiterate leftists boobs.

Let's not call them shelters then.

Riiiiight. They're like shelters, so that means we shouldn't call them that.

Makes perfect sense . . . if you're a leftwing lunatic with oatmeal for brains.

They aren't shelters.

By the way, HOW many Congressmembers did you say you had called to demand legislation on this VERY serious problem that you care SO MUCH about?

There's already legislation up that every Democrat in the senate has signed onto that I agree with.

Have you called the White House and begged them to stop caving yet?

Try to understand English. Children who are under government care are not allowed to wander away from that care. ANY children, including the ones in shelters. So yeah, it's like a shelter.

Effing illiterate leftists boobs.

They aren't shelters.

By the way, HOW many Congressmembers did you say you had called to demand legislation on this VERY serious problem that you care SO MUCH about?

There's already legislation up that every Democrat in the senate has signed onto that I agree with.

Really? Specifically, what legislation have the Democrats given us to solve this problem? And why didn't they pass it back when they were in control of Congress?

Since they haven't "caved", no.

Again, there's no amount of lying you can do which will change the facts. Your steadfast determination to ignore everything Trump has said on this subject doesn't mean he didn't say it.

They aren't shelters.

Really? Specifically, what legislation have the Democrats given us to solve this problem? And why didn't they pass it back when they were in control of Congress?

There wasn't a policy of separating all families until Trump started it. Anyway, it's Diane Feinstein's bill, it's made news in the normal world, I guess it hasn't hit Alex Jones or Fox News or Zero Hedge, whatever shithole you get your news from.

Apparently they are going to stop separating families, did you miss that too? Or were you against it now all along?

Again, there's no amount of lying you can do which will change the facts. Your steadfast determination to ignore everything Trump has said on this subject doesn't mean he didn't say it.

Haven't lied one bit.

War-is-Peace.jpg ...So, "Happy Joy" Your word games will not change anything at all. You argue semantics, not truth. THE PLACES that these immigrant children are going to temporarily are DECENT by any means. MOST LIKELY these children have never had it this good, right, since they have been on a long, arduous road through Mexico, and left undesirable conditions elsewhere. My point is that THIS IS OUR COUNTRY and many of our citizens are SUFFERING in deplorable conditions in USA shelters. NO ONE CARES if they can leave or not. WHY did they fall into these awful cracks in the USA? No, it is not all their fault. IT IS THE COMPARISON of rotten "shelters" for our own citizens (that many look away from the sad reality of this suffering) WITH pretty decent conditions in the "shelters" for the newly arrived immigrant children. The sadness in separating from parents is EMOTIONAL, yet brief, and THE LYIN' MEDIA are out there filming what looks to most people like a RELIEF for these children in a WELCOMING WAY. The media is calling one thing another and misrepresenting the situation in a highly irresponsible manner.

Last edited:

They aren't shelters.

There wasn't a policy of separating all families until Trump started it. Anyway, it's Diane Feinstein's bill, it's made news in the normal world, I guess it hasn't hit Alex Jones or Fox News or Zero Hedge, whatever shithole you get your news from.

Apparently they are going to stop separating families, did you miss that too? Or were you against it now all along?

Haven't lied one bit.

No, there wasn't a policy of enforcing illegal immigration law until Trump started it.

Anyway, it's amazing how you're such a big fan of this bill, but can't actually tell me what it is.

It's a lie to say Trump "caved", or that he started a policy of separating families, or to pretend that he hasn't been calling for this law you pretend doesn't exist to be changed all along. Come to think of it, it's also a lie for you to pretend the Flores Settlement and the Ninth Circuit ruling regarding it don't exist.

Right, and that's been the Republican position. Cut illegal immigration THEN increase legal. How do we increase legal immigration when we're importing 1.8 million illegals a year between border crossings and visa overstays?

And if we did that, would you support actually stopping illegals with real means like walls and jail sentences? Of course not

Illegal immigration has already been cut, it's been low for quite some time and those that get caught are usually deported. So, now it's time to open up legal immigration and no, I don't believe in walls and don't see much of a point in holding those caught for a first time in our jails, deport them.
Yes, illegal immigration has been decreasing ever since Mexico recovered from the recession and boarder security was increased. In 2000, there was an estimated 1 million people attempted to cross the our southern boarder, 700,000 in 2006. In 2016, there were 170,000 arrested at the boarder and ICE estimates that they stopping more than 50% attempting to cross.

This trend makes it really tough for Trump because he just doesn't have enough illegal crossings to match deportation figures of previous presidents. It also makes his wall across the southern boarder less important.

At some point Trump is going to have to concentrate on interior arrests, more that 50 miles from the boarder. This is where most illegal immigrants live, those that did not enter the country illegally. It's also where most long term immigrants are found and where expedited deportation can't be use and undocumented immigrants must be heard in immigration court not criminal court.

Okay, dude, seriously. I generally ignore people's functional illiteracy on the Internet, but do you have any idea how difficult it is to think you're anything but a clueless moron on this subject when you can't even spell "border" correctly? How in the hell is anyone supposed to answer you as though you're a rational, thinking adult like this?

A "border" is a line separating two political or geographical areas, especially countries. A "boarder" is a person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services. Just because they sound alike doesn't make them the same word. English is, presumably, your mother tongue. PLEASE learn to communicate in it.
Typographical errors are you're response? That's pretty lame as well as being irrelevant.

No, dipshit, my responses are my response. Just because you're afraid to acknowledge my posts doesn't mean they aren't there. Go find them, and quit looking to excuse and deflect from the fact that you argue like an incoherent moron.

THIS is just pointing out that your functional illiteracy makes you look like someone who doesn't deserve the respect of serious answers, and also that reading your illiterate posts is like having sand in my swimsuit.

Oh bull
Separating the family is now a mute point since the orange clown just caved in under pressure from the party. He added that no one has had the "political courage" to take care of the issue which he claims has gone on for over 60 years. Wow, what a clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illegal immigration has already been cut, it's been low for quite some time and those that get caught are usually deported. So, now it's time to open up legal immigration and no, I don't believe in walls and don't see much of a point in holding those caught for a first time in our jails, deport them.
Yes, illegal immigration has been decreasing ever since Mexico recovered from the recession and boarder security was increased. In 2000, there was an estimated 1 million people attempted to cross the our southern boarder, 700,000 in 2006. In 2016, there were 170,000 arrested at the boarder and ICE estimates that they stopping more than 50% attempting to cross.

This trend makes it really tough for Trump because he just doesn't have enough illegal crossings to match deportation figures of previous presidents. It also makes his wall across the southern boarder less important.

At some point Trump is going to have to concentrate on interior arrests, more that 50 miles from the boarder. This is where most illegal immigrants live, those that did not enter the country illegally. It's also where most long term immigrants are found and where expedited deportation can't be use and undocumented immigrants must be heard in immigration court not criminal court.

Okay, dude, seriously. I generally ignore people's functional illiteracy on the Internet, but do you have any idea how difficult it is to think you're anything but a clueless moron on this subject when you can't even spell "border" correctly? How in the hell is anyone supposed to answer you as though you're a rational, thinking adult like this?

A "border" is a line separating two political or geographical areas, especially countries. A "boarder" is a person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services. Just because they sound alike doesn't make them the same word. English is, presumably, your mother tongue. PLEASE learn to communicate in it.
Typographical errors are you're response? That's pretty lame as well as being irrelevant.

No, dipshit, my responses are my response. Just because you're afraid to acknowledge my posts doesn't mean they aren't there. Go find them, and quit looking to excuse and deflect from the fact that you argue like an incoherent moron.

THIS is just pointing out that your functional illiteracy makes you look like someone who doesn't deserve the respect of serious answers, and also that reading your illiterate posts is like having sand in my swimsuit.

Oh bull
Separating the family is now a mute point since the orange clown just caved in under pressure from the party. He added that no one has had the "political courage" to take care of the issue which he claims has gone on for over 60 years. Wow, what a clown.

MOOT point. It's a MOOT point.

Jesus, who the fuck did you learn English from?

"The orange clown" has been calling for a change in the law the whole time. If you didn't know that, that's your problem, no one else's.

Migrant Caravan Heading To US Border Puts Mexico In Tough Spot With Trump
Local officials have offered lodging and arranged transport for the migrants, in a journey organized by immigrant advocacy group Pueblo Sin Fronteras.
World | Reuters | Updated: April 03, 2018 11:43 IST
by Taboola
mexico-immigrant-caravan-us-border_650x400_61522735427.jpg migrant-caravan-WEB-960x915.jpg
Central American migrants participating in a caravan heading to the US take rest in Matias

MEXICO/EDINBURGH: In some of the Mexican towns playing host to a "caravan" of more than 1,200 Central American migrants heading to the U.S. border, the welcome mat has been rolled out despite President Donald Trump's call for Mexican authorities to stop them.

Local officials have offered lodging in town squares and empty warehouses or arranged transport for the migrants, participants in a journey organized by the immigrant advocacy group Pueblo Sin Fronteras. The officials have conscripted buses, cars, ambulances and police trucks. But the help may not be entirely altruistic.

"The authorities want us to leave their cities," said Rodrigo Abeja, an organizer from Pueblo Sin Fronteras. "They've been helping us, in part to speed the massive group out of their jurisdictions."

At some point this spring, the caravan's 2,000-mile (3,200-km) journey that began at Tapachula near the Guatemalan border on March 25 will end at the U.S. border, where some of its members will apply for asylum, while others will attempt to sneak into the United States.

Since Happy couldn't actually cite the bill he claims to be SUCH a fan of, I went and found it myself. Thought you all might like to hear Dianne Feinstein's idea of "fixing" the problem.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...EAD252B3F78.keeping-families-together-act.pdf

You'll have to read it yourselves, because the way it's formatted doesn't lend itself to cutting-and-pasting very well. Just a hint: doesn't actually change a damned thing, because Feinstein refuses to admit that a law actually exists that needs to be changed.

They aren't shelters.

Haven't lied one bit.

No, there wasn't a policy of enforcing illegal immigration law until Trump started it.

Anyway, it's amazing how you're such a big fan of this bill, but can't actually tell me what it is.

It's a lie to say Trump "caved", or that he started a policy of separating families, or to pretend that he hasn't been calling for this law you pretend doesn't exist to be changed all along. Come to think of it, it's also a lie for you to pretend the Flores Settlement and the Ninth Circuit ruling regarding it don't exist.

Yes it was because he really cared about these kids, not the fact that the party was’t behind him and only 17 percent of the public approved. He’s just big softy.

Haven't lied one bit.

Yes it was because he really cared about these kids, not the fact that the party was’t behind him and only 17 percent of the public approved. He’s just big softy.

At least as believable as leftists caring about these kids, when they haven't done a fucking thing to change the situation.

Latin America
Desperation In Puerto Rican Town Where 60 Percent Are Now Homeless
September 25, 2017 4:31 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered

The Two-Way
'You Have To Try': Puerto Ricans, Without Power, Find Ways Forward

Although there's food provided at the shelter, there is no running water. At night, she says, with no power residents are left in the dark and are awakened sometimes by the sound of gunshots nearby. But for Rivera and many others at the shelter, their biggest worry is health care.

"My husband is a kidney transplant survivor," Rivera says, her voice trembling with emotion. "He's diabetic and we don't have ice to store his insulin." She opens a blue plastic cooler where she's trying to keep her husband's insulin cold. The medicines are inside a white plastic bag floating in water. "We desperately need ice," she says.

Carmen Huerta, 67, has a hard time walking. Her health, too, is compromised. "I suffer from sleep apnea, diabetes ... high blood pressure, poor blood circulation and arthritis," she says, adding that her 74-year-old husband is not well either. She says he has Alzheimer's, anxiety and prostate cancer.

The couple are sitting in a scorching classroom on the ground level at the shelter. The pungent odor of sewage is overpowering. They came to the shelter on Tuesday before the storm. Huerta pulls her long skirt up and shows her red, bursting ankles. "See how swollen they are," she says, adding that she spent four days "sitting on my walker" until a brown lazy chair was donated. She says she wants to go home to the Barriada de Juana Matos area of Cataño. With her eyes filling with tears she says, "They treat me well here, but I'm very uncomfortable."
img_1086_slide-9180f811f6ed7e3ac9709eebc064b2ed721f9a70-s900-c85.jpg

They aren't shelters.

Haven't lied one bit.

That's just a stupid statement right there. :21:

I've already posted it elsewhere. Here it is, ignore it at your leisure.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...EAD252B3F78.keeping-families-together-act.pdf

What law requires all families to be separated? It doesn't exist. And yes, Trump is caving, he's going to stop separating families. Catch up.

Damn, why are you so angry anyway? It's like someone took your mommy away.

FROM
Amid booming economy, homelessness soars on US West Coast

By GILLIAN FLACCUS and GEOFF MULVIHILL
Associated Press
November 8, 2017 — 6:20pm

"A recent count in Los Angeles, for example, found that those ages 18 to 24 were the fastest-growing homeless group by age, up 64 percent, followed by those under 18. Los Angeles and other cities have made a concerted effort to improve their tallies of homeless youth, which likely accounts for some of the increase.

One of the reasons is the combined cost of housing and tuition, said Will Lehman, policy supervisor at Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority. A recent study by the University of Wisconsin found that one in five Los Angeles Community College District students is homeless, he said.

"They can pay for books, for classes but just can't afford an apartment. They're choosing to prioritize going to school," Lehman said. "They don't choose their situation."

TEXAS TRIBUNE
U.S. Justice Department won't fight Texas' efforts to end DACA

The U.S. Justice Department said late Friday it agrees the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program should be terminated. That court filing came after Texas and six other states filed a lawsuit last month to end the 2012 program.

by Julián Aguilar June 9, 2018 11 AM

Last edited:
TEXAS TRIBUNE
Donald Trump reverses course, signs an executive order to stop separating families

Meanwhile, members of Congress are working on legislation to address the issue.

by Emma Platoff and Claire Parker June 20, 2018 Updated: 3 hours ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back