What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray doesn't need me to defend him. My issue is with your sweeping generalizations and distortions because it's the only way you can frame your arguments. "minority garbage" means minorities who are also garbage. Yes, I know the distinction is confusing for you.

But funny, Ray never says "White Garbage" does he.. Or "White Trash", which is a category he probably falls into.

I only responded to your claim that only white trash (garbage) are responsible for welfare. You leftist say something and when somebody responds in kind, they're the bad guy.

Don't bring up race if you don't want to make an issue out of race. But if you are going to bring up race, don't be critical when somebody mentions race as well.
what a coincidence, I feel the same way about the right wing.

It is about economics.

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage means Labor will be paying more in taxes and creating more in demand, regardless.

Legal status can be fixed by Congress. Capitalism doesn't care.
/----/ Against, raising minimum wage reduces the number of jobs available. Small businesses can't afford them.
Why is the unemployment rate lower where the minimum wage is higher, if not for capitalism and price seeking on the part of more motivated Labor.

Ray doesn't need me to defend him. My issue is with your sweeping generalizations and distortions because it's the only way you can frame your arguments. "minority garbage" means minorities who are also garbage. Yes, I know the distinction is confusing for you.

But funny, Ray never says "White Garbage" does he.. Or "White Trash", which is a category he probably falls into.

I only responded to your claim that only white trash (garbage) are responsible for welfare. You leftist say something and when somebody responds in kind, they're the bad guy.

Don't bring up race if you don't want to make an issue out of race. But if you are going to bring up race, don't be critical when somebody mentions race as well.

It is about economics.

A fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage means Labor will be paying more in taxes and creating more in demand, regardless.

/----/ Against, raising minimum wage reduces the number of jobs available. Small businesses can't afford them.
Why is the unemployment rate lower where the minimum wage is higher, if not for capitalism and price seeking on the part of more motivated Labor.
/----/ If that was the quick fix or hiring motivated workers, businesses would pay more without Gubmint intervention. Do you understand anything about business? They pay what they can afford. Labor is their biggest expense.

Last edited:

It is about economics.

/----/ If that was the quick fix or hiring motivated workers, businesses would pay more without Gubmint intervention. Do you understand anything about business? The ypay what they can afford. Labor is their biggest expense.

Wrong.

It is about economics.

/----/ If that was the quick fix or hiring motivated workers, businesses would pay more without Gubmint intervention. Do you understand anything about business? The ypay what they can afford. Labor is their biggest expense.

Wrong.

Great rebuttal...dumbass.

It is about economics.

Wrong.
/----/ No. I'm correct:
Reducing your 5 biggest company expenses will increase your profit margins. For most businesses, the five greatest expenses are: Staff, physical location, capital equipment, development costs, and Cost of Goods Sold (aka: Inventory).Sep 28, 2016
Here is a quick list of 23 tips to control these expenses so that you can enhance your profitability.

1. Most of your team don't really understand the "full" amount you are paying them. So twice a year give them a "Full Benefits Report" that lays out their salary, bonuses, employer share of payroll taxes and HR compliance costs, and the dollar value any benefits they receive.
  2. Create a culture where compensation is tied to value created for the company, not to time served.
  3. Communicate clearly and far in advance as to progress towards individual and team bonuses. It's your job to make sure that your team sees the direct, causal connection between the results they and the company generate and the bonus status they are working towards.
23 Tips to Reduce Your Biggest Business Expenses | Inc.com
23 Tips to Reduce Your Biggest Business Expenses

It is about economics.

Capitalists get tax breaks for paying wages. Shareholders get a better return on their capital investment with higher profit.

Labor doesn't get tax breaks for actually providing Labor or tax breaks for lousy Capital management when a Firm fails.

It is about economics.

Capitalists get tax breaks for paying wages. Shareholders get a better return on their capital investment with higher profit.

Labor doesn't get tax breaks for actually providing Labor or tax breaks for lousy Capital management when a Firm fails.
They don't get any breaks for paying wages, moron.

It is about economics.

not what i heard.

It is about economics.

/----/ "Capitalists get tax breaks for paying wages. " Yes, they can deduct the cost of labor from their GROSS income but they have to make a profit . If your expenses outstrip your income you have to cut those expenses to stay afloat and the fastest easy is to cut labor costs.

It is about economics.

/----/ "Capitalists get tax breaks for paying wages. " Yes, they can deduct the cost of labor from their GROSS income but they have to make a profit . If your expenses outstrip your income you have to cut those expenses to stay afloat and the fastest easy is to cut labor costs.
easy is not as good as easy And convenient.

We have Convenience stores, not Easy stores. Capitalists should know that.

It is about economics.

Wrong.

Great rebuttal...dumbass.

Thank you, I'm glad you think so.

Your bad attitude is keeping you poor. That's why I fired you.

Guy, you couldn't afford me... I probably wouldn't have sent your chicken shit company a resume...

You're a bottom feeder who doesn't even offer health insurance.

I watch little companies like yours go out of business because of their half-assery all the time.

You already told me your max salary was $80K. Now you make less than $25K. It's not the money I can't afford, that's for sure. I wouldn't do you to my staff though.

After I had bought and merged three companies, I had picked up a lot of good employees and of course a lot of dead wood. I was working with my management team on our plan to replace the bad staff. But we didn't know how many people we would need to replace them.

After a lot of discussion, I finally decided we fire all the bad ones immediately and the same day, no dragging it out. Let's rip off the bandaid. We'll identify the gaps and be ready to replace them at once.

So that Friday, we did it. We fired 30% of the company. All of them had either personally bad attitudes or just bad attitudes about doing any work. You were a marginal worker, it was your bad attitude that got you fired.

Here's what you didn't know because you were gone. You know how many of you we had to replace? Zero. It wasn't just you I didn't replace, I didn't need to replace any of you. The place seemed so much roomier and wow, it was so much more enjoyable being there without the lazy, useless and bad attitudes. Over time we replaced you as we grew, but that Friday you all left, your pay and benefits were all just savings

Bad actors influence others as well. One of our customers just got rid of their shipper. The guy came to work explicitly to make problems for everybody. I hated to pickup there, but it was not only me, other drivers from other companies told me how they hated dealing with this Ahole. In fact some years ago, a driver punched him out he got so pissed; probably lost his job too.

Now that he's gone there is a new spring in everybody's step. The workers are happier and work better. They are not prevented from using their ideas to better the place, and the dock has never looked better. They don't sit in the shipping office all day playing on the internet, they are always doing something. It wasn't until the company got rid of the guy his coworkers expressed how much they hated working there. Now they say it's once again enjoyable to go to work.

not what i heard.
That's because you hang around with other morons.

It is about economics.

Wrong.
/----/ No. I'm correct:
Reducing your 5 biggest company expenses will increase your profit margins. For most businesses, the five greatest expenses are: Staff, physical location, capital equipment, development costs, and Cost of Goods Sold (aka: Inventory).Sep 28, 2016
Here is a quick list of 23 tips to control these expenses so that you can enhance your profitability.

1. Most of your team don't really understand the "full" amount you are paying them. So twice a year give them a "Full Benefits Report" that lays out their salary, bonuses, employer share of payroll taxes and HR compliance costs, and the dollar value any benefits they receive.
  2. Create a culture where compensation is tied to value created for the company, not to time served.
  3. Communicate clearly and far in advance as to progress towards individual and team bonuses. It's your job to make sure that your team sees the direct, causal connection between the results they and the company generate and the bonus status they are working towards.
23 Tips to Reduce Your Biggest Business Expenses | Inc.com
23 Tips to Reduce Your Biggest Business Expenses

You're wrong bud. When you made your comment about what business would do without government that's where you left reality. And then if you have those million dollar pieces of equipment…….

Guy, you couldn't afford me... I probably wouldn't have sent your chicken shit company a resume...

I watch little companies like yours go out of business because of their half-assery all the time.

You already told me your max salary was $80K. Now you make less than $25K. It's not the money I can't afford, that's for sure. I wouldn't do you to my staff though.

After I had bought and merged three companies, I had picked up a lot of good employees and of course a lot of dead wood. I was working with my management team on our plan to replace the bad staff. But we didn't know how many people we would need to replace them.

After a lot of discussion, I finally decided we fire all the bad ones immediately and the same day, no dragging it out. Let's rip off the bandaid. We'll identify the gaps and be ready to replace them at once.

So that Friday, we did it. We fired 30% of the company. All of them had either personally bad attitudes or just bad attitudes about doing any work. You were a marginal worker, it was your bad attitude that got you fired.

Here's what you didn't know because you were gone. You know how many of you we had to replace? Zero. It wasn't just you I didn't replace, I didn't need to replace any of you. The place seemed so much roomier and wow, it was so much more enjoyable being there without the lazy, useless and bad attitudes. Over time we replaced you as we grew, but that Friday you all left, your pay and benefits were all just savings

Bad actors influence others as well. One of our customers just got rid of their shipper. The guy came to work explicitly to make problems for everybody. I hated to pickup there, but it was not only me, other drivers from other companies told me how they hated dealing with this Ahole. In fact some years ago, a driver punched him out he got so pissed; probably lost his job too.

Now that he's gone there is a new spring in everybody's step. The workers are happier and work better. They are not prevented from using their ideas to better the place, and the dock has never looked better. They don't sit in the shipping office all day playing on the internet, they are always doing something. It wasn't until the company got rid of the guy his coworkers expressed how much they hated working there. Now they say it's once again enjoyable to go to work.

And I guess this applies to every business there is.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Dang, you must be embarassed that Coyotes are the problem. Body snatchers and smugglers....

Only the ones who allow assholes to work there. Who wants to go to work when you have a miserable SOB to work with or under? Of course your attitude will be affected. In the last three years, we had three customers who had idiots with terrible attitudes working in shipping. All three are gone now. Not only are their coworkers happy, I'm pretty happy about it myself. I no longer have to deal with these morons.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

It's an accepted managment understanding that 20% of the people do 80% of the work. I've managed many projects where such is the case. I had one guy under me who never fixed a single bug. I could easily do more work than any 5 of the worst performers. In fact, training them just meant I had to do more work than I would have to do if they weren't there. My boss whined about the fact that he had to pay me about 30% more than these useless drones.

Yeah. The good part of this was it made everyone more productive. They were just tired of the bad attitudes like Joe and others not wanting to work and talking and stalling all the time. The atmosphere was just so much more pleasant. We all felt it. The staff I kept knew why every one of the ones who were gone were gone.

There were two people I was on the fence about firing and decided not to fire them. Their manager plead both their cases that they could improve. So we agreed to tell them they were on the fence and put them both on action plans. Both made it. One of them became competent. The other actually became a star. It was like a flip switched. And he stayed that way until I sold the company. He became my company's chief website designer

Yep. And that's management's job to recognize and deal with those situations. There's nothing the rest of the staff can do about that situation if we don't do our jobs. I don't enjoy firing people, but I'm sure there are parts of your job you don't like either. But you recognize that it is part of the job and do it. That's why you're good at it

Yes. It's unfortunate when management doesn't do their job and they make everyone suffer.

I don't remember everyone I've fired since I spent my career in management, but I remember the first. I kept giving him more chances. He'd improve for five minutes then go back to sucking. I was afraid the other staff would fear for their jobs if I started firing people.

Finally I had enough and fired him. You know what the first thing the staff said when I told them he was gone? We wondered what took you so long. I realized that they knew exactly what was going on. They weren't afraid at all I was going to fire them just because I fired someone who didn't do any work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back