What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the unemployment rate lower where the minimum wage is higher, if not for capitalism and price seeking on the part of more motivated Labor.
/----/ If that was the quick fix or hiring motivated workers, businesses would pay more without Gubmint intervention. Do you understand anything about business? The ypay what they can afford. Labor is their biggest expense.
Capitalists get tax breaks for paying wages. Shareholders get a better return on their capital investment with higher profit.

Labor doesn't get tax breaks for actually providing Labor or tax breaks for lousy Capital management when a Firm fails.
They don't get any breaks for paying wages, moron.
not what i heard.
That's because you hang around with other morons.
yet, it is the right wing that has, nothing but fallacy.

Your bad attitude is keeping you poor. That's why I fired you.

Guy, you couldn't afford me... I probably wouldn't have sent your chicken shit company a resume...

You're a bottom feeder who doesn't even offer health insurance.

I watch little companies like yours go out of business because of their half-assery all the time.

You already told me your max salary was $80K. Now you make less than $25K. It's not the money I can't afford, that's for sure. I wouldn't do you to my staff though.

After I had bought and merged three companies, I had picked up a lot of good employees and of course a lot of dead wood. I was working with my management team on our plan to replace the bad staff. But we didn't know how many people we would need to replace them.

After a lot of discussion, I finally decided we fire all the bad ones immediately and the same day, no dragging it out. Let's rip off the bandaid. We'll identify the gaps and be ready to replace them at once.

So that Friday, we did it. We fired 30% of the company. All of them had either personally bad attitudes or just bad attitudes about doing any work. You were a marginal worker, it was your bad attitude that got you fired.

Here's what you didn't know because you were gone. You know how many of you we had to replace? Zero. It wasn't just you I didn't replace, I didn't need to replace any of you. The place seemed so much roomier and wow, it was so much more enjoyable being there without the lazy, useless and bad attitudes. Over time we replaced you as we grew, but that Friday you all left, your pay and benefits were all just savings

Bad actors influence others as well. One of our customers just got rid of their shipper. The guy came to work explicitly to make problems for everybody. I hated to pickup there, but it was not only me, other drivers from other companies told me how they hated dealing with this Ahole. In fact some years ago, a driver punched him out he got so pissed; probably lost his job too.

Now that he's gone there is a new spring in everybody's step. The workers are happier and work better. They are not prevented from using their ideas to better the place, and the dock has never looked better. They don't sit in the shipping office all day playing on the internet, they are always doing something. It wasn't until the company got rid of the guy his coworkers expressed how much they hated working there. Now they say it's once again enjoyable to go to work.

Yep. And that's management's job to recognize and deal with those situations. There's nothing the rest of the staff can do about that situation if we don't do our jobs. I don't enjoy firing people, but I'm sure there are parts of your job you don't like either. But you recognize that it is part of the job and do it. That's why you're good at it

Correct, I don't have to deal with that. But as a landlord, I've had to tell people to leave or evict them. It's never a comfortable thing. Some of them are otherwise nice people, but if you give me problems or don't pay rent, you leave me little choice. The last time it was a family of four; the parents and one teenage girl and a 3 year old. But sometimes you just have no choice in the matter.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Your bad attitude is keeping you poor. That's why I fired you.

Guy, you couldn't afford me... I probably wouldn't have sent your chicken shit company a resume...

You're a bottom feeder who doesn't even offer health insurance.

I watch little companies like yours go out of business because of their half-assery all the time.

You already told me your max salary was $80K. Now you make less than $25K. It's not the money I can't afford, that's for sure. I wouldn't do you to my staff though.

After I had bought and merged three companies, I had picked up a lot of good employees and of course a lot of dead wood. I was working with my management team on our plan to replace the bad staff. But we didn't know how many people we would need to replace them.

After a lot of discussion, I finally decided we fire all the bad ones immediately and the same day, no dragging it out. Let's rip off the bandaid. We'll identify the gaps and be ready to replace them at once.

So that Friday, we did it. We fired 30% of the company. All of them had either personally bad attitudes or just bad attitudes about doing any work. You were a marginal worker, it was your bad attitude that got you fired.

Here's what you didn't know because you were gone. You know how many of you we had to replace? Zero. It wasn't just you I didn't replace, I didn't need to replace any of you. The place seemed so much roomier and wow, it was so much more enjoyable being there without the lazy, useless and bad attitudes. Over time we replaced you as we grew, but that Friday you all left, your pay and benefits were all just savings

Bad actors influence others as well. One of our customers just got rid of their shipper. The guy came to work explicitly to make problems for everybody. I hated to pickup there, but it was not only me, other drivers from other companies told me how they hated dealing with this Ahole. In fact some years ago, a driver punched him out he got so pissed; probably lost his job too.

Now that he's gone there is a new spring in everybody's step. The workers are happier and work better. They are not prevented from using their ideas to better the place, and the dock has never looked better. They don't sit in the shipping office all day playing on the internet, they are always doing something. It wasn't until the company got rid of the guy his coworkers expressed how much they hated working there. Now they say it's once again enjoyable to go to work.

Yep. And that's management's job to recognize and deal with those situations. There's nothing the rest of the staff can do about that situation if we don't do our jobs. I don't enjoy firing people, but I'm sure there are parts of your job you don't like either. But you recognize that it is part of the job and do it. That's why you're good at it

Correct, I don't have to deal with that. But as a landlord, I've had to tell people to leave or evict them. It's never a comfortable thing. Some of them are otherwise nice people, but if you give me problems or don't pay rent, you leave me little choice. The last time it was a family of four; the parents and one teenage girl and a 3 year old. But sometimes you just have no choice in the matter.

Yeah, the reasons may be different, but that's what it's like firing people. I keep it short and factual. Leftists of course say, don't you care about people? They have families. First of all of course in their typical style, leftists are telling me what to do with my money, not what they are doing with theirs. Second, of course I care about their family. But they should have cared more about their own family and tried harder.

Fortunately, I never was forced to lay someone I wanted to keep off when I was in consulting, corporate or my own business because of economics. Every person I ever fired deserved it. That would have been a lot harder

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Dang, you must be embarassed that Coyotes are the problem. Body snatchers and smugglers....

Coyote's a leftist. She has no shame. Her views have been validated by the left, so she can say anything no matter how stupid it is. Like that she's against illegal immigration while she does nothing but fight to enable illegal immigration.

And yet she's not responsible for the cost to society, crime, welfare, none of it. She has no shame, nothing is her responsibility, including her own actions

Last edited:
/----/ Against, raising minimum wage reduces the number of jobs available. Small businesses can't afford them.
Why is the unemployment rate lower where the minimum wage is higher, if not for capitalism and price seeking on the part of more motivated Labor.
/----/ If that was the quick fix or hiring motivated workers, businesses would pay more without Gubmint intervention. Do you understand anything about business? The ypay what they can afford. Labor is their biggest expense.

Wrong.
/----/ No. I'm correct:
Reducing your 5 biggest company expenses will increase your profit margins. For most businesses, the five greatest expenses are: Staff, physical location, capital equipment, development costs, and Cost of Goods Sold (aka: Inventory).Sep 28, 2016
Here is a quick list of 23 tips to control these expenses so that you can enhance your profitability.

1. Most of your team don't really understand the "full" amount you are paying them. So twice a year give them a "Full Benefits Report" that lays out their salary, bonuses, employer share of payroll taxes and HR compliance costs, and the dollar value any benefits they receive.
  2. Create a culture where compensation is tied to value created for the company, not to time served.
  3. Communicate clearly and far in advance as to progress towards individual and team bonuses. It's your job to make sure that your team sees the direct, causal connection between the results they and the company generate and the bonus status they are working towards.
23 Tips to Reduce Your Biggest Business Expenses | Inc.com
23 Tips to Reduce Your Biggest Business Expenses

You're wrong bud. When you made your comment about what business would do without government that's where you left reality. And then if you have those million dollar pieces of equipment…….

Equivocation. He was talking about government interfering in pay. You changed that to there not being any government

...It appears that over the last 200 years those tired, poor, and handle masses entering this nation and have built the greatest nation on earth. Can't argue with success.
Entirely true. Trouble is, we're full-up...we don't need any more than we already have, and there is no point in intentionally overcrowding ourselves until we attain $hithole status.
One can argue that we need more immigrants because they start more new businesses than native born Americans or that immigrants bring new ideas to solve old problems, or they help us in competing in a global economy. All true but more important is the fact that our demographics are such that we will not be able fill existing jobs much less the new jobs that are being created. Our economy will go into a structural decline before mid-century.

Roughly 10,000 Baby Boomers will turn 65 today, and about 10,000 more will cross that threshold every day for the next 19 years. Not only is the labor force shrinking due to retirement but we are creating new jobs at rate of 175,000 to 240,000 a month.

Without immigration, the only way we can fill those jobs is with a high birthrate. However, our birth rate has reached a 30 year low. It has been trending down for decades. At this rate we not be able to replace the existing population and the trend seems to be accelerating.

Even if we double the number of legal immigrants entering the country, we still will not be able to keep up with demand.
Baby Boomers Retire
U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level

Last edited:
...It appears that over the last 200 years those tired, poor, and handle masses entering this nation and have built the greatest nation on earth. Can't argue with success.
Entirely true. Trouble is, we're full-up...we don't need any more than we already have, and there is no point in intentionally overcrowding ourselves until we attain $hithole status.
One can argue that we need more immigrants because they start more new businesses than native born Americans or that immigrants bring new ideas to solve old problems, or they help us in competing in a global economy. All true but more important is the fact that our demographics are such that we will not be able fill existing jobs much less the new jobs that are being created. Our economy will go into a structural decline.

Roughly 10,000 Baby Boomers will turn 65 today, and about 10,000 more will cross that threshold every day for the next 19 years. Not only is the labor force shrinking due to retirement but we are creating new jobs at rate of 175,000 to 240,000 a month.

Without immigration, the only way we can fill those jobs is with a high birthrate. However, our birth rate has reached a 30 year low. It has been trending down for decades. At this rate we not be able to replace the existing population and the trend seems to be accelerating.

Even if we double the number of legal immigrants entering the country, we still will not be able to keep up with demand.
Baby Boomers Retire
U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level

We're talking about illegal aliens, not immigrants, race whoring dickhead

One can argue that we need more immigrants because they start more new businesses than native born Americans or that immigrants bring new ideas to solve old problems, or they help us in competing in a global economy. All true but more important is the fact that our demographics are such that we will not be able fill existing jobs much less the new jobs that are being created. Our economy will go into a structural decline.

Baby Boomers Retire

We'll do just fine without them. The shorter the labor, the higher the wage offerings. On one hand you people on the left complain that the middle-class is shrinking, and on the other you claim we need imports to do jobs because every single American is working today. Well.......the labor force participation rate doesn't reflect that. When people really need to get work done, they will increase their offers.

One can argue that we need more immigrants because they start more new businesses than native born Americans or that immigrants bring new ideas to solve old problems, or they help us in competing in a global economy. All true but more important is the fact that our demographics are such that we will not be able fill existing jobs much less the new jobs that are being created. Our economy will go into a structural decline before mid-century.

Baby Boomers Retire
/——/ OK then bring them in from Europe, legally of course and only if they are willing to assimilate.

Baby Boomers Retire

Legally immigration is closely linked to illegal immigration because the forces fighting illegal immigration are also fighting to keep legal immigrants out the country. Our government is working frantically to make sure there is no welcome mat to immigrants, legal or illegal. We desperately need more legal immigrants and desperately need less illegal immigrants and we're not making much progress in either direction.

holiday-travel-tips-cheap-US-USA-esta-dhs-visa-waiver-program.jpg

Last edited:

Baby Boomers Retire

Legally immigration is closely linked to illegal immigration because the forces fighting illegal immigration are also fighting to keep legal immigrants out the country. Our government is working frantically to make sure there is no welcome mat to immigrants, legal or illegal. We desperately need more legal immigrants and desperately need less illegal immigrants and we're not making much progress in either direction.
/——/ Total made up bullshyt. We aren’t against legal immigration. It’s the Progs who want to flood the country with future democRAT voters that’s the issue. You’re just trying to refute our demand to enforce our laws by claiming we’re against all immigrants. Total bullshyt Strawman argument.

Baby Boomers Retire

holiday-travel-tips-cheap-US-USA-esta-dhs-visa-waiver-program.jpg

Bull shit, they are fundamentally different, race pimping ass. That's why you're doing it.

Legal immigrants: Respect the law, come here legally, follow the process. They must be able to legally support themselves and they pass a criminal background check. They are mostly middle class.

Illegal aliens: Come here illegally, earn a living illegally, steal medical care, education and welfare from taxpayers. They are criminals. And they have not passed a background check and cannot support themselves legally.

Entirely different animals. My father in law would never have come here illegally from Korea. He followed the law.

The only ones we're telling to "keep out" dickhead are the ones who weren't invited and came illegally anyway and are living illegal lives

Baby Boomers Retire

/——/ Total made up bullshyt. We aren’t against legal immigration. It’s the Progs who want to flood the country with future democRAT voters that’s the issue. You’re just trying to refute our demand to enforce our laws by claiming we’re against all immigrants. Total bullshyt Strawman argument.

There is no reason for race pimping pricks like Flopper to conflate illegal aliens with legal immigrants other than to keep pushing the racism lie. It's destroying our country from the inside.

The left just want to win at this point. They don't care what's left when they do

Baby Boomers Retire

Trump is proposing cutting legal immigration.

Republicans balk at Trump’s cuts to legal immigration

Baby Boomers Retire

You need only look at the posts in this and other illegal immigration threads. About half of those fighting illegal immigration are opposing legal immigration.
For example take a look at these groups who claim to be fighting illegal immigration but are really opposing immigration.
http://www.americanimmigrationcontrol.com/
www.ccir.net
www.fairus.org
www.duke.org/nf/index.html
www.numbersusa.com/home.html
www.ProjectUSA.org
www.tscpress.com
www.steinreport.com
www.vdare.com

www.americanpatrol.com

Baby Boomers Retire

Trump is proposing cutting legal immigration.

Republicans balk at Trump’s cuts to legal immigration

Temporarily, yes. We've eaten an elephant. We need time to digest. He also said once we cut off illegal immigration, then we can increase legal immigration again. Which is the right approach. Being the liar that you are, you never say what Trump fully actually said

Baby Boomers Retire

You need only look at the posts in this and other illegal immigration threads. About half of those fighting illegal immigration are opposing legal immigration.
For example take a look at these groups who claim to be fighting illegal immigration but are really opposing immigration.
www.ccir.net
www.fairus.org
www.ProjectUSA.org
www.tscpress.com
www.steinreport.com
www.vdare.com

www.americanpatrol.com
/——/ I read the first one and I agree with them : AIC is about reducing annual legal immigration to numbers which can be readily assimilated.
What’s wrong with that?

What human cost is acceptable in controlling illegal immigration?

For Republicans it's their soul. Because of the way they do it.

DgZQ2zYX0AAR_6W.jpg

Baby Boomers Retire

www.ccir.net
www.fairus.org
www.ProjectUSA.org
www.tscpress.com
www.steinreport.com
www.vdare.com

www.americanpatrol.com

That's just a lie. It's a tiny fraction who oppose legal immigration. I've spent most of my life with Republicans. I used to be one. This isn't why I left the party, it was because they aren't fiscal conservatives. But Republicans overwhelmingly support legal immigration. You're just making up your shit as you go. I guess that's why you have to resort to race whoring

What human cost is acceptable in controlling illegal immigration?

For Republicans it's their soul. Because of the way they do it.

DgZQ2zYX0AAR_6W.jpg

Wow, you must have hated Obama (edit: I meant Clinton, obviously. Though the detention centers in the news were built by Obama)

AP_elian_gonzales_raid_01_jef_150421_16x9_992.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back