What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep mind that 60% of those that receive food stamps are elderly, disabled or children. In general, they are the least productive people in society. And they are certainly not lightly to take a 2nd job or work an extra 20 hours a week.

The would if they were hungry.

And how does an elderly person collecting SS get food stamps anyway? If they can get food stamps, everybody on SS are eligible for food stamps.
There are lot's people who don't qualify for S.S., about 4% and there are many whose benefits are only a hundred or so a month. The minimum monthly SS benefit is about $40.
The purpose of SNAP is to prevent hunger not to feed starving people. Hungry people are 2.9 times more likely to be in poor health which means a bigger healthcare bill for the nation. They are also 4 times more likely to have severe emotional problems which leads to poor performance in school and on job. Hunger has also been linked to both petty and serious crimes.

The idea that people will worker harder if they are hungry has been proven to be false.

I see, so why is their SS payment so low? Could it be because they never really worked in their lives? And if so, it's to be our problem now?

I don't want to hear about disabilities because you can apply for that, and everybody gets the same. If you are denied disability, it means the government feels you are mentally or physically capable of holding a job.

So now we need to draw sympathy because these lifelong government freeloaders are older now.
Here are the main groups that get little or no social security and it's not because they don't work. Many of these are women who have worked most of their life raising kids.

The three main groups of people who never receive Social Security benefits include infrequent workers (44.3%) who do not have sufficient earnings to qualify for the benefits, immigrants who arrived in the U.S. at 50 or older (37.3%) and therefore haven’t worked long enough to qualify for the benefits, and non-covered workers (11.4%), such as state and local government employees. A little less than 7% of “never beneficiaries” were individuals who were expected to get Social Security benefits, but died before receiving them, according to a 2015 Social Security Administration report

These Americans will never get Social Security benefits — and we don’t mean millennials

So let's go through this:

Infrequent workers. WTF is an infrequent worker anyway? Is it somebody that worked once in a while when they felt like it?

Immigrants. Okay, so what you're saying is that we have yet another problem by allowing immigrants into this country. I'll keep that in mind for future discussions on immigration.

State and local government employees. Why would state or local government employees be denied contributing to our Social Security plan like every other working American? Could it be they had their own program setup; a program that exceeds what SS pays out? And if not, why are not all government employees eligible for food stamps? Why only 11.4%?

Raising children. If the woman raising the children is married, then he is supposed to continue support of his wife when he retires. If not, that's his fault. If he passes away, she gets his SS check.

If she was single her entire life, WTF is she having children she couldn't afford to support? Okay, so let's say a married woman has a family of two children, something happens to her husband, and he didn't have a big SS account. If she was 22 years old when she had her last child, that child was in school all day when she turned 27 years old. Certainly she could have contributed a good amount of SS contributions between 27 and 65 years old. So that just doesn't make sense. There is something left out of that figure.
I'm an infrequent worker. I keep getting fired because of either falling asleep on the job or saying something someone doesn't like. 2 jobs ago I was fired for saying something they didn't like on FB on my own time that had nothing to do with them. I put down who I worked for in my profile and some customer sent my post to my employer.

Well that's what it does.

Republicans cut funding for FS. Nobody starved to death. Republican run states made requirements to receive food stamps if you didn't have dependents. In Maine for instance, most of those people dropped out of the program.

Productive people have no use for programs like food stamps. If their income is inadequate for their lifestyle, they get higher paying jobs, work more hours, or even take on two jobs. It's the people with no inclination to work that's the problem. As long as they have just enough to get by, that's what they do using any means.

A friend of mine works at a place that has many temp workers. He said that most of them live with others of like kind. They all combine their cards, get what they need to eat, and sell the rest of the cards for cash. They have no need to work more hours or strive to make more money. If they are working let's say 20 hours a week bringing in X amount of money, it sure beats working 40 hours a week for just a little bit more money.
Keep mind that 60% of those that receive food stamps are elderly, disabled or children. In general, they are the least productive people in society. And they are certainly not lightly to take a 2nd job or work an extra 20 hours a week.

And how does an elderly person collecting SS get food stamps anyway? If they can get food stamps, everybody on SS are eligible for food stamps.
There are lot's people who don't qualify for S.S., about 4% and there are many whose benefits are only a hundred or so a month. The minimum monthly SS benefit is about $40.
The purpose of SNAP is to prevent hunger not to feed starving people. Hungry people are 2.9 times more likely to be in poor health which means a bigger healthcare bill for the nation. They are also 4 times more likely to have severe emotional problems which leads to poor performance in school and on job. Hunger has also been linked to both petty and serious crimes.

The idea that people will worker harder if they are hungry has been proven to be false.

I see, so why is their SS payment so low? Could it be because they never really worked in their lives? And if so, it's to be our problem now?

I don't want to hear about disabilities because you can apply for that, and everybody gets the same. If you are denied disability, it means the government feels you are mentally or physically capable of holding a job.

So now we need to draw sympathy because these lifelong government freeloaders are older now.
I applied for disability. I'm bipolar. I also have arthritis, pre-diabetic, recovered rectum cancer patient, emphysema even though I quit smoking over 20 years ago, and suffer from diabetic nerve damage in my toes and fingers. They turned me down because I had a job. I can't afford to sit around for 6-months to 3-years waiting for approval from the disability office without a job. Unemployment doesn't last that long. I'm responsible for about 20% of my family's support and as little as it is my family can't make it without it. My mother is retired and my sister doesn't work and is on year 3 of her approval process of getting disability for her hepatitis c, liver cirrhosis, GallBladder operation, COPD, and an extreme Menopause situation that I won't go into. I currently don't have a job and Unemployment has run out. My new job starts in two weeks, haven't told the Landlord yet. If I take the job and make more than $1000 a month my disability claim will get denied. Because of my bipolar, I'm liable to be fired within a month to 12 months after being employed. oh and we qualify for $50 a month for food stamps. Family of 5, got two kids too.

That is a fault of disability: you can't be working until they accept you. I would be in the same position if they don't allow me to work. I take my physical at the end of the year.

If worse comes to worse, I can perhaps take money out of my IRA which I really don't want to do because of the fines and penalties. I'm busting my ass now to payoff bills in the event that happens.

I have two tenants (one of whom just left) that are on disability. The one used a lawyer and it took him a year to get on it. The other did the same, but the second time she tried, she did it on her own and was accepted.

Both still work, but have to keep their income low enough to keep their current disability check coming. If they work too many hours, the additional money gets deducted from their check.

I applied for disability. I'm bipolar. I also have arthritis, pre-diabetic, recovered rectum cancer patient, emphysema even though I quit smoking over 20 years ago, and suffer from diabetic nerve damage in my toes and fingers. They turned me down because I had a job. I can't afford to sit around for 6-months to 3-years waiting for approval from the disability office without a job. Unemployment doesn't last that long. I'm responsible for about 20% of my family's support and as little as it is my family can't make it without it. My mother is retired and my sister doesn't work and is on year 3 of her approval process of getting disability for her hepatitis c, liver cirrhosis, GallBladder operation, COPD, and an extreme Menopause situation that I won't go into. I currently don't have a job and Unemployment has run out. My new job starts in two weeks, haven't told the Landlord yet. If I take the job and make more than $1000 a month my disability claim will get denied. Because of my bipolar, I'm liable to be fired within a month to 12 months after being employed. oh and we qualify for $50 a month for food stamps. Family of 5, got two kids too.

That is a fault of disability: you can't be working until they accept you. I would be in the same position if they don't allow me to work. I take my physical at the end of the year.

If worse comes to worse, I can perhaps take money out of my IRA which I really don't want to do because of the fines and penalties. I'm busting my ass now to payoff bills in the event that happens.

I have two tenants (one of whom just left) that are on disability. The one used a lawyer and it took him a year to get on it. The other did the same, but the second time she tried, she did it on her own and was accepted.

Both still work, but have to keep their income low enough to keep their current disability check coming. If they work too many hours, the additional money gets deducted from their check.
I have no problem with them deducting disability payments say 1 for 2 for any income I have or a set amount. They won't approve me for disability if I have a job, my lawyer tells me. And this is the third time I applied, this time with a lawyer. Previous two times one was for service disability which was denied because I can't prove I got ill while in the Army, and the other was denied because I had a job. Lawyer says even $1,000 A month may be too much. I can't even type straight, had to correct a lot of typos, because I can't feel the keyboard with my pinkies. Made it real hard to find someone to hire me.

I have no problem with them deducting disability payments say 1 for 2 for any income I have or a set amount. They won't approve me for disability if I have a job, my lawyer tells me. And this is the third time I applied, this time with a lawyer. Previous two times one was for service disability which was denied because I can't prove I got ill while in the Army, and the other was denied because I had a job. Lawyer says even $1,000 A month may be too much. I can't even type straight, had to correct a lot of typos, because I can't feel the keyboard with my pinkies. Made it real hard to find someone to hire me.

It does suck. Disability requirements are okay for a two family income. If your wife is working and making enough for you to get by for a while, your in good shape. But I'm not married and live alone, so it would be rough for me even with being a landlord.

If you are working, you will never get disability unless you are part-time and apply for partial disability like my tenant did. As for typing, you may want to look into voice recognition capabilities on your computer or phone. They've come a long way in the last ten years and some of those programs are really impressive.

It does suck. Disability requirements are okay for a two family income. If your wife is working and making enough for you to get by for a while, your in good shape. But I'm not married and live alone, so it would be rough for me even with being a landlord.

If you are working, you will never get disability unless you are part-time and apply for partial disability like my tenant did. As for typing, you may want to look into voice recognition capabilities on your computer or phone. They've come a long way in the last ten years and some of those programs are really impressive.
I'm not married. When I divorced instead of killing myself I moved in with my sister. Sometimes I wished I killed myself. Kids are nephews, they're not mine. But I've been living here for 10+ years with them instead of either of their fathers who don't even call them on their birthdays. My landlord lost his job at the Cape, then had a heart attack. He's not going to like me telling him I have no idea when the rent is going to be paid. I can pay only about 2/3 of it. Well I do have an idea. New job starts the 17th payday will probably be the 27th. Rent is due on the 10th. And if I take the job to pay the rent I risk losing my disability petition for the third time.

Let's step back and take deep deep breath. Relax and go to your happy place. Close your eyes and relax. Ok, is your chi centered now? Um I hate to break it to you fine and beautiful people, but here in America we have something called Child welfare services, and other such agencies. And well, they take children away from their parents every minute of the day of the week of the year.Yep, it happens all the time. Kids weeping, the anguish and despair of the parents. But THAT ain't showin' up on ABC, CBS or NBC nightly news. So what all of sudden got into the media to make this issue a humanitarian crisis all of a sudden? Oh,the humanity!
The child welfare agencies my sister works with can locate any child within an hour. Why can't the feds. Some of the mothers that have been released from detention are out looking for their kids. One mother has completed all 45 pages of documentation for ICE provided fingerprints and after two weeks still does not have her 9 year old son. Only after hiring a lawyer and entering suit has she been able to find the child, sick in a government contracted facility in Chicago. That is not right. The Trump administration should have had a plan to reunited parents and children before they took them away.
How about don’t break the law with your child in tow?
How do you keep from breaking the law when you must be on US soil to petition for asylum?

However, asylum today is just a US public relations gimmick, an attempt to show the world that we are the same country that proclaimed “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

What a lot of crap. We offer asylum to a chosen few that can get past Trump's goons at the border. We should probably repeal the law and hang the keep out sign on the Statue of Liberty.

Last edited:
How did sanctuary cities even happen? I don't care, liberals don't answer that. My next best guess would be: liberal Politicians over reached and felt so emboldened over the years just pulled that out of their … magicians hat . It was never on any ballot anywhere. Why not? Now I digress, people are pissed that Donald Trump Is our President. I understand THAT. On the same sour note, WHO got to vote whether or not your city or state gives sanctuary to illegal aliens? You can be pissed off seven ways till Sunday about Trump's election. But I say this loud and obnoxiously as I can: NOBODY got a say electorally or otherwise on sanctuary cities. And that is the be all-end- all here. That is why we have TRUMP.

How did sanctuary cities even happen? I don't care, liberals don't answer that. My next best guess would be: liberal Politicians over reached and felt so emboldened over the years just pulled that out of their … magicians hat . It was never on any ballot anywhere. Why not? Now I digress, people are pissed that Donald Trump Is our President. I understand THAT. On the same sour note, WHO got to vote whether or not your city or state gives sanctuary to illegal aliens? You can be pissed off seven ways till Sunday about Trump's election. But I say this loud and obnoxiously as I can: NOBODY got a say electorally or otherwise on sanctuary cities. And that is the be all-end- all here. That is why we have TRUMP.
How did sanctuary cities even happen? Well, probably one of the first was thousands of years ago. After slavery, the Hebrews established “cities of refuge” that could be accessed by a person who had “accidentally and unintentionally” killed another and was being pursued by the person’s kin.

Sanctuary cities actually have a long history in America that has always been bound up—in a good way—in the problem of American federalism. The sanctuary city was home to America’s first significant class of refugees—fugitive slaves.

The specific name “sanctuary cities” comes from 1980s protests against federal immigration policies that denied asylum to refugees from El Salvador and Guatemala. San Francisco led the way by passing a city ordinance in 1985 that specifically forbade city police or civil magistrates from assisting federal immigration officers.

The real sanctuary cities in America will not be based on government opposition to Trump's Zero Tolerance Policy but rather citizens opposition. That will determine the true sanctuary cities. For Trump to be successful, he's going to need the help of the pubic turning in neighbors, employees, and family members that are illegal. In Germany, it was called Kristallnacht. Trump needs to come come up with a catchy name.

Since all the jobs moved to a right to work state, maybe you can explain how all those other white areas around here are doing so great.

I've driven though Ohio. The whole state is a fucking dump. You'd know this if you traveled outside of it.

You need to start looking at the man behind the curtain. The Democrats can't tell you the truth. If they told their people the truth, many of them would just stay home and not vote. So they need to lie to you every time you lose an election.

again, says a loser who can't get health insurance.

When Trump wins reelection, we will be treated to another host of excuses by the Democrat party.

he won't. He was never "elected" to start with.

A few years ago I was renting to an unmarried couple with two children. The guy had a full time job but refused to work one hour past 40. His girlfriend didn't work at all. When problems developed with rent, I asked them to discuss the situation at my apartment.

I knew their circumstance and came up with a perfect solution to their money problem. I suggested that since he doesn't work weekends, he can watch the kids and she can get a part-time job somewhere. It would not only help them with rent, but other money problems they were experiencing.

That didn't go over very well, and I had to evict them. A good rent is hard to come by these days over here and across the country, and now he has this eviction on his record that any potential landlord can look up. They lost their apartment, and I had his wages garnished for a year. Why didn't they consider my solution? She was getting $280.00 a month in food stamps.

Ah, Ray... never willing to punch up, always willing to kick down.

You really think that any part time job was going to make up for the $280.00 they were getting in SNAP?

Let's look at that. Let's say she worked 16 hours on the weekend for minimum wage.

7.25 x 16 = 116. Take out 6% for Social Security, 1% for Medicare and 6 in Income tax... and that comes out to a little less $90 a month.

For one, women produce less. They go a little slower than men especially when it comes to packaging or lifting heavy material. Women take maternity leave, sometimes for a year or more. It's unfair to their coworkers that they come back making the same wage as them with perfect attendance records.

why?

You see, this is the kind of mentality the One Percent uses to keep you down, bud. The fear that someone else might want half your cookie.

And that's why it has to stop now; because it has been our problem, a problem we don't need any longer. Let people solve their own problems. I too never had kids. The wonderful thing about having kids is that it's a choice--not an infliction. I chose not to have children because of the expense and my health problems I didn't want to pass along. But now my taxes have to support kids other people had in countries where they should have known better? It's bad enough I have to support American kids lowlifes have.

So your argument is that we are trying to make sure these kids are productive citizens, and you want to complain about that?

We need the replacement workers, that's the thing...

I'm complaining because other people create problems that we have to solve, and we can't even solve our own yet.

STF out of this country. If your country is so bad, fight to change it as we have ours in history. We can't babysit the world. We have 7.6 billion people on this planet, some of which have children living in worse environments than south America. How many of these 7.6 billion are we to take in?

Look Ray - OUR ancestors didn't stay to fight to change their country - the FLED. HERE. That's a weak argument Ray.

Who is "our"? MY ancestors didn't "flee" anything. They were colonists.
Many of whom were fleeing persecution and poverty to strike out in a new land. Why didn’t they stay and fight?

Thank you for kindly deciding to make definitive assertions concerning my ancestors, about whom you know nothing. Aside from trying to impose your ASSumptions onto them, you ALSO clearly know nothing about the English language. What part of "they didn't flee anything" sounded like "but they were fleeing SOMETHING", Noah Webster? Do you not comprehend what the word "colonist" means? (That's rhetorical, since word meanings are obviously not your forte.)

The colonists who came here - my ancestors among them - came at the behest of their mother country, as citizens of their mother country, funded and supported by their mother country. They were not "fleeing" their home nations; they were expanding them. Far from thinking their countries needed to be "changed", they thought they needed to be extended.

GENOCIDAL , who knows , import a fifth column , GENOCIDAL , who knows what the future holds Ray .

I think I know and it's obvious when people vote. DumBama and gang was a shot in the arm of what Socialism/ Communism is all about, and it left a bad taste in our mouths. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of problems with the Republicans as well, but at least we're doing something to fix our party and send a message at the same time.

I also believe that leftist brainwashing is finally starting to fade away; not totally rejected just yet, but in the right direction. More and more people are starting to scratch their heads at Democrat policy and coming to the realization they are all phonies. They always have an ulterior motive when they make policies and laws.

For instance most people understand that it's un-American for leftist entities to force people to give them money. The SC ruled that is not acceptable, and Piglosi ran out there saying how it was an attack on the working people. The right thing (in the mind of a leftist) is force people to pay unions money even though they are not part of the union. Democrats are upset because much of that money comes back to them in campaign contributions. It was a money laundering scheme all along.

So you think it is ok then to force the unions to represent those who don’t pay?

Depends on the union and the representation.

I used to work for the US Postal Service back in the day. Postal workers were not compelled to join the union, but the APWU ended up representing everyone by default, since our employment contracts were all negotiated between management and the union. The USPS pays all of its employees on a strict wage scale, with regimented cost-of-living increases and merit raises. So the APWU was negotiating on behalf of all employees, whether they wanted to or not, and whether or not the employees in question wanted them to.

As a public-sector union, they're also required to represent non-members in other regards as a trade-off for the power and managerial support they get. I never got the impression they actually minded that situation or felt that it was an imposition on them.

All criminals should be treated humanely. I concur totally. We have children taken into custody of child protective services every freeking day, and nobody bats a freekin eyebrow. That is the very definition of "Humane". Abusive or neglectful parents should have their offspring taken away and put into better hands. Same with illegal aliens that sneak in here, wow. They knew the risks of getting caught. Seeing how abusive Mexicans can be, I am just not seeing this as a bad thing. I am bemused at this topic. It's like a big fat nothing.
Most children are taken from their parents because the parent is abusive or fails to protect the child. It is pretty hard to argue that a parent that takes their children away from a dangerous environment and travels over a thousand miles to seek safety is either abusive or non-protective. Yet that is exactly how these parents are being treated by the US government.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door, except if you're from a shithole country.

As I've said every time you leftists pull out that "stop thinking and FEELZ!" quote, please notice that the "golden door" she's lifting her lamp beside is Ellis Island, at that time the premiere spot for LEGAL immigration. She is NOT standing out in the desert outside of Yuma, Arizona.

Also, I don't consider a late-addition poem on a statue pedestal commenting on Russian pogroms of the late 19th century to exactly have the force of law demanding "We can't have border enforcement!" in 2018.

and.. WHY the protests now? Didn't the President already SIGN an Executive action to stop the family separation? The only FRUCK UP Trumpy is doing is yelling about no due process for the immigrants. Even I DO AGREE they DESERVE DUE PROCESS and then when denied they have to pack up and leave. Anyone who pleads Asylum deserves a day in court.
Even after Trump's executive order and a federal judge ordering the separation to end, the government can't seem to locate all the kids. Could that be because ICE didn't bother to put id brackets on the kids? When the foster care people ask a five year old their mother's name, he says, "Mama".

The government had no real plan to handle the separation and even less to unite them. This whole thing smacks of another ill planned action from the Orange Clown.

And your proof that "they can't locate the kids" would be . . . ?

Let's step back and take deep deep breath. Relax and go to your happy place. Close your eyes and relax. Ok, is your chi centered now? Um I hate to break it to you fine and beautiful people, but here in America we have something called Child welfare services, and other such agencies. And well, they take children away from their parents every minute of the day of the week of the year.Yep, it happens all the time. Kids weeping, the anguish and despair of the parents. But THAT ain't showin' up on ABC, CBS or NBC nightly news. So what all of sudden got into the media to make this issue a humanitarian crisis all of a sudden? Oh,the humanity!
The child welfare agencies my sister works with can locate any child within an hour. Why can't the feds. Some of the mothers that have been released from detention are out looking for their kids. One mother has completed all 45 pages of documentation for ICE provided fingerprints and after two weeks still does not have her 9 year old son. Only after hiring a lawyer and entering suit has she been able to find the child, sick in a government contracted facility in Chicago. That is not right. The Trump administration should have had a plan to reunited parents and children before they took them away.
How do you keep from breaking the law when you must be on US soil to petition for asylum?

However, asylum today is just a US public relations gimmick, an attempt to show the world that we are the same country that proclaimed “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

What a lot of crap. We offer asylum to a chosen few that can get past Trump's goons at the border. We should probably repeal the law and hang the keep out sign on the Statue of Liberty.

We should stop listening to crying Nancies like you who think with their glands. God, what a cheesy load of Lifetime-Movie crap.

We give asylum status to over 20,000 people a year. They're only a "chosen few" in the sense that they have to meet the actual criteria, rather than getting it simply because they say the word when they're caught.

And ANYONE can "get past Trump's goons (aka the hard-working BP agents who actually have to DEAL with this situation, rather than sitting comfortably on their asses several states away and making pronouncements about it online) at the border". All they have to do is show up at an actual port of entry and ask for asylum.

We should stop listening to crying Nancies like you who think with their glands. God, what a cheesy load of Lifetime-Movie crap.

We give asylum status to over 20,000 people a year. They're only a "chosen few" in the sense that they have to meet the actual criteria, rather than getting it simply because they say the word when they're caught.

And ANYONE can "get past Trump's goons (aka the hard-working BP agents who actually have to DEAL with this situation, rather than sitting comfortably on their asses several states away and making pronouncements about it online) at the border". All they have to do is show up at an actual port of entry and ask for asylum.

I didn't have time to check it out, but I heard on the radio that Trump wants to make it a law that anybody trying to (or successfully does) sneak into the country is an automatic disqualification for asylum.

Oh I can see the leftists boil in anger if Trump can do that. :102:

For one, women produce less. They go a little slower than men especially when it comes to packaging or lifting heavy material. Women take maternity leave, sometimes for a year or more. It's unfair to their coworkers that they come back making the same wage as them with perfect attendance records.

why?

You see, this is the kind of mentality the One Percent uses to keep you down, bud. The fear that someone else might want half your cookie.

I don't even understand what that means. Why would I care what a female coworker makes? It's none of my business. That's between my employer and her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back