What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Hillary was elected, it's just that she's such a nice person she let Trump have it instead.

Nope, more to do with the GOP was willing to let a Nazi into the White House so they could get tax breaks for rich people.

Let a Nazi into the White House? I didn't know the Republicans "let" somebody in. I thought we all voted on that. In fact, the GOP didn't even want Trump running.

A few years ago I was renting to an unmarried couple with two children. The guy had a full time job but refused to work one hour past 40. His girlfriend didn't work at all. When problems developed with rent, I asked them to discuss the situation at my apartment.

I knew their circumstance and came up with a perfect solution to their money problem. I suggested that since he doesn't work weekends, he can watch the kids and she can get a part-time job somewhere. It would not only help them with rent, but other money problems they were experiencing.

That didn't go over very well, and I had to evict them. A good rent is hard to come by these days over here and across the country, and now he has this eviction on his record that any potential landlord can look up. They lost their apartment, and I had his wages garnished for a year. Why didn't they consider my solution? She was getting $280.00 a month in food stamps.

Ah, Ray... never willing to punch up, always willing to kick down.

You really think that any part time job was going to make up for the $280.00 they were getting in SNAP?

Let's look at that. Let's say she worked 16 hours on the weekend for minimum wage.

7.25 x 16 = 116. Take out 6% for Social Security, 1% for Medicare and 6 in Income tax... and that comes out to a little less $90 a month.

Nice try Gizmo. But your calculations are way off. If she worked every weekend, that would be your figure times 5 which comes to 580 a month. Minus the 280 she got on food stamps, and she would have netted 300 bucks per month. Now that's given she only works two eight hour days. I'm sure she could have landed something that gave her two 10 hour days.

And at 580 a month with two dependents, I'm sure she still qualified for food stamps, just not as much. So again, your figures are way off.

From her perspective though, she would be working 80 hours a month which after the total loss of food stamps would come to $3.75 per hour. Hence that our social programs discourage people from getting ahead when they otherwise could.

Let's step back and take deep deep breath. Relax and go to your happy place. Close your eyes and relax. Ok, is your chi centered now? Um I hate to break it to you fine and beautiful people, but here in America we have something called Child welfare services, and other such agencies. And well, they take children away from their parents every minute of the day of the week of the year.Yep, it happens all the time. Kids weeping, the anguish and despair of the parents. But THAT ain't showin' up on ABC, CBS or NBC nightly news. So what all of sudden got into the media to make this issue a humanitarian crisis all of a sudden? Oh,the humanity!
The child welfare agencies my sister works with can locate any child within an hour. Why can't the feds. Some of the mothers that have been released from detention are out looking for their kids. One mother has completed all 45 pages of documentation for ICE provided fingerprints and after two weeks still does not have her 9 year old son. Only after hiring a lawyer and entering suit has she been able to find the child, sick in a government contracted facility in Chicago. That is not right. The Trump administration should have had a plan to reunited parents and children before they took them away.
How about don’t break the law with your child in tow?
How do you keep from breaking the law when you must be on US soil to petition for asylum?

However, asylum today is just a US public relations gimmick, an attempt to show the world that we are the same country that proclaimed “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

What a lot of crap. We offer asylum to a chosen few that can get past Trump's goons at the border. We should probably repeal the law and hang the keep out sign on the Statue of Liberty.

We should stop listening to crying Nancies like you who think with their glands. God, what a cheesy load of Lifetime-Movie crap.

We give asylum status to over 20,000 people a year. They're only a "chosen few" in the sense that they have to meet the actual criteria, rather than getting it simply because they say the word when they're caught.

And ANYONE can "get past Trump's goons (aka the hard-working BP agents who actually have to DEAL with this situation, rather than sitting comfortably on their asses several states away and making pronouncements about it online) at the border". All they have to do is show up at an actual port of entry and ask for asylum.

I didn't have time to check it out, but I heard on the radio that Trump wants to make it a law that anybody trying to (or successfully does) sneak into the country is an automatic disqualification for asylum.

Oh I can see the leftists boil in anger if Trump can do that. :102:

Sounds like a plan to me, frankly, because I can assure you that the people sneaking across our border know our immigration laws better than the left-twits on this message board. They know perfectly well that they don't have to sneak in if they legitimately qualify for asylum, but they also know if they get caught, claiming they want asylum USED to give them a chance to disappear into the interior of the country.

So if you got a speeding ticket while your kids were in the car, they should be taken from you and locked in a cage without you knowing where they are?
Depends on how fast they were going. News report about a guy going 110 over the speed limit. He didn't get a ticket he got arrested.

That's because there's such a thing as "felony speeding" in some states.

For the thinking-impaired (I'm looking at you, Coyote), anything that gets you taken into law enforcement custody while your children are with you WILL result in you being separated from your children at that time. There is no amount of bullshit you can throw up about "speeding" and "jaywalking" and whatever else you dream up that doesn't involve being arrested that is going to change the fact that crossing the border illegally IS an offense that results in being arrested, and being arrested IS a circumstance that involves being separated from any children you have in tow.

You can pretend this policy of Trump's is business as usual. It isn't and humans that haven't abandoned their compassion know it.
Compassion can end you up in the poor house and make everyone in America Poverty stricken.

I watched your video and the speaker makes some good points but totally misses the reason we need immigrants. We need immigration to fill the jobs of the future. We can not fill the jobs we're creating with native born Americans because our birthrate is too low and our retirement rate is too high. We don't need the poorest of the poor but the best of the poor. We need people that can be an asset to the nation. Our immigration laws concentrate on bringing in close family member but we need to keep in mind that we need good people, not just family members.

Were talking about illegal aliens, not immigrants, racist race baiting dickhead. Fuck you lying scum

In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime
If you leave you're home because you are in fear for the lives of your family, you should leave your children at home.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

You know...I've asked that many times. They never answer. The thing is - many of those illegally immigrating are fleeing horrific situations, they aren't economic migrants. Many are trying to claim asylum - a perfectly LEGAL thing to do even if they cross illegally - it's the federal law, it's international law, it's their right. They may not get it, often don't - but it's legal.

I was just listening to a piece on this...and one woman from El Salvador, who fled with her 5 yr old son. She tried 6 times to claim asylum at a legal point of entry only to be turned away each time because they "didn't have enough facilities or resources to take more people" (illegal to turn away asylum seekers). So she finally entered illegally and turned herself in. She was promptly arrested, charged with a crime and her son was taken away from her. For two months she had no idea where he was. Finally he was located in a foster home in NY. So now he is in the foster care system which is ANOTHER nightmare to get a kid out of.

It's absolutely sickening.
How was she going fron el salvador to the us? There is no border

The child welfare agencies my sister works with can locate any child within an hour. Why can't the feds. Some of the mothers that have been released from detention are out looking for their kids. One mother has completed all 45 pages of documentation for ICE provided fingerprints and after two weeks still does not have her 9 year old son. Only after hiring a lawyer and entering suit has she been able to find the child, sick in a government contracted facility in Chicago. That is not right. The Trump administration should have had a plan to reunited parents and children before they took them away.
How about don’t break the law with your child in tow?
How do you keep from breaking the law when you must be on US soil to petition for asylum?

However, asylum today is just a US public relations gimmick, an attempt to show the world that we are the same country that proclaimed “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

What a lot of crap. We offer asylum to a chosen few that can get past Trump's goons at the border. We should probably repeal the law and hang the keep out sign on the Statue of Liberty.

We should stop listening to crying Nancies like you who think with their glands. God, what a cheesy load of Lifetime-Movie crap.

We give asylum status to over 20,000 people a year. They're only a "chosen few" in the sense that they have to meet the actual criteria, rather than getting it simply because they say the word when they're caught.

And ANYONE can "get past Trump's goons (aka the hard-working BP agents who actually have to DEAL with this situation, rather than sitting comfortably on their asses several states away and making pronouncements about it online) at the border". All they have to do is show up at an actual port of entry and ask for asylum.

I didn't have time to check it out, but I heard on the radio that Trump wants to make it a law that anybody trying to (or successfully does) sneak into the country is an automatic disqualification for asylum.

Oh I can see the leftists boil in anger if Trump can do that. :102:

Sounds like a plan to me, frankly, because I can assure you that the people sneaking across our border know our immigration laws better than the left-twits on this message board. They know perfectly well that they don't have to sneak in if they legitimately qualify for asylum, but they also know if they get caught, claiming they want asylum USED to give them a chance to disappear into the interior of the country.

Without a doubt. Depending on how far they got, they could be kicked out immediately. So instead of that, they just use the phony excuse for asylum and then they have a chance at staying.

If Trump does this by law or executive order, then those who get caught within 20 miles of the border will be immediately kicked out, and they would not be able to stall the action by using asylum since they would be disqualified. Same goes for those smuggling kids into the country claiming they are their own. It would''t matter because you can't claim asylum if you are caught here outside of entry ports. Turn around and take those kids with you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I have as much right to seek asylum in a 12 million dollar Potomac mansion as these law breakers
Asylum is to protect you from imminent death or harm due to a tyrannical government. Coming to the USA for better income opportunity is not compatible with “seeking asylum”

In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime

So if you got a speeding ticket while your kids were in the car, they should be taken from you and locked in a cage without you knowing where they are?
Depends on how fast they were going. News report about a guy going 110 over the speed limit. He didn't get a ticket he got arrested.

That's because there's such a thing as "felony speeding" in some states.

For the thinking-impaired (I'm looking at you, Coyote), anything that gets you taken into law enforcement custody while your children are with you WILL result in you being separated from your children at that time. There is no amount of bullshit you can throw up about "speeding" and "jaywalking" and whatever else you dream up that doesn't involve being arrested that is going to change the fact that crossing the border illegally IS an offense that results in being arrested, and being arrested IS a circumstance that involves being separated from any children you have in tow.

You can pretend this policy of Trump's is business as usual. It isn't and humans that haven't abandoned their compassion know it.
well said

I have as much right to seek asylum in a 12 million dollar Potomac mansion as these law breakers
Asylum is to protect you from imminent death or harm due to a tyrannical government. Coming to the USA for better income opportunity is not compatible with “seeking asylum”

Asylum is granted to foreigners who's government presents a serious threat to them or their family. Asylum is shelter from such a tyrannical government. Once they stepped foot in Mexico, they were safe from their government. There is no reason to grant them asylum here.

Legislative crackdown Monday, December 18, 2006
Metrowest Daily News
A report by Brazilian congressmen who investigated the human smuggling rings sheds light on the underground industry that has been sending thousands to the United States and Europe over the past decade
As part of the investigation, the congressmen visited the United States last year and came to Framingham and Marlborough, considered some of the primary destinations for Brazilian immigrants
The legislators presented their findings in a congressional report in May With key testimony from two Brazilian smugglers, brothers Itamar and Claudio Alves de Souza, who spoke in exchange for judicial pardon, the congressmen were able to identify the smugglers' modus operandi and the routes of the illegal journey.
As a result of the commission's work, 50 people belonging to smuggling rings were arrested In one of the most striking findings, the legislators found that two mayors of small towns near Valadares were involved in smuggling people into the United States.
Brazilian Woman, Son To Be Reunited Per Federal Court Order
June 28, 2018 at 3:21 pm
CHICAGO (CBS) — A Brazilian woman separated from her son at the U.S.-Mexico border will be reunited with her child.
A federal judge in Chicago has ordered the immediate release from detention of the nine-year-old Brazilian boy.
Judge Manish Shah said Thursday that Lidia Karine Souza can have custody of her son, Diogo, who has spent four weeks at a government-contracted shelter in Chicago.
..............................................................................................................................................
The Latest: Plaintiff hopes ruling will spare other mothers - Porterville ...
www.recorderonline.com/.../image_48c16fb5-58e3-5625-b078-45c66f62c188.html
The mother from Governador Valadares, Brazil has filed a federal lawsuit ... The lawsuit filed Tuesday, June 26, 2018, says Lidia Karine Souza ...

Last edited:
Let a Nazi into the White House? I didn't know the Republicans "let" somebody in. I thought we all voted on that. In fact, the GOP didn't even want Trump running.

Except when he got the nomination, they went along with it...

You see, it used to be, when your party nominated a nut, you made damned sure he lost. Goldwater in 1964, McGovern in 1972.

But the GOP probably figured that this was their last chance before they ran out of old angry white people.

President Trump is not a nut. You are Joe Blow. Trump outwitted and outdid a field of Republicans and some democrats. And-there is no Russia collusion!

Except when he got the nomination, they went along with it...

You see, it used to be, when your party nominated a nut, you made damned sure he lost. Goldwater in 1964, McGovern in 1972.

But the GOP probably figured that this was their last chance before they ran out of old angry white people.

No, the GOP knew we were sending a message by nominating Trump. If they dared to cross us, it would have been the end of the Republican party and they knew it.

I don't even understand what that means. Why would I care what a female coworker makes? It's none of my business. That's between my employer and her.

You just whined and bitched that a female employee coming back from Maternity leave still gets the same pay advantages...
Really, Fifty First Dates, do you forget your own arguments?

As I pointed out illiterate resume maker, that was not my opinion. When the subject came out a few years back, I did some research on it. What they did was find employers accused of paying women less, and they asked these employers why that was. I only wrote what some of the findings were.

Judge rules that Trump administration has been wrongly detaining asylum seekers
Alan Gomez, USA TODAY Published 6:34 p.m. ET July 2, 2018 | Updated 7:58 p.m. ET July 2, 2018

A federal judge ruled on Monday that the Department of Homeland Security has violated its own policies by refusing to release most asylum-seekers from immigration detention even if they are likely to win their asylum case.

District Judge James Boasberg in the District of Columbia ordered the department to stop making blanket determinations against most asylum-seekers and resume the long-standing practice of deciding each applicant's detention status on a case by case basis.

Boasberg pointed to data provided by the nine plaintiffs who filed the lawsuit to show how dramatically detention determinations have changed under President Donald Trump.

In recent years, Homeland Security allowed more than 90 percent of asylum-seekers who had proven they have a "credible fear" of returning to their home country to be released in the U.S. to await their final hearing before an immigration judge. Since President Donald Trump took office, those rates plummeted to 8 percent in Los Angeles, 2 percent in Detroit, and 0 percent in El Paso, Philadelphia and Newark. the locations where the plaintiffs are being held.

even if they are UNLIKELY to win their asylum cases....:oops-28: A deliberate "Freudian slip" by the lyin' media...(Mr. Gomez)...

Illegal Alien Kiddie Colonists Invited by Obama Administration
by Fred Elbel

July 2, 2014

Would you send your ten-year-old child to travel unaccompanied 1,000 miles from Guatemala to the United States – riding on top of gang-infested trains? It’s quite commonplace south of the border. So much for “immigrant family values.”

It’s anticipated that 60,000 children will be sent up – or sent for – to sneak into the U.S. in 2014, and the number is expected to more than double to 130,000 in 2015.

We, the taxpayers, are paying to house, care for and transport these illegal aliens to parents and relatives in the U.S. The White House has projected a staggering cost of $2.28 billion to care for and resettle child migrants from Central America. On top of that, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Jr. announced that the Obama administration would pay for 100 lawyers to help these underage illegal aliens remain in the U.S.

Why are they sneaking into the U.S. anyway?

In 2010, the DREAM Act (Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors) failed to pass the House. It specified a six-year path for illegal alien “children” between the ages of 12 and 35 to eventually become U.S. citizens. Nevertheless, in 2012, President Obama unilaterally implemented a new program called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).

Now, Obama is renewing this two-year amnesty for a half-million illegal aliens.

la-bestia.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back