What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have as much right to seek asylum in a 12 million dollar Potomac mansion as these law breakers
Asylum is to protect you from imminent death or harm due to a tyrannical government. Coming to the USA for better income opportunity is not compatible with “seeking asylum”

Asylum is granted to foreigners who's government presents a serious threat to them or their family. Asylum is shelter from such a tyrannical government. Once they stepped foot in Mexico, they were safe from their government. There is no reason to grant them asylum here.
Partially correct.
An asylum seeker must prove that he or she has a well-founded fear of persecution based on one or more of five grounds:

• Race.
  • Religion.
  • Nationality.
  • Membership in a particular social group such as LGBTQ
  • Political opinion
Mexico does not offer asylum, 180 days residence and you have to leave. Since the main reason these people are asking for asylum is fear of the gangs and cartels which exist in Mexico.

I have as much right to seek asylum in a 12 million dollar Potomac mansion as these law breakers
Asylum is to protect you from imminent death or harm due to a tyrannical government. Coming to the USA for better income opportunity is not compatible with “seeking asylum”

Asylum is granted to foreigners who's government presents a serious threat to them or their family. Asylum is shelter from such a tyrannical government. Once they stepped foot in Mexico, they were safe from their government. There is no reason to grant them asylum here.
Partially correct.
An asylum seeker must prove that he or she has a well-founded fear of persecution based on one or more of five grounds:

• Race.
  • Religion.
  • Nationality.
  • Membership in a particular social group such as LGBTQ
  • Political opinion
Mexico does not offer asylum, 180 days residence and you have to leave. Since the main reason these people are asking for asylum is fear of the gangs and cartels which exist in Mexico.

It doesn't qualify. Asylum is meant to be for protection against governments--not gangs or bad guys. Americans go to Mexico for vacations. It's not a a totally oppressive country. Much like America, there are safer places to go than others.

A few years ago I was renting to an unmarried couple with two children. The guy had a full time job but refused to work one hour past 40. His girlfriend didn't work at all. When problems developed with rent, I asked them to discuss the situation at my apartment.

I knew their circumstance and came up with a perfect solution to their money problem. I suggested that since he doesn't work weekends, he can watch the kids and she can get a part-time job somewhere. It would not only help them with rent, but other money problems they were experiencing.

That didn't go over very well, and I had to evict them. A good rent is hard to come by these days over here and across the country, and now he has this eviction on his record that any potential landlord can look up. They lost their apartment, and I had his wages garnished for a year. Why didn't they consider my solution? She was getting $280.00 a month in food stamps.

Ah, Ray... never willing to punch up, always willing to kick down.

You really think that any part time job was going to make up for the $280.00 they were getting in SNAP?

Let's look at that. Let's say she worked 16 hours on the weekend for minimum wage.

7.25 x 16 = 116. Take out 6% for Social Security, 1% for Medicare and 6 in Income tax... and that comes out to a little less $90 a month.
bad math, that's a weeks wages.

Let's step back and take deep deep breath. Relax and go to your happy place. Close your eyes and relax. Ok, is your chi centered now? Um I hate to break it to you fine and beautiful people, but here in America we have something called Child welfare services, and other such agencies. And well, they take children away from their parents every minute of the day of the week of the year.Yep, it happens all the time. Kids weeping, the anguish and despair of the parents. But THAT ain't showin' up on ABC, CBS or NBC nightly news. So what all of sudden got into the media to make this issue a humanitarian crisis all of a sudden? Oh,the humanity!
The child welfare agencies my sister works with can locate any child within an hour. Why can't the feds. Some of the mothers that have been released from detention are out looking for their kids. One mother has completed all 45 pages of documentation for ICE provided fingerprints and after two weeks still does not have her 9 year old son. Only after hiring a lawyer and entering suit has she been able to find the child, sick in a government contracted facility in Chicago. That is not right. The Trump administration should have had a plan to reunited parents and children before they took them away.
How about don’t break the law with your child in tow?
How do you keep from breaking the law when you must be on US soil to petition for asylum?

However, asylum today is just a US public relations gimmick, an attempt to show the world that we are the same country that proclaimed “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

What a lot of crap. We offer asylum to a chosen few that can get past Trump's goons at the border. We should probably repeal the law and hang the keep out sign on the Statue of Liberty.

We should stop listening to crying Nancies like you who think with their glands. God, what a cheesy load of Lifetime-Movie crap.

We give asylum status to over 20,000 people a year. They're only a "chosen few" in the sense that they have to meet the actual criteria, rather than getting it simply because they say the word when they're caught.

And ANYONE can "get past Trump's goons (aka the hard-working BP agents who actually have to DEAL with this situation, rather than sitting comfortably on their asses several states away and making pronouncements about it online) at the border". All they have to do is show up at an actual port of entry and ask for asylum.

I didn't have time to check it out, but I heard on the radio that Trump wants to make it a law that anybody trying to (or successfully does) sneak into the country is an automatic disqualification for asylum.

Oh I can see the leftists boil in anger if Trump can do that. :102:
You can't come here for asylum simply because your country is a shithole. If all you want is government handouts we don't want you.

No, the GOP knew we were sending a message by nominating Trump. If they dared to cross us, it would have been the end of the Republican party and they knew it.

The GOP is a dead party walking... You see, you had an opportunity to change with the demographics... but you went full on racist...

As I pointed out illiterate resume maker, that was not my opinion. When the subject came out a few years back, I did some research on it. What they did was find employers accused of paying women less, and they asked these employers why that was. I only wrote what some of the findings were.

Oh, fifty First dates, you said it with an approving tone... that it was horrible that these women got pay protections.

President Trump is not a nut. You are Joe Blow. Trump outwitted and outdid a field of Republicans and some democrats. And-there is no Russia collusion!

Most Republicans voted against him in the primaries, and most Americans voted against him in the General. The system FAILED, and now we have a Nazi Nut in the White House.

Don't worry, when the economy crashes next year, you guys will be disowning Trump faster than you disowned poor Baby Bush, who was actually a decent human being.

The GOP is a dead party walking... You see, you had an opportunity to change with the demographics... but you went full on racist...

Yeah, I heard that...........for the last 30 years.

Oh, fifty First dates, you said it with an approving tone... that it was horrible that these women got pay protections.

Oh, so now you hear "tones" when reading posts? But you don't need a shrink............naaaaah.

Most Republicans voted against him in the primaries, and most Americans voted against him in the General. The system FAILED, and now we have a Nazi Nut in the White House.

Don't worry, when the economy crashes next year, you guys will be disowning Trump faster than you disowned poor Baby Bush, who was actually a decent human being.

You leftists wish everybody was as dumb as you are. Most voted against Trump, how? Because the other 13 candidates collectively got more votes than one guy? :21: Well...........that's what leftists consider a talking point I guess.

Yes, we will turn against Trump is something goes seriously wrong. That's what we on the right do when one of ours is not living up to our expectations. We are not like you on the left that stick up for your guy no matter what. We are not the party that believes our cannot do any wrong. That's your party. Makes you pretty proud, doesn't it?

Oh, so now you hear "tones" when reading posts? But you don't need a shrink............naaaaah.

Guy, your every post drips with racism and misogyny...

You are sad man who needs to blame others for your failures...

You leftists wish everybody was as dumb as you are. Most voted against Trump, how? Because the other 13 candidates collectively got more votes than one guy? Well...........that's what leftists consider a talking point I guess.

Um, yeah... that's the thing. Most Republicans had the good sense to realize this was an awful idea. The fact the Establishment and Conservatives couldn't agree on an alternative put you were you are at.

If you talk to educated, establishment Republicans, they wake up every day horrified by what Trump is doing to their party.

My own opinion, when you spend 40 years pandering to racism and misogyny, you shouldn't be shocked when a part of your base starts mainlining the stuff.

Yes, we will turn against Trump is something goes seriously wrong. That's what we on the right do when one of ours is not living up to our expectations. We are not like you on the left that stick up for your guy no matter what. We are not the party that believes our cannot do any wrong. That's your party. Makes you pretty proud, doesn't it?

Well, no, you see, you turn on him when it effects YOU. YOu guys didn't turn on Bush when he let black people drown in Katrina or sent kids off to die in Iraq over weapons that didn't exist.

When he crashed your 401K and put your mortgages underwater, that's when you turned on him.

Same thing with Trump, it won't be the awful stuff he's doing now that bothers you. "Meh, they aren't OUR kids" (actually said by a Fox News host).

Which is why the legal procedure for asylum is that you are supposed to request it in the first country in which you feel safe. NOT in the country where you would most prefer to live.

And you are supposed to proactively contact the authorities to request asylum, not wait until they catch you sneaking in.

You better hope their is no, Zombie Apocalypse.

In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime
If you leave you're home because you are in fear for the lives of your family, you should leave your children at home.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

OMG, you've gone full wig out. I'll give you a second to put your girdle back on.

1) You're talking about a tiny percent as if it's most of them, dumb ass.

- The cop gave the speeder a ticket. Flopper - OMG, he could have been taking his wife to the hospital in labor!!! :cuckoo::cuckoo:

2) They had already left those countries, they were in Mexico and decided to then commit a crime and come here.

- Sir, I clocked you at 85 in a 60 zone. Flopper, my WIFE is in labor! Cop, you mean with that baby there? Flopper. Yes, we're going home now, but she WAS in labor and I took her to the hospital! That's why I am speeding, I'm taking her home now!

3) They also ignored the consulates across Mexico they could have gone to and ran across the border illegally.

- Flopper, shoplifts a pack of cigs on the way home from the hospital because his wife was in labor when they went there

No, Flopper, you have nothing but an emotional chick blow up in your head.

And why are these model parent having kids in what you say is a war zone in a shithole country?

So if you got a speeding ticket while your kids were in the car, they should be taken from you and locked in a cage without you knowing where they are?

How fucking fast were you going when you got pulled over, Seabiscuit, that you got arrested for it?

A misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. I’ve only gotten one speeding ticket in my life...55 in a 40. How many people get hauled off to jail, their children stripped from their feeding breast, for a misdemeanor?

No, you blockheaded twat, as I've said so many times I'm sick of it, all misdemeanors are NOT the same. You can keep ignoring it and coming back every couple of days to restate your imbecilic take on the world as though it's fresh and new, but it's not gonna help.

Speeding tickets and jaywalking and littering and whatever other godforsaken thing you leftist mouthbreathers dredge up are NOT the sum total of what constitutes a misdemeanor. Just as was the case the LAST six times I said this, misdemeanors come in several different classes, depending on the jurisdiction. And the most serious class of misdemeanors includes things like DUI, assault, hit-and-run, burglary . . . all things for which many people can and do "get hauled off to jail" and have "their children stripped from their feeding breast" :puke: (seriously, you have GOT to tone down the melodrama).

You’re right...they aren’t treated the same. A misdemeanor if you’re brown means your children get taken and locked in concentration-like camps and you don’t know where they are.

Tone down the truth so you don’t have to be so uncomfortable? Nah.

Fine. You want to be the worst possible stereotype of an emptyheaded ambulatory vagina, then feel free to embrace it. God knows, it's doubtful that you could be anything more.

Meanwhile, if anything you said was "truth", other than overblown hyperbole a Harlequin paperback would reject as too cheesy, you wouldn't be moving the goalposts around like they were motorized.

"All misdemeanors are the same, uh . . . I mean, it's about race, I mean . . . never mind that, NAZIS!!!!"

It's all about hate for the left. Obviously we don't want poor whites to come here and fill our welfare rolls, medical facilities, schools or prisons any more than non-whites. Hate is their main product now, they've distilled everything else out from what they offer

Another reason their parents shouldnt take them when they are planning to commit a crime

So if you got a speeding ticket while your kids were in the car, they should be taken from you and locked in a cage without you knowing where they are?
Depends on how fast they were going. News report about a guy going 110 over the speed limit. He didn't get a ticket he got arrested.

That's because there's such a thing as "felony speeding" in some states.

For the thinking-impaired (I'm looking at you, Coyote), anything that gets you taken into law enforcement custody while your children are with you WILL result in you being separated from your children at that time. There is no amount of bullshit you can throw up about "speeding" and "jaywalking" and whatever else you dream up that doesn't involve being arrested that is going to change the fact that crossing the border illegally IS an offense that results in being arrested, and being arrested IS a circumstance that involves being separated from any children you have in tow.

You can pretend this policy of Trump's is business as usual. It isn't and humans that haven't abandoned their compassion know it.

You can pretend that reality and history change according to whatever your glands are overwrought about today, but it doesn't, and humans who haven't abandoned using their brains are not going to be shamed into anything by the likes of you.

It amuses me when you try to throw around moral condemnation as though you think anyone respects you, Seabiscuit.

One thing leftists have none of is shame

How fucking fast were you going when you got pulled over, Seabiscuit, that you got arrested for it?

A misdemeanor is a misdemeanor. I’ve only gotten one speeding ticket in my life...55 in a 40. How many people get hauled off to jail, their children stripped from their feeding breast, for a misdemeanor?

No, you blockheaded twat, as I've said so many times I'm sick of it, all misdemeanors are NOT the same. You can keep ignoring it and coming back every couple of days to restate your imbecilic take on the world as though it's fresh and new, but it's not gonna help.

Speeding tickets and jaywalking and littering and whatever other godforsaken thing you leftist mouthbreathers dredge up are NOT the sum total of what constitutes a misdemeanor. Just as was the case the LAST six times I said this, misdemeanors come in several different classes, depending on the jurisdiction. And the most serious class of misdemeanors includes things like DUI, assault, hit-and-run, burglary . . . all things for which many people can and do "get hauled off to jail" and have "their children stripped from their feeding breast" :puke: (seriously, you have GOT to tone down the melodrama).

You’re right...they aren’t treated the same. A misdemeanor if you’re brown means your children get taken and locked in concentration-like camps and you don’t know where they are.

Tone down the truth so you don’t have to be so uncomfortable? Nah.

Fine. You want to be the worst possible stereotype of an emptyheaded ambulatory vagina, then feel free to embrace it. God knows, it's doubtful that you could be anything more.

Meanwhile, if anything you said was "truth", other than overblown hyperbole a Harlequin paperback would reject as too cheesy, you wouldn't be moving the goalposts around like they were motorized.

"All misdemeanors are the same, uh . . . I mean, it's about race, I mean . . . never mind that, NAZIS!!!!"

It's all about hate for the left. Obviously we don't want poor whites to come here and fill our welfare rolls, medical facilities, schools or prisons any more than non-whites. Hate is their main product now, they've distilled everything else out from what they offer

Don't even get me started on the hypocrisy of the left criticizing ANYONE for being a "hater".

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Depends on how fast they were going. News report about a guy going 110 over the speed limit. He didn't get a ticket he got arrested.

That's because there's such a thing as "felony speeding" in some states.

For the thinking-impaired (I'm looking at you, Coyote), anything that gets you taken into law enforcement custody while your children are with you WILL result in you being separated from your children at that time. There is no amount of bullshit you can throw up about "speeding" and "jaywalking" and whatever else you dream up that doesn't involve being arrested that is going to change the fact that crossing the border illegally IS an offense that results in being arrested, and being arrested IS a circumstance that involves being separated from any children you have in tow.

You can pretend this policy of Trump's is business as usual. It isn't and humans that haven't abandoned their compassion know it.

You can pretend that reality and history change according to whatever your glands are overwrought about today, but it doesn't, and humans who haven't abandoned using their brains are not going to be shamed into anything by the likes of you.

It amuses me when you try to throw around moral condemnation as though you think anyone respects you, Seabiscuit.

One thing leftists have none of is shame
Responsibility and guilt and shame for not having any are all repressive action from those in power and need to be discarded
Lib 101

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
In Human Trafficking Report, State Dept. Warns Against Separating Children From Parents

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.
“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.
It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”
If you leave you're home because you are in fear for the lives of your family, you should leave your children at home.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

You know...I've asked that many times. They never answer. The thing is - many of those illegally immigrating are fleeing horrific situations, they aren't economic migrants. Many are trying to claim asylum - a perfectly LEGAL thing to do even if they cross illegally - it's the federal law, it's international law, it's their right. They may not get it, often don't - but it's legal.

I was just listening to a piece on this...and one woman from El Salvador, who fled with her 5 yr old son. She tried 6 times to claim asylum at a legal point of entry only to be turned away each time because they "didn't have enough facilities or resources to take more people" (illegal to turn away asylum seekers). So she finally entered illegally and turned herself in. She was promptly arrested, charged with a crime and her son was taken away from her. For two months she had no idea where he was. Finally he was located in a foster home in NY. So now he is in the foster care system which is ANOTHER nightmare to get a kid out of.

It's absolutely sickening.

You're full of shit, I answer you every time on every subject. Stop being a stupid dick, you never get me to shut up with answering your stupid crap. You know that. You can't not.

In this case, you don't want to do shit for anyone in what you call shithole countries. Fuck em, they're on their own. But if the poor, jobless ones want to come here and vote for Democrats, you're in. The more the merrier.

That you care about people in other countries is the total joke that you are. You have great empathy for them, but ONLY when you benefit.

You're a humanitarian ... :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Yeah. When you come up with a plan to help people where you don't benefit, let me know. We'll do lunch, then you can start talking ...

Seriously. I hope YOU have your children or grandchildren taken from you. I hope you have no idea where they are or how to get them back. Then maybe you would have an iota of compassion for what these mothers go through. Oh. And while you are at it why don't you move your fat comfortable ass to El Salvador and see what it's like there?

Never mind. You are far too entitled.

You wish someone has their kids taken from them because they think kids should be taken from criminals. Remember how I said you're a crappy human being? Nailed it ...

Right, I'm sure that's why every one of them are coming here. It couldn't possibly be they are using their kids to draw sympathy :cuckoo::cuckoo:

And I'm sure everyone of them are using their kids to draw sympathy - hell why else would they be leaving some of the most violent gang ridden regions of the America's.

Yes, you're clearly exploiting children to draw sympathy. You want to do nothing for them in what you describe as shithole countries where they are supposedly subject to warfare. But if voting for Democrats is on the table, suddenly you want to be dealt in. And say oh, the children!

You're a piece of work. And by piece of work, I sure don't mean art work. You're self centered

And that's why it has to stop now; because it has been our problem, a problem we don't need any longer. Let people solve their own problems. I too never had kids. The wonderful thing about having kids is that it's a choice--not an infliction. I chose not to have children because of the expense and my health problems I didn't want to pass along. But now my taxes have to support kids other people had in countries where they should have known better? It's bad enough I have to support American kids lowlifes have.

So your argument is that we are trying to make sure these kids are productive citizens, and you want to complain about that?

We need the replacement workers, that's the thing...

The black and white left. Either we support unlimited legal immigration or no immigration at all. This is just a product of your stupidity.

If people can prove they can support themselves and we can verify they aren't criminals or bringing diseases, let them come in. Legally. Through the front door. If they climb through the unlocked kitchen window, treat them as the criminals they are

Um, yeah... that's the thing. Most Republicans had the good sense to realize this was an awful idea. The fact the Establishment and Conservatives couldn't agree on an alternative put you were you are at.

If you talk to educated, establishment Republicans, they wake up every day horrified by what Trump is doing to their party.

My own opinion, when you spend 40 years pandering to racism and misogyny, you shouldn't be shocked when a part of your base starts mainlining the stuff.

Well you on the left keep up with that racist, misogyny, deplorable stuff, and that way we can expand our leadership in the Senate. We love it.

I find it amazing how the left thinks. If a three year old accidentally touches the oven door and burns himself, the three year old learns something. It's too bad Democrats don't have that kind of instinct or smarts.

Yes, the establishment is horrified, and that's the way we like it. The establishment is nothing more than Democrat lite. The Republican party is not their party, the Democrat party is.

Well, no, you see, you turn on him when it effects YOU. YOu guys didn't turn on Bush when he let black people drown in Katrina or sent kids off to die in Iraq over weapons that didn't exist.

When he crashed your 401K and put your mortgages underwater, that's when you turned on him.

Same thing with Trump, it won't be the awful stuff he's doing now that bothers you. "Meh, they aren't OUR kids" (actually said by a Fox News host).

Not only is what Trump doing today not bothering me, I celebrate it.

You're not talking politics with your Starbucks busboy Joe, you're talking politics with people that know the second you start lying. Like letting brown people drown. Even a political novice understands that a President cannot send help to a city or state the doesn't request it or refuses any offer to help. Bush didn't "send" kids anywhere. These brave soles joined our military to fight for our country. Not one went kicking and screaming. The recession didn't start until AFTER the Democrats took leadership of Congress. It is they who led the charge of forcing banks to make loans to the poor and minorities that started the housing collapse.

See how easy that was to disprove your lies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back