What Idiot Brings a Gun To a Wedding?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Are people really this frightened? You dont need to carry a gun unless you are a cop or have some duty that requires you to carry a gun. Leave your guns at home.

Waldorf Astoria Gun fires accidentally during wedding - CNN.com

"Guests were taking pictures at a lobby when the gun went off Saturday night, CNN affiliate WABC reported.

It was in the pocket of a 42-year-old guest when it went off, grazing a woman in the head when the bullet ricocheted. She was not seriously injured, the affiliate reported.

Four others were injured when they were hit by shattered glass or debris, and treated at local hospitals, according to the affiliate."

Are people really this frightened? You dont need to carry a gun unless you are a cop or have some duty that requires you to carry a gun. Leave your guns at home.

"Guests were taking pictures at a lobby when the gun went off Saturday night, CNN affiliate WABC reported.

It was in the pocket of a 42-year-old guest when it went off, grazing a woman in the head when the bullet ricocheted. She was not seriously injured, the affiliate reported.

Four others were injured when they were hit by shattered glass or debris, and treated at local hospitals, according to the affiliate."
The "knocked up" gals dad...???:beer:

No particular kind. Just idiots.

'Went off'! How can anyone seriously use such an expression. Someone else here experienced with firearms, just in case my word isn't enough, please tell us about having ever known a firearm to, by itself, 'go off'. In a fire, maybe, but a pistol, nor any other firearm, does not discharge if it is not being handled.

'Went off'! How can anyone seriously use such an expression. Someone else here experienced with firearms, just in case my word isn't enough, please tell us about having ever known a firearm to, by itself, 'go off'. In a fire, maybe, but a pistol, nor any other firearm, does not discharge if it is not being handled.
Better yet why was the safety off? Maybe it was a Glock.

The "knocked up" gals dad...???:beer:

If that were true, at least there would be a reason, even if it was a reason reserved mostly for Jerry Springer guests. No. Most likely, it was some right wing gun nut who was embarrassed by his penis size, so he carried a gun to compensate.

its his RIGHT to carry a gun anywhere he likes in some states Gents , cops do it , why not this guy . Seems to me that the problem was with the gun going and off not with his carrying the gun . Besides that , no one is dead as far as I know !! And as I leave , heck , cops also have negligent gun discharges on occasion , so looks like another 'Big deal anti gun' thread , thanks Ace and ilk !!

its his RIGHT to carry a gun anywhere he likes in some states Gents , cops do it , why not this guy . Seems to me that the problem was with the gun going and off not with his carrying the gun . Besides that , no one is dead as far as I know !! And as I leave , heck , cops also have negligent gun discharges on occasion , so looks like another 'Big deal anti gun' thread , thanks Ace and ilk !!
I dont think this guy was a cop. I didnt say he didnt have a right. I said what idiot brings one to a wedding?

I'm not anti gun. I'm anti idiot and anti "compensating for a little dick". I have several guns. I'm too confident in my manhood to have to pack them on my person when venturing outside my home.

You seem to be confused between the idea of "having a right" and "voluntarily doing something really fucking stupid".

Reminds one of the football player to walked into a nightclub with a gun in his pants, and it slipped down and fired, shooting himself in the thigh and narrowly missing a security guard.

Fucking idiots...

Someone this stupid should not have the privilege of carrying a firearm.
Yes, privilege. When it's a question of being this idiotic, it becomes a matter for us to decide consciously together.

So as long as nobody is dead this time, it's not a problem? That's just nuts.

Mighta been a revolver Ace , unlikely though and mighta been a Glock , Glocks are safe but sh1t happens . Like I said , happens to highly trained police also Ace. I personally support people carrying guns wherever they like in this supposedly free country . Did you guys hear that Texas is now 'open carry' country [yeehaw] , think that Abbot signed the law yesterday Ace and ilk !!

Mighta been a revolver Ace , unlikely though and mighta been a Glock , Glocks are safe but sh1t happens . Like I said , happens to highly trained police also Ace. I personally support people carrying guns wherever they like in this supposedly free country . Did you guys hear that Texas is now 'open carry' country [yeehaw] , think that Abbot signed the law yesterday Ace and ilk !!
Your opinion is duly noted. i still wonder what idiot brings a loaded gun to a wedding. Did he think target practice was going to be part of the reception or something?

Your opinion is duly noted. i still wonder what idiot brings a loaded gun to a wedding. Did he think target practice was going to be part of the reception or something?

That part where the bride tosses the garter over her shoulder -- he thought that was a skeet shoot.

Absolutely the most ridiculous thing of all the ridiculous things the poster has posted!
No, this shit doesn't just happen. This is criminal negligence and, like reckless driving, should at least result in taking this person's permission to carry.

Some of us choose not to go out in public without a means to defend ourselves if necessary.

The father of my former roommate carried his revolver at her wedding. He had to carry it in a cross draw holster because it was hitting her hip when he was walking her down the aisle during rehearsal while wearing the strong side rig.

Some of us choose not to go out in public without a means to defend ourselves if necessary.

The father of my former roommate carried his revolver at her wedding. He had to carry it in a cross draw holster because it was hitting her hip when he was walking her down the aisle during rehearsal while wearing the strong side rig.
I cant wrap my mind around the amount of fear necessary to provoke someone to carry a gun out in public. Its mind blowing that people are that frightened.

no Big Deal Gents , no one is dead and this kinda thing happens to even the best trained police !! --- Weapons Safety Demonstration by DEA Agent Goes Very Wrong The Free Thought Project --- SEE , no one dead , lessons learned and this video has been making people smile for years !!
Cops are supposed to carry guns. This guy wasnt a cop at least to my knowledge. I bet the people that got hurt think its a big deal. Especially the one that missed death by mere inches.

Forum List

Back