What Idiot Brings a Gun To a Wedding?

'Went off'! How can anyone seriously use such an expression. Someone else here experienced with firearms, just in case my word isn't enough, please tell us about having ever known a firearm to, by itself, 'go off'. In a fire, maybe, but a pistol, nor any other firearm, does not discharge if it is not being handled.
Better yet why was the safety off? Maybe it was a Glock.
Even a Glock has to have one in the chamber for it to fire

All the carry people have one in the chamber. Part of the paranoia.

Some of us choose not to go out in public without a means to defend ourselves if necessary.

The father of my former roommate carried his revolver at her wedding. He had to carry it in a cross draw holster because it was hitting her hip when he was walking her down the aisle during rehearsal while wearing the strong side rig.
I cant wrap my mind around the amount of fear necessary to provoke someone to carry a gun out in public. Its mind blowing that people are that frightened.

And/or that obsessed with their gun fetish.

Nothing wrong with indulging one's fetish ..... until it starts to put other people in danger.

and lots of people are robbed every hour of everyday , best to be Prepared . Guy probably has a spare tire and jack in his car and maybe a fire extinguisher in case of fire Brian . Best to be Prepared Gents and Brian !!
I've never been robbed my entire life and I grew up in the hood. People who carry guns do so out of fear.

its his RIGHT to carry a gun anywhere he likes in some states Gents , cops do it , why not this guy . Seems to me that the problem was with the gun going and off not with his carrying the gun . Besides that , no one is dead as far as I know !! And as I leave , heck , cops also have negligent gun discharges on occasion , so looks like another 'Big deal anti gun' thread , thanks Ace and ilk !!
Not in NY, especially, NYC.
think I said , SOME states , freer and better states . Still the politicians in 'new york' [cuomo] all have armed body guards same as mrobama 'WILL' !!

and lots of people are robbed every hour of everyday , best to be Prepared . Guy probably has a spare tire and jack in his car and maybe a fire extinguisher in case of fire Brian . Best to be Prepared Gents and Brian !!

How many people are accidently killed by fire extinguishers? The prepared are killing themselves or another innocent person twice as often as criminals are killed in defense.

I'm pretty sure the chances of his spare tire breaking out of the trunk and rolling itself toward innocent bystanders is remarkably low.

'Went off'! How can anyone seriously use such an expression. Someone else here experienced with firearms, just in case my word isn't enough, please tell us about having ever known a firearm to, by itself, 'go off'. In a fire, maybe, but a pistol, nor any other firearm, does not discharge if it is not being handled.

No, they don't.

guy made a mistake , had an accident or whatever you want to call it , negligent discharge , no one dead , no big deal in my opinion Gents . Lets see if there are charges brought against him .

No, they don't.

Yes they do. Then they have one extra round in the gun that they won't need.

guy made a mistake , had an accident or whatever you want to call it , negligent discharge , no one dead , no big deal in my opinion Gents . Lets see if there are charges brought against him .
I'm assuming you carry without a reason like being a cop. Can you explain the mindset? You wake up in the morning, get ready, eat breafast, and then you think about the possibility of being robbed or killed and grab your gun before you leave?

I have a house there and people aren't paranoid peckerwoods like the people down south obsessing about guns , nor do people there think that around every corner is someone waiting to get them especially the Waldorf Astoria , which isn't goober chuch of jesus and bar b que joint were people get married in jesusland

if you don't have one in the chamber you might as well carry a club Brian !!

Sounds like fear no matter how you phrase it Pismo.

No, they don't.

Yes they do. Then they have one extra round in the gun that they won't need.

Most people I know that carry a revolver have the hammer on an empty chamber, My son in law carries an auto, as do I, and neither of us, nor anyone I know, have one in the chamber.

Kills your THEY ALL DO rant

I'm assuming you carry without a reason like being a cop. Can you explain the mindset? You wake up in the morning, get ready, eat breafast, and then you think about the possibility of being robbed or killed and grab your gun before you leave?
I already told you if you read the thread Ace , people that carry carry so that they are Prepared , Same reason that people save cash , have extra food in the house , carry pocket knives , have Zippos , a spare set of eye glasses , extra medication , fire extinguishers , spare tires , smoke alarms and the list goes on depending on what a person thinks is important . He11 , why do people have house insurance , beg for 'obamacare' , carry 'obamaphones' and why does government have pamphlets on disaster PREPAREDNESS ?? Many smart people just want to be PREPARED Ace !!

I already told you if you read the thread Ace , people that carry carry so that they are Prepared , Same reason that people save cash , have extra food in the house , carry pocket knives , have Zippos , a spare set of eye glasses , extra medication , fire extinguishers , spare tires , smoke alarms and the list goes on depending on what a person thinks is important . He11 , why do people have house insurance , beg for 'obamacare' , carry 'obamaphones' and why does government have pamphlets on disaster PREPAREDNESS ?? Many smart people just want to be PREPARED Ace !!
You keep saying "prepared". I prepare myself for things that are likely to happen. I save money for the likelihood that an emergency will happen. I understand being prepared. My question is why do you carry a gun? Do you live in a crime ridden area or something?

call it as you like Ace , no problem !!

call it as you like Ace , no problem !!
Its just my opinion. i walk around without a gun. I have no fear I will need it and not have it.

Forum List

Back