🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What if There Were No Party Primaries?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Let anyone run regardless of any party affiliations and make the top two candidates the ones running for office.

Hunh? I kinda like the idea but can't quite figure out how it would work. It means anyone can run but it also means $$$$ and not organization can determine the out come. Could a candidate with a large volunteer organization beat someone who does nothing more than spend $$$ on ads?

Check the article @ What If the Parties Didn't Run Primaries? and tell us what YOU think.

You would have smoke filled back rooms deciding who the next president wold be. Which is exactly what it was before we had a primary system.

If you had a single primary with every candidate on the ballot, and then the top two candidates who win that primary would be on the general election ballot, here's what would happen:

In districts gerrymandered to be Democratic districts, you would have two Democrats from which to choose in the general election. In districts gerrrymandered to be Republican districts, you would have two Republicans from which to choose in the general election.

This is exactly what happens in California state legislature races, where they have "jungle primaries".

How about we rotate primaries . I'm sick of New Hampshire and Iowa hillbillys driving the political discussion .

I think primaries are a good idea. I think campaign contributions are a bad idea.
I fully support public funding form the tax payers. Same amount of money across the board. NO influence but Americans.

Letting anyone run regardless of party affiliation is already the case. All you have to do is collect the required number of signatures in most states.

Forum List

Back