What if we lived and died by every word in the original Constitution? Are we better?

Think about that.
We have deviated from the pathway laid out by our framers...Have we become a better nation FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE as a result?
WHY or WHY NOT?
Let’s keep this simple...spare us the “the Constitutution was written in such a way to allow for revision and deviation to grow with the times” bullshit please. Thanks in advance.

If we followed the Constitution strictly, the federal government would have very little impact on our daily lives.

I've yet to see the demonstration, or argument; as to just what improvement to the nation, or the West; the women's vote has garnered... Don't reckon 'll see see it anytime soon either...

the fact you need someone to explain to you why we are better with women having an equal voice and not being able to own other human beings is all that anyone needs to know about you.

if those things needs to be explained to you, you will never be able to understand them.
So far you're the only one blabbing about owning humans. And to that end; I'll leave you to it.
Care take a crack a explaining how our country is better off today, with having women vote? Specifically by telling us what we would not have accomplished otherwise? Take your your time. I'll wait...
Wow. You really do hate women! We just got done talking in the thread where you opposed the Violence Against Women Act because women who get the shaft on a date are always crying rape or abuse and getting the guy arrested.
And now you think the country is in worse shape because they can VOTE?

I don't know what your story is, but I just gotta tell you, not all women are that bad.

I wonder what percentage of women envy the old days when their lives were simple...when they exhausted all effort and energy in raising the children and taking care of the home. Back when they didn’t HAVE to work to make ends meet, back when they didn’t have to follow politics and cast a vote....Hmmmm?
I’m so used to Lefties telling me how women feel...I wonder if that’s how they really feel?
Wonder no more. Women’s unhappiness is at an all time high...
The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness

https://law.yale.edu/system/files/d...son_ParadoxDecliningFemaleHappiness_Dec08.pdf long read...

Gains in women’s rights haven't made women happier. Why is that?

I've yet to see the demonstration, or argument; as to just what improvement to the nation, or the West; the women's vote has garnered... Don't reckon 'll see see it anytime soon either...

the fact you need someone to explain to you why we are better with women having an equal voice and not being able to own other human beings is all that anyone needs to know about you.

if those things needs to be explained to you, you will never be able to understand them.
So far you're the only one blabbing about owning humans. And to that end; I'll leave you to it.
Care take a crack a explaining how our country is better off today, with having women vote? Specifically by telling us what we would not have accomplished otherwise? Take your your time. I'll wait...
Wow. You really do hate women! We just got done talking in the thread where you opposed the Violence Against Women Act because women who get the shaft on a date are always crying rape or abuse and getting the guy arrested.

I don't know what your story is, but I just gotta tell you, not all women are that bad.

I wonder what percentage of women envy the old days when their lives were simple...when they exhausted all effort and energy in raising the children and taking care of the home. Back when they didn’t HAVE to work to make ends meet, back when they didn’t have to follow politics and cast a vote....Hmmmm?
I’m so used to Lefties telling me how women feel...I wonder if that’s how they really feel?

https://law.yale.edu/system/files/d...son_ParadoxDecliningFemaleHappiness_Dec08.pdf long read...

Hmmm....,BUT, BUT, BUT....they have the right to vote....ain’t that right OldLady

Hmmm....,BUT, BUT, BUT....they have the right to vote....ain’t that right OldLady
I can't speak for anyone but myself. I looked at Vasator's yale study, and it was interesting. A lot of complex factors there.
I stayed home for a year after my son was born and I almost went out of my mind with boredom. Going to work again was hard, because I still had to spend the weekends cleaning and the rest of my nonwork time taking care of my child and making dinner, doing laundry, shopping, etc. I spent all my sick days when HE was sick. I spent my vacation days for parent-teacher conferences and school plays. Was I happy? Who the hell knows or cares? Whatever, it sure had nothing to do with VOTING.

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I looked at Vasator's yale study, and it was interesting. A lot of complex factors there.
I stayed home for a year after my son was born and I almost went out of my mind with boredom. Going to work again was hard, because I still had to spend the weekends cleaning and the rest of my nonwork time taking care of my child and making dinner, doing laundry, shopping, etc. I spent all my sick days when HE was sick. I spent my vacation days for parent-teacher conferences and school plays. Was I happy? Who the hell knows or cares? Whatever, it sure had nothing to do with VOTING.
So... You gave less than %100 to your parenting? Decided the little feller could do with less than your all; while you pursued wealth, and recognition? As for happiness? Who could know about yours, more than you? If you can’t even determine “if” you’re happy; why in the hell would anyone entrust you with making descisions that determine the overall betterment of a nation, and culture?

So... You gave less than %100 to your parenting? Decided the little feller could do with less than your all; while you pursued wealth, and recognition? As for happiness? Who could know about yours, more than you? If you can’t even determine “if” you’re happy; why in the hell would anyone entrust you with making descisions that determine the overall betterment of a nation, and culture?
Actually, we needed the second paycheck. As is the case in many families these days. I would not be surprised if part of the feeling of unhappiness does have to do with feeling we are giving less than 100% to our parenting, less than 100% to our job, less than 100% to our loved ones. I remember that feeling very distinctly.

while you pursued wealth, and recognition?
I wish.

Actually, we needed the second paycheck. As is the case in many families these days. I would not be surprised if part of the feeling of unhappiness does have to do with feeling we are giving less than 100% to our parenting, less than 100% to our job, less than 100% to our loved ones. I remember that feeling very distinctly.

Kinda my point....the old days weren't all that bad for women...were they?

I can understand that. But why then... Do families not instead choose to humble themselves? Choose to lower their own personal standards of “accommodation”; for the benefit of their own children. I hear this excuse all the time. What it really amounts to is selfishness, and unwillingness of parents to sacrifice for the benefit of their own children. And people wonder why Millenials are so fucked up...?

I can understand that. But why then... Do families not instead choose to humble themselves? Choose to lower their own personal standards of “accommodation”; for the benefit of their own children. I hear this excuse all the time. What it really amounts to is selfishness, and unwillingness of parents to sacrifice for the benefit of their own children. And people wonder why Millenials are so fucked up...?
You would have to ask them. That was not our situation.
I can certainly understand wanting to give your children the best you can, though.

Yes, Vastator, when society severely limits the potential of half its population, that is "bad." We are much better off now.

You would have to ask them. That was not our situation.
I can certainly understand wanting to give your children the best you can, though.
Though, in the face of “that best”; some choose not to give their all...

Yes, Vastator, when society severely limits the potential of half its population, that is "bad." We are much better off now.
Don’t simply “tell” me. Show me. Start with something we all value. Just to begin on “neutral ground”. Start with say... Our children...

What potential do you contend is being limited? Do you not limit the potential of a person when you take against his will; resources. Only to give them to someone else?

Don’t simply “tell” me. Show me. Start with something we all value. Just to begin on “neutral ground”. Start with say... Our children...
I have no idea what you're asking.

Of course you don’t...When “your potential” is only realized at the expense of an unwilling party... how much of “that potential” was ever yours to begin with?

How are we as a society better off; than if women couldn’t vote. Show me a difference that would weaken, our cultural, or national strength, and position.

What potential do you contend is being limited? Do you not limit the potential of a person when you take against his will; resources. Only to give them to someone else?
Sorry to confuse you. I was referring to how society USED TO limit the potential of women by denying them access to college, to most jobs, etc. And the proscriptions against women were far more than just educational and career wise.

Of course you don’t...When “your potential” is only realized at the expense of an unwilling party... how much of “that potential” was ever yours to begin with?
Who is the unwilling party? You?

Sorry to confuse you. I was referring to how society USED TO limit the potential of women by denying them access to college, to most jobs, etc. And the proscriptions against women were far more than just educational and career wise.
Don’t get me wrong... Women want equality? Take it. And EVERYTHING that equality means. No special exceptions. No caveats. No yeah buts... You want it? Step up, and take it. ALL of it...

Forum List

Back