What Is Dating Like In The Era Of Social-Distancing?

I think that life is incredibly tough for our youngsters.

Yes, unprecedented hardships for the poor young'ns.

Untitled-1.jpg

View attachment 484879

What is dating like these days?

Are our dates going to be conducted on ZOOM...whatever that is?
Are kids going to have to stream a podcast to prospective mates rather than meeting them at work or at school?
View attachment 484882

View attachment 484881

Same as it ever was depending on what's open at your location. Never underestimate the ability for people to spend a night doing whatever they can to present themselves as someone contrary to everything they are to do something that they normally would not do and then try to decide if they should do it again based on how they feel about a fictitious person. People are knuckleheads. That never changes.

My son goes to parties on campus. Everything off campus is open. There isn't a lot there. I know he is drinking at the parties. I can't control that. He told me that there was a drunk girl that came up and asked if he wanted to go to back to her dorm room as the roommate was gone. He said nuh-huh and walked outside with his partner in crime. A few minutes later another girl came outside cursing the one that had hit on him. She vomited on this girl's shoes and was passed out in the living room. No, son. You must leave immediately.

I used to push really hard that he go out with a group of kids rather than alone with a girl so that he is never falsely accused. When he was a junior and 17 and at the height of the #MeToo movement he wound up in the office with the vice principal and the SRO. They wanted to talk to him about a photo that he received via text from another student of her topless. They wanted to scare the shit out of him about it. Except she was 18 when she sent it. They appeared a little freaked out when I mentioned that. He had deleted the text after she sent it. The SRO yelled out that he had still looked at it. My son had text me and I happened to be local and said that he thought that I should be there. They were not going to tell me. My kid had never been in trouble with the law. He had never been suspended. That kid was terrified. He had SI. Now he hates cops but he is diligent about being aware of the situation. I hate the school, the SRO, and the Ass. Principal. So, yep, make sure those kids know they have to be aware.

Last edited:
View attachment 484879

Are kids going to have to stream a podcast to prospective mates rather than meeting them at work or at school?
View attachment 484882

View attachment 484881

Same as it ever was depending on what's open at your location. Never underestimate the ability for people to spend a night doing whatever they can to present themselves as someone contrary to everything they are to do something that they normally would not do and then try to decide if they should do it again based on how they feel about a fictitious person. People are knuckleheads. That never changes.

My son goes to parties on campus. Everything off campus is open. There isn't a lot there. I know he is drinking at the parties. I can't control that. He told me that there was a drunk girl that came up and asked if he wanted to go to back to her dorm room as the roommate was gone. He said nuh-huh and walked outside with his partner in crime. A few minutes later another girl came outside cursing the one that had hit on him. She vomited on this girl's shoes and was passed out in the living room. No, son. You must leave immediately.

I used to push really hard that he go out with a group of kids rather than alone with a girl so that he is never falsely accused. When he was a junior and 17 and at the height of the #MeToo movement he wound up in the office with the vice principal and the SRO. They wanted to talk to him about a photo that he received via text from another student of her topless. They wanted to scare the shit out of him about it. Except she was 18 when she sent it. They appeared a little freaked out when I mentioned that. He had deleted the text after she sent it. The SRO yelled out that he had still looked at it. My son had text me and I happened to be local and said that he thought that I should be there. They were not going to tell me. My kid had never been in trouble with the law. He had never been suspended. That kid was terrified. He had SI. Now he hates cops but he is diligent about being aware of the situation. I hate the school, the SRO, and the Ass. Principal. So, yep, make sure those kids know they have to be aware.
Male Female relationships sure have changed a lot since I was young, and not for the better.

View attachment 484879

View attachment 484882

View attachment 484881

Male Female relationships sure have changed a lot since I was young, and not for the better.
Not sure they were ever fantastic. My son is not expendable by virtue of being male. I have to point out red flags on some of these girl's mothers and the ways they attempted to use my son or were in convoluted relationships that were a means to an end and how that filtered down.

Forum List

Back