What is GW Bush had chosen Colin Powell Instead of Darth Cheney?

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
Would George Bush have been one of our better Presidents? I don't know if I would go that far but we might have avoided the Iraq war & maybe 9-11.

Cheney is a evil son of a bitch who engineered the Iraq wear. Cheney created politics of destruction. Cheney pushed for no compromises. Cheney push fossil fuels and opposed any actions to reduce emissions.

While the US was plying Iraq with sanction against Iran during the early years of the Iraq war, his old company, with Cheney's help, was doing business in Iran helping them produce oil, that Iran sold to fund the IEDs they were shipping into Iraq that were killing our own soldiers.

None of this would have happened without Cheney.

No Iraq war would mean 4600 soldiers alive that were killed there. Hundreds of billions of dollars not spent there. We would have had a cap & trade lowering emissions & helping fight climate change.

But we had Cheney & he changed the course of America & not for the better.

One person can make a huge difference. We saw it in Cheney. We see it today in Trump.

As we are towed down the path to destruction, we have also learned that we can't trust Republicans to save us.

Maybe. The real problem was the neocons didn't want to realize the sunnis and shiaa really didn't like each other and didn't want to live together. And Iraq more or less partitioned itself and .... enter ISIS (sunni) in the non-shiaa non-kurd areas

I always admired Colin Powell but he never would have taken the VP position and he never would have run for POTUS.

He didn't want to put his family through that meat grinder.

Would George Bush have been one of our better Presidents? I don't know if I would go that far but we might have avoided the Iraq war & maybe 9-11.

Cheney is a evil son of a bitch who engineered the Iraq wear. Cheney created politics of destruction. Cheney pushed for no compromises. Cheney push fossil fuels and opposed any actions to reduce emissions.

While the US was plying Iraq with sanction against Iran during the early years of the Iraq war, his old company, with Cheney's help, was doing business in Iran helping them produce oil, that Iran sold to fund the IEDs they were shipping into Iraq that were killing our own soldiers.

No Iraq war would mean 4600 soldiers alive that were killed there. Hundreds of billions of dollars not spent there. We would have had a cap & trade lowering emissions & helping fight climate change.

One person can make a huge difference. We saw it in Cheney. We see it today in Trump.

As we are towed down the path to destruction, we have also learned that we can't trust Republicans to save us.

Powell in his prime would have made a reasonable VP IMO.

How poorly informed am I on my newly minted interest in U.S politics? I swear to God, I didn't even realize Cheney had been VP until I read it above. :26::sad:

Very little difference between Powell and Cheney. Both are warmongers and liars.

Did you forget this?

Very little difference between Powell and Cheney. Both are warmongers and liars.

Did you forget this?

Powell presented the Cheney lie. Pressured to do it. Later said he regretted it.

Did you forget this?

Powell presented the Cheney lie. Pressured to do it. Later said he regretted it.

Then apparently Powell wasn't principled enough to tell them to fuck off and went and spewed their lies anyway.

That does say something of the character of the man. Is he better than Cheney, yes, was he principled enough obviously no.

Powell was considered first. He refused. He refused to run for president. He once said that there was something in his past that would be used against him.

Did you forget this?

That is not leadership. Do you think his actions were admirable?

If he had any real leadership qualities, he should have resigned rather than LIE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, LEADING TO THOUSANDS OF DEATHS FROM AN ILLEGAL WAR.

OH HOW A LONG FOR THE DAYS WHEN THE LEFT WAS ANTI-WAR.

Same outcome.

------------------------------------------- 'colon' was a wusse . Cheney was fine but i wouldv'e preferred General Stormin Norman SCWARZKOPH but he mighta been dead and i don't think tat 'gwb' would want a kickazz General anyway RDave .

Did you forget this?

If he had any real leadership qualities, he should have resigned rather than LIE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, LEADING TO THOUSANDS OF DEATHS FROM AN ILLEGAL WAR.

Do you think everyone in the administration agrees with everything that is done? They discuss options and decide a path then they all pitch in to make that plan happen.

The V.P is usually the heir apparent to the presidency. In that respect Chaney was a mistake because he said he would not run. Democrats, however, picked a freaking idiot who couldn't put a sentence together without putting his foot in his mouth so they were able to dismiss Joe Biden and run Bill Clinton's wife.

Having served as an Infantry line officer in Vietnam, Powell knew the value of Winning Big And Walking Away Afterwards.

As our Chief Military Commander in Gulf War I, Powell was a masterful strategist, tactician and highly successful leader.

A lifetime of honorable and valuable service to the People and their Republic.

And then he went and threw it all away, lying for the Bush Administration, at the United Nations.

How many hundreds of thousands went to their deaths or suffered cruel injuries and deformities because he agreed to be a mouthpiece?

God forgive him, because there are a great many souls, earthbound and otherwise, who may never be able to.

Having frittered-away his reputation and honor, Powell could never have been elected either President or Vice President.

What a personal tragedy.

And what a waste.

Because he would have been damned-good at the job.

Last edited:

Did you forget this?

Do you think everyone in the administration agrees with everything that is done? They discuss options and decide a path then they all pitch in to make that plan happen.

It's called integrity. It's a quality many people look for in a leader.

Plenty of people have resigned their positions in order to maintain it.

Did you forget this?

That’s a laughable response. Just admit it. Powell is a warmongering scumbag.

Forum List

Back