What Is Happening in the US

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Groups realize that by banning together and raising a stink (for lack of a better phrase) they get media attention and thus, effect change in some way.

It's called manipulation and, in many cases, it's just a game. To see what they can get away with.
A Power Play if you will..... in many cases, they don't even feel strongly about the issues...

Case in point, Missouri.

"Addiction" to hate, drama and controversy is nothing new, but it is being brought to new levels.

I see no difference between a "hoax" uprising than a computer hacker. Stirring shit just because they can.

.... and free tuition and debt forgiveness....? Yeah, that's a great thing..... o_O

Not banding together.....

Individuals "rioting" all at the same time - very different......

Groups realize that by banning together and raising a stink (for lack of a better phrase) they get media attention and thus, effect change in some way.

It's called manipulation and, in many cases, it's just a game. To see what they can get away with.
A Power Play if you will..... in many cases, they don't even feel strongly about the issues...

Case in point, Missouri.

"Addiction" to hate, drama and controversy is nothing new, but it is being brought to new levels.

I see no difference between a "hoax" uprising than a computer hacker. Stirring shit just because they can.

.... and free tuition and debt forgiveness....? Yeah, that's a great thing..... o_O
It's the Selfie Generation writ large. We've become a terribly narcissistic, hypersensitive, closed-minded society.

If I choose to be "offended', I'm going to bitch and moan and protest and attack and see to it that the offender is somehow punished.

Why? Because it's all about me, and I don't want to be discomforted or inconvenienced in any way.

The decay continues. Fascinating to watch.

baseball.jpg

Case in point, Missouri.

It's the Selfie Generation writ large. We've become a terribly narcissistic, hypersensitive, closed-minded society.

If I choose to be "offended', I'm going to bitch and moan and protest and attack and see to it that the offender is somehow punished.

Why? Because it's all about me, and I don't want to be discomforted or inconvenienced in any way.

I am not sure you are not minimizing what is going on by saying it is just because of the "selfie" generation.

Consider that protest does take some effort, along with hunger strikes. It can't be just a protest for protest sake or to satisfy one's desire to be noticed

That said, I really don't know what is going on but I think it is bigger then some kids with a chip on their shoulder. Someone, in my opinion, is funding this and leading it. I just wonder what is the end game, and I really have no idea.

Case in point, Missouri.

I wonder if they get "free to them" education does that mean I can take advantage and get "free to me" education. Even though I am at the end of my career I am thinking of learning a new career. Do you think I could get on the "free for me" bandwagon?

Fifteen minutes of fame.

It started going down hill when the move was made to get rid of George Will via online.

Case in point, Missouri.

I am not sure you are not minimizing what is going on by saying it is just because of the "selfie" generation.

Consider that protest does take some effort, along with hunger strikes. It can't be just a protest for protest sake or to satisfy one's desire to be noticed

That said, I really don't know what is going on but I think it is bigger then some kids with a chip on their shoulder. Someone, in my opinion, is funding this and leading it. I just wonder what is the end game, and I really have no idea.
I said "the Selfie Generation writ large". In other words, the Selfie Generation is only a symbol, a symptom, an example of a larger problem.

It's just a manifestation of the PC movement, in which everyone is so quick to make everything about themselves and every little discomfort they have. It began in the sixties, and now those same people are in positions of authority and they haven't yet managed to grow up. It was healthy for us back then, but now it has become weaponized and ingrained in our culture.

Case in point, Missouri.

I said "the Selfie Generation writ large". In other words, the Selfie Generation is only a symbol, a symptom, an example of a larger problem.

It's just a manifestation of the PC movement, in which everyone is so quick to make everything about themselves and every little discomfort they have. It began in the sixties, and now those same people are in positions of authority and they haven't yet managed to grow up. It was healthy for us back then, but now it has become weaponized and ingrained in our culture.

I got what you were saying but, in my opinion, it is bigger then just being a selfish spoiled college kid. Organization like we are seeing takes effort. Someone pushed themselves away from the PS4 to go and protest. And I don't believe it was because someone wrote the N word on their door.

Case in point, Missouri.

I got what you were saying but, in my opinion, it is bigger then just being a selfish spoiled college kid. Organization like we are seeing takes effort. Someone pushed themselves away from the PS4 to go and protest. And I don't believe it was because someone wrote the N word on their door.
Oh, so you're saying this stuff may be organized. Okay, could be. I'm talking more about the culture itself.

I don't know. This culture of ours has gone over the edge, and these kids are living in a vacuum that supports it. I don't know that they need any help.

Case in point, Missouri.

Oh! It is being funded by someone with an end game. That's awesome.

.............Did someone forget to teach their kids that things are not FREE?

Seems like it. We suddenly have this whole massive generation of young people who believe that the government is Big Daddy Warbucks and can provide everything for FREE.

When and how did THIS happen??? :dunno:

Do we need to all sit down and have a grown-up conversation?

Case in point, Missouri.

Oh, so you're saying this stuff may be organized. Okay, could be. I'm talking more about the culture itself.

I don't know. This culture of ours has gone over the edge, and these kids are living in a vacuum that supports it. I don't know that they need any help.

What, other the self gratification, do you think is their motivation? As I said, it take effort to protest. So it is not them just sitting around taking selfies.

Case in point, Missouri.

Of course there is an end game, at least that I can understand. Your snarky response, are you implying that these "kids" are protesting for no good reason and have no end game? Really?

Case in point, Missouri.

Do you know what the story is behind those selfie girls? I bet you don't. Let me help.

Selfie-taking sorority girls offer free tickets to charity

Narcissistic bitches!

Case in point, Missouri.

... it's not good, and because the US is now an "idiocracy" it won't reverse ...

.............Did someone forget to teach their kids that things are not FREE?

Seems like it. We suddenly have this whole massive generation of young people who believe that the government is Big Daddy Warbucks and can provide everything for FREE.

When and how did THIS happen??? :dunno:

Do we need to all sit down and have a grown-up conversation?

The hunger strike refered to in the OP, was that over free education? Is that what all this crap is all about? If so that I can understand. But so far I am not sure what someone wants a person to do because some ahole wrote the N word on their door.

Since all blacks do not get the N word written on their door then I would suggest those who do quit acting like dickwads.

Last edited:

Case in point, Missouri.

Of course there is an end game, at least that I can understand. Your snarky response, are you implying that these "kids" are protesting for no good reason and have no end game? Really?

Dummy. You suggested that they are being funded by someone. You know......a puppet master. Someone with a nefarious agenda.

They are t being funded or led by anyone. That's conspiracy theory shit.....and you are a conspiracy theorist.

Now....try hard not to take my words out of context this time.

Forum List

Back