what is the alt right?

All 3 were from a time that both parties were directly 180 degrees different from today. Due to FDR and congress of the time, there was an exchange of people between parties from both sides. It was happening during Eisenhower who also backed what those amendments stood for. As did Kennedy and Johnson. After 8 years of Democrats controlling Washington during Kennedy and Johnson and the decade of FDRs control, the Republican party was hijacked by some very unsavory people that had more in common with the failed Dixiecrats than the old republicans. The GOP never has been the same since.

Today, Teddy, Lincoln and Eisenhower have more in common with the Democratic Party than the GOP. Trump isn't the problem, he's just a symptom.
Lincoln had nothing in common with today's Democratic Party, literally nothing.

He was a heavily religious, heavily patriotic, heavily racial white man.

Actually he was an atheist, but as with the rest of this laundry list, it's irrelevant.
LOL

You are seriously stupid if you think a man who mentioned God more than a Southern Baptist preacher was an atheist.

You are seriously moronic if you think "atheist" means "don't mention god".
It really does.

And, I've noticed that government school grads don't capitalize "God," too.

:lol: Woodrow Wilson was in no way a "Liberal". He was a racist asshole.

Oh wait --- you're the historically challenged wag who thinks "Liberal", "Democrat" and "Leftist" all mean the same thing, because the complexities of distinction are over your head. :rofl:

" Woodrow Wilson was in no way a "Liberal". He was a racist asshole."

Time to explore your dishonesty again.....so soon????

"Woodrow Wilson: Godfather of Liberalism
It has become fashionable today for those who once called themselves “liberals” to refer to themselves instead as “progressives.” This is a phenomenon evident both among our politicians and among our intellectual class.

In the 2008 presidential primary campaign, Hillary Clinton was asked whether she was a “liberal”; she distanced herself from that term (which still seems toxic to much of the electorate) and described herself instead as a “progressive.” When pressed, she made clear that she meant by this term to connect herself to the original Progressives from the turn of the 20th century. Similarly, what is arguably the most prominent think tank on the Left today is called the Center for American Progress, which has an entire project dedicated to preserving and protecting the legacy of America’s original Progressive Movement."

Woodrow Wilson: Godfather of Liberalism

You're quite the dunce, aren't you.

Or.....a pathological liar.

Which is it?

And....as a racist, he certainly was in the right party.

This is what I just said --- a racist asshole. That makes "Liberal" impossible. You can't be a racist and Liberal at the same time. They're mutually exclusive.

Let's remind all....Liberals are no more than a spin-off of communism: they both work toward the same goals.

Liberalism arose and created a country -- this one -- before Karl Marx was a twinkle in his daddy's eye. You're not entitled to your own version of linear time either.

Proof....I gave you several opportunities to deny that the icon of said party is and has always been a racist.

You never even presented a case.

Bill 'the rapist' Clinton....inveterate racist and personification of the Democrat Party.

There's no such thing. Never has been.
Prove me wrong.

You know you can't snow me. You've known that as long as I've been on this site.

"This is what I just said --- a racist asshole. That makes "Liberal" impossible. You can't be a racist and Liberal at the same time. They're mutually exclusive."

"You can't be a racist and Liberal at the same time."
Actually, it's a requirement.

Proof?

Sure....Bill 'the rapist' Clinton.

Your recitation of political truth reeks of the same skills that ended the career of Milli Vanilli.

I love proving you to be a fool and a liar.......i.e., a Liberal.

You continue to astonish with the level of dumb-down required to address your diarrhaeic drivel.

Personal behaviour is just that --- personal. It has absolute Zero to do with "Liberalism" or any other type of political philosophy. Said Captain Obvious to the three-year-old.

That applies to "rapist" --- which is not what I posted; I said "racist". Has a C in it. Different word, different definition.

"Rape" is personal behaviour. "Racism" is a belief. Personal behaviour does not conflict with philosophy as long as hypocrisy exists. But two beliefs, antagonistic to each other, DO. You cannot believe in two opposites simultaneously. At least one of them cannot be a belief. Just as the term "Liberal" cannot mean the opposite of itself, so Doublethink cannot exist in the real world.

Which is obviously a realm you're unfamiliar with.

More of a spanking????

You require even more???

Excellent.

1. The Democrat Party is and has always been, the party of slavery, segregation, Jim Crow, the KKK, and second class citizenship.

2. The father of the Democrat Party was Andrew Jackson....the man responsible for 'The Trail of Tears."

3. The Republican Party was created to stop the infection known as the 'Democrats.'

4. The Democrats did everything to keep blacks as servants....and this attitude was actually voiced by Bill 'the rapist' Clinton.
I dare you to challenge me on that.

5. Democrat Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger Taney decided that blacks were the equivalent of furniture.

6. "Some critics of the Dred Scott decision charged that President James Buchanan had conspired with Chief Justice Roger B. Taney to allow further expansion of slavery. Such critics included Abraham Lincoln and other Republicans."
Buchanan-Taney Conspiracy

7. Democrat Hugo Black was Democrat FDR’s first appointee, in 1937. This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.” Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: "They all look alike to a person not a Jap"*: The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU

a. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:
"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance: Hugo Black and the real history of "the wall of separation between church and state"

8. A full hundred years later, the Democrats were the very same party of segregation...

a. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” http://business.highbeam.com/435900...ddox-dies-87-segregationist-exgovernor-leaves

b. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.

c. 1966- Republican Spiro Agnew ran against Democrat segregationists George Mahoney for governor of Maryland. Agnew enacted some of the first laws in the nation against race discrimination in public housing. “Agnew signed the state's first open-housing laws and succeeded in getting the repeal of an anti-miscegenation law.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiro_Agnew#Governor_of_Maryland

9. Oh....and the Liberal/Democrat icon, LBJ????
He consistently voted against, and blocked Republican anti-lynching bills.
Prior to 1957, LBJ “had never supported civil rights legislation- any civil rights legislation. In the Senate and House alike, his record was an unbroken one of votes against every civil rights bill that had ever come to a vote: against voting rights bills; against bills that would have struck at job discrimination and at segregation in other areas of American life; even against bills that would have protected blacks from lynching.”
Robert Caro, “Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson, vol.3,” p. xv.

By the numbers:

1- again there is no such thing. Never has been. Start there.

2- if (1) were a real thing, that would be true.

3- False. The first half of the 19th century is littered with political parties coming and going. Most didn't survive, the DemocratIC Party did. And in the election of 1860, it came in fourth.

The Republican Party was created to champion the cause of Abolition. A cause those various other parties of the 19th century either failed to execute, or took a jellyfish stance on hoping it would just go away if ignored and/or placated.

The Democrats were in the latter group. That's why they came in fourth in 1860 --- the slaveholders weren't hearing what they wanted at the convention so they bolted (like 1948) and ran their own candidate. The end result of that was that the DemocratIC candidate got exactly the same electoral vote in the South that Lincoln did --- ZERO. And Lincoln's name wasn't even on a ballot.

4- you have yet to make any case beyond ipse dixit.

5- And? In our own time the same body decided that corporations were people. Your point?

6- And?

7- And?

We've waxed eloquent and loquacious on the nature of the Klan and its anti-Catholic, anti-Jew, anti-black, anti-labor, anti-immigrant bent. You know -- all those groups that were and are constituents of the DemocratIC party...

8- Actually here in the real world (q.v.) less than a century later the racists walked out on the Democrats (again) because they were hearing too much about them consarned "civil rights". So they ran their own party against the Democrats, and nearly cost Truman the election. Next time that third party Prez candidate came up for re-election, the Democrats kicked him off the ballot and he had to run as a write-in. Which he did, and won without a party.

8a - And?

Did you forget to plug in your Association fallacies? You have 90 minutes to edit...

b - Carter infiltrated his way into office and then exposed himself as anti-racist, which pissed off the racists but by then he was in. In other words --- he played them like a banjo.

c- AND???

I sense you're still enslaved to this cockamamie idea that "Liberal" is mutually exclusive with "Republican" and always synonymous with "Democrat".

So naïve.

9- LBJ was if nothing else practical, and cajoled his Southern colleagues to the extent possible. He's the same guy who pushed relentlessly for the CRA, even turning his party's back on them to do it, predicting the effect and underestimating the duration ("We (Democrats) have lost the South for a generation")

Fun fact: LBJ was the first POTUS since Grant to prosecute the Klan. As a boy he had to hide in the basement while his father and uncles stood vigil with shotguns anticipating a Klan attack for their denunciation of the lynching of Leo Frank, the even that immediately preceded and precipitated the re-forming of the Klan in 1915.

Last edited:

Actually he was an atheist, but as with the rest of this laundry list, it's irrelevant.
LOL

You are seriously stupid if you think a man who mentioned God more than a Southern Baptist preacher was an atheist.

It really does.

You're in absolutely no position to be proofreading with your record here.

It ain't capitalized when it's a generic.

" Woodrow Wilson was in no way a "Liberal". He was a racist asshole."

Time to explore your dishonesty again.....so soon????

"Woodrow Wilson: Godfather of Liberalism
It has become fashionable today for those who once called themselves “liberals” to refer to themselves instead as “progressives.” This is a phenomenon evident both among our politicians and among our intellectual class.

In the 2008 presidential primary campaign, Hillary Clinton was asked whether she was a “liberal”; she distanced herself from that term (which still seems toxic to much of the electorate) and described herself instead as a “progressive.” When pressed, she made clear that she meant by this term to connect herself to the original Progressives from the turn of the 20th century. Similarly, what is arguably the most prominent think tank on the Left today is called the Center for American Progress, which has an entire project dedicated to preserving and protecting the legacy of America’s original Progressive Movement."

Woodrow Wilson: Godfather of Liberalism

You're quite the dunce, aren't you.

Or.....a pathological liar.

Which is it?

And....as a racist, he certainly was in the right party.

This is what I just said --- a racist asshole. That makes "Liberal" impossible. You can't be a racist and Liberal at the same time. They're mutually exclusive.

Let's remind all....Liberals are no more than a spin-off of communism: they both work toward the same goals.

Liberalism arose and created a country -- this one -- before Karl Marx was a twinkle in his daddy's eye. You're not entitled to your own version of linear time either.

Proof....I gave you several opportunities to deny that the icon of said party is and has always been a racist.

Bill 'the rapist' Clinton....inveterate racist and personification of the Democrat Party.

Prove me wrong.

You know you can't snow me. You've known that as long as I've been on this site.

"This is what I just said --- a racist asshole. That makes "Liberal" impossible. You can't be a racist and Liberal at the same time. They're mutually exclusive."

Proof?

Your recitation of political truth reeks of the same skills that ended the career of Milli Vanilli.

You continue to astonish with the level of dumb-down required to address your diarrhaeic drivel.

Personal behaviour is just that --- personal. It has absolute Zero to do with "Liberalism" or any other type of political philosophy. Said Captain Obvious to the three-year-old.

That applies to "rapist" --- which is not what I posted; I said "racist". Has a C in it. Different word, different definition.

"Rape" is personal behaviour. "Racism" is a belief. Personal behaviour does not conflict with philosophy as long as hypocrisy exists. But two beliefs, antagonistic to each other, DO. You cannot believe in two opposites simultaneously. At least one of them cannot be a belief. Just as the term "Liberal" cannot mean the opposite of itself, so Doublethink cannot exist in the real world.

More of a spanking????

You require even more???

Excellent.

1. The Democrat Party is and has always been, the party of slavery, segregation, Jim Crow, the KKK, and second class citizenship.

2. The father of the Democrat Party was Andrew Jackson....the man responsible for 'The Trail of Tears."

3. The Republican Party was created to stop the infection known as the 'Democrats.'

4. The Democrats did everything to keep blacks as servants....and this attitude was actually voiced by Bill 'the rapist' Clinton.

5. Democrat Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger Taney decided that blacks were the equivalent of furniture.

6. "Some critics of the Dred Scott decision charged that President James Buchanan had conspired with Chief Justice Roger B. Taney to allow further expansion of slavery. Such critics included Abraham Lincoln and other Republicans."

7. Democrat Hugo Black was Democrat FDR’s first appointee, in 1937. This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.” Engage: Conversations in Philosophy: "They all look alike to a person not a Jap"*: The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU

a. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:
"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance: Hugo Black and the real history of "the wall of separation between church and state"

8. A full hundred years later, the Democrats were the very same party of segregation...

a. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” http://business.highbeam.com/435900...ddox-dies-87-segregationist-exgovernor-leaves

b. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.

c. 1966- Republican Spiro Agnew ran against Democrat segregationists George Mahoney for governor of Maryland. Agnew enacted some of the first laws in the nation against race discrimination in public housing. “Agnew signed the state's first open-housing laws and succeeded in getting the repeal of an anti-miscegenation law.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiro_Agnew#Governor_of_Maryland

Prior to 1957, LBJ “had never supported civil rights legislation- any civil rights legislation. In the Senate and House alike, his record was an unbroken one of votes against every civil rights bill that had ever come to a vote: against voting rights bills; against bills that would have struck at job discrimination and at segregation in other areas of American life; even against bills that would have protected blacks from lynching.”

By the numbers:

3- False. The first half of the 19th century is littered with political parties coming and going. Most didn't survive, the DemocratIC Party did. And in the election of 1860, it came in fourth.

5- And? In our own time the same body decided that corporations were people. Your point?

6- And?

7- And?

We've waxed eloquent and loquacious on the nature of the Klan and its anti-Catholic, anti-Jew, anti-black, anti-labor, anti-immigrant bent. You know -- all those groups that were and are constituents of the DemocratIC party...

8- Actually here in the real world (q.v.) less than a century later the racists walked out on the Democrats (again) because they were hearing too much about them consarned "civil rights". So they ran their own party against the Democrats, and nearly cost Truman the election. Next time that third party Prez candidate came up for re-election, the Democrats kicked him off the ballot and he had to run as a write-in. Which he did, and won without a party.

8a - And?

Did you forget to plug in your Association fallacies? You have 90 minutes to edit...

b - Carter infiltrated his way into office and then exposed himself as anti-racist, which pissed off the racists but by then he was in. In other words --- he played them like a banjo.

c- AND???

I sense you're still enslaved to this cockamamie idea that "Liberal" is mutually exclusive with "Republican" and always synonymous with "Democrat".

So naïve.

9- LBJ was if nothing else practical, and cajoled his Southern colleagues to the extent possible. He's the same guy who pushed relentlessly for the CRA, even turning his party's back on them to do it, predicting the effect and underestimating the duration ("We (Democrats) have lost the South for a generation")

Fun fact: LBJ was the first POTUS since Grant to prosecute the Klan. As a boy he had to hide in the basement while his father and uncles stood vigil with shotguns anticipating a Klan attack for their denunciation of the lynching of Leo Frank, the even that immediately preceded and precipitated the re-forming of the Klan in 1915.

I, correctly, posted this:

You, this fabrication:

When I force you expose that you are a liar, right from the start.....my case has been won.

BTW, you dunce.....how come you don't ask me to prove that Bill 'the rapist' Clinton is and has always been a racist....consistent with his position in the party of racism???

What are you afraid of?

LOL

It really does.

The capitalized "God" is pretty much just the biblical one.

Government schools usually only delve into Islam if they are going to discuss religion, and that supposedly is in order to "educate" kids about it.

LOL

It really does.

You can't help yourself from lying, huh?

One of those Anthony Weiner personality defects.

The "God" referenced is that of the Judeo-Christian tradition....and, hence, is capitalized.

"One of the most common questions people ask about religious words is whether tocapitalize the word “god.” The name of any specific deity is capitalized just like any other name, so when “God” is used to refer to “the one God,” (in other words, in any monotheistic religion) it is capitalized.Apr 21, 2011"
Grammar Girl : Do You Capitalize “God”? :: Quick and Dirty Tips ™
www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/do-you-capitalize-“god

Gee....you haven't been right about anything since disco died, eh?

You are factually wrong there, sorry. Strom Thurmond was a Democrat early in his career, and switched parties to the GOP after the Democratic party became stronger proponents of civil rights. Strom was a segregationist, ran as a segregationist third party candidate, and repeatedly won re-election once he did switch parties to the GOP. IF the Democratic part "is and always has been" a party of slavery and segregation, there'd have been no rift between Thurmond and the Democrats and no need to switch parties. Thurmond, a segregationist, abandoning the Democrats for the GOP proves that the party did change around the 60's away from it's historical stance prior to the Civil War and towards the kind of positions that a segregationist like Thurmond would have found untenable.

There's also the curious case of David Duke in Louisiana. If the Democrats were what you claim they were, Duke would running as a Democrat. He's not, and he didn't run as a Democrat when he ran for Governor.

LOL

It really does.

The "God" referenced is that of the Judeo-Christian tradition....and, hence, is capitalized.

And that was not what I wrote about, Dumbass. Go learn how to read.

Prove me wrong.

Proof?

More of a spanking????

You require even more???

Excellent.

By the numbers:

6- And?

7- And?

8a - And?

c- AND???

So naïve.

You, this fabrication:

When I force you expose that you are a liar, right from the start.....my case has been won.

BTW, you dunce.....how come you don't ask me to prove that Bill 'the rapist' Clinton is and has always been a racist....consistent with his position in the party of racism???

What are you afraid of?

You must be metally retarded. As in lead.

The Alt right is a mixture of loserterinaism and white nationalism.

Tiny little government
Little investment in our own country
The rich gets big tax cuts
But the country is white
Little immigration
Very religious

A mixture of both movements.

Fucking stupid.

You are factually wrong there, sorry. Strom Thurmond was a Democrat early in his career, and switched parties to the GOP after the Democratic party became stronger proponents of civil rights. Strom was a segregationist, ran as a segregationist third party candidate, and repeatedly won re-election once he did switch parties to the GOP. IF the Democratic part "is and always has been" a party of slavery and segregation, there'd have been no rift between Thurmond and the Democrats and no need to switch parties. Thurmond, a segregationist, abandoning the Democrats for the GOP proves that the party did change around the 60's away from it's historical stance prior to the Civil War and towards the kind of positions that a segregationist like Thurmond would have found untenable.

There's also the curious case of David Duke in Louisiana. If the Democrats were what you claim they were, Duke would running as a Democrat. He's not, and he didn't run as a Democrat when he ran for Governor.

Thurmond bolted the party in '48 to run against the Democrats, endorsed Eisenhower in the next election, then got kicked off the Democratic ticket on his next re-election, becoming the first of only two Senators ever elected by write in with no party affiliation (the second was Lisa Murkowski).

One of the obvious examples of the bipolar strange-bedfellow sandwich in the old Democratic Party where staunch Liberals and staunch conservatives shared the same party for 99 years until Thurmond finally committed the unthinkable. George Wallace was another, constantly railing against Liberals, and he too offered to switch parties so he could be Goldwater's running mate that same year. Goldwater declined, and then had to talk Wallace out of bolting himself and running as a third party that year, since the South was the only regional support Goldwater could count on. Four years later Wallace went ahead and did that.

Southerners bolting from the Democratic Party because it basically wasn't racist enough went all the way back to 1860, when the South disrupted the party convention, walked out, and then nominated their own rival candidate, who won most of the South and left the Democrat with one state.

This has always been a cultural artifact; in 1860 the Whigs were dead as a party, the Republicans were new and didn't even run in the South, and the Constitutional Union Party, which won the Southern states Breckinridge didn't, was a flash in the pan that soon disappeared, so the Democrats were the only game in town until after the War. By then, associating with the party of Lincoln, the man who had defeated and humiliated the (white) South in a war it had expected to win and the entity that came to occupy it, was unthinkable, so Democrats were still the only game in town for another 99 years until Thurmond took the step, at least for white Southerners.

In the parallel Southern universe, blacks supported Republicans as much as they could, until the 1930s when they flipped to FDR and have stayed with the Democratic Party ever since. And that's a result of the shift of those two parties around the two Roosevelts at and just after the turn of the century, when the DP absorbed the Populist movement, which ball FDR took and ran with, and the RP took on the interests of the rich and the corporations, which TR tried to resist and was beaten away by the Party establishment in 1912.

The Klan, meanwhile, has never had a political affiliation in any of its iterations, and from the beginning went out of its way to avoid political overtones. But it was certainly not above entangling itself with politicians in the time period referenced above, getting mayors, city councilmembers, governors and senators elected, using whichever political party suited them in that time and place, certainly including Republicans, and as well working against others that were not to their liking, certainly including Democrats. One Klanner, Charles Bowles, got elected Mayor of Detroit with no political party at all.

Some of the first inklings of the black migration from the RP to the DP began in that peak of Klan activism, the 1920s....
Screen-Shot-2016-02-29-at-10.20.58-AM.png

(New York Times, 1924)​

If the Klan were a part of one political party, it would hardly be endorsing and campaigning for the opposite party, nor would it be persecuting that party's own constituents (blacks, Jews, immigrants, labor unions).

What's missing in Spandex Gurl's limited Binary Box is that the Klan wasn't out for political aims but for socio-cultural-religious ones. It was in essence the American Taliban (among its other targets were drinkers (it was staunchly pro-Prohibition) and gamblers; it was known to raid people's homes to whip a man for adultery or a woman for "not going to church").

it's beyond the comprehension for some wags that there are socio-cultural dynamics beyond the scope of the binary "Democrat/Republican" dichotomy through which All Things Must Pass or else they suffer mental constipation. It's just too complex for these people. So they come up with a boogeyman, assign it to whichever party they're against, and it's off to the races of strawman association fallacies. Fallacies we can shoot full of holes all day.

The Alt right is a mixture of loserterinaism and white nationalism.

Tiny little government
Little investment in our own country
The rich gets big tax cuts
But the country is white
Little immigration
Very religious

A mixture of both movements.

Fucking stupid.

It's basically the 21st century continuation of the Know Nothing nativist party. That was a xenophobic hypernationalist group who persecuted the Mexican/Muslims of that time, which was immigrants and/or Catholics. It stood for "one hundred percent Americanism", a banner later taken up by the Klan iteration of 1915, which stood for exactly the same jingoism and persecuted exactly the same groups -- immigrants and Catholics, and by then Jews and labor unions and added religious bases.

Which is why Donald Rump has been repeatedly compared to the Know Nothings. To paraphrase George H.W. Bush, "it's the division thing".

Actually....you are the one who is wrong.

1. The Democrat party historically was always actively promoting laws that supported racial segregation and had several Ku Klux Klansmen such as: Democrat Senators Robert Byrd, Senator Al Gore Sr., Democrat President Harry S. Truman, Democrat Governors Strom Thurmond filibustered against civil rights in 1957 and George Wallace blocked black students entry into segregated schools in 1957. As a side note, as a Democrat Senator, JFK himself voted against the 1957 civil rights act too.
President Lyndon B. Johnson 1964 Legacy to Obama - History Matters - Rovalocity

2. In 1948, Strom Thurmond ran as a “Dixiecrat,” not “Dixiecan.” They were segregationists, and an offshoot of the Democrat Party. And they remained Democrats.
  1. The so-called “Dixiecrats” remained Democrats and did not migrate to the Republican Party. The Dixiecrats were a group of Southern Democrats who, in the 1948 national election, formed a third party, the State’s Rights Democratic Party with the slogan: “Segregation Forever!” Even so, they continued to be Democrats for all local and state elections, as well as for all future national elections. http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#The__Dixiecrats__Remained_Democrats
  2. While all Democrats weren’t segregationists, all segregationists were Democrats.
  3. Klan members and racists including Democrat FDR's first pick for the Supreme Court, Hugo Black, as well as George Wallace, ‘Bull’ Connor, Orval Faubus, Lester Maddox, etc.
  4. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:

3. But the most important segregationists were Democrats in the U.S. Senate, where civil rights bills went to die.

a. "On June 13, 2005, in a resolution sponsored by senators Mary Landrieu of Louisiana and George Allen of Virginia, together with 78 others, the US Senate formally apologized for its failure to enact this and other anti-lynching bills "when action was most needed."[3] From 1882-1968, "...nearly 200 anti-lynching bills were introduced in Congress, and three passed the House. Seven presidents between 1890 and 1952 petitioned Congress to pass a federal law."[3] None was approved by the Senate because of the powerful opposition of the Southern Democratic voting bloc"
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159348,00.html

1. Here’s a great opportunity to see the work the media does: challenge anyone to name one segregationist U.S. Senator, and the only one they’ll be able to name is Thurmond….the only one who became a Republican. Get the idea?
  2. The media intentionally hides the civil rights records of lifelong, liberal Democrats to make it look as if it was the Republican Party that was the party of segregation and racial discrimination.
  3. The most important points: all the segregationists in the Senate were Democrats, and remained same for the rest of their lives…except for one. And they were not conservative.

1. Strom Thurmond became a Republican, albeit 16 years later.

4." There's also the curious case of David Duke in Louisiana. If the Democrats were what you claim they were, Duke would running as a Democrat. He's not, and he didn't run as a Democrat when he ran for Governor."
It appears you are ignorant of the facts:

a.. "David Ernest Duke (born July 1, 1950) is an American white nationalist, politician, antisemitic conspiracy theorist and former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.[4][5]
A former one-term Republican Louisiana State Representative, he was a candidate in the Democratic presidential primaries in 1988."
David Duke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b. As recently as 2012 he was still supporting Democrats.
"In 2012 a racist, dictator-loving, anti-Semitic, African-American NYC Councilman named Charles Barron ran for the Democratic Party nomination in New York’s 8th Congressional District. While some NYC Democrats such as Ed Koch and Jerrold Nadler condemned Barron and his Bigotry. But outside of NYC Democrats stayed neutral and refused to condemn the racist Charles Barron, even though was supported by white supremacist and anti-semitic David Duke."
David Duke Endorsed This DEMOCRAT, but the Media Didn't Care!

c. "As a Democrat, Duke lost two state Senate campaigns in the 1970s and briefly ran for president in 1979. He tried again for president in 1988, where he didn't make much headway. " Former KKK leader David Duke is running for Senate. How well could he do?

5. "The Democrat Party is and has always been, the party of slavery, segregation, Jim Crow, the KKK, and second class citizenship."
As further proof, the most popular Democrat former President....and one the Democrats wish to put back in the White House is life-time racist, Bill Clinton.
Right up to today.
A racist his entire political life.
Why don't you challenge me to prove it?

Let me know if you require further edification on this matter.

Last edited:
It really does.

And that was not what I wrote about, Dumbass. Go learn how to read.

Ooooo......I really burned you, huh?

Expect more.

Proof?

More of a spanking????

You require even more???

Excellent.

By the numbers:

6- And?

7- And?

8a - And?

c- AND???

So naïve.

You, this fabrication:

What are you afraid of?

You must be metally retarded. As in lead.

What are you afraid of?

Forum List

Back