What is the point in having nuclear weapons if you don't use them?

I can still remember an argument I had with a very pompous political science professor in the early seventies. He was very big on Kissinger and the M.A.D. doctrine was gospel to him. I tried to point out to him time after time that the fatal flaw in the M.A.D. doctrine was that it was all predicated upon rational actors representing nation states. Place nukes in the hands of those who are neither rational nor acting on behalf of a nation state and the whole logic of the thing falls apart like a house of cards.

As a deterrent. Until other super powers and rogue nations were allowed to get them. It kept a relative 'peace' within the world between rogues and super powers. Others power hungry did not want to have to experience a weapons mass destruction and quit trying to overtake smaller, weaker nations.

It's called 'deterrence'. The problem is that Islamic Extremism has produced nut job terrorists who just don't give a F* anymore. Deterrence doesn't work on them.
Well don't tell me, you damn fool Trumpbot. You're leader is asking the dumbshit question. LOL

It's called 'deterrence'. The problem is that Islamic Extremism has produced nut job terrorists who just don't give a F* anymore. Deterrence doesn't work on them.
Well don't tell me, you damn fool Trumpbot. You're leader is asking the dumbshit question. LOL

Your ploy to turn this into a Trump thread is obvious...that and you're too ignorant to understand MAD

After all, the US has paid no penalty for assisting Saddam gas the Iranians.

Your ploy to turn this into a Trump thread is obvious...that and you're too ignorant to understand MAD
Turn it into one? It was one from the start dupe.

Trump is in the OP, dupe? Look if you're this stupid don't bother me. I have zero patience for games and ignorant jagoffs such as yourself

Trump is in the OP, dupe? Look if you're this stupid don't bother me. I have zero patience for games and ignorant jagoffs such as yourself
Your powers of perception are astonishing.

Your powers of perception are astonishing.

Your trolling is annoying

Forum List

Back