What is the solution? Or at least what action should be taken?

Ban Assault type rifles, semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines. For current owners, make it illegal to carry one off one's property or sell it.

Ban large capacity magazines.

Put a gag on Trump.

Give Republicans a back bone

Pass the Democrat bills that passed the House. These look at mental aspects.

Over 18 million of these rifles in private hands.......3 used to kill people..... you are irrational and fairly stupid too...

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

Russia Polytechnic School shooting..... 5 shot, pump action shot gun....20 killed 40 injured

Virginia Tech, 32 killed 2 pistols

Luby's Cafe 24 killed, 2 pistols...

You don't know what you are talking about.
You seem to be ignoring that like 9 of our 10 worst mass shootings all used semi-auto rifles with high capacity magazines....

I bet our worst bombings involved bombs.
I bet our worst car accidents involved cars.
I bet our worst stabbings involved knives.

What an asinine argument.
Yes and when guns are used, semi-auto rifles with high capacity magazines kill the most.

Ban Assault type rifles, semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines. For current owners, make it illegal to carry one off one's property or sell it.

Put a gag on Trump.

Over 18 million of these rifles in private hands.......3 used to kill people..... you are irrational and fairly stupid too...

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

Russia Polytechnic School shooting..... 5 shot, pump action shot gun....20 killed 40 injured

18 million toys sitting in a closet with no practical use outside of plying with them.

Ban these weapons & reduce these mass killings.

Lives saved is worth more than toys owned.
----------------------------------------- read about the PURPOSE of the Second Amendment RDave .
That purpose is served by other weapons.

Put a gag on Trump.

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

18 million toys sitting in a closet with no practical use outside of plying with them.

Come and take it, tough guy.
Anothervreason these assault tuyperifles need to be banned.

People that own them think it makes them a tough guy.

So come and get it. Put your money where your mouth is, coward.
Listen to all the gun courage. Wow, you can almost pretend to be a man.

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

Then prove all of us to be the little manlets you claim we are and come take the guns. What the fuck are you waiting for?

Put a gag on Trump.

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

You seem to be ignoring that like 9 of our 10 worst mass shootings all used semi-auto rifles with high capacity magazines....

You mean except for the ones that used pistols...except for those.....and the one in Russia they used a 5 shot pump action shotgun....... the gun doesn't matter, the gun free zone is the cause of the deaths....
I clearly said reduced, not eliminate.

If the fun doesn't matter, why do you want an assault type rifle?

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

So what are the answer(s)?

Someone needs to take the time to sit down and profile all of these shooters, interview the ones still alive, and try and figure out what the hell is going on that triggering them to do this shit because until about 20 years ago you almost never heard about this. Something in society has changed.

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

Someone needs to take the time to sit down and profile all of these shooters, interview the ones still alive, and try and figure out what the hell is going on that triggering them to do this shit because until about 20 years ago you almost never heard about this. Something in society has changed.

It's the goddamn drugs.

Look at the rise of the use of pharmaceuticals and the correlation to mass shootings.

Bernie Sanders Protests Guns While Protected by Armed Guards

It's the goddamn drugs.

Look at the rise of the use of pharmaceuticals and the correlation to mass shootings.

That's certainly a theory worth looking into. I was just wondering earlier today how many of these kids were raised on Ritalin. Schools all over the country began drugging boys with this shit like crazy in the 90s

It's the goddamn drugs.

Countries with strong gun control use all the same drugs and don't seem to have a problem.

Then prove all of us to be the little manlets you claim we are and come take the guns. What the fuck are you waiting for?
You are a dangerous combination of keyboard and gun courage. So scary!

Countries with strong gun control use all the same drugs and don't seem to have a problem.

No, but some of them have other problems that we don't and you are also comparing different cultures. I would also point out that even the worst mass shooting here in the United States, which was right here in Las Vegas, pales in comparison to the worst mass shootings that have taken place in Europe with all of their gun control.

Something in society has changed
The internet and social media

No, but some of them have other problems that we don't and you are also comparing different cultures. I would also point out that even the worst mass shooting here in the United States, which was right here in Las Vegas, pales in comparison to the worst mass shootings that have taken place in Europe with all of their gun control.
Europe rarely has mass shootings...

It's the goddamn drugs.

That's certainly a theory worth looking into. I was just wondering earlier today how many of these kids were raised on Ritalin. Schools all over the country began drugging boys with this shit like crazy in the 90s

Ritalin is a big one. (Common Side Effects of Ritalin (Methylphenidate Hcl) Drug Center - RxList)

Among the list of common side effects is agitation, anxiety, and psychosis.

Stephen Paddock, the LA shooter, was on Diazepam. (Psychiatric Drugs and Mass Shootings Merits Investigation: 27 Drug Warnings and 1,531 Cases of Drug-Induced Homicidal Ideation Reported | CCHR International)

Side effects: "stimulation, restlessness, acute hyperexcited states, anxiety, agitation, aggressiveness, irritability, rage, hallucinations, psychoses, delusions, increased muscle spasticity, insomnia, sleep disturbances, and nightmares." (Diazepam (Diazepam Tablets): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses)

If you do the research you'll find an overwhelming percentage of these mass shooters have been on psychoactive drugs. If you're looking for something to blame, THAT'S where it is.

You are a dangerous combination of keyboard and gun courage. So scary!

Just admit you're a pussy who isn't gonna do a goddamn thing but sit and bitch on the internet, and be done with it.

Forum List

Back