What is the solution? Or at least what action should be taken?

For those who want gun restrictions or bans, how about this:...

We ban private ownership of all types (not individual models) of firearm thst all LEOs in that jurisdiction are banned from carrying. Any gun the cops can’t have the people can’t have and vice versa.

Ban Assault type rifles, semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines. For current owners, make it illegal to carry one off one's property or sell it.

Ban large capacity magazines.

Put a gag on Trump.

Give Republicans a back bone

Pass the Democrat bills that passed the House. These look at mental aspects.

Over 18 million of these rifles in private hands.......3 used to kill people..... you are irrational and fairly stupid too...

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

Russia Polytechnic School shooting..... 5 shot, pump action shot gun....20 killed 40 injured

Virginia Tech, 32 killed 2 pistols

Luby's Cafe 24 killed, 2 pistols...

You don't know what you are talking about.
You seem to be ignoring that like 9 of our 10 worst mass shootings all used semi-auto rifles with high capacity magazines....

You mean except for the ones that used pistols...except for those.....and the one in Russia they used a 5 shot pump action shotgun....... the gun doesn't matter, the gun free zone is the cause of the deaths....
I clearly said reduced, not eliminate.

If the fun doesn't matter, why do you want an assault type rifle?

It isn't an Assault type rifle.....how many times do you have to be told that.

These rifles are not military weapons...they are regular, semi-auto rifles, no different from any other semi-auto rifle........

Why would someone want an AR-15, the most common type of rifle in the country with likely 10 million in private hands....?

One, it is customizable, unlike the same rifle in a wood stock...that means the husband can shoot it, adjust the stock, and the wife can shoot, adjust the stock again and the kids can shoot it......then you can change barrels for different size bullets, you can have a rail on the top, unlike many wood rifles, where you can attach different types of sites and scopes....and on the bottom of the barrel you can add a laser and a light for home defense....

That's why...also, it is light, and you can carry it around the house more easily than a shotgun.

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

So what are the answer(s)?

Someone needs to take the time to sit down and profile all of these shooters, interview the ones still alive, and try and figure out what the hell is going on that triggering them to do this shit because until about 20 years ago you almost never heard about this. Something in society has changed.

They already have..........they have the notes from the dead ones too....fame, that is the key.......which is why the 24/7 news coverage fuels these attacks.

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

Someone needs to take the time to sit down and profile all of these shooters, interview the ones still alive, and try and figure out what the hell is going on that triggering them to do this shit because until about 20 years ago you almost never heard about this. Something in society has changed.

Something in society has changed
The internet and social media

Yep......add those to homes without fathers and you have the Hat Trick of mass shootings.

More fundamentalist Christianity ( the state support ) , abolishment of Kennedy's 1965 immigration act, no gun free zones, stop of any discussion regarding 2nd Amendment

What is the solution?

Buying a firearm illegally is easier than you think and I have seen straw purchases happen in the past.

Lowering the magazine count sound great unless you are someone like me that uses shotguns that hold multiple shots...

Reverting back to six shooters and single shot rifles sound great but resistance will happen...

Preventing people with mental health not owning a firearm is great had it not been for the fact every human has mental issues...

Using government lists like the no-fly list is a dream for the left until they discover the reality those lists are faulty and hard to get off of...

So what is the answer?

The answer is not simple in a multi-cultural society like America and one answer might work for one community it might not work for another.

Our society glorifies violence and I will be honest we need to start at an early age if you really want to make any real change because passing laws with how our society is now will be pointless...

Last edited:

Bet I can come up with more examples of mass shootings....

1.1 million times a year....rapes, robberies, murders stopped with guns and lives saved.......according to the Centers for Disease Control.....

12 mass public shootings in 2018....93 killed....

1,100,000 vs. 93

Can you tell which number is bigger?

93?

More people die because of stupidity than by a mass shooter but the mass shootings being shown on air make it seem there is more mass shooting than realized...

If youre looking for a solution to crazy people, good luck. Maybe psychological evaluations on every person in the US? Lock up every crazy person for life?

Winterborn, I'm a liberal and I do not know a single person that would ban all guns, although I'm sure they are around. I own a gun. So at my house your claim that liberals want to ban all guns is not valid. Assault weapons made for war..no dicking around with technical hair splitting, and large clips can go the way of the dodo in civilian society for all I care. But that is simply a limitation, not a ban.

As for your question about a solution, I do not know your generation, but for us really old folks one solution would be to stop pandering to prejudices. We all had (have) them, such as my Yankee scorn of the Southern Pride. But it was even then considered 'bad form'.

As Americans, I figure we are all free to hate anybody we desire. What we are not free to do is turn that hate into action that harms in any way another American

I know a few liberals that would ban all guns. And I know a few conservatives that believe the 2nd amendment means that citizens can own any weapon the police or military do. The reason I said what I said was to bypass that answer and get t o some "real" answers.

I'm one of those "old folks" you refer to.

If youre looking for a solution to crazy people, good luck. Maybe psychological evaluations on every person in the US? Lock up every crazy person for life?

We would all be in prison then...

Only if you set the standard to include everyone.

Every human has a form of mental illness the question is how bad is your mental illness.

A person with ten guns is a crazy person too the left and a person that is male wanting to be a female is crazy too the right...

The left think those that home school their kids are insane and those that send their kids too public school is insane too some on the right...

So in a insane world how do we really know if someone is same enough to own a firearm?

Winterborn, I'm a liberal and I do not know a single person that would ban all guns, although I'm sure they are around. I own a gun. So at my house your claim that liberals want to ban all guns is not valid. Assault weapons made for war..no dicking around with technical hair splitting, and large clips can go the way of the dodo in civilian society for all I care. But that is simply a limitation, not a ban.

As for your question about a solution, I do not know your generation, but for us really old folks one solution would be to stop pandering to prejudices. We all had (have) them, such as my Yankee scorn of the Southern Pride. But it was even then considered 'bad form'.

As Americans, I figure we are all free to hate anybody we desire. What we are not free to do is turn that hate into action that harms in any way another American

I know a few liberals that would ban all guns. And I know a few conservatives that believe the 2nd amendment means that citizens can own any weapon the police or military do. The reason I said what I said was to bypass that answer and get t o some "real" answers.

I'm one of those "old folks" you refer to.

These shooters are driven by a need for publicity due to their mental illness..... the first step is to ask networks to stop covering these shootings 24/7...but that is like asking sharks to stop responding to blood in the water...

Next..... ending gun free zones....we know these draw mass shooters because they tell us they do....from the ones we capture to the notes of the dead ones.

Next....encourage people who know these guys to report these guys......they are known to people long before they kill...

But since none of those above include giving up guns, they won't receive much traction.

Every human has a form of mental illness the question is how bad is your mental illness.

A person with ten guns is a crazy person too the left and a person that is male wanting to be a female is crazy too the right...

The left think those that home school their kids are insane and those that send their kids too public school is insane too some on the right...

So in a insane world how do we really know if someone is same enough to own a firearm?
If "everyone is crazy", then we single out the violent crazies from the normal "crazies".

The answers to this are very simple...

1. Reinstate the ability for people to be institutionalized without consent when necessary

2. Keep dangerous, violent criminals in jail or execute them.

3. Create an expectation for Security at ALL public places.

4. Private citizens need to step up and start being the first responders in these incidents. Carry your gun to protect yourself and others.

5. A Federal firearms license incorporated into the drivers license system that disqualifies individuals who shouldn’t have access rather than asserting positive licensing.

6. A NICS system that can be accessed by everyone and takes no longer than 90 seconds to respond.

Thst would be a good start.

Surprisingly, you have provided solid answers and a start to the actual discussion.
well in this case the borders being secured,,,that was the guys main malfunction

Anyone willing to drive 9 hours to open fire in a Walmart has far more malfunctions than a dislike of illegal immigrants. But at least it is a proactive suggestion.

we only have his words to go by,,,

No, we also have his actions to go by.

Are all the victims illegal immigrants? He opened fire in a Walmart when people were doing their back to school shopping. He has serious issues and more than just his problem with illegal immigrants.
If you read his online explanation, he didn't have an issue with just illegals. A poster here said he has been at the WalMart and he and his son were the only white people in it, All were Mexicans, he said. I doubt if Patrick Crusius distinguished between illegal and legal, just as many of the bigots here don't. They hate them all.
So because Democrats refuse to deal with illegal immigration in any way.....don't you think they deserves some blame?

Illegal immigration has been an issue for decades. No one has done anything, republican or democrat.

Surprisingly, you have provided solid answers and a start to the actual discussion.
Anyone willing to drive 9 hours to open fire in a Walmart has far more malfunctions than a dislike of illegal immigrants. But at least it is a proactive suggestion.

we only have his words to go by,,,

No, we also have his actions to go by.

Are all the victims illegal immigrants? He opened fire in a Walmart when people were doing their back to school shopping. He has serious issues and more than just his problem with illegal immigrants.
If you read his online explanation, he didn't have an issue with just illegals. A poster here said he has been at the WalMart and he and his son were the only white people in it, All were Mexicans, he said. I doubt if Patrick Crusius distinguished between illegal and legal, just as many of the bigots here don't. They hate them all.
So because Democrats refuse to deal with illegal immigration in any way.....don't you think they deserves some blame?

Illegal immigration has been an issue for decades. No one has done anything, republican or democrat.
Republicans are at least trying very very hard. Meanwhile, Democrats are ensuring it will never be fixed.

If "everyone is crazy", then we single out the violent crazies from the normal "crazies".

Even a normal crazy can have violent moments...

A young lady I know scream she want to kill this person and that person, so she should be denied her right to own a firearm and be sent too prison, correct?

Then you have the silent person that never says a thing and seem polite but deep down is thinking about mass murder and snaps one day and kills everyone...

Mental illness is with psychotic features are sometimes not seen before the damage is done...

..you can HAVE a gun----a pistol and rifle
not 30 though
..you can HAVE a gun--your right--but not gifting guns or buying one for your kid--this is NOT infringement at all
..you can HAVE a gun--not a 30 round mag though--this is NOT infringement
you can HAVE a gun--but there needs to be legal/regulated gunSTORES--this is NOT infringement
...it must be locked up...if stolen and it wasn't locked--you should have to wait years to get another
..stolen from a car-?--you have to wait to get another
--they are designed to KILL

those are all infringements,,,

and what if the car is locked???

dont be a dumbass,,,
I've been over this before--all rights are restricted--not unlimited

no they arent,,,

Sure they are. You have freedom of speech. But you can't yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater or slander someone.

Forum List

Back