What is the solution? Or at least what action should be taken?

In 1964 God was kicked out of schools and children were no longer told they were made in the image of God.

Now we enjoy the fruits of that decision.

View attachment 272695

God was not banned. School led prayer was banned.

Do you think God would have intervened if he were "still allowed in school"? BTW, as long as there are exams there are prayers in schools.
Spin how you wish.
Fact remains that right after that change mass shootings began.

That does not show that it is the cause.

And during the time that school led prayer was removed, many other social changes happened. The Civil Rights movement, women's liberation, a general distrust of the gov't, and the 24 hours commercialization of the news. All of those are more likely to have caused violent issues than no longer allowing school led prayer.

And if God in schools would protect people, why does he ignore the children victimized by clergy?

If youre looking for a solution to crazy people, good luck. Maybe psychological evaluations on every person in the US? Lock up every crazy person for life?

We would all be in prison then...
Only if you set the standard to include everyone.

Every human has a form of mental illness the question is how bad is your mental illness.

A person with ten guns is a crazy person too the left and a person that is male wanting to be a female is crazy too the right...

The left think those that home school their kids are insane and those that send their kids too public school is insane too some on the right...

So in a insane world how do we really know if someone is same enough to own a firearm?
If "everyone is crazy", then we single out the violent crazies from the normal "crazies".

Even a normal crazy can have violent moments...

A young lady I know scream she want to kill this person and that person, so she should be denied her right to own a firearm and be sent too prison, correct?

Then you have the silent person that never says a thing and seem polite but deep down is thinking about mass murder and snaps one day and kills everyone...

Mental illness is with psychotic features are sometimes not seen before the damage is done...
Normal people dont go on shooting rampages. Ive met sooo many people in the 46 years ive been alive; not one of them has shot anybody.

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

So what are the answer(s)?

Reopen Mental Institutions and hang all gun-grabbing commies. Problem solved. :04:
I'll buy 2 ARs tomorrow and I don't even like 'em, never have.

Ban Assault type rifles, semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines. For current owners, make it illegal to carry one off one's property or sell it.

Ban large capacity magazines.

Put a gag on Trump.

Give Republicans a back bone

Pass the Democrat bills that passed the House. These look at mental aspects.

Over 18 million of these rifles in private hands.......3 used to kill people..... you are irrational and fairly stupid too...

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

Russia Polytechnic School shooting..... 5 shot, pump action shot gun....20 killed 40 injured

Virginia Tech, 32 killed 2 pistols

Luby's Cafe 24 killed, 2 pistols...

You don't know what you are talking about.

18 million toys sitting in a closet with no practical use outside of plying with them.

Ban these weapons & reduce these mass killings.

Lives saved is worth more than toys owned.
----------------------------------------- read about the PURPOSE of the Second Amendment RDave .
That purpose is served by other weapons.
-------------------------- in Your OPINION RDave .

Ban Assault type rifles, semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines. For current owners, make it illegal to carry one off one's property or sell it.

Put a gag on Trump.

Over 18 million of these rifles in private hands.......3 used to kill people..... you are irrational and fairly stupid too...

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

Russia Polytechnic School shooting..... 5 shot, pump action shot gun....20 killed 40 injured

18 million toys sitting in a closet with no practical use outside of plying with them.

----------------------------------------- read about the PURPOSE of the Second Amendment RDave .
...and for the record, RDaves opinion is worth less than nothing.

Put a gag on Trump.

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

You seem to be ignoring that like 9 of our 10 worst mass shootings all used semi-auto rifles with high capacity magazines....

You mean except for the ones that used pistols...except for those.....and the one in Russia they used a 5 shot pump action shotgun....... the gun doesn't matter, the gun free zone is the cause of the deaths....
I clearly said reduced, not eliminate.

If the fun doesn't matter, why do you want an assault type rifle?

It isn't an Assault type rifle.....how many times do you have to be told that.

These rifles are not military weapons...they are regular, semi-auto rifles, no different from any other semi-auto rifle........

Why would someone want an AR-15, the most common type of rifle in the country with likely 10 million in private hands....?

One, it is customizable, unlike the same rifle in a wood stock...that means the husband can shoot it, adjust the stock, and the wife can shoot, adjust the stock again and the kids can shoot it......then you can change barrels for different size bullets, you can have a rail on the top, unlike many wood rifles, where you can attach different types of sites and scopes....and on the bottom of the barrel you can add a laser and a light for home defense....

That's why...also, it is light, and you can carry it around the house more easily than a shotgun.

Oh Jesus Fuck. You assfucks & your " OMG OMG OMG that is not an assault rifle" bullshit

People are DYING & you play these games. I said assault TYPE weapons. I know what they are. You know whsat we are talking about, So how about you shove your crap up your fat dishonest ass.

People are dying because of assfucks like you.

Funny shit how Remmington can sell deer rifles that are bolt action & not adjustable. People buy them & actually hit the deer they shoot at. Really.

There is no need for semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines. Ban them now. Trust me, you can survive without your toys.

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

...and for the record, RDaves opinion is worth less than nothing.
Obviously what I say can not over ride your inbred ignorance.

we only have his words to go by,,,

No, we also have his actions to go by.

Are all the victims illegal immigrants? He opened fire in a Walmart when people were doing their back to school shopping. He has serious issues and more than just his problem with illegal immigrants.
If you read his online explanation, he didn't have an issue with just illegals. A poster here said he has been at the WalMart and he and his son were the only white people in it, All were Mexicans, he said. I doubt if Patrick Crusius distinguished between illegal and legal, just as many of the bigots here don't. They hate them all.
So because Democrats refuse to deal with illegal immigration in any way.....don't you think they deserves some blame?

Illegal immigration has been an issue for decades. No one has done anything, republican or democrat.
Republicans are at least trying very very hard. Meanwhile, Democrats are ensuring it will never be fixed.
Very hard to do what? What is their plan?

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).
Winterborn, I'm a liberal and I do not know a single person that would ban all guns, although I'm sure they are around. I own a gun. So at my house your claim that liberals want to ban all guns is not valid. Assault weapons made for war..no dicking around with technical hair splitting, and large clips can go the way of the dodo in civilian society for all I care. But that is simply a limitation, not a ban.

As for your question about a solution, I do not know your generation, but for us really old folks one solution would be to stop pandering to prejudices. We all had (have) them, such as my Yankee scorn of the Southern Pride. But it was even then considered 'bad form'.

As Americans, I figure we are all free to hate anybody we desire. What we are not free to do is turn that hate into action that harms in any way another American

I know a few liberals that would ban all guns. And I know a few conservatives that believe the 2nd amendment means that citizens can own any weapon the police or military do. The reason I said what I said was to bypass that answer and get t o some "real" answers.

I'm one of those "old folks" you refer to.

These shooters are driven by a need for publicity due to their mental illness..... the first step is to ask networks to stop covering these shootings 24/7...but that is like asking sharks to stop responding to blood in the water...

Next..... ending gun free zones....we know these draw mass shooters because they tell us they do....from the ones we capture to the notes of the dead ones.

Next....encourage people who know these guys to report these guys......they are known to people long before they kill...

But since none of those above include giving up guns, they won't receive much traction.

Thank you NRA. More guns everywhere.

Countries with strong gun control use all the same drugs and don't seem to have a problem.

No, but some of them have other problems that we don't and you are also comparing different cultures. I would also point out that even the worst mass shooting here in the United States, which was right here in Las Vegas, pales in comparison to the worst mass shootings that have taken place in Europe with all of their gun control.
-------------------------------------- and State and GOV did the Massacres in 'cambodia' , and 'germany' and in 'Soviet union' and china to just name 4 .

Bet I can come up with more examples of mass shootings....

1.1 million times a year....rapes, robberies, murders stopped with guns and lives saved.......according to the Centers for Disease Control.....

12 mass public shootings in 2018....93 killed....

1,100,000 vs. 93

Can you tell which number is bigger?

93?

More people die because of stupidity than by a mass shooter but the mass shootings being shown on air make it seem there is more mass shooting than realized...

More people fie of....... (fill ion the blank)

Therefore we should do nothing about mass killings.

Great thinking.

No, we also have his actions to go by.

Are all the victims illegal immigrants? He opened fire in a Walmart when people were doing their back to school shopping. He has serious issues and more than just his problem with illegal immigrants.
If you read his online explanation, he didn't have an issue with just illegals. A poster here said he has been at the WalMart and he and his son were the only white people in it, All were Mexicans, he said. I doubt if Patrick Crusius distinguished between illegal and legal, just as many of the bigots here don't. They hate them all.
So because Democrats refuse to deal with illegal immigration in any way.....don't you think they deserves some blame?

Illegal immigration has been an issue for decades. No one has done anything, republican or democrat.
Republicans are at least trying very very hard. Meanwhile, Democrats are ensuring it will never be fixed.
If you have to ask that question, you dont follow politics enough to even be in this conversation.

Put a gag on Trump.

Gilroy, 3 killed.

Ohio 9 killed...

El Paso, 20 killed..

I get it. If you don't have an AR-15 you are not armed

If you have to ask that question, you dont follow politics enough to even be in this conversation.
So, you have nothing to post about Republicans.

What are they dong to address mass killings.

Here is what they are not doing:
1) not addressing guns
2) Not admitting their fat assed loud mouthed, hate spewing President has anything to do with it.

I just saw Trump on TV saying that hate has no place in our country.

Someone needs to strap him in a chair, tape his eyelids open & play his campaign speeches.

So he can see the hate flow when he gets all red faces & spews hate & violence.

..you can HAVE a gun----a pistol and rifle
not 30 though
..you can HAVE a gun--your right--but not gifting guns or buying one for your kid--this is NOT infringement at all
..you can HAVE a gun--not a 30 round mag though--this is NOT infringement
you can HAVE a gun--but there needs to be legal/regulated gunSTORES--this is NOT infringement
...it must be locked up...if stolen and it wasn't locked--you should have to wait years to get another
..stolen from a car-?--you have to wait to get another
--they are designed to KILL

those are all infringements,,,

and what if the car is locked???

dont be a dumbass,,,
I've been over this before--all rights are restricted--not unlimited

no they arent,,,

Sure they are. You have freedom of speech. But you can't yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater or slander someone.
-----------------------------sure , you can yell anything you like but you'll be arrested if there is no fire and people are hurt in the stampede WBorn . As far as Slander , you can slander all you like but you may be sued .

..you can HAVE a gun----a pistol and rifle
not 30 though
..you can HAVE a gun--your right--but not gifting guns or buying one for your kid--this is NOT infringement at all
..you can HAVE a gun--not a 30 round mag though--this is NOT infringement
you can HAVE a gun--but there needs to be legal/regulated gunSTORES--this is NOT infringement
...it must be locked up...if stolen and it wasn't locked--you should have to wait years to get another
..stolen from a car-?--you have to wait to get another
--they are designed to KILL

those are all infringements,,,

and what if the car is locked???

dont be a dumbass,,,
I've been over this before--all rights are restricted--not unlimited

no they arent,,,

Sure they are. You have freedom of speech. But you can't yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater or slander someone.
-----------------------------sure , you can yell anything you like but you'll be arrested if there is no fire and people are hurt in the stampede WBorn . As far as Slander , you can slander all you like but you may be sued .

winter are you really that dumb???

show me one law that says you cant yell fire or lie about another person,,,

I just saw Trump on TV saying that hate has no place in our country.

Someone needs to strap him in a chair, tape his eyelids open & play his campaign speeches.

So he can see the hate flow when he gets all red faces & spews hate & violence.

He laughs when people say we should shoot immigrants

Forum List

Back