What is this "Do not mention Nazis" thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
USMB is a privately owned and operated buisness , they've the right to censor anything they view , be it offensive or not

Most of the internets follow suit

Go bake cake if you don't like it

0bf41bec988f9914f8dc0856b113cc7a.png

~S~

That cake is not baked, and it is my favorite! Yummy Yummy!

Sunsettommy Do you ever actually answer a question, or always reply with another question?

Surely you are jesting since I made a lot of comments in the forum that have no questions in them at all.

Being given a loaded question is often not worth replying, for a good reason. Being given a number of slights with silly name calling and disrespectful remarks tells me you are not here to advance a real mature debate.

:bye1:

I'm here to express my concern over censoring the use of words, you?

You do realize I am the OP here, right?

You have advanced no argument at all, just continue to snipe at me with putdowns, gee have you wondered why there is no real debate here?

Here is my FIRST post in the thread:

"I have seen the use of the word Nazi being used on people they don't agree with. It is a form of a personal attack that should be stopped cold as it a pernicious way of trying to attach a hostile label on someone they want to knock down.

In other places the Forum Boss simply censored the word, or have the mods treat as a name calling violation, As a Moderator at WUWT, I have seen the word Nazi be thrown around casually that had no relation to history, it is an attack that was declared a no no by the blog owner, it quickly vanished.

Calling people names is only useful when you can back it up, but the word Nazi isn't of them since that awful piece of history ran out in 1945, that should be clamped down. "

Calling people Nazi is a personal attack, which you have yet to address. You kept calling me thin skinned and snowflake, which doesn't address my arguments at all.

What is a DEBATE?

"Debate is a process that involves formal discussion on a particular topic. In a debate, opposing arguments are put forward to argue for opposing viewpoints. Debate occurs in public meetings, academic institutions, and legislative assemblies.[1] It is a formal type of discussion, often with a moderator and an audience, in addition to the debate participants.

Logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal to the audience are elements in debating, where one side often prevails over the other party by presenting a superior "context" or framework of the issue. In a formal debating contest, there are rules for participants to discuss and decide on differences, within a framework defining how they will do it."

More of this and less name calling and putdowns, you will have a better debate.

Sunsettommy Do you ever actually answer a question, or always reply with another question?

Surely you are jesting since I made a lot of comments in the forum that have no questions in them at all.

Being given a loaded question is often not worth replying, for a good reason. Being given a number of slights with silly name calling and disrespectful remarks tells me you are not here to advance a real mature debate.

You have advanced no argument at all, just continue to snipe at me with putdowns, gee have you wondered why there is no real debate here?

"I have seen the use of the word Nazi being used on people they don't agree with. It is a form of a personal attack that should be stopped cold as it a pernicious way of trying to attach a hostile label on someone they want to knock down.

In other places the Forum Boss simply censored the word, or have the mods treat as a name calling violation, As a Moderator at WUWT, I have seen the word Nazi be thrown around casually that had no relation to history, it is an attack that was declared a no no by the blog owner, it quickly vanished.

Calling people names is only useful when you can back it up, but the word Nazi isn't of them since that awful piece of history ran out in 1945, that should be clamped down. "

Calling people Nazi is a personal attack, which you have yet to address. You kept calling me thin skinned and snowflake, which doesn't address my arguments at all.

What is a DEBATE?

"Debate is a process that involves formal discussion on a particular topic. In a debate, opposing arguments are put forward to argue for opposing viewpoints. Debate occurs in public meetings, academic institutions, and legislative assemblies.[1] It is a formal type of discussion, often with a moderator and an audience, in addition to the debate participants.

Logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal to the audience are elements in debating, where one side often prevails over the other party by presenting a superior "context" or framework of the issue. In a formal debating contest, there are rules for participants to discuss and decide on differences, within a framework defining how they will do it."

Or, one can simply take the personal attack in stride then proceed to pummel the nazi-caller with facts and

references that support their position. Unless they're too weak to be able to do so, that is. Ahem. In which case, their argument must not have been very strong in the first place. :dunno:

Do you realize that there will ALWAYS be some censorship in every forum. You never did make a case in your first post that the word NAZI was banned (oops I can still post it!), which is hilarious.

How many times did I read the word NAZI that have been posted successfully since post 137?

Snicker...……..

Do you realize that there will ALWAYS be some censorship in every forum. You never did make a case in your first post that the word NAZI was banned (oops I can still post it!), which is hilarious.

How many times did I read the word NAZI that have been posted successfully since post 137?

Snicker...……..

You're not exactly in tune with what's going on, bubba. Maybe you should look around a wee bit more before

spouting off about things you are ignorant of. I refuse to link you ..because rules.

:th_avatar107484_8:

What is a DEBATE?

Or, one can simply take the personal attack in stride then proceed to pummel the nazi-caller with facts and

references that support their position. Unless they're too weak to be able to do so, that is. Ahem. In which case, their argument must not have been very strong in the first place. :dunno:

YOUR first post complaint was dead on arrival since the word NAZI is still allowed 168 comments later.

I made clear that I object to personal attacks that doesn't advance debate from the start, with this qualifier attached: "Calling people names is only useful when you can back it up, but the word Nazi isn't of them since that awful piece of history ran out in 1945, that should be clamped down."

:lmao:

What is a DEBATE?

YOUR first post complaint was dead on arrival since the word NAZI is still allowed 168 comments later.

I made clear that I object to personal attacks that doesn't advance debate from the start, with this qualifier attached: "Calling people names is only useful when you can back it up, but the word Nazi isn't of them since that awful piece of history ran out in 1945, that should be clamped down."

What should be clamped down is your ignorant mouth. :)

By all means, keep a-flapping them gums, though. I'll continue to snicker. :04:

Snicker...……..

You're not exactly in tune with what's going on, bubba. Maybe you should look around a wee bit more before

spouting off about things you are ignorant of. I refuse to link you ..because rules.

:th_avatar107484_8:

The word remains unbanned it is all over the thread!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Never start a thread you can't back up with evidence.

What is a DEBATE?

What should be clamped down is your ignorant mouth. :)

By all means, keep a-flapping them gums, though. I'll continue to snicker. :04:

NAZI!

Oh my it is still not a banned word!

Calm down, be glad your favorite word of the night is still allowed.

In b4 the mod edit. :dance:

Censorship

"he suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security."

Since I can still post the word NAZI, it is not a censored word to me.

Censorship

"he suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security."

Since I can still post the word NAZI, it is not a censored word to me.

You still don't know what's going on, and continue to run that gator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back