What is your inflation rate?

Can you lay out how you did this?
Sure, but this is only my personal costs and not a reflection on others.

Coffee, milk, bananas, peanut butter, butter, bread, dry beans, dry peas, oranges, eggs, gas, utilities. All up where I shop an average of 50 percent over the last two years.

However, it doesn't bother me as interest on my savings is also up substantially.

Last edited:
Sure, but this is only my personal costs and not a reflection on others.

Coffee, milk, bananas, peanut butter, butter, bread, dry beans, dry peas, oranges, eggs, gas, utilities. All up where I shop an average of 50 percent over the last two years.

However, it doesn't bother me as interest on my savings is also up substantially.

Gotcha, thanks.

I have to admit I do not remember how much I paid for those things last week, let alone two years ago.

Gotcha, thanks.

I have to admit I do not remember how much I paid for those things last week, let alone two years ago.
Putting inflation in perspective and context,

Crisis-hit Venezuela tops a list of countries with the highest levels of inflation driving a high rate of emigration. Around 4 million people have fled Venezuela amid political and economic uncertainty, according to the UN Refugee Agency.

One of the primary hallmarks of the rebooting U.S. economy has been a worker shortage, resulting in a plethora of “help wanted” signs in the windows of retailers, restaurants and other businesses across the country. Beginning in 2020, the pandemic severely reduced immigration. Under 500,000 were entering the U.S. And last year, that figure dropped to about 247,000.

The worker shortage in the U.S. is resulting in higher prices as employers incur higher labor costs, raising salaries to attract scarce workers.

The unemployment rate in the U.S. now roughly approximates that of most nations worldwide:

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.22.25 AM.png
Inflation rates in European nations range from 6.6% in France to 25.2% in Estonia

Another significant factor contributing to inflation is the high cost of gasoline:

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.33.20 AM.png
Looking to fill up your tank for peanuts?

In Venezuela, you’ll pay only $0.08 per gallon. This is due to the country’s subsidies on gas, which were put in place by former President Hugo Chávez.

Other countries that offer cheap gas include Libya ($0.12 per gallon), Iran ($0.20 per gallon), Syria ($1.08 per gallon), Algeria ($1.20 per gallon), and Kuwait ($1.30 per gallon).

[Gasoline and diesel prices by country | GlobalPetrolPrices.com]

Forum List

Back