What kind of dwelling do you want?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Like the birds, we are nester's in our own right, hunting for the right home and then filling it up with stuff we like to live around.

What kind of house would you like to live in? I like Mediterranean styles with lots of arch ways and palm trees.

ELEV_LRI230ELEV2_550.JPG

i have always wanted an underground house....eastern facing with lots of glass...the front part made of stone

like just the bottom of this house...two stories is a bit much

I Need More Life Books

Here is one with glass, and a different style. I wonder how warm it would stay? Are you thinking like solar?

Underground-homes-6-400x300.jpg

Last edited:
When my ship comes in (assuming I'm not waiting for it at the bus station) I know exactly where I'll build my geo-thermal/solar/wind generating home.

On a south facing slope of a mountain about a mile from this house.

The South face will be mostly glass while the home will mostly be dug into the side of the mountain.

The cost for utilities ought to be minor as it will be heating or cooling air that starts at a temperature of about 55 degrees.

Like the birds, we are nester's in our own right, hunting for the right home and then filling it up with stuff we like to live around.

What kind of house would you like to live in? I like Mediterranean styles with lots of arch ways and palm trees.

ELEV_LRI230ELEV2_550.JPG

And this is how the housing crisis got so damn bad.

Wanting what you cant afford. Buying what you cant afford. And then crying foul when you get asked to pay for it.

just saying.

ELEV_LRI230ELEV2_550.JPG

I'd like a Mediterranean style house with lots of archways and palm trees, too. But I can't afford it and I don't expect someone else to buy it for me because I think I deserve to be equal to the Joneses.

I like the futuristic look as well. ;0
The after the revolution look when the conservatives take full control again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh what the Hell.
Ya like them thar archies eh ?

Attachments

• $P1240004.JPG
    $P1240004.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 42
  • $P1240006.JPG
    $P1240006.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 44
  • $P1240007.JPG
    $P1240007.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 40
But when doing arches you have to go to minute detail.

Attachments

• $P1240009.JPG
    $P1240009.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 40
  • $P1240010.JPG
    $P1240010.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 42
  • $P1240011.JPG
    $P1240011.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 40
I would like a mostly, all glass house, 3 stories high, sitting on a bluff 500 feet above the mighty Pacific Ocean in central Oregon. I want this on 6 densely forested acres and I want to watch the turbulent waves as they crash against the rocky volcanic shoreline. I want mostly misty days, alternating with soft sensual rain, then sunshine. I want to watch the powerful ocean as it turns into many shades of breathtaking beauty, from blue to green to platinum, while embraced by huge waves of white. :)

And that was you arch lesson for the day.
If I get a wild hair I'll post compound angles next.

Attachments

• $P1240022.JPG
    $P1240022.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 39
  • $P1240025.JPG
    $P1240025.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 37
  • $P1240027.JPG
    $P1240027.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 41
Here's one of mine while it was still under construction.

Yeah, I like that. I can see the archways. And fairly secluded as well. That is always a plus in this crowded world. I like that kind of tile roof as well, never go bad.

Forum List

Back