What liberals do in their down time.

So what if the "updated" Caesar had been Obama instead of Trump? Sooner of later one of your nutjobs will try to murder the president and you can act all surprised and upset (with a secret smile).
casty.gif

Then the right would have become Shakespeare fans overnight. It works both ways.

Ah, so we on "the right" can't possibly already be Bill Shakespeare fans because we're not sophisticated like you leftists? Lay on MacDORK. :lol:

So what if the "updated" Caesar had been Obama instead of Trump? Sooner of later one of your nutjobs will try to murder the president and you can act all surprised and upset (with a secret smile).
casty.gif

Then the right would have become Shakespeare fans overnight. It works both ways.

Ah, so we on "the right" can't possibly already be Bill Shakespeare fans because we're not sophisticated like you leftists? Lay on MacDORK. :lol:

Nope, that was not what I meant. I myself do not care for Shakespeare. He's just not my thing.

For those of us who actually WATCH Shakespeare plays and understand the many, many "updates" and variations that have been produced over the years, this is a storm over absolutely nothing. Shakespeare is still performed because he wrote about timeless conflicts and human situations.
Go see the play and think about its message and then if you still think this is a libtard's fantasy about killing Trump, by all means write about it.

Shakespeare wrote a play about Caesar being assassinated 1500 year after it happen. Publicly depicting the assassination of a sitting President is not a cool thing to do. If that had been done with that asshole Obama all the Moon Bats would have had a fit.

It is sad that things like this has to be explained to the Liberal scum in this country.

Okay.
For those of us who actually WATCH Shakespeare plays and understand the many, many "updates" and variations that have been produced over the years, this is a storm over absolutely nothing. Shakespeare is still performed because he wrote about timeless conflicts and human situations.
Go see the play and think about its message and then if you still think this is a libtard's fantasy about killing Trump, by all means write about it.

Yeah, pretty sure their financial backers don't see it that way.
That's fine. Killing a sitting President on stage is pushing the envelope. I stand by my defense of the play, though--a lot of the arguments in Caesar and the motivations about unseating the man in power are as relevant today as they were when Shakespeare wrote it; as they were when Caesar was assassinated.

Na, it was trash. If that's the case then you would be down with Half Black Jesus's getting lynched would be cool is a parallel could be drawn with say, Mississippi burning? Or if a play came out about Tail hook and Sasha and Milia were depicted getting gang rape not that would be cool ? Where does it stop? As far as parallels, Ceasar way off. King Lear would be more like it.

That sounds pretty whiny and not very relevant, to me.

I suppose you thought "piss Christ" (a Crucifix suspended in urine) was "art" too. How come none of these rodents do the same thing to a symbol of Islam? Isn't taking a chance on getting murdered still considered "edgy"?
I've said what I had to say about it, and I don't think my remarks were in anyway worth arguing over.
I've already said fine, if the sponsors don't like it, they should pull out.

Okay.

That's fine. Killing a sitting President on stage is pushing the envelope. I stand by my defense of the play, though--a lot of the arguments in Caesar and the motivations about unseating the man in power are as relevant today as they were when Shakespeare wrote it; as they were when Caesar was assassinated.

Na, it was trash. If that's the case then you would be down with Half Black Jesus's getting lynched would be cool is a parallel could be drawn with say, Mississippi burning? Or if a play came out about Tail hook and Sasha and Milia were depicted getting gang rape not that would be cool ? Where does it stop? As far as parallels, Ceasar way off. King Lear would be more like it.
Lear? Maybe. It's got the vanity thing going for it, and the daughters (Goneril would have to be one of the boys though). And the madness. Interesting. Your only problem there is that Trump is still in power and defending his ego at all costs. Maybe in a few years.

What's so apropos about Caesar is its chastisement of what the Dems are up to right now. I'm a little surprised you don't see that.
I agree it's not cool to kill a President on stage. Updating the play to modern times is not an unusual directorial decision, though. For anyone who didn't get the timelessness of the situation, that ought to do it.

Okay.

Lear? Maybe. It's got the vanity thing going for it, and the daughters (Goneril would have to be one of the boys though). And the madness. Interesting. Your only problem there is that Trump is still in power and defending his ego at all costs. Maybe in a few years.

What's so apropos about Caesar is its chastisement of what the Dems are up to right now. I'm a little surprised you don't see that.
I agree it's not cool to kill a President on stage. Updating the play to modern times is not an unusual directorial decision, though. For anyone who didn't get the timelessness of the situation, that ought to do it.

Its a show you NEED to see in person. I saw it at Lincoln Center in Ft Collins Co way back when. The actors came right down and did their thing in the audience to set the mood. great show.

Okay.

Its a show you NEED to see in person. I saw it at Lincoln Center in Ft Collins Co way back when. The actors came right down and did their thing in the audience to set the mood. great show.
Shakespeare rocks.

Okay.

Shakespeare rocks.

Yup, and it's not real sophisticated stuff either and it will drag anyone in most times.

What edge? In their tight little social and economic circle bashing Trump is accepted and even expected. It gets them smirks of gratitude at their fart sniffing/back patting parties.

Again, if they had did it with an Obama stand in, THAT would be pushing the envelope. This is just progressive mental masturbation.
Look how they freaked out over a rodeo clown wearing an Obama mask. Fired, barred for life from the rodeo and investigated by The federal government. True snowflakes.

What edge? In their tight little social and economic circle bashing Trump is accepted and even expected. It gets them smirks of gratitude at their fart sniffing/back patting parties.

Again, if they had did it with an Obama stand in, THAT would be pushing the envelope. This is just progressive mental masturbation.
Look how they freaked out over a rodeo clown wearing an Obama mask. Fired, barred for life from the rodeo and investigated by The federal government. True snowflakes.

Myup.

Okay.

Shakespeare rocks.

Liberal interpretation of Shakespeare, rocks not so much.

Okay.

Shakespeare rocks.

Liberal interpretation of Shakespeare, rocks not so much.

Not really. Its extremely predictable and just lazy.

"Killing a sitting President on stage is pushing the envelope."

For Leftists???

Hardly.

Every presidential assassin in the history of the nation has been a liberal- or has not been associated with a political outlook- none were right-wingers.

WTF... did I log into a message board or the crazy house?

No one questioned the brilliance of Shakespeare. However, we are questioning the sanity of the author of the play, who decided to cast the current POTUS in one of the timeless classics... getting murdered.

The hate and bigotry runs strong in the far left community.

More than 12,000 tweets call for Trump's assassination | Daily Mail Online
Bella Hadid's Sheer Photos

Last edited:
then why are sponsors pulling out?

Forum List

Back